As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Metro 24/7 600% tickets, tanks gun only MEGA POINTS!!!

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I couldn't go back to Bad Company 2. First, I'm a PC player now and had BC2 on Xbox 360.

Second, I love that Assault and Medic are combined, and after giving it some time, most assaults are good about healing each other. And how great is it that you can zap dudes while your character goes "TAKE THIS YOU MOTHERFUCKER* ZAAAAAPPP. Right in your dying organs, bitch.

After picking this up after a hiatus, I noticed I never really change my weapons, so I tried FAMAS yesterday. I hate it.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    Once you get past the iron sights its pretty money....

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    FAMAS is only good at real close range since the big patch. They put an initial recoil on it that is much higher than before (just like the AEK) that makes it useless to even tap fire at long range. For my money the best all around assault rifle is going to be the G3. Bipod and heavy barrel for extreme long range, foregrip and heavy barrel for medium to close. The m16 is still great, all around, but loses out to the g3 past about 20 meters. The FAMAS has almost the same vertical recoil and MUCH more horizontal recoil than the G3. Oh and a lot more spread.

Last night I was RPK sniping on Ohman. I was sitting back about 250 meters away, bipod deployed, extended 200rd mag full, and just holding down the trigger. At that range it still put rounds on target quite well.

That_Guy on
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    In this edition of "Things I wish Origin did better:"

Having some sort of connection to BattleLog so I didn't have to alt-tab out of the game to get chat messages from you guys telling me to stop being a jerk and playing 64 player Metro.

• ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Metro 24/7 600% tickets, tanks gun only MEGA POINTS!!!

And guitar riffs all the time. RANK UP!

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    In this edition of "Things I wish Origin did better:"

Having some sort of connection to BattleLog so I didn't have to alt-tab out of the game to get chat messages from you guys telling me to stop being a jerk and playing 64 player Metro.

Call it the Shiashi tab.

u4OkoEI.png
    edited May 2012
    Do you guys think the Carl Gustav will support different types of rounds? The pic revealed seems to indicate that.

Illumination rounds for possible night maps in End Game would be really interesting.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Do you guys think the Carl Gustav will support different types of rounds? The pic revealed seems to indicate that.

Illumination rounds for possible night maps in End Game would be really interesting.

I'd be pretty ok with the Gustav being some sort of utility cannon. Giant smoke rounds, illumination rounds, etc.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure someone randomly posting a Carl Gustav lego figurine on Twitter is not a valid reason to assume it's going to be in BF3.

u4OkoEI.png
    I just sat down for some dinner. I will be on in about an hour if you guys want to get a game going.

• NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    I'm gonna eat a slice of pizza and then I am good to go.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
    Once the kid goes to bed me and sam adams will be playing some BF

Dinner is over. It's now time for BF3.

Join me in the mumbles.

• TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I will join in mumbles when I get something to eat. This may require a pizza slice run.

EDIT: Pizza run required. Be back in 15.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • BraincowBraincow Registered User regular
    I think Teenagehead took my dogtags about 5 times last night. I feel repeatedly violated.

Brainchow.png
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Braincow wrote: »
    I think Teenagehead took my dogtags about 5 times last night. I feel repeatedly violated.

I got Creasy's tags a week or so ago. It was excellent.
    Oh yeah, and one game a few of us were on opposing teams. I shot Dug down and had the attention of someone else and they got Tagged by One Other.
    I might need to get some tags when I get home from work (working on Saturday = poop).

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    Getting dogtags is a game within the game. Teenage has over 1000 knife kills(!).

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    one thing I never understood is why enemies have no footsteps or any sound at all.

I got knifed by him 6 times. He has so many dog tags he recycles them.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Jesus, he passed my knife count? I mean, only by about 40 or so, but damn.

Mechanical on
    Mechanical wrote: »

He was just short of 1100 last night I think. But I could be wrong.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular

Yeah, I was playing with him when he got to 1k (or shortly after), and that was a week or two ago.

• Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular

Sorry, guys. I just see a possible knife kill and I can't not try and get some tags. It's nothing personal, I very rarely know who it is before I knife them.

Current count according to Battlelog is now 1247 knife kills (not all of those took tags though). As I said last night, I have a problem.

XBL - TeenageHead
    Nothing's more satisfying than running behind a squad and knifing them one-by-one.

u4OkoEI.png

Sorry, guys. I just see a possible knife kill and I can't not try and get some tags. It's nothing personal, I very rarely know who it is before I knife them.

Current count according to Battlelog is now 1247 knife kills (not all of those took tags though). As I said last night, I have a problem.

Lordy lordy. Seeing TeenageHead [Knife] Random Dude on the kill tab is nothing new these days.

So...we're going to knife some dudes tonight right?
    Like, everyone get on the video game in an hour or so? I had to work today :( so I'll be home in about an hour and a half. And then...there will be tags.

• Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Y'all gonna play a bit? I gots to go to work in a couple hours.

Y'all gonna play a bit? I gots to go to work in a couple hours.

I told you, I'll be home in an hour. (If you're 360 and not PC...)

GOSH

He's PC master race :P

I'll be on, Phobos. Let me stop fondling my new rifle.

u4OkoEI.png

Jerk. Go back to Modern Warfare, why don'tcha! (I do not miss Ghost in the slightest)
    360 bros, if I have a buddy does BF3 let you split screen and play online? Or you can only do SS co-op/offline/something else.

Jerk. Go back to Modern Warfare, why don'tcha! (I do not miss Ghost in the slightest)
    360 bros, if I have a buddy does BF3 let you split screen and play online? Or you can only do SS co-op/offline/something else.

Don't think split screen is possible with this game.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Nothing's more satisfying than running behind a squad and knifing them one-by-one.

I find it more satisfying shooting a few of them first, then getting knife kills even after that because they simply don't notice.

Blendtec wrote: »

I find it more satisfying shooting a few of them first, then getting knife kills even after that because they simply don't notice.

I think my favorite is knifing two or three of the squad and then when the third/fourth guy turns around to see why his buddies are dead, you blast him in the teeth with an 870.

u4OkoEI.png
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »
    one thing I never understood is why enemies have no footsteps or any sound at all.

They do, everything else is usually too loud to hear them.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've been able to catch people sneaking up on me easily, but I do use a 7.1 surround headset and stuff.

Also, crouching pretty much renders your footsteps silent.

• onesixty2onesixty2 Registered User regular
    so I found my first Mass abuser in a ps3 game.

Holy fuck, is that broken. I can't imagine how awful it is on a server with 64 people who can actually communicate with one another exactly what guns are broken. Ironically, the only time I ran into this person was on a server that had in it's description "NO MASS OR BAN".

of course, he was mvp for the round..

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Also, crouching pretty much renders your footsteps silent.

Years of Counterstrike have taught me this is how you move in games unless you want to die.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »

They do, everything else is usually too loud to hear them.

It seems to be mixed though. I remember being in a building thinking "When someone comes in I'm going to hear them" and it was completely silent. A moment later I get killed.

Most of the times when I hear someone running behind me its from my own team.