As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New batman Thread *Big Spoiler

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Also DC'S FCBD issue officially fucks with Vic Sage/The Question:
    He is both magical and origin and now a former villain and part of the Trinity of Sin.

Yeah cause that's what that character needed.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    He is both magical and origin and now a former villain and part of the Trinity of Sin.

What, I don't even. o_O

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I think giving Aquaman dominion over 70% of the planet is a bad idea.

Also, why are all the oceans under the banner of Atlantis anyway?

In the comic run I have in my head, my super team meets up with a pacific undersea city, and they make fun of the Atlanteans for basically living in the equivalent of a trailer park. Because all you usually see of it are the crappy ruins and whatnot. And then they have to heist something out of it.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Are there other ocean cities?

Like in the marvel universe Namor is king of Atlantis and doesnt really deal with the whole ocean king thing.

I assumed Arthur had an actual kingdom but Atlantis is the capitol.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

What, I don't even. o_O
    Here's the details:
    The TRINITY OF SIN(Pandora, Judas and Victor) are chained by the Council of Eternity, a group of gods/powerful wizards

Judas becomes "a stranger to walk the earth. As a witness to what greed can do to man." Phantom Stranger.

Vic says "I will not beg, Wizards. I defy the authority you claim! Do what you wish to me! But if you do not kill me, I will rise to power again! And you will fear my name as does the world!"

The Council replies "You will forget your name, as will everyone."

Vic says "I...am..." and then his face and mouth melt over so he becomes the faceless Question

"You will forever Question your identity and forever search for answers you will never find."

fuck

this

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Why the hell would you even do that with the character?

Who can honestly think that's what the character needs

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Seriously

that is so wildly different from the previous version of the character that you should just make a fucking new character

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I am all for reimaginings and revamps

I enjoy someone tweaking a character in interesting ways

but that bullshit? That is just straight up dumb

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Stranger has like six origins so whatever but that is fucking absurd.

Who wrote this? Im putting him on my do not read list.

I dislike Joe Q immensely he has some truly awful ideas about comics and is decidedly not a storyteller but Dan Didio is slowly replacing him by encouraging shit like this.

• Options
    It's Geoff Johns

who still writes some good things

this is not one of them

and no, Stranger now has one official origin. They did away with the multiple origins.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Well, thinking about it
    I think I could've bought that concept as a new villain/character, being painted as an ancient one, as opposed to a random and unecessary occult/magical reboot for an extant hero

The First Question

A crazed vigilante who interrogates and tortures in an endless quest for knowledge; forbidden knowledge that he can never actually grasp

A version of the real Question who exists as a kind of tragic antihero. Or more accurately, an out-and-out mad villain

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Well, thinking about it
    I think I could've bought that concept as a new villain/character, being painted as an ancient one, as opposed to a random and unecessary occult/magical reboot for an extant hero

The First Question

A crazed vigilante who interrogates and tortures in an endless quest for knowledge; forbidden knowledge that he can never actually grasp

A version of the real Question who exists as a kind of tragic antihero. Or more accurately, an out-and-out mad villain
    Yeah, the concept itself is perfectly fine

it is the fact that they used an existing, fairly fan-favorite, character and tacked it on to him is what makes it awful

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Seriously

that is so wildly different from the previous version of the character that you should just make a fucking new character

I mean, that idea is actually a pretty neat concept, but not for Question.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    and while I dislike that they did away with Stranger's multiple origins

the new one is a pretty cool one

however the fact that this whole thing is building to a SUPERHEROES FIGHTING EACHOTHER crossover event

just makes it even worse

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I've never really liked Geoff especially lately where he's just doing whatever he wants because he can(seriously nobody said "Dude that is stupid as fuck " when he pitched the rainbow lanterns?). Dude needs a editor that will check him on this shit.

Didio made beast machines happen. My hate for him is old school.

• Options

What, I don't even. o_O
    Here's the details:
    The TRINITY OF SIN(Pandora, Judas and Victor) are chained by the Council of Eternity, a group of gods/powerful wizards

Judas becomes "a stranger to walk the earth. As a witness to what greed can do to man." Phantom Stranger.

Vic says "I will not beg, Wizards. I defy the authority you claim! Do what you wish to me! But if you do not kill me, I will rise to power again! And you will fear my name as does the world!"

Vic says "I...am..." and then his face and mouth melt over so he becomes the faceless Question

"You will forever Question your identity and forever search for answers you will never find."

fuck

this

I'm speechless. :shock:

• Options
    Well, thinking about it

The First Question

I like this. DC needs to do that.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I've never really liked Geoff especially lately where he's just doing whatever he wants because he can(seriously nobody said "Dude that is stupid as fuck " when he pitched the rainbow lanterns?). Dude needs a editor that will check him on this shit.

The Rainbow Corps. isn't a bad idea in itself. What went wrong is that the Corps. had terrible names with a few exceptions and the same powers which made them all seem like generic GLC rip-offs. With some tweaking to make the other corps. more unique it had potential. Though I'd keep the Sinestro Corps. as the GLC's evil counterpart.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    I feel like the different colored corps will, in time, go the way of the multicolored kryptonite.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

What, I don't even. o_O
    Here's the details:

fuck

this

I thought the whole POINT of the Stranger was that we don't know if he's the Wandering Jew or Judas or Cain or a fallen angel??

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    I liked Renee Montoya as the question

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    DonSt.jpg
    Oh Dark Knight

are you ever not terrible

this is one of the top ten best selling comics in America right now

• Options
    What.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I feel like the different colored corps will, in time, go the way of the multicolored kryptonite.

It likely will. Just not until Johns' loses his high positions at DCE.

• Options
    What.

comics sales charts April 2012

1 AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #2
    2 BATMAN #8
    3 JUSTICE LEAGUE #8
    4 AVX VS #1
    5 GREEN LANTERN #8
    6 ACTION COMICS #8
    7 DETECTIVE COMICS #8
    8 BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #8
    9 UNCANNY X-MEN #11
    10 AVENGERS #25

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Why is Nightwing worried, he can just take out VentriloHulk with his Cyclops-vision.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    What.

comics sales charts April 2012

1 AVENGERS VS. X-MEN #2
    2 BATMAN #8
    3 JUSTICE LEAGUE #8
    4 AVX VS #1
    5 GREEN LANTERN #8
    6 ACTION COMICS #8
    7 DETECTIVE COMICS #8
    8 BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT #8
    9 UNCANNY X-MEN #11
    10 AVENGERS #25

Nnnnnggghhhhhhh oh wait the pain has passed there goes the last of my brain

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    I seriously have no idea why Daredevil isn't a top ten book right now

it is so good

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular

it is so good

probably because he hasn't had a movie in almost 10 years.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    oh well if it's by James Robinson then it has to be good

0010d9cc_medium.jpeg

oh wait oh noooooooo

this page doesn't say gay for justice at all

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorak wrote: »

it is so good

probably because he hasn't had a movie in almost 10 years.

Or a good movie ever.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So I beat Batman: Arkham Asylum last night. Felt pretty good.

Going to finish the 4th season of Supernatural than begin Batman: Arkham City.

Bet that will feel pretty good too.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Arkham Asylum was mind blowingly good, especially for people who grew up on TAS.

Getting the actress for Barbara Gordon back as Oracle was a great touch.

Goatmon on

• Options

The Rainbow Corps. isn't a bad idea in itself. What went wrong is that the Corps. had terrible names with a few exceptions and the same powers which made them all seem like generic GLC rip-offs. With some tweaking to make the other corps. more unique it had potential. Though I'd keep the Sinestro Corps. as the GLC's evil counterpart.

The Sinestro Corp works on a basic level. Give the lanterns an enemy whose stated goal is similar but corrupted.
    After he decided to introduce the emotional spectrum as a compeltely serious thing ( including an entire core made up of Roid Rage Lunatics) it just lost any impact.

Also that Ventriloquist panel that someone posted earlier?

That has to be a joke right? Like that Comic can't possibly be trying to tell a story.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    what the fuck is even going on in that batman book

jesus

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tony daniel is a hack

• Options

The Sinestro Corp works on a basic level. Give the lanterns an enemy whose stated goal is similar but corrupted.
    After he decided to introduce the emotional spectrum as a compeltely serious thing ( including an entire core made up of Roid Rage Lunatics) it just lost any impact.

True.
    Also that Ventriloquist panel that someone posted earlier?

That has to be a joke right? Like that Comic can't possibly be trying to tell a story.

Yes, that was the Ventriloquist. No, it isn't a joke.

• Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    also, changing nightwing's color to red is so stupid

like legit one of my most hated things about the new DCverse

why would you change that

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Arkham Asylum was mind blowingly good, especially for people who grew up on TAS.

Getting the actress for Barbara Gordon back as Oracle was a great touch.

wasn't TAS Barbara played by Tara Strong?

and Oracle in the game is the same person that did Ashley from Mass Effect...

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    also, changing nightwing's color to red is so stupid

like legit one of my most hated things about the new DCverse

why would you change that

GET IT BECAUSE HE USED TO ROBIN

xmassig2.gif
This discussion has been closed.