As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Glossolalia] Resonance Memorial Thread

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I finished Bastion

and it is now past 4am

funny, that

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Haha :D

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    Dubh wrote: »
    I finished Bastion

and it is now past 4am

funny, that

What did you think?

Also, which ending did you pick?

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    DE?AD wrote: »
    [Yasteb (+48ish)]
    [Haze Group] [49%/60%] Speed clambers up onto the tread, using the bolts as handholds, and continues on up the side of the ship.

As he slings himself up onto the rough, slanted surface of the deck, however, a noise draws his attention
    - A pair of creatures hunch over a fresh kill just below the mainmast. Blood dripping down beaks filled with sharp teeth, black feathers over a Tan underbelly, talons extending from large paws.

One of them looks up from its meal and lets out a low, warbling growl. The other raises its head and flaps its wings menacingly, letting out a single loud noise somewhere between a squawk and a bark.

"Everything okay up there, crazyman?" Jtlkrek calls from the rocks below.

[Werne] [L Yasteb] A: [Christina] [M] [Speed] [Danny] [Dominic]
    3 1 5 2 13 0 1 0
    [Hunter] [Old Fashioned] [Horseback Rider] [Wight]
    I:Axe, Leather Jerkin, Antlered Mask, Horn, Straight Jacket

Hearing the noise Werne's hand launches immediately out, to cover Jtlkrek as he steps backwards, forcing their backs against the rusted hull of the ship. Without hesitation his other hand pulls out the weather-beaten, yet formidable axe by his side.

"Interlopers, Master Acer!" He calls out, skeletal fingers clenching righter around his weapon. "Name them: Friend or foe, or force we cannot identify? My ears are old, and the landscapes are new, these are not sounds I have heard before."

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    [Speed Acer] [λ Yasteb] A: [Jtlkrek] [] []
    25/25 0/15 0/4 0/0 4/4 0/0 0/0 2/2 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Stunt Pilot] [Smooth-Talker] [Headstrong] [Velocivoodoo]
    I: [Mach 0]

Locker: [Racing Suit], [Carbosilicate Arm]]

Speed cautiously raises his hands.

"They're some... wild animals. Some kinda bird-things. Doubt they're friendly but maybe we can just kind of... scare 'em off."

Speed claps his hands together, accelerating the two beasts into each other head first. Hopefully they'll either run off or start fighting one another.

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    [Werne] [L Yasteb] A: [Christina] [M] [Speed] [Danny] [Dominic]
    3 1 5 2 13 0 1 0
    [Hunter] [Old Fashioned] [Horseback Rider] [Wight]
    I:Axe, Leather Jerkin, Antlered Mask, Horn, Straight Jacket

Lowering the arm covering Jtlkrek, Werne cautiously raises his horn to what remains of his lips.

"A scare, you say? Perhaps a notorious note such as this may prove worthy," the wight says, before taking a deep breath and blowing as loudly as possible into the ancient relic.

An old hunting call of yore is let loose, a gunshot of a tone reckoning from the antique instrument.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    [Dean Barrow] [Fregdup ] Ψ: [Yen] [] []
    10/25 5/15 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 3/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Gunman][Strong-Willed][Independent][Cyborg]
    i: Markers, Weaponized Cyberarm, HEXcom,

Dean tosses a few more markers around the cave. "Lets see what all the fuss is about." Dean grabs his cyber-arm, activating it halfway so only the barrel is sticking out of his palm. "Shall we?"

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    hey here's a question for people that know a little something about manipulating images

is there any way I can copy multiple layers at once? like copy items on three different layers, and then go over to a different image and paste it and it will past three new layers?

i'm working on a Thing that would go a lot quicker if that were possible

i'm using GIMP

• Options
    Ken Tangaro 0 [STR] [SPI] / The Ken Krusher (B) [STR] [TUF]

"Like hell they will! These lies and falsehoods end now! If need be I will see to it personally."

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    hey here's a question for people that know a little something about manipulating images

is there any way I can copy multiple layers at once? like copy items on three different layers, and then go over to a different image and paste it and it will past three new layers?

i'm working on a Thing that would go a lot quicker if that were possible

i'm using GIMP

pretty sure you need a plugin for that

• Options
    where would i get such a thing

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    huh, I guess I completely skimmed that senate thing, didn't know what to make of it.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    [Daliah] [Δ Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 6/10 2/19 7/11 0/0 0/0 1/10 3/16 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Circus Acrobat][Elegant] [Catlike Reflexes] [Illusion Magic]
    i: Wooden Staff, Circus Silks, Domino Mask, [Desert Hood]

Daliah gives Zee a blank stare. "You have heard my assistant. Continue your operations. I want a full report of all current projects on his desk by the end of today. Paychecks," turning to the thugs, she rubs her thumb and forefinger together, "will continue as scheduled, yes?"

Bastion ending
    Picked Zulf's up ass off the ground and hauled him back. Stupid bed making me sympathetic toward him. Besides, I was not a fan of that ram pillar. Then the old man started making all these assumptions about the ass I was going to kick. Screw you, old man, youth culture forever!

Oh, and went sailing with the Bastion. Let the world live with the calamity, otherwise people are never going to learn.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    [Daliah] [Δ Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 6/10 2/19 7/11 0/0 0/0 1/10 3/16 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Circus Acrobat][Elegant] [Catlike Reflexes] [Illusion Magic]
    i: Wooden Staff, Circus Silks, Domino Mask, [Desert Hood]

Daliah gives Zee a blank stare. "You have heard my assistant. Continue your operations. I want a full report of all current projects on his desk by the end of today. Paychecks," turning to the thugs, she rubs her thumb and forefinger together, "will continue as scheduled, yes?"

Bastion ending
    Picked Zulf's up ass off the ground and hauled him back. Stupid bed making me sympathetic toward him. Besides, I was not a fan of that ram pillar. Then the old man started making all these assumptions about the ass I was going to kick. Screw you, old man, youth culture forever!

Oh, and went sailing with the Bastion. Let the world live with the calamity, otherwise people are never going to learn.
    High five.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [Derelict]

Brickley pours himself a drink. "I suppose ten years a'seclusion will make your reputation fade a bit.

"That little ghost town on the shore used to be our base of operations. It was secluded and far north, but we wanted somethin' safer. So when Tiny here wandered into town, we had ourselves an idea of makin' a duneship big enough to serve as a base. Sargossa. Took some five years of constant labor to put the thing together, but it turned out t'be worth it. The Nation found it and attacked twenty years ago, and they haven't been able to find it again since." His sunken eyes shift from one of you to the other.

"And I ain't about to let that change. There might be some bad blood betwen me and that bastard but I'm not about to sell out my country to a bunch of southern lowlifes."

[Jessie Crais]

"While I'd be lying if I said getting revenge for what the Pirate King did to my country didn't play some part in this, he's not just a danger to the Nation. He's allied himself with a man who calls himself The Prophet. The king seems to think this alliance will help him become the ruler of the entire world. What he doesn't seem to realize is that The Prophet is just using him. The Lockjaw collect 'cursed' individuals and send them off to The Prophet. The Prophet then gives these Cursed supernatural abilities and forces them into his service. The Pirate King is building the Prophet's army for him. And for every day this stupid war drags on, there are less good soldiers to fight against The Prophet when he inevitably starts his bid for conquest. The Pirate King's ambitions are going to destroy the Lockjaw as assuredly as they're going to destroy the Nation."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    fun little endgame tidbit
    I brought the random hammer for the last mission, and Rucks mentioned how I at least had my old friend with me

<3 you, Cael

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    fun little endgame tidbit
    I brought the random hammer for the last mission, and Rucks mentioned how I at least had my old friend with me

<3 you, Cael
    The game is full of those little details. It's great.

Lots of cool stuff on a new game place that imply stuff about the other ending.

• Options
    I might just up the difficulty the next time through

like activating all the God statues or something

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    I might just up the difficulty the next time through

like activating all the God statues or something
    I tried that once.

Prepare for pain.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    [RSNC]

Gin grabs the box, but it doesn't do anything. It's just a box. Sokudo's still holding the "key." [76/80] He does, however, easily set up a time-dilation bubble. If nothing else, it should give them more time to figure out how to deal with the anomaly before it destroys their ship.

[62/10 + 20 Focus] Sokudo reaches out to the anomaly, trying to control it, but it's simply too complex. Too massive. It's like strumming a guitar for the first time. He knows what it can do and the basic methods he needs to employ, but he doesn't know the details. Where does he place his hands on the neck to make the chords he wants to make?

[61/1] [35/50] Resonance is actually fairly simple in terms of its mechanical execution. The implants simply send much more information than they normally do. So all Yan needs to do to lighten Sokudo's load is perform precision space-warps to interrupt the signals being sent to Sokudo's brain and transfer them to her own. Which she does. The interesting side-effect of this is that she's now getting information meant for Sokudo.

[Yan's Major Trait is now [Dancing Hummingbird (Space)(Sound)]]

And even though she's not in full-fledged Resonance, siphoning a little off of Sokudo is all Sophia apparently needs to join the conversation again.

Your friend seems to be forgetting that Lynyrd Skynyrd wasn't a single person. It was a band. Someone should probably remind him.

She sounds like she's enjoying this turn of events far too much.

Operation: Macross 7

START

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    yan and sokudo are gonna fusion dance

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Got my hair cut

Want to cry

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I'm so sorry Rachel. This probably gonna be a real hard summer for you. :(

• Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    ahh what why? is it more or less girly now?

• Options
    Less girly. Androgynous at best. My dad made me get it cut. He says it's for work but I see tons of dudes working with long hair these days. Because I live at his house I can't fight it.

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Less girly. Androgynous at best. My dad made me get it cut. He says it's for work but I see tons of dudes working with long hair these days. Because I live at his house I can't fight it.

:(

• Options
    Man, these new emoticons seem really passive-aggressive.

• Options
    that's awful :( did you try to get backup from your mom or anything? what's the job?

• Options
    No backup from mom

She literally said deal with it

Hopefully going back to the library but it isn't a guarantee

• Options
    you're 18
    he has no right to make you do anything

and he sounds like a right twat, right now

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I bet you can make it work, girl. Short hair is coming into style in a big way!

You need to start weighing your options about staying and getting college support or bailing and getting income.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    I can't go back to college and I'm too fucking terrified to leave

I don't know what to do but I know I'm losing it

• Options
    between you and valve

we might need a forum adoption agency

run it by Bogey, or Larlar

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Whippy's offered me a place but without education I'm too scared to go anywhere and for all my dads faults my parents have been helping me out with college

I'm just frightened and I feel trapped and I'm too scared to leave

• Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    just get the fuck out of there

best possible advice I can give

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    take whippy up on that

you need to bit the bullet on this one

the first moveout is always scary as shit

but you know you need to

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    where would i get such a thing

One I've got is a script-fu called "Multi-Layer-Cut-Copy-Paste" from yonder.

It's a bit fiddly to work with, but it does what it says on the tin. Good for making sprites.

• Options
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Whippy's offered me a place but without education I'm too scared to go anywhere and for all my dads faults my parents have been helping me out with college

I'm just frightened and I feel trapped and I'm too scared to leave

the college won't even let you back in until next year rachel! can you really put up with them for that long?

melissa and connor know what's up, you gotta get out of there.

• Options
    I can fill out papers to get readmitted and even if I dont go back to this school it'll be easier to go to a community college

But I do need to work this summer

This discussion has been closed.