As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PS Vita] 2.0: PS1 support is a go (unless you live in North America and don't own a PS3)

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I don't know what you guys are bitching about. Those graphics look great.

This is a PS1 game, right?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    There are comparison pictures and it looks about the same as the PS3 version. I mean, they basically were just up ported PS2 games even on the PS3, so I dunno what people are expecting.

Also peace Walker HD was seperate in japan, so, no surprise they'd dump it this time around. May still release at some point.
    Nah, someone on the KojiPro podcast said that they didn't do it because the PSP version was available and they wanted to save resources (which considering the fact that they didn't port PW HD themselves, means they were either being cheap or just don't care). It's really disappointing too, as PW HD was better in every way. It could've had superior online functionality, better graphics, better controls and been able to actually transfar saves with the PS3 version.

I'll buy it regardless but whether I buy it new or second hand depends entirely on the price. If they price it the same as the normal HD Collection then they can fuck the hell off.
    skeldare wrote: »
    Apparently they sacrificed graphics for UE3.
    Fixed.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    Ha ha ha... well I'll be damned it is! Thanks for pointing that out for me. I just saw it in the Recommended PSP list and thought, "Oh cool! I can play it on my Vita." Didn't look at the other list and see that it is incompatible. That probably needs to be fixed on the first post so people don't do the same.

The Vita's system of copying things over from the PC/PS3 is a bit annoying to me after the simplicity of the PSP.
    Oh crap, sorry about that. Yeah I just made a list of all the well regarded games on the PS Store, as I assumed they'd all be added eventually. I'm not removing them from the list though, as all the regional differences would mess everything up. But I will make a note beforehand telling people to check the incompatible list first.

Also, I double checked said incompatible list against my Vita store and there are a LOT of games that are there (let alone ones that can be transferred via PS3), so I have to assume they're just not compatible in North America. I've added the incompatible region to each game to make it a little more clear but a warning to US users, looking at it might make you cry. If anyone else wants to double check it against their stores though, just post or send me a PM if you find anything wrong.

Oh and sadly, the PSP localisation of Grand Knights History has been cancelled. Sounds like Vanillaware just couldn't sacrifice anyone from the Dragon's Crown team to help out with the technical aspects of the localisation.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
    Double post for awesome:

p4golden_faithful_announce.jpg

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Thank you Altus for making my month. Time to "Make History" (again)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJkzbgPuuNA

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Never played P4, so I'm really looking forward to it.

• RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Started up P3P a few days ago just to check it out. Kind of turned off by the choose your own adventure, visual novel feel of the game so far. I liked actually walking the main character around the 3D environments in the PS2 version.

• UmbryUmbry Registered User regular
    I've been dying to replay P4 again. I can't wait for the Vita version. And careful Renzo, with that comment you might stir up the "P3P > P3 or P3 > P3P" argument like back in the Megaten thread :P

Edond.png
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oh crap, sorry about that. Yeah I just made a list of all the well regarded games on the PS Store, as I assumed they'd all be added eventually. I'm not removing them from the list though, as all the regional differences would mess everything up. But I will make a note beforehand telling people to check the incompatible list first.

Also, I double checked said incompatible list against my Vita store and there are a LOT of games that are there (let alone ones that can be transferred via PS3), so I have to assume they're just not compatible in North America. I've added the incompatible region to each game to make it a little more clear but a warning to US users, looking at it might make you cry. If anyone else wants to double check it against their stores though, just post or send me a PM if you find anything wrong.

No problem I'm glad that you made the list in the first place (plus the great members here) I have at least a fighting chance to find new games to play.

Now to go check out your new updated list and cry.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    Started up P3P a few days ago just to check it out. Kind of turned off by the choose your own adventure, visual novel feel of the game so far. I liked actually walking the main character around the 3D environments in the PS2 version.

Honestly , that part sucks for me too.

But the battles are all normal, and the story and all that other stuff makes up for it. So overall it is still definitely really worth playing, if you have not played Persona 3 before. You will get used to it.

That said, that part is a big downer and I am really, really looking forward to Persona 4

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So I'm kind of wanting to try P3P but all this discussion is scaring me a bit. Is this a game that will eat me alive if I just try to figure things out as I go?

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I really want to play Legend of Dragoon on my Vita.

Why are you being so difficult Sony? :evil:

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • fedaykin666fedaykin666 Registered User regular
    So I'm kind of wanting to try P3P but all this discussion is scaring me a bit. Is this a game that will eat me alive if I just try to figure things out as I go?

I would say jump right in and pick hard. The difficulty is tuned, quite mercilessly for the PS2 gameplay, in which you can only issue semi-reliable behaviour commands to your comrades and there is no guard command.

In P3P, you can issue individual commands to all party members and you have a guard command to make yourself immune to status effects and cover elemental weaknesses. The monster scaling hasn't really been adjusted in view of your party suddenly making smart, human use of their turns. You can choose to let the AI control your party and only issue orders when it's your turn, but I personally find it hard to resist the temptation. On top of that major gameplay change, the tiredness system has also been changed so that you can grind to your heart's content if you like that sort of thing.

I wouldn't say it's now a very easy game, but it's certainly a lot easier to get into than P3 FES.

• RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular

I would say jump right in and pick hard. The difficulty is tuned, quite mercilessly for the PS2 gameplay, in which you can only issue semi-reliable behaviour commands to your comrades and there is no guard command.

In P3P, you can issue individual commands to all party members and you have a guard command to make yourself immune to status effects and cover elemental weaknesses. The monster scaling hasn't really been adjusted in view of your party suddenly making smart, human use of their turns. You can choose to let the AI control your party and only issue orders when it's your turn, but I personally find it hard to resist the temptation. On top of that major gameplay change, the tiredness system has also been changed so that you can grind to your heart's content if you like that sort of thing.

I wouldn't say it's now a very easy game, but it's certainly a lot easier to get into than P3 FES.

P3P also has an Easy mode.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Sweet. I've never played a Persona game (well, I did try the first one to come out on the... I forget if it's the PS1 or PS2 but didn't get too far) so this will be different. Thanks! :)

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    I literally, literally just beat P3P this morning (at, uh....6:30 AM, didn't know it was that late/early) and The Golden gets a US date. It's like they were waiting for me, you guys.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I literally, literally just beat P3P this morning (at, uh....6:30 AM, didn't know it was that late/early) and The Golden gets a US date. It's like they were waiting for me, you guys.

You should've beaten it sooner, we'd have it by now.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

You should've beaten it sooner, we'd have it by now.

Ha!

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Too much?

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    I'd say it's juuuust right.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Hahahaha, yesssss.

(I'll be faster next time, I promise.)

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So to beat the horse just a bit more. I got the latest issue of @Gamer today, they had a review for Mortal Kombat. Not one mention of the graphics, and to top it off the screenshots were from the console version... :/

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Almost every review site mentions the graphics briefly, with the common rhetoric being "hey, it's a portable, what else would you expect?"

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    How do they justify that stance when compared to UMvC3? It's essentially a 1:1 port.

Oh brilliant
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    That's why I don't get why it gets a pass in all the reviews.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

Maybe I should get stuck into P3P myself. P4G doesn't have European release date yet.

Pfft, European release date? There's no DLC so it's import safe.

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Retro love.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    So to beat the horse just a bit more. I got the latest issue of @Gamer today, they had a review for Mortal Kombat. Not one mention of the graphics, and to top it off the screenshots were from the console version... :/

Haven't gotten mines yet. Will be my first issue, so that may be why. Were there any good coupon deals in it?

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Maybe you guys are just over reacting

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • tragicktragick Registered User regular
    Just got a Vita last week. I was lurking here since launch and all of you are responsible for generating so much hype that I succumbed. I got a 32g card off amazon and so far have downloaded HSG and LoH: TitS. What's the best case solution, or which do you guys prefer? I have tried the Hori rubberized case, the one that smells really awful. I got the smell mostly out, but I think I'm going to order that Thrustmaster VIP case. The Hori case is huge, and apparently the Thrustmaster one is very minimal.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Maybe you guys are just over reacting

Well, the graphics are godawful, but It is an incredible port of a fantastic game, outside of the graphics.

All I'm saying is that it's actually easy to overlook the graphics. They're a little jarring sometimes, but there's just so much awesome in that game that it's hard to hate it.

Of course, the deceptive marketing tactics are insulting and I will hold that against them.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    tragick wrote: »
    Just got a Vita last week. I was lurking here since launch and all of you are responsible for generating so much hype that I succumbed. I got a 32g card off amazon and so far have downloaded HSG and LoH: TitS. What's the best case solution, or which do you guys prefer? I have tried the Hori rubberized case, the one that smells really awful. I got the smell mostly out, but I think I'm going to order that Thrustmaster VIP case. The Hori case is huge, and apparently the Thrustmaster one is very minimal.

I've got the VIP case and I'm not sure I like it. I was expecting something quite sturdy, like a glasses case, but it's basically just plastic. It'll probably do the job of protecting my Vita in a bag but I wouldn't trust it anymore than that. It is definitely very minimal though, which I like, and looks great from the front.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The First Edition case is outsanding. It's hard, the Vita's screen is protected, the side pouch fits almost just right for a 3DS, and both systems games fit great in the cart slots.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited May 2012
    How do they justify that stance when compared to UMvC3? It's essentially a 1:1 port.

UMvC3 isn't truly a 1:1 port, it's just a lot less noticeable.

Edit: BTW, love the new thread title. :)

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Target has a case(the one I'd been waiting for that was just like my PSP one) that is only 19.99. It has a somewhat molded spot that the Vita itself fits snugly into with a strap that pulls it right back out. Then there is a game holding folder type thing that doubles as a cover for the screen when the whole thing is closed. The top half of it may also have storage space, don't use it so cant remember. I can try to link it when I can, or post pictures if anyone wants. It think its made by CTA, but I believe they use to be PDP or something since they both made similar accessories.

I highly recommend it for anyone still looking for a case.

I really wanted the FEB case, but now that people say it can fit both the Vita and a 3DS, I feel it is bigger then I thought, or wanted.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, you can fit either a 3DS or PSP in that case. It's hard on the outside, and I've been guilty of dropping it a few times...It suits my needs nicely.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
    Yeah, you can fit either a 3DS or PSP in that case. It's hard on the outside, and I've been guilty of dropping it a few times...It suits my needs nicely.

Oh it is either a 3DS OR a Vita? I thought people meant BOTH. In that case, that may be better. But the one I mentioned from target is just as good at taking the fall and protecting the Vita. So for the unfortunate without FEB bundles, it will fill the void

steam_sig.png
  • BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »

Oh it is either a 3DS OR a Vita? I thought people meant BOTH. In that case, that may be better. But the one I mentioned from target is just as good at taking the fall and protecting the Vita. So for the unfortunate without FEB bundles, it will fill the void

Well, I mean, those in ADDITION to the Vita.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    b1rdman wrote: »

It definitely fits both 3DS and Vita at the same time (the FEB case). I have found I don't use the case any more though. I just stick the 3DS or Vita in my pocket when I go places. Granted, not everyone is over 6'3" so their pants may not be as accommodating. As it is, the Vita is too big to be comfortable in the pocket.

• TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular

UMvC3 was not a 1:1 port, far from it. All the backgrounds were neutered severely, and lack almost all animation.

A better comparison seems to be SFvT, but I haven't played that one.