As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Western Animation thread

• TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    Young Justice
    The show now pulls the focus to characters from the last season. No explicit reasons given for SB/MM break up but the forced mind read might be a hint. Did the scene with Alanna throwing the Krolotean a vine feel out of place to anyone else? If the show didn't want to show the little guy dying he could have just jumped from the tank.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Tertiee wrote: »
    Young Justice
    The show now pulls the focus to characters from the last season. No explicit reasons given for SB/MM break up but the forced mind read might be a hint. Did the scene with Alanna throwing the Krolotean a vine feel out of place to anyone else? If the show didn't want to show the little guy dying he could have just jumped from the tank.
    M'Gann didn't kill him, she lobotomized him.

Harry Dresden on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »
    That always seems like the one movie Disney likes to keep swept under the rug.

You know, outside of Song of the South and The Black Cauldron.
    Robin Hood and Song of the South have one other thing in common: they're incredibly fucking boring.

Ah, but the latter has the best water ride ahahaha

• KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    The Young Justice episode beginning in media res was kind of pointless. It's like the episode was 2 minutes short and didn't know what to fill it with.

• HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    I remain really confused by the new season of Young Justice.
    We get a none explanation of what happened between Superboy and Miss Martian. Beast Boys mom apparently got killed by Queen Bee. Miss Martian is fucking loco now. If she's doing things like this at the drop of a hat, I'm surprised the league hasn't come down on her.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    We get a none explanation of what happened between Superboy and Miss Martian. Beast Boys mom apparently got killed by Queen Bee. Miss Martian is fucking loco now. If she's doing things like this at the drop of a hat, I'm surprised the league hasn't come down on her.
    Superboy belongs with Wonder Girl, duh.

I could get on board that ship.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular

Well, we're only two episodes in.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Delta AssaultDelta Assault Registered User regular

I could get on board that ship.

You should. They were fantastic together in the comics.

• BagginsesBagginses __BANNED USERS regular
    They had her brother and (ex)boyfriend.

Bagginses wrote: »
    They were beating the crap out of the aliens. All she accomplished was maybe finding out the enemies overall plan, maybe.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    First Young Justice episode with
    The Joker. And he was kind of lame, really. Came off as if the Joker was just a persona, not who he actually was.

They were beating the crap out of the aliens. All she accomplished was maybe finding out the enemies overall plan, maybe.

I don't think they told her that.

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Oh my God Murderface's mustache ha ha ha.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Toki's song and his revenge in the end was great.

• PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I wasn't paying attention, but it wasn't a planned revenge, was it? He was saying he wasn't invited again, and had the outfit on ready to go.

jCyyTSo.png
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    Blendtec wrote: »
    I wasn't paying attention, but it wasn't a planned revenge, was it? He was saying he wasn't invited again, and had the outfit on ready to go.
    Oh, I wasn't really paying attention either, I assumed it was a well played revenge.

• ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    First Young Justice episode with
    The Joker. And he was kind of lame, really. Came off as if the Joker was just a persona, not who he actually was.

Yeah. Him in Young Justice
    is possibly the weakest portrayal in any medium since The Batman, if not longer. And I love Brent Spiner. Fucking shame. There's no problem with him hamming it up, but the dialogue itself was just so hackneyed.

That being said, I do like how they made it clear why the Joker is still a threat. Everyone else is using energy weapons and blunt force trauma. Joker pulls out a fucking knife and tries to gut a twelve-year-old, he don't care.

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I love following the crazy conspiracy subplot in Metalocalypse. It's insane that it's been going on for years, we still know virtually nothing, and I still get super excited about every new scrap of info that's revealed.
    The newest ep revealed that whales were trying to talk to the band way back in season 1 when they were recording in their submarine. And there was that whale in the very beginning of the first ep of season 4 during that voice-over about a prophecy - maybe it was meant to be the whale speaking?

And all this is background to the death metal band who are just so hilariously damn stupid about everything besides music. Totally bananas.

H9f4bVe.png
  • DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    I love following the crazy conspiracy subplot in Metalocalypse. It's insane that it's been going on for years, we still know virtually nothing, and I still get super excited about every new scrap of info that's revealed.
    The newest ep revealed that whales were trying to talk to the band way back in season 1 when they were recording in their submarine. And there was that whale in the very beginning of the first ep of season 4 during that voice-over about a prophecy - maybe it was meant to be the whale speaking?

And all this is background to the death metal band who are just so hilariously damn stupid about everything besides music. Totally bananas.

Speaking of which.
    when the fuck did they go to space? They "come back to earth" in the start of season 4 but the last episode in season 3 had nothing about that.

what the fuck did I miss and did Nathan use his space copter?

she sucked it out of his brain along with info on the missing Justice League hours. The alien's probably brain dead because of it.

DanHibiki wrote: »

she sucked it out of his brain along with info on the missing Justice League hours. The alien's probably brain dead because of it.

The kicking ass part.

Speaking of which.
    when the fuck did they go to space? They "come back to earth" in the start of season 4 but the last episode in season 3 had nothing about that.

I missed a lot of episodes,
    at the end of season 2 they got attacked, right? so they lift their house into the sky and do work on it. I thought that's what they meant by them coming back to earth in season 4.

jCyyTSo.png
    Speaking of which.

Yeah, all throughout season 3 their house was converted into a floating fortress while they were rebuilding from the season 2 finale.

H9f4bVe.png
    PikaPuff wrote: »

Speaking of which.

I missed a lot of episodes,
    at the end of season 2 they got attacked, right? so they lift their house into the sky and do work on it. I thought that's what they meant by them coming back to earth in season 4.

well they started it with a zoom in from space with all the satellites around so I thought they were in space...

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

Amazing, crossthreaded into chat because more people need to see this.

Lh96QHG.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »

That is awesome. Shame that it has a lack of Toonami.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Definitely classics but i prefer some adult swim all-star lineups:
    sealab 2021
    venture bros
    space ghost coast to coast (the brak show)
    aqua teen hunger force
    Metalocalypse
    Robot Chicken
    Frisky Dingo (xtacles)

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So nostalgic...has it already been 20 years? I remember I was 9 when it started...*gasp*.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am really liking Young Justice's continuity.

Not so much the emo.

But the continuity is nice.

Edit: Bahahaha new motorcycle.

Quid on
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Watched the first episode of "Motorcity". It was good and I love the animation.
    But more importantly: IS THAT MARK HAMILL AS THE EVIL GUY???

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
    so anyone watch Motorcity yet?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OyAuYvijPo

Crazy Deadleaves style action and they were lucky enough to get Brandon Small to do the intro music.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edit: I am an idiot.

Fencingsax on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    This weeks Young Justice...
    So now we know why Aqualad is no longer on the team. Althought I guess it should have been obvious what was happening.

Also, Blue Beetle talking to his armor continues to be the funniest running joke in the show.

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I've seen the first ep of Motorcity, it's really good. And yes, it is in fact Mark Hamill as the villain.

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    This weeks Young Justice...
    So now we know why Aqualad is no longer on the team. Althought I guess it should have been obvious what was happening.

Also, Blue Beetle talking to his armor continues to be the funniest running joke in the show.

So, I'm guessing
    Aqualad is under deep cover trying to infiltrate the Light under Robin

TeaSpoon on
    edited May 2012
    I hate Young Justice so much right now.
    This is not how you do a timeskip. You can't just have random shit happen that wasn't established at all.

Black Mantis is my father and that chick that dumped me died. I AM NOW EVIL! That makes total sense with my previously established character!

The entire roster of the Light is still free because the JL has done jack shit the last five years!

At this rate Artemis and Kid Flash are probably fucking dead.

HamHamJ on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I hate Young Justice so much right now.
    This is not how you do a timeskip. You can't just have random shit happen that wasn't established at all.

Black Mantis is my father and that chick that dumped me died. I AM NOW EVIL! That makes total sense with my previously established character!

The entire roster of the Light is still free because the JL has done jack shit the last five years!

At this rate Artemis and Kid Flash are probably fucking dead.

Let's watch the rest of the season before jumping to conclusions.
    And it's Black Manta, not Mantis

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited May 2012
    Man, the reasons why HamHam is upset are the reasons why I'm liking YJ:I?

So about this week's episode
    Uh, I think Batman has a clue about Miss Martian mind wiping people, and he doesn't give a shit. Does it seem that way? If so, holy shit.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.