As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A bracing morning swim: Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 1st Ed PbP

• IcerimpIcerimp Registered User regular
    At least we grabbed 4 from the thugs.

Ilumor will pay the 1 for the room. What's the thing look like? If there's a sailor inside, I say we run.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "I am so tired I don't even care." yawns Godric as he shuts the door, packs away his things, and hits the hay.

Edit: As the biggest person in our party, dibs on any beds or suitable sleeping type things.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Grasser touches a finger to his forehead, mutters 'Have a nice day.' and backs out the room.

There is a pervading air of dampness, but the cots with their straw mattresses seem dry, not too uncomfy and you note with some relief, numerous enough for all of you without needing to resort to sharing.

The door and windows shudder in the breeze and rattle their bolts, which are currently unfastened as the window is partially open for the 'fresh air'. The ceiling is probably the source of the damp smell so you don't fancy investigating too closely and the only furniture on the bare floorboards besides the beds is a crate upon which Grasser has left a stump of a candle burning in the neck of a beer bottle.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • SnowdownSnowdown Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Merrick shifts subtly as he's lain down on his straw mattress and mutters "Mmmph, sweetbreads and treacle", as he rolls over and pulls his cloak tighter about him. Still apparently delirious from the epic battle with the thugs of destruction and death.

(I'm still here, wanted you all to know I hadn't gone anywhere, Merrick just wanted to avoid paying money out.) ;)

Snowdown on
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Gavnog hops heavily onto a cot, apparently ignoring the furniture's protesting creaks. "Night night, lads. And elf." He says, and immediately begins to snore.

Ilumor's nose scrunches at the scent of the canal wafting in through the window. Since everyone else is conking out, he checks the lock on the door, before finding a spot in the corner to doze, clinging to his axe all the while. He already missed the forests of Bretonnia.

edited May 2012
    That's a good point. Is someone either covering Merrick or happy to to frisk him for his purse?

Setting up a consumables section in the OP as this kind of book keeping often falls apart a little in PbP games and this seems to be a system where counting the pennies is very much a thing. Let me know if you disagree with any of my calculations.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    Ilumor will pay for Merrick. I'm not sure why I didn't actually post about that, though.

Why didn't you just read my mind over the internet?

Over 24 hrs from last post seems fair for me to call that Kazrik is going to blow out the candle and fall asleep as well without taking any further action.

The group of travellers collapse on their various beds and quickly succumb to sleep's sweet oblivion. As they slumber away, so they think safely behind the locked door, a silent hand creeps through the open window and starts to ever slowly push it wider open.

And Ilumor was so close in specifying he locked the door! You thought the Warhammer world was done dumping on you on your first day? Think again buckos! Maybe update later tonight, might have to wait a bit longer. Depends on how long real world RPGing takes tonight. The tension!

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Why couldn't we have gone somewhere nice, like Norsca?

This was not in the brochure.

It's like one giant neverending kick in the nads.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Welcome to the Warhammer World.

Remember that the most popular board game in the setting is the gods duking it out over who gets to fuck it up first/most/best.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    #Secret rolls, secret rolls, secret rolls#

In the dead of the night, Gavnog is disturbed a hand in his breeches. He wakes with a start to see a hooded figure rushing towards the open window!

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Hollering unintelligibly (as he always does upon waking), the slayer makes to grab the vagabond.

He had, however, forgotten about his broken hand and got hold of nothing but air.

Grab that sonuva-: 1d100 vs WS 34 46

In an instant the intruder is out of the window and on to the roof. The Slayer's howl wakes everyone in the room.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    "What in Sigmar's balls?" Godric growls as he grabs his mace.

edited May 2012
    Ilumor sits up with a start, blurting out, "Wha?" He looks to the carrying on dwarf, wide eyed, and then to the figure slipping out of the window. Oh, right. He didn't close that. He staggers to his feet, trying not to trip over the others as they wake, and he pokes out the window, looking up to the roof to try to spot the intruder.

Good thing for night vision.

Icerimp on
    Not up, straight out. Being an attic room it's a dormer window so you can crawl out straight on to the sloping roof which the intruder is now running across.

Single round of action each, so Godric is gearing up and Ilumor has dashed to the window. However that took but a second and he can act further. Gavnog is yet to act for this round.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    "Never mind Sigmar's, no one touches Gavnog's balls and gets away with it!" In a flurry of curses and orange hair the dwarf clambers through the window and onto the sloping roof.

So yeah, hoof it after this guy. Any chance for a charge?

If Ilumor can act further..

Spotting the intruder fleeing, Ilumor crawls out onto the rooftop in pursuit, starting to chase.

You're not reaching him in a single round, he knows where he's going and has the 'flee' skill. Step one is clambering out on to the roof to try and keep up with him.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    I bet this guy hasn't even taken anything, Jam just wants one of us to fall off a roof.

"I'm not going to follow that bastard and fall to my death. Good luck!"

Having never actually bothered to disrobe before 'bed', Kazrik started awake, hand already going to his dagger. Seeing everyone else looking out of the now wide open window, he quickly figures out what happened and, seeing no point in breaking his neck chasing someone who might not have got anything anyway, stood and briefly took stock of his meagre possessions.

As has been suggested, losing footing on a greasy roof over a cesspit/river over a crown seems like a silly risk. Besides, I reckon the guy was just the neighbourhood slaanesh cultist out for a 'new experience' or two….

Merrick sighs at his torturous trip to the big city, in seek of adventure he thought, more like in seek of a good case of anal raping. He began rummaging through his things to find what the thief had taken, if anything.

Merrick's belongings all seem intact. Kazrik's money pouch however is conspicuous by its absence...

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Chancing a quick glance over his shoulder, the hooded figure sees he is pursued. You hear a muffled curse through his face mask and he makes a running leap onto an adjacent rooftop, moving parallel to the canal.

Very small alley, 2ft gap over solid street below. With a run up, leaping distance is double move - d6 so with a move of 4 you can't fail.

There seem to be plenty of roofs around that are sufficiently gentle a slope to not impede movement. Judging by the speed that your man is making across them then at least the route he is taking is pretty stable.

Next round

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Squat legs pounding the rooftiles, Gavnog clears the gap with ease. "Come on elf, we'll get 'im yet!"

edited May 2012
    "I can't believe I'm doing this," Ilumor complains loudly as he nonetheless jumps the roof as well in pursuit. "Just give it all back! We'll let you go!" he calls out to the thief.

Icerimp on
    "So... Merrick, are we supposed to follow them?" Godric asks as he finishes looking through his own gear. He starts waving around his mace to stretch after waking up so suddenly.

"The bugger's got my purse, so yes!" proclaimed Kazrik, before it ting actions to words and scrambling out ofthe window to join th merry pursuit.

Godric's purse is also where he left it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    And I'm sure he would have noticed while gearing up so he still has action this round.

Similarly assume that Kazrik and Merrick will have equipped their stuff whilst checking for purses.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    How big is that window? My dude is big.

Big enough with a squeeze. Probably not elegant.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Hm, who's up?

Merrick's done nothing. Also it's been a bank holiday here so I forgot the weekend was over. Update tomorrow.

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Merrick sighs as Godric asks if they should follow. "Well, I guess I do owe you guys for saving my life and all." With that he nimbly hops out of the window, trying not to re-open the wounds that still cover his body.

(am I at 1 wound? or have I regained any with rest?)

Nothing healed yet. In fact nothing will heal until you see a doctor.

MhCw7nZ.gif