As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Show off your [Screenshots] thread [NSF56k]

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    A920361446530F85BAE9B395258DA1183DB35657

• Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Viking wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    Rage actually looks pretty amazing. Why didn't it get more attention?
    Bad launch, Texture pop in was a serious problem for 1/2 the player base.
    since it patched it is much much better, but you only get 1 chance to make a first impression and all that.

It still does have some comically bad textures in places, even then I think it is very nice looking (so long as you don't look too close)

Yes, Rage looks it's best from a distance. If you get in close, you quickly notice how low-res many textures are. Before Rage came out, Carmack talked about possibly releasing a high-res texture pack for the PC, if Bethesda would give their blessing. Since then, there has been nothing, which is disappointing.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    I was wondering when the dick shots were going to show up.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    MY DIIIIIIIIICK

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I wanted to test linking from my Steam library, also I've been playing a lot of Blades of Time and it has some neat environments that I wanted to share considering it's only sold about 5 copies worldwide.

06F1818B94CA6210B8FFEA2A8613060689DB6FF5
    81E9F930F43223C7EE8B49A453325DBB8B8E6096
    9581FC68B4AA98C3C44504BF8810ACCD80BA88D9
    C320B49C114085497389195EC2BC9F35450F7AE5

Pretty snow. Also worth noting; the main character starts off in an almost comically skimpy outfit at the beginning and eventually winds up in something that's nearly practical.

4448622AD46A2A7D5121B70D6696DD09CDF382E4

• Options
    Yar's Revenge, because I am an amazing sucker for floating massive industrial city dome things.

23096D394018D68E9465B22ACDC3CBADBC59BCCE

Also because they decided to throw in some nostalgia nods to us old people.

41752D2A2DB4CFCD31620CC74DA60F23B5D312C8

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I wanted to test linking from my Steam library, also I've been playing a lot of Blades of Time and it has some neat environments that I wanted to share considering it's only sold about 5 copies worldwide.

[snip]Prettiness[/snip]

Does it play more like Gods of War or Bayonetta? Doesn't look too bad, and it's got a Steam demo, so I might give it a whirl when I get home next week.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

[snip]Prettiness[/snip]

Does it play more like Gods of War or Bayonetta? Doesn't look too bad, and it's got a Steam demo, so I might give it a whirl when I get home next week.

It's X Blades 2. Same company, even same character as X Blades. A game which was merely passable as an action game.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

[snip]Prettiness[/snip]

Neither, really. It's more like a modern take on Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.

It's got issues, but it's pretty fun regardless.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's X Blades 2. Same company, even same character as X Blades. A game which was merely passable as an action game.

I thought it was pretty much a remake of X-Blades 1.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular

Holy shit.... did that bullet hit one guy, fragment, then destroy that other dude's face?

I saw it said "two for one" at the end.

• Options
    peterdevorepeterdevore Registered User regular
    For some reason all the steam cloud screenshots won't show up for me. Am I the only one?

• Options

[snip]Prettiness[/snip]

It doesn't have the crazy running-on-walls-while-cities-explode thing Bayonetta had going on, and it doesn't have the massive set pieces like a God of War. It's a pretty linear hack and slash with the hook being that your character gets the ability to rewind time, then relive events again going forward while a double replays what you did the first time. So for example, you can be shooting a boss, then rewind, then shoot the boss again while your copy from 30 seconds ago does the same, then rinse and repeat until there's 5 or 6 of you shooting at him and he's chasing echoes of you from the past instead of trying to kill the current you.

Downsides are, well, the main character likes to comment on every little thing she sees and in the most annoying way possible and the story is overly ambitious. It's a solid 6 or 7 out of 10 game, it isn't going to set the world on fire but it's fun.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I've never even heard of Blades of Time, but it does look pretty awesome.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Dangerbird wrote: »

Holy shit.... did that bullet hit one guy, fragment, then destroy that other dude's face?

I saw it said "two for one" at the end.

Yes, exactly.
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Anybody in here not sure if this game is the right one for you?

http://livestre.am/1W5qm

Jump to 58:30 and watch.

It was the most amazing thing.

• Options
    PunkBoyPunkBoy Thank you! And thank you again! Registered User regular
    Smuggler is the best in Old Republic
    xlK0e.jpg

Playing Max Payne 2 again in anticipation of 3, and man it still looks good after all these years
    D31PP.jpg

Steam ID:
    steam_sig.png
    The Linecutters Podcast: Your weekly dose of nerd! Tune in for the live broadcast every Wednesday at 7 PM EST, only at www.non-productive.com!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Another screenie of my guy picking a fight with a dragon in Skyrim! :)
    ?.jpg

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Not actually a copy of Dirtyboy's shot above.

?.jpg

Just may as well be. Same guy, standing in the same spot. Weird? Perhaps this demo is rigged to produce automatic nutshots! But does the full game live up to the promise of de-ballification by bullet? :rotate: I need the truth about these terrific target testicle tableaus!

Gaslight on
  • Options
    UselesswarriorUselesswarrior Registered User regular
    Annnnnd last bunch of Bioshock 2.

Wouldn't usually take this many but the style is so great. Fantastic game too, really should have played it earlier.

edit: spoiler for bunch of images.
    o1Agz.jpg

JadYk.jpg

2vqhY.jpg

SJI9x.jpg

wrKtO.jpg

kjMoo.jpg

QswZz.jpg

djxXP.jpg

kD76l.jpg

Something is really off about the shadows in Bioshock 2. They never look dark enough.

Reminds me of the Dark Engine (engine for Thief 1 and 2 as well as System Shock 2).

Hey I made a game, check it out @ http://ifallingrobot.com/. (Or don't, your call)
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Looking at those bioshock shots there aren't any shadows. Everything is ambient.

• Options
    jkruse05jkruse05 Registered User regular
    How about some Marathon at 1920x1080?
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    ?.jpg
    Bask in the unrivaled graphical glory!

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Those are actually surprisingly crisp textures. I've seen modern games that were more pixilated

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    Yeah the sprites don't look so hot but those walls have to be a mod right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jkruse05jkruse05 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The latest Aleph One version has an HD texture update build in. Environments only though. The A1 version of Marathon 2 actually has the XBLA textures built in.

jkruse05 on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    This water tastes funny.

fallout3201204262219435.png

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I like playing with the android mod, where delicious radiation makes life beautiful.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    I like playing with the android mod, where delicious radiation makes life beautiful.

fallout3201204261830565.png

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I thought it a pretty neat pose and only later noticed the arrow.

E3560AA4EACA50EDC64CAB309FFD5CB6B77FF014

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    So as I've mentioned before, my video card died a few months ago, and instead of replacing it I've just been playing old stuff. Lately, System Shock:

sshock000.png
    I don't feel very welcome here.

sshock001.png
    The decor in this office is very... damaged looking.

sshock002.png
    This is a giant x-ray machine that right now only serves to irradiate me.

sshock003.png
    Something tells me SHODAN is a few bits short of a byte.

sshock004.png
    I AM A COMPUTER HACKER

sshock005.png
    I'M HACKING THE GIBSON AND GLEAMING THE CYBERCUBE WHILE TRIPPING THE LIGHT FANTASTIC

sshock006.png
    The game is so tense that I typically forget to take screenshots. This is on a comparatively quiet part of the station where I remembered to snap a postcard photo for the folks back home.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    You know, I used to be a monster like you, but then I took an arrow to the face and, well... :D
    ?.jpg

Suddenly, a wild bear appears out of nowhere!
    ?.jpg

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HAY DAD HOW YOU DOING?

NKVZn.jpg?1

CHECK OUT MY NEW GUN DAD

7Pw0S.jpg?1

DAD WHRER YOU GOING?

nIrVi.jpg?1

SEE YOU LATER I GUESS

zBkMM.jpg?1:o

• Options
    Been playing the demo for Ridge Racer Unbounded, a game which seems to have gone largely unnoticed in these parts. It's an obvious console part, but on my system it looks and runs pretty damn well, and it seems like a pretty fun arcade racer even without the much-ballyhooed track editor.

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg

?.jpg
    ?.jpg

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Looks kinda like Split/Second, which is fantastic.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    Those are pretty shiny screens. :) Have I been under a rock, or is this the first time they've done a PC Ridge Racer? Always figured it was consoles only.

• Options
    It is the first PC Ridge Racer I am aware of.

Yes, Blur and Split/Second (though I've played the former but not the latter) are the games I would most liken it to.

• Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Arkham City! Everyone loves Batman, even if they don't realize it yet. I title this one "Mmmmpf in the Dark"
    65883DD7844C27E3C96E0FE3213719DC387FB94F
    Dat ascension.
    64291370C599C9EC407655839DA140E1D6466A8E
    Never forget to tie your shoes if you are a criminal in Gotham.
    B5146B1DE66266397B9DA067453A8A67081D4056
    See? Catwoman regularly checks her boots.
    6D229C32DC33D83B4269B4C83766372F857623FA
    No hay barrel? No problem!
    BEA5AC0EBC54B7B1653B3E71664BF60EE0CA5BC4
    A really, really bad day for Two Face.
    80375CE74539DFBD4241F53BD8C32CD533258784
    Well, this shot is just obligatory with anything Batman related. Really. It's not up to me.
    F814F9E4C31F8D5A730C8A1C64BCEF64C5D7BC2B

Darlan on
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Dammit Arkham City is pretty. I cannot wait til I get a new video card down the line. I'm saving New Game + for being able to turn up all the fancy effects.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Cross posting from the minecraft thread

So I got this world in Mystcraft, this is it fully loaded too, for the most part. Spawned on a 1x1 block.

?.jpg

This discussion has been closed.