Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Blake TBlake T Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Vow your second one was
    Spoiler:

I am shocked it made it past the censors.

Blake T on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Don't fuck with a witch Time to go VROOM!Registered User regular
    More spoilers
    Spoiler:

XbJml1e.jpg?1
    I feel like a fucking celebrity in this town! | PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Spoiler:

Yeah.

You missed the best line of the movie.

Compared to what happen seconds before, I'm actually ok with this.

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Don't fuck with a witch Time to go VROOM!Registered User regular
    Man

Couple this film with the awesome crowd we had and the trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, and the new Amazing Spider-Man 3D trailer

Best time I've had at the movies

XbJml1e.jpg?1
    I feel like a fucking celebrity in this town! | PSN: UnbreakableVow | Wii U: UnbreakableVow26
    Spoiler:

Yeah.

Honestly. I kinda don't really like that scene.
    Spoiler:

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Okay... This looks bad.Registered User regular
    This

was

so

good

zw3k8eu.gif
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Well, it's official; Dark Knight just got its ass kicked in front of all the cool kids.

2cf4m6f.gif
  • SabreMauSabreMau Still featuring glasses. Registered User regular
    Watched the first five minutes while making sure the digital playlist was properly assembled. But still putting off the rest of it due to the fact that it's 2 hours 41 minutes overall.

1yrxP.jpgmXcqC.jpgtYRm1.jpg
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    Spoiler:

Yeah.

Honestly. I kinda don't really like that scene.
    Spoiler:

Debbie Downer alert wee oo

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
    God I was not prepared for how fucking funny this movie was

Spoilers regarding one of my favorite one-liners, no plot:
    Spoiler:

zw3k8eu.gif
    Well, it's official; Dark Knight just got its ass kicked in front of all the cool kids.

What?

I mean this was a great movie but that's not official at all

XbJml1e.jpg?1
  • FishmanFishman I find your inability to differentiate between 'corruption' and 'feminism' disturbing Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    God I was not prepared for how fucking funny this movie was

Spoilers regarding one of my favorite one-liners, no plot:
    Spoiler:

I loved that bit. Especially the call back about 90 seconds later.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

What?

Well, not the official official, just the unofficial official.

Which is not quite as official, but still, it's pretty damn official.

2cf4m6f.gif
  • No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular

What?

Also did any of the cool kids point out the movies are pretty different thematically? And that violence never solves anything?

Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
    Really though, a true stealth office worker knows not to go straight back to it in case they turn around again.

Also...
    Spoiler:

2cf4m6f.gif

What?

Also did any of the cool kids point out the movies are pretty different thematically? And that violence never solves anything?

Yeah

It'd be nice to just say "The Dark Knight is still better" and leave it at that but it's pretty goddamn apples and oranges

Even though oranges walk all over the face of apples

XbJml1e.jpg?1
    edited May 2012
    Also...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

UnbreakableVow on
    XbJml1e.jpg?1
    edited May 2012
    Guys.

Guys, that was not a serious comment.

Don't do this.

Let's all bask in the warmth of Robert Downey Jr. for a little while longer.

Then we can have this argument.

Unless people want to have this argument now, which is totally ok - shut up RMED, okay, fine with me.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    2cf4m6f.gif
    Also...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

2cf4m6f.gif
    Well Dark Knight is flawed as a movie so...

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Post post credits
    Spoiler:

No Great Name on
    Xbox Live: OGSirToons PSN: NoGreatName Bnet Tag: SirToons#1214 NNID: SirToons
    Steam ID: SirToons 3DS: 3024-5277-3254 Twitch: SirToons check.php?c=sirtoons
    Also...
    Spoiler:

I've never had it, but after seeing this I really want to try it

zw3k8eu.gif
  • The Geebs That Got BigtimedThe Geebs That Got Bigtimed Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    This movie fucking ruled

I love Hulk

Pb6cUzZ.pngTeRnRlj.pnglBMZaaL.pnglm0oV4l.pngsw4UHsU.png
    Well Dark Knight is flawed as a movie so...

So was The Avengers! But that's okay!

And RDJ...yeah, he was great, but Ruffalo really stole the show here for me. There was a lot of FUCK YEAH moments for everyone involved, including Black Widow and Hawkeye (I now see why they're pretty useful). But I was just absolutely losing my shit at all the great Thor and Hulk moments.

XbJml1e.jpg?1
    Regarding the sort-of early scene in Germany
    Spoiler:

zw3k8eu.gif
  • -Tal-Tal I'm just not there Life's just not fairRegistered User regular
    guys, this movie was so good

NkJBk5.png
    Post post credits
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

2cf4m6f.gif
  • The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository SKREEEEEOOOONKKKKKK Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    Also...
    Spoiler:

I've never had it, but after seeing this I really want to try it

Now I just want to get a group of people together dressed as the Avengers for just this purpose.

We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds'.
    Regarding the sort-of early scene in Germany
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

2cf4m6f.gif
  • -Tal-Tal I'm just not there Life's just not fairRegistered User regular
    why couldn't Hulk's actual movie be as amazing as Hulk was here

NkJBk5.png
    Oh, before I forget...
    Spoiler:

2cf4m6f.gif
    I have never heard of
    Spoiler:

before this but now I'd really like to try it

It feels weird spoilering that

XbJml1e.jpg?1
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    just got back. had to watch it 3D, had to sit in the front edge seat, so I'm waiting for tonight's 2d viewing in a good seat to really digest it well

but
    Spoiler:

-Tal wrote: »
    why couldn't Hulk's actual movie be as amazing as Hulk was here

Because Ed Norton is not Mark Ruffalo.

2cf4m6f.gif
    I thought Cap's action scenes in this were a lot better than the ones in his own movie
    His moves looked way more natural

zw3k8eu.gif
    Oh, before I forget...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

XbJml1e.jpg?1
    Oh, before I forget...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

2cf4m6f.gif
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    Anyone else (dialogue spoiler)
    Spoiler:

But really, almost all the dialogue was gold. Didn't expect it to be this funny.
    Spoiler:

acnlfriendcodesig_zpsdca0a5dc.png
    You know I just had a thought about dark knight rises.
    Spoiler:

This discussion has been closed.