As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    you know what female champ worries me the most

orianna

her father built her as a replica of his dead daughter

and she has boobs and high heels :|

His dead stripper daughter.

wait she wasn't a stripper she was a danc--

oh

oh god

• ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Ok everyone. Maokai is completely nude. No need for a tree man to be treated like a vulgar, sexual object.

I win.

Anivia is also pretty nude, so it evens out. Except with her Noxus Hunter skin where she stops slutting around and puts some clothes on.

amg! you are so correct, think about hextech anivia and those bare wings.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • MelksterMelkster Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kay wrote: »
    Struggling to think of any sexualised male character models or splash art

Soccer Ezreal.

Melkster on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

orianna

wait she wasn't a stripper she was a danc--

oh

oh god

Beat to death by an angry and drunken Graves.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    oh no there are big titted women wearing revealing clothes in lol

hello yes cyber police i have been offended by something on the internet

yes i have talked about it on the internet but nothing happens

keep doing it well okay if you insist

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    This whole discussion is kind of funny, really. I personally don't notice how much skin or clothing the characters have on in game. I see it in the splash art, but that's it. I'm too focused on last hitting.

Speaking of splash art, that might be my favourite art thing in the game. I don't need particle effects or nifty animations, but you give me sinful succulence morgana at the load screen and all I can do is scream "ARRRRRGGGGHHHH, THE COOKIES" for 5 minutes in my head. Or Mafia Graves, Vandal Gragas, etc. Love that shit.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Imperial Lux is the first character where the shitty in game art overwhelmed the awesome splash art for me.

• ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Isn't it arguable that the sexualized characters are empowering? Yeah, MF looks sexy but is able to be taken seriously (lore wise) as a pirate hunter and competitor in the league. Isn't it equally as sexist to say that women have to look or act a certain way to be taken seriously? That saying because a woman cares about her appearance and is attractive she's automatically discounted as a substanceless sex object of male fantasies?

What I'm saying is, her name is Dr. Cahill damn it.

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    A huge opportunity was lost for Easter Yorick.

Bunny suit, shiny plastic shovel, woodland critters instead of ghouls.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    A-Puck wrote: »
    schuss wrote: »
    Yes, we're painhousing tonight. 8PM sharp in the channel Painhouse (which is now the player draft channel)
    Drafting will be done in the normal PA channel (got a lot of confusion last week)

Anyone who would like to be a captain, please PM me.
    Please let me know if you'd like to suggest a type of game or format for some of the games.
    While there's no point system yet, I am willing to give imaginary points for demacia vs. noxus matches, all yordle teams and similar.

Doc:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al8wcjKN9tZLdDNkTWdheE4xazFyZ21pMWxwWW0zUkE

Just to confirm this, and what it says on the linked doc. At 8pm, I should be in both the PA channel and the painhouse channel. When (if) I'm drafted for a team, I leave the painhouse channel. Is this correct?

Correct.

Props to programjunkie for volunteering to be captain!

Also - Ryze is clearly blue.

• CampionCampion Registered User regular

orianna

The boobs are weird, but she isn't actually wearing heels! She is standing on her tippy toes like a ballet dancer.
    http://lol.zones.gamebase.com.tw/skin_view/oriana_noball

4484-7718-8470
    Campion wrote: »

orianna

The boobs are weird, but she isn't actually wearing heels! She is standing on her tippy toes like a ballet dancer.
    Campion wrote: »

orianna

oh thank god

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    orianna has my favorite art design, she looks super robotic and uncanny-valley-ey and all of her spell effects are neat

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular

W59LI.jpg

Come hither

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    ChaosHat wrote: »
    Isn't it arguable that the sexualized characters are empowering? Yeah, MF looks sexy but is able to be taken seriously (lore wise) as a pirate hunter and competitor in the league. Isn't it equally as sexist to say that women have to look or act a certain way to be taken seriously? That saying because a woman cares about her appearance and is attractive she's automatically discounted as a substanceless sex object of male fantasies?

What I'm saying is, her name is Dr. Cahill damn it.

It matters a touch less in a fantasy setting, but yes, a female character should probably be wearing the same shit as a male doing the same thing in a combat situation, because if they are actually competent and deserve being taken seriously, they are wearing a mostly / purely utilitarian setup.

This skin:
    LeonaTheRadiantDawnIronSolariSkin.jpg

being a perfect example of such. She's going into battle, so she's wearing armor, and it covers everywhere she might get cuts / arrows / fireballs, which is everywhere (barring an open face, which is fine, esp. as that's a reasonable cinematic concession and not everyone does / did wear face protection). Obviously, if your theme is "witch" you're going to design that differently, but it's still possible to use a variety of designs with that.

I don't think joke skins like battle bunny riven are inappropriate in the least, just that female character design should not solely be based on "slutty" as the primary design theme down the line.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    schuss wrote: »
    Correct.

Props to programjunkie for volunteering to be captain!

Also - Ryze is clearly blue.

Ryze is purple

But it would probably be worse if he were blue

steele-muppet-sg-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

wbBv3fj.png
  • VarethiusVarethius CymruRegistered User regular
    Something that weirded me out when I first noticed it was the art for Dryad Soraka, and how anorexic she appears to be.

'dem ribs man. 'dem ribs.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    not every fighter wears full plate armor

and I mentioned malz because have you ever looked at his model? dude has crazy jacked arms and abs. same thing in his djinn skin. you can count trynd too. I mean just look at his pecs
    tryndamere.png

Jars on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    not every fighter wears full plate armor

and I mentioned malz because have you ever looked at his model? dude has crazy jacked arms and abs. same thing in his djinn skin. you can count trynd too. I mean just look at his pecs
    tryndamere.png

And Lee Sin.

This conversation is dumb and you should all feel bad.

Why? it wasn't the amount of skin shown that bugs me.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Graves_Splash_0.jpg

Aside from being unquestionably masculine with big arms and hairy face, all action lines are pointing to the crotch. The curve of his spine and curve of his legs make a < shape directly to the dick. He is also holding a giant barreled gun from the hips like a giant penis.

It'd really tie the whole thing together if he were wearing something slutty like any of the female champions.

4484-7718-8470
    Not sure where you fire a gun that big except from the hip.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    the shoulder?

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Ugh. I can't stand Tryndamere. I think he just has a shitty, boring design.

Its almost as tall as he is. I don't think I could even hold a six foot long object that heavy up to my shoulder.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    That's really not the point at all, sammich.

4484-7718-8470
    you probably couldn't run around with it for an hour either like it's nothing. do you feel inadequate compared to graves now?

• vallavvallav Registered User regular
    I see we're having the sex talk again. So soon from the last one.

so i decided to try ezreal

atruedisplayofskill.jpg

No triforce?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It's interesting to actually understand more about the game, and get indications of player skill by what items they start with.

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So, just had a proper botgame where I got to mid and the passive worked properly. Akali is a great deal more fun, but needs so much farm, I don't think I'd find a practical use for her since she can be more easily countered these days with the other solo tops she'd go against.

camo_sig.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    BUKDT.jpg

yorick vayne new meta

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    BUKDT.jpg

yorick vayne new meta

ain't nothin new about yorick/vayne, that shit's just as annoying as it was three months ago

people just forgot about it

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Trinity Force and Ezreal have a very special relationship tied closely to your team composition and the state of the game.

If you have a damage heavy team that has very little they can do to peel for you then you can grab trinity force and be a more independent operator, allowing your team to use their CC more offensively since they don't have to worry about protecting you. Its mix of stats keeps Ezreal alive and mobile, over time contributing damage to a fight by not getting caught and dropping quickly.

If your team requires more carry power and has the CC to peel for you then need to go for a more hard hitting auto-attack oriented build.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    People seem to have forgotten about yorick entirely.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    No triforce?

it was my first game with him and i panicked

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    vallav wrote: »
    I see we're having the sex talk again. So soon from the last one.

Don't get me fucking started. Ganassa submitted and was featured in the Summoner Showcase a while back. I don't recall Nikasaur acting weird or being offended.

Maybe guys should be up in arms over the ridiculously over-masculine male champs. People need to get over this false 'objectification' bullshit. It's the same-old "reading too much into it" that people always do.
    Sampsen wrote: »
    This whole discussion is kind of funny, really. I personally don't notice how much skin or clothing the characters have on in game. I see it in the splash art, but that's it. I'm too focused on last hitting.

Speaking of splash art, that might be my favourite art thing in the game. I don't need particle effects or nifty animations, but you give me sinful succulence morgana at the load screen and all I can do is scream "ARRRRRGGGGHHHH, THE COOKIES" for 5 minutes in my head. Or Mafia Graves, Vandal Gragas, etc. Love that shit.

Because it takes Hargaad 5 minutes to load the damn game. :\

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular

Please don't remind them.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
    Sampsen wrote: »

Please don't remind them.

You're just mad because he's actually viable against Olaf.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.