As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] We just want to unleash some Butchers!

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    Wha? The new Gun Mage models are sexy as hell.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I was working off of my memories of the old ones.

Yeah they old ones were terrible. The new ones are great.

• jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Epicest Nemo. Kinda wish they'd start making epics out of our other stuff, though, like Siege...

I feel like there has to be a bit of narrative growth for an epic character though, so I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if they picked siege. The guy exists to blow big walls up; big walls have been blown up.

I guess they'd just find bigger stuff that could be blown up. I'm hoping for ThreeCaine/resolution on Vinter's bastard (though that will probably take like 25 years)

• General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    Dino-czar wrote: »
    Okay, I'm just going to ask: Is anyone here Quindraco from the Privateer main boards?

If so, you should know that I don't think your friends actually like you.

If no, am I right in thinking that no one actually likes that guy?
    Wicked late but this.

• OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Epic Darius: He's piloting a Colossal. You just buy the upgrade kit and slap it on a Cygnar Colossal.

makosig.jpg
  • Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Epic Darius: He's piloting a Colossal. You just buy the upgrade kit and slap it on a Cygnar Colossal.

Super Privateer marketting plan! Epic Darius and Karchev require buying a second colossal!

Note: I would actually do that.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Super Privateer marketting plan! Epic Darius and Karchev require buying a second colossal!

Note: I would actually do that.

Same.

...Well, not Karchev, since Khador is butts. But I'd totally go back to maining Cygnar if eDarius happened.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Dino-czarDino-czar 2 cool 2 be 4gottenRegistered User regular
    So, with a bit of prize money and a bit of 'regular shopper' discount I got stupid last night and ended up with this:

Zerkova
    pIrusk
    Old Witch
    Spriggan
    10 man Kayazy box
    -UA
    Widow Makers
    Marksman
    Valichev

I don't even have a Strakov in there! Or a guncarrage! How and why did I end up with this pile?

Anyway, what else should I add to my rainy day project now that I am totally a Khador player? I think Croe's at least, so I can double dip in some 4star. All suggestions will be considered other than winter guard. I'm not going to be yet another deathstar guy.

• TheConstantWayTheConstantWay Registered User regular
    Nyss + Valachev are terrifying.

Should probably get the war dog. And some beatstick solos. Or something.

I dunno, man. Anyone ever tried Croe's with Valachev under pIrusk? How is his feat not amazing with them in-faction.

somethingsomething they're not Nyss somethingsomething

I've always thought IFP+UA were pretty rad

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Maybe Behemoth? He would work well with Old Witch and pIrusk, and probably Zerkova and Strakov would be decent.

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Cygnar plastic Hamventurion kit is up, finally.
    31074_AvengerPlasticWEB.jpg

31074_CenturionPlasticWEB.jpg

31074_HammersmithPlasticWEB.jpg

Nechriah on
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Oh wow. The Centurion's spear manages to not look stumpy and derpy for once.

makosig.jpg
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    Yea, those all actually look pretty good. I didn't really like cygnar jacks before.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I really like the centurion and the Avenger. I'm going to probably end up getting one of each. The hammersmith is cool, but I like the old model just fine, and I like that my "unstoppable force" jack has the extra weight of pewter.

I can't wait to get an avenger into my lists either. I've been looking forward to it more than anything else out of wrath.

kaorti on
    Yeah, now that the Avenger and the Minuteman are finally out, Cygnar can enjoy the best of what Wrath gave them.

Wait...people think the Avenger is good?

edited May 2012
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Wait...people think the Avenger is good?

With auto-knockdown, in a faction that can increase range and has multiple ways of increasing Rat? And an AOE attack? And a very high P+S attack for melee with a decent (edit: not even crit, just standard) side effect? Um, yeah.

tzeentchling on
    Maybe it's just my own biases coming through (I pretty much only play ECaine and EStryker now in 35 point games) but it just doesn't seem better than a Defender. The auto-knockdown is only on a direct hit, and the Avenger is RAT 4, RNG 10, SPD 4. I guess you could build some sort of rube goldberg machine out of a trencher master gunner and rangers, but that system just doesn't seem worth 16 points. The blade's side effect is worse than the shock hammer's, too. It does do a bit more damage, but at MAT 6 instead of 7 it's a wash.

I'm probably only going to have one ranged heavy jack, and what the Avenger provides is more easily found in the rest of Cygnar than what the Defender provides.

• TheConstantWayTheConstantWay Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I feel dirty.

Disclaimer: team game brokenness ahead.

Had to squeeze in two team games (ugh), so we're trying to get them knocked out fairly quickly, hence the pop and drop. It turns out that if you pair pKreoss with another shooty caster, things get stupid reaaaal quick. Especially at 15 points each. Yeah, you already know, but I'm gonna tell you anyway.

First game, pKreoss & Kara Sloan vs. Grim Angus & eVlad. A little grindy, but it was a game. And a slag troll rolled up 35 damage on my Defender's Warded Reckoner. Yeah, that was a 6, 6, 6, 5 (boosted, erosion). Ow. Still, got the win.

Second game, swapped teams, pKreoss & Grim vs. Sloan and eSorsha. Uhh... Grim's feat and Far Strike on my reckoner meant Kara died turn two and they couldn't retaliate beyond a few bullets, and Kreoss's feat on turn three meant really, they're not retaliating, and oh hey, let's end the game with a redeemer rocket. There was absolutely nothing they could've done to survive that combo. It was disgusting. The only redeeming (get it? ha!) factor was that people didn't have to suffer through a stupidly long team game.

But yeah. Turns out popping and dropping two turns in a row with an addtional 4" threat is preeeeetty sweet.

TheConstantWay on
    The Avenger fixes several issues Cygnar has.

First: Its a 4" aoe with decent power. That's a great thing to have available considering how common Nyss and Kayazy are.
    Second: It's a way to knock things down at range. Quake hammers are good, but they require us to commit a heavy jack to melee. This gun lets us use knockdown as a way of controlling the advance of heavily armored infantry or to force the enemy to spend focus/fury shaking knockdown. This is especially nice against brick lists, which cygnar has trouble dealing with.
    Third: Cygnar has, bar none, the easiest time boosting RAT. Rangers are a common list element already, and the trencher master gunner is only 2 points. Deadeye is on a bunch of our casters.
    Fourth: We've got the gun mage UA. +4" range and a free boost to hit make the knockdown reliable.
    Fifth: Knockdown lets our other great ranged options get line of sight through screening models.
    Sixth: It carries a weapon capable of cracking heavies that close with it, which has a decent continuous effect attached.

Consider putting one in an eCaine list, marshalled to gun mages. You're bringing rangers anyway. Get rangers into position, shoot the screening models while aiming, boost to hit. You hit DEF 18 on average, and knock down everything in a 4" aoe. Caine has line of sight to their caster now. You win.

Or bond it to eHaley. She solves it's accuracy and speed issues.

Or run it in Sloan's battlegroup. +2" range, and she needs help with line of sight much more than eCaine does. Her feat makes it accurate, and it provides a good melee heavy for when the enemy gets to her army. Sloan likes rangers too.

Make ride-by aoe shots with Kraye, helping to keep infantry off him. Then feat and wreck something important from 9.5" away with boosted attack rolls and MAT 8 on the charge. Rangers work well with Kraye.

Bring it with Darius as a potential answer to Eiryss. a 4" aoe isn't bad for that. Full Throttle helps it too.

pHaley makes it more accurate and keeps it from being charged with temporal barrier.

It's a multi-role jack that synergizes with most of our casters. It makes a compelling case for a second heavy at 50 points, and at 35 points it can free up points by doing two jobs over the course of the game. It goes well as a marshalled jack or in the battlegroup. It's a ranged jack and a beat stick.

Putting it in your list gives you versatility that wasn't available before. It's a toolbox that is also a beatstick where we're used to having to choose between the two.

• Son of MakutaSon of Makuta Registered User regular
    Why are people debating the pros and cons of the Avenger? It has an AOE with knockdown. Those are the easiest way to assassinate people, ever. Sure, he's unlikely to hit the warcaster's DEF of 16 or whatever, but that's not the point. Buff it, boost, and shoot the DEF10-12 warjack next to her. Then win the game because the caster is on the floor and visible to all of your guns.

I know I'm a Cryx player, but still. I'd *love* an Avenger.

edited May 2012
    Yeah, I'm on board with the Avenger. I'm thinking I'll give it some time marshaled to the Sword Knight UA, see how it performs there. Don't know if I'm a fan of this new kit though. It looks... top heavy? I know that sounds weird given warjack design principles, but warjacks haven't had such long legs before. Now that PP is smoothing out the proportions it feels like more of the model's weight is being shifted up, and that seems awkward to me.

Looking again, its only really bugging me on the Avenger, and that might be partially the fault of the Quake Cannon. It's smaller and less blocky than I'd pictured it. I dunno. Wait to see it in person....PP camera guy sucks.... blahblahblah.

Dino-czar on
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Kinda tempted to look at slotting the Avenger in my Siege list when I'm ready to up it to 50pts. Yeah I can always foxhole a target to get a shot at something behind, but the idea of a ranged knockdown, followed Siege's feat and a boosted damage Defender shot tickles me.

• admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What kaorti said.

With Rangers and Deadeye stacking with boost, hitting a DEF16 warcaster is not difficult.

edited May 2012
    Other new stuff! Scarsfell Griffon:
    72061_Scarsfell_GriffonWEB.jpg
    Griffons are predators that combine the sinewy grace of great hunting cats with the ferocity of birds of prey. Druids of the Circle Orboros have long tended griffon fledglings far from civilization and picked out those best suited to their needs. In the Scarsfell griffon they have found a hunter with a remarkable aptitude for stealth and ambush, one able to dive from great heights to surprise even well-camouflaged prey far below.

And Gatorman Witch Doctor!
    75040_GatormanWitchdoctorWEB.jpg
    Each witch doctor is a powerful mystic who lives and breathes the foul necromantic arts that are his birthright. Life and death are two edges of the same bloody knife to the witch doctor, who often sees his allies as nothing more than tools of battle to be moved between those two states as required. Amid the morass of combat he gathers the vile totems required to power his spells, tearing the fleshy trophies from the carcasses of vanquished foes. Raising his sacral blade aloft, the witch doctor utters sibilant incantations that impel the huge beasts he control in a wave of scaled death.

To be honest, I was hoping he'd have a mask like Calaban.

tzeentchling on
    Daaaaaaaaamn you, Bartertown. Almost sold off the last few remaining Circle models I had. :( They're still up for grabs.

makosig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    The Avenger lets you arc an earthquake that kills people for one focus how can you possibly think it is bad

SJ on
    The Avenger gives you yet another reason to not use pStryker.

makosig.jpg
    But it works great with pStryker too!

• CounterspinCounterspin Registered User regular
    So, I'm quickly dragging down my friends into this game. Are there any factions that we should just steer clear of because they're terrible? I don't want to lead my buddies into factions that will break their hearts in the long run.

So, I'm quickly dragging down my friends into this game. Are there any factions that we should just steer clear of because they're terrible? I don't want to lead my buddies into factions that will break their hearts in the long run.

Nope. Everything works as long as you're willing to use all of a faction's tricks.

• susansusan Registered User regular

Mercenaries and Minions are not beginner factions, Retribution still has some holes (though they're getting better all the time), and Cygnar, while perfectly tournament viable and competitive, has a tendency to breed self-loathing players. Pretty much everything else should be gravy.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
    There are a few bad eggs in each faction though, so don't have someone go run out and do an all trencher list.

edited May 2012
    Would a Blick art store have the gloss and dull coat sprays I would need to protect and seal my minis? There's one relatively closer to me compared to say, a Hobby People that definitely WOULD.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    Mine does, yeah. Can't imagine one that doesn't.

What brands do you get from there? Do they have something just as effective, but say, more economical than testors or tamiya?

makosig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.