As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread 3 - Rise of the Classy Crabs

• Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    I am in need of three suckers fine and classy gents who play games during the am est. Or that is, to say, generally around now, as I'm getting out of work soon and this is when I play.

14:33 - Isorn: I see people buying that dino beatdown game
    14:33 - Isorn: heard it was very broken though

Apparently this was code for getting this gifted heh. Thanks choco.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'm glad to inform the gentlemen in this classy thread that I managed to remove one game from my backlog! I just finished Ys: Oath In Fehghana! On normal, there is no way I'm playing it on a harder more, I think.

Now maybe I can try playing Bastion.

Edit.- Weird, my sig says "Account is not public", I am quite sure I haven't changed any settings, and I see a couple of other sigs with the same problem, is there something wrong?

Edit 2.- Oh! Now it's back to normal!

Yeah, that happens every now and then. It's no big deal.

It seems like it's been happening a lot more lately, though.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    Having fun with Port Royale 3.
    But it is exactly the same game as Patrician 4. Exactly.
    They changed the graphics and the map, but otherwise..

I was hoping they'd add a few mechanics or something, but..

• Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    Shens wrote: »
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with the Lords of the Realm games? They're on sale on GOG and I'm debating

Lords of the Realm II was fantastic for its time.

Lords of the Realm III was an entirely different game and I personally thought it was horrible.

Hmm. I may pick up the earlier ones then and not III

fss_overall.png
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I'm glad to inform the gentlemen in this classy thread that I managed to remove one game from my backlog! I just finished Ys: Oath In Fehghana! On normal, there is no way I'm playing it on a harder more, I think.

Edit.- Weird, my sig says "Account is not public", I am quite sure I haven't changed any settings, and I see a couple of other sigs with the same problem, is there something wrong?

If Steam community is having problems, you get that in your sig due to the fact that it can't read your profile.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Shens wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with the Lords of the Realm games? They're on sale on GOG and I'm debating

Lords of the Realm II was fantastic for its time.

Lords of the Realm III was an entirely different game and I personally thought it was horrible.

Hmm. I may pick up the earlier ones then and not III

I think most people consider LotR3 the best one, though. There was some discussion on it in the GoG thread.

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    tried to get into group, added person on steam that i needed to.

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »

If Steam community is having problems, you get that in your sig due to the fact that it can't read your profile.

Would have been nice if someone could have contacted me about this. I'll see if I can put a way to avoid that in the sigs.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Well @Partizanka decided to gift me Lords of the Realm and Lords of Magic! Thank you!

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    tried to get into group, added person on steam that i needed to.

We gladly welcome you to visit the chat and be an active member of the community, but being a group member for Steam tends to require a bit longer tenure. We certainly don't want to exclude you but maybe in another month.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    It's also not necessary to add anyone in order to be invited.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Anyone have the slightest idea of what this Orion thing is?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Starting to see why people hate GFWL. Only real exposure I had with was Age of Empires Online. Most of the other stuff that used it didn't run well for me. Now that they do, I have spent the last 20 or so minutes in DOWII while it applies an update. Fun. Honestly not sure it's actually applying it and just getting hung up on something by how long it takes. Killed it once, restarted...same thing.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Starting to see why people hate GFWL. Only real exposure I had with was Age of Empires Online. Most of the other stuff that used it didn't run well for me. Now that they do, I have spent the last 20 or so minutes in DOWII while it applies an update. Fun. Honestly not sure it's actually applying it and just getting hung up on something by how long it takes. Killed it once, restarted...same thing.

One of us, one of us, one of us. :(

iirc, disabling windows firewall helped when I was getting bioshock 2 set up.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    It's also not necessary to add anyone in order to be invited.

Oh, i asked a few pages back and mentioned the OP and someone just told me to add them.

• Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular

When DoW2 was released, GFWL wouldn't let me play it online for about a month, due to some bug. They fixed it eventually, but I wasn't happy.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    the daily is Chime for $1.25
    you should probably buy it if you don't have it.
    I'll probably buy it even though I already have it on the 360

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Registered User regular
    So, for those of you that have Toy Soldiers, how does it run? My laptop meets all the minimum (and recommended) specs except for the graphics card part--mine only has 256mb of memory, and the specs say 1-2gb.

Also how bad is the gwfl component? Sounds icky.

Senjutsu wrote: »
    when I was younger I had a drinking problem

now I just have drinking solutions
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/weeman3
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Chime is very much worth a buck and a quarter.

It would absolutely be my favorite music game if it had more songs to play with.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    It would absolutely be my favorite music game if it had more songs to play with.
    It's a pity that the deluxe version never came to PC.

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular

good to see a recommendation straight away, i came to ask if it's worth playing. any chance you could give a bit more of an explanation as to why it's good? I know it's only £1 but I still have Sequence to play and I've barely touched Audiosurf since buying it years ago

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »

good to see a recommendation straight away, i came to ask if it's worth playing. any chance you could give a bit more of an explanation as to why it's good? I know it's only £1 but I still have Sequence to play and I've barely touched Audiosurf since buying it years ago

I fired up Chime a week or so ago after not playing it since I first got it and kind of got hooked for a day or two. You make combos by tetris filling your pieces into the area(s) they give you to fill. You get points based on how well you do this, etc. The music is what makes the game though, and I enjoyed the limited songs they had. I must admit, I really enjoyed the Portal song the most I think, even though I am not good enough at the game to create the Companion Cubes :(

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    For those who are not Steam friends with me for some ridiculous reason, here is my Chime recommendation straight from Steam:
    One day I hit my head on a low doorframe and/or ingested lots of drugs and I had an idea for a game that was basically Tetris crossed with music crossed with Lumines. Actually, it was more than an idea. It was a vision, a divine vision that affected a heavenly euphoria in the manifestation that entered my mind. The singular power of so beautiful a portent impressed me into the service of such a wondrous outcome, and I spent the next two years building a pyramid of pure white limestone to house what would eventually be the greatness of this game I had envisioned.

At some point the developers of Chime must have talked with my dealer and smoked the same stuff because I was like, 15% done with the pyramid when this game came out. I was pretty pissed, but then I played the game and realized that it was quite fun, then I got pissed again when I realized that there weren't enough songs.

Also I think they narced on my dealer.

Still: a fun game. 11 out of 13 peyote-fueled spirit quests.

• Options
    ironsizideironsizide You must whip it Registered User regular
    TychoCelchuuu write the best Steam reviews.

|_
    Oo\ Ironsizide
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    That dinosaur game looks amazing, I didn't think I could afford anymore games this month but I think I can justify it if I review it.. maybe?

Also, while I'm in a crazy games buying mood, anyone know if there's any good deals on Anno 2070 at the moment? been waiting forever for that to get cheap.

• Options
    Waldo wrote: »
    So, for those of you that have Toy Soldiers, how does it run? My laptop meets all the minimum (and recommended) specs except for the graphics card part--mine only has 256mb of memory, and the specs say 1-2gb.

Also how bad is the gwfl component? Sounds icky.

The Steam forums for the game and the devs website are pretty overrun with people complaining about performance. Too bad there's no demo.

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I MANAGED TO TAKE OFF IN A-10C WARTHOG!

Course I immediately managed to turn off the engines and fall from the sky like an embarrassed ball of fire but progress, friends, progress

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Stregone wrote: »
    signature.png

From the latest indieroyale bundle, I already had it.

Man, I was about to feel bad that you wasted $10 on that thing, but I suppose it's all good now.

In case anyone might ever actually be tempted to get this, DON'T. It's basically just incredibly shallow twitch evasion through an environment that is far less interesting than the developers seem to think it would be. After 10 minutes or so of playing, I never want to touch it again.

jothki on
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Stregone wrote: »
    signature.png

From the latest indieroyale bundle, I already had it.

Man, I was about to feel bad that you wasted $10 on that thing, but I suppose it's all good now.

In case anyone might ever actually be tempted to get this, DON'T. It's basically just incredibly shallow twitch evasion through an environment that is far less interesting than the developers seem to think it would be. After 10 minutes or so of playing, I never want to touch it again.

To counter this, I really enjoy Brainpipe. It's basically computerized DMT, with some really nice sound, and is relaxing to play, I'm really enjoying my time with it. This may be because I bought it for 3 dollars in the Indie Bundle, but I think it's a solid trippy game.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    XSEED just announced on twitter that they're shooting for a Steam release of Ys Origin this month! I'm looking forward to that.
    Widescreen will be in at launch along with over 40 achievements and hundreds (!) of leaderboards.

edit: Also, some in-game footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JLv-dGHCGA

SteevL on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Who is Communist Vampire Economics on Steam? Because they are my superhero for granting me the gift of BATMAN! I am gonna dark knight ALL OVER THAT CITY. So much class! *HUGS*

• Options
    edited May 2012
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Who is Communist Vampire Economics on Steam? Because they are my superhero for granting me the gift of BATMAN! I am gonna dark knight ALL OVER THAT CITY. So much class! *HUGS*
    CVE is I needed a name to post

Since this is the general PC gaming thread sort of I figured I'd point out for those who don't notice sticky posts that Tube is livestreaming his mandated Hitman 2 playthrough again and it's hilarious as usual.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    CVE is I needed a name to post

Since this is the general PC gaming thread sort of I figured I'd point out for those who don't notice sticky posts that Tube is livestreaming his mandated Hitman 2 playthrough again and it's hilarious as usual.

Hopefully some of it will br recorded for posterity this time. My bloody schedule is keeping me away again!

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Amazon is apparently really moving forward to having more of their games have Steam Keys whether they're Steamworks or not according to the CAG thread. Like if it has a Steam version at all they're apparently going after Steam keys if at all possible (example, one of the upcoming sales is Divinity 2 for 6 bucks, and they're trying to get Steam keys for it). Will be pretty nice since they're supposed to be having some good sales this month.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    Amazon is apparently really moving forward to having more of their games have Steam Keys whether they're Steamworks or not according to the CAG thread. Like if it has a Steam version at all they're apparently going after Steam keys if at all possible (example, one of the upcoming sales is Divinity 2 for 6 bucks, and they're trying to get Steam keys for it). Will be pretty nice since they're supposed to be having some good sales this month.
    Is this going to be retroactive; I got Dead Space 2 from there, but it's not Steamworks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Al Baron wrote: »
    Is this going to be retroactive; I got Dead Space 2 from there, but it's not Steamworks.

there's no way they're gonna get steam keys for ea titles

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    I need a steamkey for my red faction guerilla I bought from Amazon. C'mon baby, no whammies!

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    I finally finished Borderlands. That was pretty cool - thanks and menaces to @Iolo for getting me going on it again. I did the Dr. ned DLC, but not Knoxx, Claptrap or Moxxie, because I was feeling a bit burned out. I'll go back in a few months and finish them up I think.

In the meantime, Star Trek Online (I blame...I think, @Docshifty for that one?) and Jade Empire.

Going to try and get my Dino Beatdown on - it CTD'd on initial load. Is that just me?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Al Baron wrote: »
    No, in a future type thing. Like how a few months ago Amazon randomly started selling only Steam keys of Borderlands. Not likely to sway a company like EA either way.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    I finally finished Borderlands. That was pretty cool - thanks and menaces to @Iolo for getting me going on it again. I did the Dr. ned DLC, but not Knoxx, Claptrap or Moxxie, because I was feeling a bit burned out. I'll go back in a few months and finish them up I think.

In the meantime, Star Trek Online (I blame...I think, @Docshifty for that one?) and Jade Empire.

Going to try and get my Dino Beatdown on - it CTD'd on initial load. Is that just me?

I know nothing about Star Trek and I'm not really interested in learning about it. Would I still enjoy STO? I see a lot of people playing it.

Steam: offday
This discussion has been closed.