As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help figuring out genres (a.k.a help me find more good music)

LankyseanLankysean Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So lately I've been in a bit of a musical rut, same old bands but just new songs kinda deal. So I've been trying to find some new and different music. 1: This first genre that caught my ear years ago is sort of like a rap style but with more of a musical factor to it than traditional rap... The best good artist I can name is Deltron on his CD 3030... that has to be one of my favorite albums of all time, not just the lyrics but the music itself is amazing. here is a link or Captain dan and the scurry crew who are also pretty good but don't tell the same epic stories like Deltron. 2: The second genre was more of a classic swingers music from what I believe to be the 1950's-60's. I found this type of music in video games of all places, Bioshock and Fallout 3. Songs I particularly like are Somewhere beyond the sea. 3: the third and final genre is kinda like a soft techno and acoustic thing, best examples I can think of are The Staunton Lick and Music for a Found Harmonium by Patrick Street.

While I'm here I may as well ask about a particular song that I can't figure out to save my life and may not even be real. It was some kinda rap or hiphop song that a lot of movies used when the characters in it obtain a lot of money all of a sudden and then behave like "gangsta's" and I believe it went something like: "What do you do when you get that money, nananananana" in the tune of "121212343434 12121212343434" or maybe more of a 2/4 thing like a waltz.

And actually, any new music would be appreciated but keep in mind I prefer the types of songs that tell stories instead of modern dance music.

Lankysean on