As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Room Share Thread

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Do not use this thread for hotel discussion.

This is the ROOM SHARE Thread

It's that time again. If you're looking to share space you have or looking to join in somebody else's space, this is the place to post about it.

If you have a hotel room and want to fill space, use this format:

--

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:
Total Cost:
Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Number of Spots Available:
My Gender
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes/Requests:

----

If you are looking for a place to sleep, use this format:

NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving:
Date Leaving:
Spots Needed:
My Gender:
Your Gender:
Best Contact Method:

Additional Notes:

---

Please reserve this thread for its intended purpose only, and do not make use of increased text sizes to draw attention to your post.
Any posts making use of large text will be infracted.

Additionally, this thread is for room-sharing. This is not the trade-room-space-for-passes thread. Anybody caught trying to trade hotel space for a pass will be infracted and their post will be deleted.

Moe Fwacky on

• longklawlongklaw Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    D

longklaw on
  • Fawkes LamentFawkes Lament Sir Bellingham, WARegistered User new member
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 8/30 OR 8/31
    Date Leaving: 9/2 OR 9/3
    Spots Needed: One
    My Gender: Male
    Your Gender: Human
    Best Contact Method: fawkeslament@gmail.com

Additional Notes: I'm 18, probably coming down on bus so I have flexible times. I would prefer floor if I can save a few bucks that way.

Found a spot. This is going to be a great event, good luck to all.

Fawkes Lament on
  • NOGamer89NOGamer89 Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    NEED SPACE... desperately (STILL LOOKING as of Aug 12)

Date Arriving: 8/30 mid-afternoon
    Date Leaving: 9/3 morning
    Spots Needed: 1
    Your Gender: Not picky at all. (Beggars can't be choosers, after all)
    Best Contact Method: NOGamer89@gmail.com or NOGamer89 on Skype

Additional Notes: Age 23. Respectable of personal space and belongings. I don't drink, don't smoke, and I'm not the super obnoxious party guy. Overall really laid back and just looking to have a good time at the Con and surrounding events and stuff. I won't be in the room much, if at all other than to sleep, shower, and stash stuff. You'll hardly notice I'm there. All I need is a little bit of space on the floor to sleep and stash my junk.

NOGamer89 on
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    And everything's been found.

PayneTrayne on
    PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 8/30
    Date Leaving: 9/2 (possibly 9/3)
    Your Gender: Either!
    Best Contact Method: @TheAggroCraig on Twitter, or PM on here.

Additional Notes:
    I'm 23. I would prefer a bed, but if it'll knock down my cost hardcore I'll take a floor (as long as I'm not crammed with a million people). I do like to drink and want to do the pub crawl (I'm not a crazy party guy, but take it into consideration). This will be my first PAX Prime (I've done East 3 times now), so I'm really excited, but also nervous because I'm rocking my first flight solo as well as first PAX. Contact me for more info!

Space found! Thanks to everyone who offered me space though!

TheAggroCraig on
  • ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Updated as of May 15th 6pm

Hotel:Homewood suites. Booked largest suite they had! Paid in full already, so it's ours.
    Total Cost: $985 total At 6 people, it will be $110-120 for the entire 4 day weekend. I'll do much best to keep the price at this.
    Date Arriving: Aug 30th
    Date Leaving: Sept 3rd
    Number of Spots Available: 1 We currently have 5 guest staying with us. We can sleep upto 6 comfortably. I have roll out beds already reserved for guests. They are expecting us.
    Your Gender: Does not matter, we will all be adults. So we should be able to grant each other personal space.
    Best Contact Method: PM me.

Must be 21+
    Must Shower daily
    Don't be a jerk (that means respect peoples space)
    I will be getting master bedroom. Sleeping arrangements will be created after that defending on if your bringing your Girlfriend/boyfriend,wife, or coming solo.

Everyone will be given fair living arrangements. Since I'll be taking Master Bedroom I'll be taking a larger sum of the room costs onto myself to make it fair to any others guests. I have 1 friend currently coming, and 1 Possible. Please note not everyone will get a bed. But I will do my best to make sure everyone is comfortable and has enough space. This is my 3rd year attending PAX so any questions or concerns can be handled. I lived in the Seattle Tacoma area for 4 years, and my buddy is a current resident. So out of state/country folks are welcome and we won't mind giving you suggestions on places to eat and see besides the con.

I've had a few people confused about this roomshare. We are going to party. We might not be going crazy and throwing chairs out windows. But we will Bar crawl, beer pong in the room, and other great activities. I will supply 1 keg for the weekend with Ice. Anything extra is BYOB.

Edited: A member of our group is getting a apartment in Seattle. They opted since it's close to the Con to walk their daily instead of staying at a Hotel. They are a good friend of mine, so they will be allowed to hang out with us. But they will not be staying the night of course. Another party person is welcome!

Chazzon on
  • Death-MooseDeath-Moose Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Aug 30
    Date Leaving: Sept 3
    My Gender: M
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method: PM

Additional Notes: Very quiet 24-year-old guy coming from Vancouver, Canada to my first ever PAX (3rd ever con period). I am easy to get along with and hard to annoy, within reason. if you're loud it doesn't bother me, and if you're friendly I'm friendly right back at you. Non-smoker but as long as you don't smoke in whatever room I'm sleeping in you can do whatever you like. If we get along I'm down for drinks, or we can let each other go about our business. I'm starting to feel like I'm signing up for a dating site here, so send me a pm if you're looking for a person to fill up some space for the con.

Arrangements made thank you

Death-Moose on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Single room, double bed at the Roosevelt
    Total Cost: $580 between 4-5 people
    Date Arriving: Aug 30
    Date Leaving: Sept 02
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    Your Gender: Either

OTHER:
    - Please be over 21 and be comfortable being surrounded by the consumption of copious amounts of alcohol by guys (maybe girls) in their mid 20s
    - Must have good hygiene and bathe DAILY.
    - Must be comfortable with sleeping on the floor (bring a sleeping bag). We're more than willing to trade off nights on the beds, but don't expect a bed every night.
    - Must pay your share up front.
    - Must understand that while hanging out and seeing the convention together isn't out of the question, it shouldn't be expected.
    - Please be cool. If you're high strung and very particular, we would rather not room with you. Please respect other people's space and property.

Guek on
  • ChazzonChazzon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Updated

Hotel: Booking next week(Hilton, Grand Hyatt, or Homewood suites.
    Total Cost: $875-$1000 total
    Date Arriving: Aug 30th
    Number of Spots Available: 2 (Have two possible people staying with us now)
    Your Gender: Does not matter, we will all be adults. So we should be able to grant each other personal space.
    Best Contact Method: PM me.

Must be 21+
    Must Shower daily
    Don't be a jerk (that means respect peoples space)
    I will be getting master bedroom. Sleeping arrangements will be created after that defending on if your bringing your Girlfriend/boyfriend,wife, or coming solo.

Everyone will be given fair living arrangements. Since I'll be taking Master Bedroom I'll be taking a larger sum of the room costs onto myself to make it fair to any others guests. I have 1 friend currently coming, and 1 Possible. Please note not everyone will get a bed. But I will do my best to make sure everyone is comfortable and has enough space. This is my 3rd year attending PAX so any questions or concerns can be handled. I lived in the Seattle Tacoma area for 4 years, and my buddy is a current resident. So out of state/country folks are welcome and we won't mind giving you suggestions on places to eat and see besides the con.

We will be having parties. We don't plan to be going wild every night till 3 in the morning. But you must be comfortable to be around drinking games, and have a good time. I will be bringing a keg or two with alot of ice for the weekend..haha

Full up

Chazzon on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Guys, don't post your info more than once.

E6LkoFK.png

• sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel:Kings Inn
    Total Cost: Around 500 right now we can split 2 ways possibly 3 so if you end up being our 3rd or 4th the price is going to be 125-167 for the entire stay of pax
    Date Arriving:thursday around 6pm
    Date Leaving: monday around 11am
    Number of Spots Available: 1-2
    My Gender Male
    Your Gender: Dont care
    Best Contact Method:pm me on here or contact sarge1446@yahoo.com

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • christinacchristinac Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    Date Arriving: aug. 29th
    Date Leaving: september 2nd in the am (however I will be in Seattle until the 4th but I'll probably be staying at a Hostel)
    Spots Needed: just one
    My Gender: female
    Your Gender: doesn't matter, we're all adults.
    Best Contact Method: pm

Additional Notes: I'm a 22 year old girl from Canada. This will by my first time to PAX, my first con and also my first time traveling alone (so many firsts!). I'd like to stay with adults (20+), so no one under 20 (and no drama!) I'm not picky about where I sleep (although I'd prefer a bed). Uhhh... If I could room with someone (or group of someones) that doesn't mind a tag-a-long that would also be amazing. I'm really stoked to meet new people and definitely want to make some friends :] I like partying if my roommates are up for it, if not I'll respect you and your space as long as you respect mine :]

Anyway, let me know if you have space for me, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing from you!!

Thanks everyone for all the offers!!

christinac on
  • Captain StarCaptain Star Vancouver, BCRegistered User new member
    edited May 2012

HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

UPDATE: We have switched hotels. We now have a room at the Homewood Suites Convention Center with 4 person availability.

Hotel: Homewood Suites Convention Center (1 king bed, 1 sofa bed suite)
    Total Cost: $1058 ($264 per person split 4 ways)
    Date Arriving: August 30 (Afternoon)
    Date Leaving: September 3
    Number of Spots Available: 1
    My Gender: 2 Males (both 22 years old)
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter

Additional Notes/Requests: We're just two friendly dudes traveling from Vancouver, BC, hoping to lighten the burden of our hotel cost.

The Homewood Suites Convention Center is right beside PAX. Free breakfast. Free WiFi.

We're both 22 and we'll be hanging out with a group of 22-23 year olds, so mature adults 21+ preferred, especially if you're going alone and maybe want to hang out. And apparently, we need to specify that good hygiene is a must. Ours is.

Captain Star on
  • MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Sheraton
    Total Cost: Donate $100 to Child's Play and we'll call it even
    Date Arriving: Thursday, August 30
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 3
    Number of Spots Available: 1

Additional Notes/Requests: The extra spot is for a rollaway bed in a single king room at the Sheraton. I'm 22 and I like to think I'm pretty easy to get along with. It'll be pretty low key and quiet as I've pretty much just got the place to crash at night, shower, charge electronic crap, and not much else. I historically have been getting in reasonably late and head out pretty early so the room will be empty most of the time. There won't be any parties or anything like that.

As for what kind of person I'm looking for, it doesn't matter much, although I'd prefer someone who doesn't smoke(or at least who doesn't smell like it). It's my first time opening up a room to someone I haven't met beforehand so just be kind, clean, and in general don't make me regret it.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • QuintiousQuintious Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    x

Quintious on
  • shortforstormtroopershortforstormtrooper Pittsburgh, PARegistered User new member
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, August 30
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 3
    My Gender: Female
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter!
    Best Contact Method: PM-- though I will gladly give my phone number so we can chat and make sure that our personalities click.

Additional Notes: Non-smoker. Will be 25 at time of Expo. I'm quite happy on a rollaway or sharing a bed (hey, it's only 5 hours a night, right?). I'm planning on spending very little time in the hotel itself-- I just need somewhere safe to rest at night. Willing to negotiate a fair price!

Roommates acquired! Thanks so much, everyone. :)

shortforstormtrooper on
  • ShocknaShockna Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Grand Hyatt
    Total Cost: $668
    Date Arriving: Thursday, August 30th
    Date Leaving: Monday, September 3rd
    Your Gender: Doesn't matter.
    Best Contact Method: PM, shockna@gmail.com (If you prefer phone, send an email requesting my phone number), or shockna on Skype.

- 21+ strongly preferred.
    - Bathe daily, general good hygiene
    - I am opening to changing hotels if I get enough requests
    - No set sleeping arrangements at this time.

Shockna on
  • MentalToastMentalToast Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, August 30th
    Best Contact Method: Pm or email edg165@gmail.com

Additional Notes:
    18 years old, First time going to PAX and a bit nervous about going it alone. ( Been to SDCC before, but always with others)
    More than happy to bring a sleeping bag for a floor of a hotel room. I practice regular hygiene and have a pretty relaxed personality.

MentalToast on
  • CrogothCrogoth Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Updated 8/24/2012
    Room's Full, see you all in a week!
    Have Space Available!

Hotel: Quality Inn & Suites + Rodeway Inn (8 mi.)
    Total Cost: Taxis + 4 days of rooming = ~150 to be split.
    Date Arriving: 8/30/2012
    Date Leaving: 9/3/2012
    Number of Spots Available: Up to 2
    My Gender Male
    Your Gender: Doesn't Matter
    Best Contact Method: ah135481@gmail.com OR PM

I managed to get an employee rate at a hotel only .8 Miles from the convention center, however it's only for thursday night.
    For the rest of the weekend i have the following reservation:
    -Rodeway Inn North: A hotel 8 miles away ($25+tax/night).

Currently myself + 1 in the room. the above estimated price is for just us two. it's a rough estimate of the cost of the rooming for 4 days, Taxi ride TO the convention, and public transportation back to the hotel.
    Additional roomates would drive the cost down.

As for who i'm looking for: Anyone who's looking to cut cost on living accommodations and who doesn't mind the distance. Bathes daily, and has good hygiene. Don't mind smoking, as long as it's not in the room, or drinking. In fact, if you drink, we'll get along nicely. Wouldn't mind hanging out at the convention, but it's whatevers if we don't

Crogoth on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thrusday, August 30th
    Best Contact Method: PM, email: blackdragon1066-at-gmail.com

Additional Notes:
    30 years old, good hygiene habits, looking to cut cost on this year's (my 6th) PAX. I'm a non-smoker, but do drink. Would prefer somewhere within a couple of blocks of the WSCC, as I have degenerative joint problems and have taken to using a cane to assist w/ walking. As for sleeping arrangements, bed would be preferable, but I don't have a problem sleeping on the floor and will bring a sleeping bag if necessary.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • ZuulzillaZuulzilla North CarolinaRegistered User new member
    edited May 2012
    Have space available!

Hotel: Crowne Plaza
    Total Cost: $911 (Split according to however many people are staying in the room.)
    Date Arriving: 08/29
    Date Leaving: 09/03
    My Gender: Female (The other roommate is also female.)
    Best Contact Method: Email: zuulzilla@gmail.com

Additional Notes/Requests: So far it's just me (25 y/o) and one other girl (24 y/o). Both non-smokers. Drinkers, but we will not be drinking in the hotel room or returning completely wasted. (And we expect the same of anyone staying with us!) We're both two very nice, fun, law-abiding citizens! Looking for 1-2 who don't mind sharing the other bed or sleeping on the floor. (We are willing to take in more if your going with a small group of people who need space as well, as long as they don't mind sleeping on the floor.) If you're arriving a day late or leaving a day early, we can work around it, but we prefer people who are staying from the 29th-3rd. Email me!

Roommates acquired! Thanks! :D

Zuulzilla on
  • ZazumZazum Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HAVE SPACE !

Hotel: Grand Hyatt
    Total Cost: $891.20
    Date Arriving: 8/30
    Date Leaving: 9/3
    Your Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method: cortney.zamm@gmail.com

I'm a first-time Prime attendee. I don't smoke but I do drink casually. I'm looking for someone fun and friendly to share my room with, if you're traveling alone I would love someone to spend time with at PAX. My usual PAX East schedule includes a lot of time at board game freeplay and the concerts. I'm flexible if you're not staying the whole time, just looking to share the room but I'll have to let the Hyatt know that it'll be more than just me. Email me!

Potential roomies aquired! If things change I'll alert this thread first thing!

Zazum on
  • The other guyThe other guy Meh Bellingham, WA AreaRegistered User new member
    edited August 2012
    No more space availible

The other guy on
  • digitaldimsumdigitaldimsum Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: None! My apartment is 3 blocks about less than 10 minute walk to convention center. When you walk there you will be at the top of the convention center where all the events are at. You will be using a comfortable sectional couch. I'm replacing my couch soon to possibly leather designer.

Total Cost: $250 total, includes access to food. I keep my fridge stock with food. So you can cook breakfast or eat dinner at my place. Be less if you just bring your own sleeping bag. (sorry, nobody sleeps on my bed except me)

Date Arriving: Open! I can pick you up at the airport or you can take the lightrail. Easy access to transportation.

Date Leaving: Hopefully Monday evening as for I work on Tuesday.

Number of Spots Available: 1 or 2.

My Gender: I stand when I pee.

Perferly somebody mature and over 21. I will be going to PAX with my friends as well and you're more than welcome to join me and my friends at PAX and after PAX. I can take you around Seattle and do Seattle things but really there isn't much unless you get out of Seattle. I require that you shower daily! Yes, no smelly people, meaning bad odors. You break, you buy! Seriously, I have expensive electronics, art, and collectibles. I have PS3 and games you can play as well. NO BIGOTS, RACIST, EXTREMIST, SEXIST AND DEFINITELY NO TERRORIST!!!

digitaldimsum on
  • sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    SPACE no longer available

Hotel:Kings Inn it's .4 miles away it's super close has free wifi
    Total Cost: Around 500 right now so split 3 ways is 168 for the entire stay of pax
    Date Arriving:thursday around 6pm
    Date Leaving: monday around 11am
    My Gender Male
    Your Gender: Dont care
    Best Contact Method:pm me on here or contact sarge1446@yahoo.com

sarge1445 on
    I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday around noon.
    Date Leaving: Monday around 5pm
    Your Gender: Female
    Best Contact Method: Just send me a PM.

Additional Notes/Requests: I'll be arriving by train, the king street station I believe. I'll be 25 at PAX and this is my 2nd PAX trip. I don't smoke or drink (my medication forbids alcohol) and I love showers. I don't mind roomin with a girl who's boyfriend is there too, I am just super shy and I don't feel comfortable sleepin with dudes in the room. I don't have any plans outside of hangin out and having fun at PAX but I'm very flexible. I'm not certain if I have a sleeping bag or not, that will have to be discussed.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • spillcanvasgirlspillcanvasgirl Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Aug 31
    Date Leaving: Sep 2
    Your Gender: Don't care

Additional Notes: Would ideally like to stay at the Sheraton, that's where I stayed last year. I have coke points on mycokerewards.com that could take $50 off the cost of the stay. I just want somewhere quiet and comfortable to sleep 3-4 hours per day, and store some swag. I'm not really comfortable staying in a single room with more than 3 people because A) I wouldn't be able to sleep and B) I'd wake people up coming and going. >_<

I am 22, this is not my first time at PAX, I spend my time looking for raffles, tournaments, and downtime @ PC freeplay

spillcanvasgirl on
  • EdobeanEdobean Lawndale, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: August 30th
    Date Leaving: September 3rd
    Your Gender: N/A
    Best Contact Method: vics.edobean@gmail.com / pm

Additional Notes: I'm 23 years old and this will be my first time attending PAX Prime. I'm from California and have been to Seattle before for a convention called Sakuracon (haven't been there in a few years though). I believe I'm easy to become friends with. I'm clean and try to keep everything of mine in one corner lol As for sleeping arrangements, I'm 4'9''....meaning I'm pretty small and can easily find room if needed. I would prefer a bed but I've made beds out of chairs and under desks. I do not smoke but I do drink and usually these are the only times I drink (trust me I do not go overboard).

The hotel I would prefer is Sheraton or Grand Hyatt. I'm willing to pay money up front or even through paypal before the con so you have money to pay up front at the hotel if needed. Please let me know if there is a spot available as well as price. Thank you!

Edobean on
  • karlthepagankarlthepagan Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Posting on behalf of a friend.

SPACE AVAILABLE :

Hotel: Renaissance
    Total Cost:$200 / occupant
    Date Arriving: Thursday
    Date Leaving: SUNDAY checkout
    Number of Spots Available: 2
    My Gender: M/asexual
    Your Gender: any
    Best Contact Method: twitter Yakaru (or PM karlthepagan with your contact info)

From Thomas
    "currently 2 guys, myself (asexual) and a LoL-fan; fine with females who are okay with it -- we have 2 beds, 4 guests, 2 guests left. I'm taking a bed, the other guest is doing floor so [currently] an empty bed."

The Ren is a good choice. I can vouch for how harmless BUT FUN Tom is. Cool people. Endorsed by this long time PAXer.

filled. good luck everyone

karlthepagan on
  • jthom252jthom252 Duarte, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Found something, thanks!

jthom252 on
  • LordFizzlebeefLordFizzlebeef Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Found space!

Date Arriving: August 30th by train
    Date Leaving: September 3rd by train
    Your Gender: N/A

Additional Notes: 25 years old from northern california. Riding the pax train up and just need a place to crash. Willing to take the floor if that's the only space left. I may have a console to bring along to keep the room entertained at the end of or beginning of any given day. This will be my 3rd PAX and I am still horrible at time management, but I make friends pretty easily and would love to hang out with new and interesting people. Allergic to alcohol though, so that pretty much rules out any parties. XD

Any hotel that's within walking distance is fine with me. Looking to spend $250 or less.

LordFizzlebeef on
  • MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Need Space

Date Arriving: August 30th
    Best Contact Method: PM Me!

Additional Notes: Im 25, coming from Northern Cali on the PAX Train. Id like to think I'm an OK guy. I have no issues sleeping curled up on the floor and I find it horrifying that I need to state that I am perfectly capable and willing to shower daily. I'm kinda shy, but if I'm invited to do cool things, Ill most likely be down. If not, I'm perfectly content on going lone wolf. I plan to just come at night, sleep, shower and then leave in the AM every day, perhaps participating in a bar crawl or two. I'm not rowdy or obnoxious when Ive had a few by any means. Oh, and this is my first PAX :)

Got a room!

MrDoctorProfessor on
    noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • REO SpeedwagonREO Speedwagon Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Hotel: Executive Hotel Pacific (about 10-15 minute walk from convention center, depending on your health)
    Total Cost: $300. 3 nights, room booked for two.
    Date Arriving: Evening of 8/30 (Thursday)
    Date Leaving: Sunday 9/2 (check-out Sunday morning).
    Number of Spots Available: The whole room, single queen
    My Gender: Male, not that it matters. I'll check you in and that's about it!
    Best Contact Method: PM here, I'll get my phone/email to you.

I booked this room trying to get a quick, cheap rate (which I did), but then my sister booked two queens at the Red Lion for her, my wife, my brother in law, and me. And Priceline refuses returns.

I won't be in the room...it's all yours, but I'll drop by to check in/out. Once I am checked in and have keys, I'll meet you wherever. I have a lot of--maybe too much haha--faith in humanity and the people of this forum. I just ask that you don't run up any extra charges.

The total price I paid is about $420, but you can have it for $300 (basically $100/night). I won't be there except to check you in.

REO Speedwagon on
  • UNHMANUNHMAN [E] Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:
    Arriving on the 30th
    Leaving on the 3rd
    Spots Needed:1
    My gender:Male
    Your gender:Don't Care
    Best contact method:PM or sorbiej@gmail.com. Or Skype, username:moultonborough (though better to PM or E-mail first as I don't usually answer people I don't know so let me know what your username is first.)
    Additional Info: 25 years old. I'm quiet, don't drink or smoke but I don't care if you do. Very easy to get along with. If you want I can go around with you or alone whatever is better for you. My first PAX Prime though I did go to this year's PAX East. Going(most likely) a plane or a Train(cheaper). Attending all three days and love to have fun.

Found a room.

UNHMAN on
  • LaKangaRueLaKangaRue Registered User regular
    Have Space Available

Hotel: Paramount Hotel (1.0 blocks away)
    Total Cost: $206 1 night, room booked for two
    Date Arriving: Morning of 8/31 (Friday)
    Date Leaving: Evening of 9/1 (Saturday)
    Number of Spots Available: 1-2 people, floor only
    My Gender: Male and Female (my husband and I)
    Best Contact Method: PM, I'll give you my phone & email that way.

We'd like $50 for the room, and it would need to be paid upfront.

I promise, we're awesome! I'm a PAX regular and this is my husband's second time. We're both 21 and easy-going; we're cool to hang out with you at the convention or only seeing you a few times both days, it doesn't matter to us.

I'd also request that our roommate(s) should bathe daily... it's sad that it's come to this, but by the smell I've experienced at the convention... it needs to be said.

Thanks!

• neo_blade01neo_blade01 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: Thursday, Aug. 30th
    Date Leaving: Sunday, Sept. 2nd
    Spots Needed: 2
    Your Gender: Don't Care
    Best Contact Method: PM or email neo.blade01@hotmail.com

Additional Notes: My sister and I are returning to PAX for our third straight year together. We're both going to do some cosplay this year, so be very mindful. (Don't worry: there isn't much to our costumes.) We're also planning on checking out the PAX concerts on Friday and possibly Saturday. One important thing about us is that we do not drink or smoke, so it would be nice if we could room with somebody who feels the same way. In previous years I have brought along my PS3 with some games and movies to those who were interested and this year will be no exception. I'm willing to sleep on the floor or a chair if it will help, but wherever is just fine.

Overall, we're both a couple of relaxed gamers who just want to have fun and meet some new people. And we're looking to stay on a budget.

neo_blade01 on
  • FayiliFayili Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 8/30 (evening)
    Date Leaving: 9/3 (eeearly morning unless I find a better flight)
    Spots Needed: Hopefully 2; my boyfriend may not be able to get time off from work
    My Gender: Female and male
    Best Contact Method: vevenne@gmail.com

Additional Notes: We're both 19, so unfortunately >21 is right out. Also, we promise to refrain from PDA in your presence. Obviously, bed space preferred. I'll be Cookie Brigading this year as well (this is my 3rd PAX, his first), so if that's an added incentive... We'll probably be pretty low-key and just stay on our laptops whenever we're in the room, unless you want us to chill with you.

Fayili on
    Prepositions are the things you should not end sentences with.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.
  • iKKyiKKy Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    NEED SPACE:

Date Arriving: 29th Aug
    Date Leaving: 3rd Sep
    Spots Needed: 2
    My Gender: Male and Female
    Best Contact Method: D4mLikky7@gmail.com or PM me

Additional Notes:

Both in our 20s, from NJ and Texas, this is our 3rd PAX Event. Looking for mature individuals with good hygiene to share rental cost.

iKKy on
  • ALKADERALKADER Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    HAVE SPACE AVAILABLE:

Updated with one more spot,seems like people don't care about sleeping on the floor if it is free.

Hotel:My apartment which is near Greenlake,two blocks away from a direct bus which gets you very close to the convention center.0.2 miles of walking total.I will be busing it down so If you are worried about using the bus system you I can show you the ropes and we can bus down together.It is maybe a 20 minute ride.

Total Cost:Free unless you break something.
    Date Arriving:Open
    Date Leaving:September 4th,I have taken some extra time off of work after PAX so by September 4th unless your dirty or a jerk,or a dirty jerk.Then you gots to go a lot sooner.
    Number of Spots Available: 3. 1 for a pretty comfortable couch,can do 2 more for the floor
    Your Gender:I don't care
    Best Contact Method:PM

Additional Notes/Requests: No smoking in the apartment of any kind,I am not a big partier but if you want to drink that is fine with me.Please bathe yourself daily!
    I do have one medium sized dog and two cats,all extremely friendly and people loving.The space I have is not large,two bedroom with the two of us who already live here getting dibs on the bedrooms!
    That is why I am not charging,plus I am trying to be more social this year.

I have two extra xbox 360's and a PS3 you can use,as well as a tv/monitor for you to connect those consoles to.I also watch tons of TV shows and movies if you are down for that.I have an extra PC which is not really capable of much in the gaming department but you can use it for internet if needed.Since I am not charging you will be responsible for your own food but there is a Safeway a few blocks away.

I have a few friends going to PAX,feel free to join us if interested.

ALKADER on
  • iKKyiKKy Registered User new member
    edited May 2012
    pm'ed

iKKy on
This discussion has been closed.