As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xenoblade Chronicles X] looks to be a pretty good game.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    If you think that shit is weird wait till you finish the game.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I'm kind of curious, what happens if you die during a plot fight? Do you get kicked back to before the plot event?

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    nope, you walk in and refight the boss.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Just reached Central Factory.
    After changing Fiora's armor and seeing how drastically she changed, it finally dawned on me.

She's friggin' KOS-MOS.

Tragic as all hell what happened to her. But she's steadily becoming so damn awesome. Her one talent art, the one that says "Does a 10 hit combo on one enemy"? Yeah, that may as well say "raperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperaperape".

Oh, and I think I need some damn help with Dunban, since I must be doing something wrong. Dude can't tank for shit. I have his special naked talents. I have Melia's no gem talent linked. But Shulk and Seven can pull aggro off him with their auto attack alone. What specific arts do I need to put on the guy, because I'm guessing that's the weak link? And for the record, no I do not have on the aura that drops his aggro.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    He needs two auras to tank properly. Serene Heart is his keep the enemy from killing him aura, and Battle Eye forces the enemy to attack him (and vice versa)

If you're controlling him you can also use Soaring Tempest to get some group aggro and boost dat talent gauge.

edited May 2012
    I tank using Peerless, it provides a nice AoE aggro burst when you trigger it. Between that, the strength boost, and Dunban's normal damage, you should be fine even without the naked boost. I suspect you're probably better off loading him up with gems, as well.

Edit: If you're going to have Shulk in your party, he should probably be the main, so that you don't have to fiddle around with Warning him to use the Monado skills. If you have control of him then grabbing aggro should be a non-issue, since he's moderately durable and can just drop aggro with Shadow Eye.

jothki on
    At central factory? No way. Unadorned beauty plus naked tank tree is godly at that point. Hell unadorned beauty is probably the best bet for all physical attackers besides CHARACTER REDACTED at that point.

Just cleared the Core.
    Holy shit the game has a good memory for old cutscenes.

• RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    I guess I need to continue toward the end some more, cause all these new quests showing up are out of my league on every level. even seemingly simple ones like getting an item is guarded by something lv 90+

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
    Now that I can make Rank VI gems, I really should get in the habit of saving before a big combine.

Oh well, at least I have a -71% spike gem now. I assume the max is -75%?

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    That's correct. Skill link Dunban's spike resistance skill for an extra gem slot.

While Serene Heart is nice, you don't need it if you stack agility/HP gems and skills, which you're going to want anyway. Similarly, Battle Eye only locks on one enemy. Peerless is what you need to sustain aggro of enemy groups and if the AI is controlling him, that's the only aura you want. If you're controlling Shulk, use Shadow Eye whenever you can. Jaws of Death is sometimes useful in difficult boss/unique battles, but if he has the right setup of items, gems and skills, he'll be the last to survive when the rest of your party is already down. Dunban's best weapon is the Wyvern Cutlass and his best armour is a mix of Lancelot and Glory. You definitely want the Glory Arms for the Haste bonus, since it's normally a weapon gem, so it frees up a weapon slot for more Aggro Up gems if you so desire. If not, there are always more gems you want than you have slots, such as Double Attack, Critical Up, Topple Plus, Night Vision. As for skills, load up on every agility and double attack skill you can find, then link the skill that turns every double attack into a critical hit (you can find it on 7th). Whatever you have left, use it on utility skills like EXP, AP, HP healed and movement speed if you're playing as him. If you still have coins left, more strength or physical damage reduction doesn't hurt depending on what you want.

V0Gug2h.png
    Naw its all about Serene Heart. It's the second biggest agility boost in the game behind Monado Speed.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    I found serene heat is useful against a few bosses, but otherwise isn't needed.

Can we talk about awesome lines from the game? I have a personal favorite, and it's the line Shulk says when he uses Enchant.
    "You're not invincible! Monado Enchant."

The reason I really like this line is the way the VA delivers it. It's the note of desperation in his voice that I love. You can just tell how the Homs feel about the menace of the Mechons and the way the Monado is the only thing they can use to fight it. It's great.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    What's the name of that sword again?

Oh right, THE MONADO.

• ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Adam makes it sound like Shulk is about ten years older than he's supposed to be, and it's a great thing.

Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Shulk: Now we're working as one!
    Sharla: And as one..
    Shulk: ..we're unbeatable!

\m/

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I like to imagine that Dunban and Fiora's parents taught them that being awesome meant being as over the top as possible.

"Let's press on AND ON AND ON!"

"BORN INTO A WORLD OF STRIFE! AGAINST THE ODDS! WE CHOOSE TO FIGHT!"

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
    I love it when Reyn shows disappointment over the fact that his awesome attack only did 1 point of damage to the Mechon he was targetting.

It's like, he gets so caught up in it that he forgets he can't harm them, and just seems so honestly dumbfounded every time.

"Eh!?!"

That takes talent.

Maybe he just thought he was in a cutscene.

camo_sig2.png

Funnily enough, Shulk does it as well in certain fights.

Come to think of it, he really should've kept that sword he made out of junk around. Just like Geralt he needs one sword for ROWBAHTS and another for HYOOMINS.

Oh Melia, your AI is so bad.
    Several times trying to beat Lorithia I just gave up and controlled Melia myself to make it slightly less painfull.. "Why yes Melia; all those elements you summoned look smashing above your head, now please lob them at the angry floating clouds!."

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, Melia's AI is horrible. It's too bad, too, since she is amazing when used right.

Speaking of, what are people's strategies with her? Currently I bring up the Fire and Wind buffs then lob lightning at the enemy. Between Summon Lightning and Summon Copy she can do it pretty consistently.

camo_sig2.png

edited May 2012
    I summon Wind then Lighting and then Copy for another Lightning then lob as I see fit. and use Elemental burst if her talent gauge is full. then chain attack elemental Burst and watch that aoe damage fly.
    -however she doesn't even have 4k health in my team so if something so much as looks at her right now she crumples-
    Lighting is great single damage.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    God bless everyone for the Dunban tips. I guess Peerless was the missing link. Now the dude can actually keep that red ring around his ass.

Now I just wish they had put in an armor class that is classified as being naked, but still shows up on the character model. I don't mind him being in his trunks in battle, but when I'm coming up to a story bit, I'll actually go out of my way to put them on, because having him like that in cutscenes looks rightfully silly.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    I've never used Dunban naked and he has been awesome throughout the game. Don't listen to XoB and his manic ways.

V0Gug2h.png
  • VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Wii arrived home last night, no data loss. The sidequesting has been resumed in earnest!

Progress? What?

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So I decided to take a bit to go dork around and see if I could level up some on the 70-ish enemies that were floating around in colony 9 and Bionis Leg; turns out I can pretty well. Got a couple levels already.

However, something odd sprung up. I was getting Lancelot hats from the low 70's enemies in Colony 9. I was under the impression that the Lancelot gear was the "best" medium armor that was slotted and not Unique.

It feels weird that the "best" armor, you can get in your 70s. Is there really nothing better at like 99?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Chen wrote: »
    I've never used Dunban naked and he has been awesome throughout the game. Don't listen to XoB and his manic ways.

If Dunban was meant to be naked, most light armor wouldn't have made him look like a Sky Pirate.

You really can get the best armor for every slot fighting level 70 monsters.

Except for gloves. The best gloves are Unique and drop off level 97+ monsters.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    ARGH....is there somewhere I can reliably farm Juicy Brocolli?

EDIT: Or at least a viable route where I can find tons of white orbs on the Bionis Leg.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Pretty sure it isn't rare.

Getting real tired of having every fight in Agniratha turn into a 5 man brawl when shit from the lower level decides to join in.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    It is always kind of surreal when you die in a boss fight and go back. The world just plugs on without you, but that instance is suspended until you get back to it.

So, you can just die, goof around with some other things, and then meander back to the fight.

Krathoon on
    Pfft, it's even better when you can drag a few from the top part or sub basement in and get a real fight going.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    About Fiora:
    I assume she gets resurrected at some point? It is kind of odd she is in the art with all of the team members.

• Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    About Fiora:
    I assume she gets resurrected at some point? It is kind of odd she is in the art with all of the team members.
    Yeah, she does. They don't even try to hide that she returns later.

3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
  • Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Quick question about skill links: Do skills stack, like Counter Rage and Vendetta (both increase chances of a counter attack)

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
    At the final dungeon now.
    I loved the music transition at the start.

Also, I only just realized that I had had an aggro up skill linked to Fiora since halfway through Agniratha (or I suppose ever since I first got her back), when I moved her from a tank to a rogue. Anyone who complains about Dunban's ability to hold aggro is just wrong.

• TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    7th can easily take hate from him if they try to have a tank off, but Dunban has better survivability by far.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
    Alright. Time to go after the really hard stuff now that I've beaten the game and seen the ending (was about lv 79)

steam_sig.png