As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

My phone is smarter than I am and I am perfectly ok with it.

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Gah, I forgot you work in funny money. Gimme a bit

pffff aren't you australian

Yeah but USD to AUD is pretty much 1:1 so it's easy!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    YOvgz3G4

Success?

It would appear not

Is it in your public folder?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    figure%20eight.png

Blake T on
    Huh you are right.

Around 300-400 euro. 26" or thereabouts and really pretty!
    Ok Dave, this Asus monitor is 27" and is good quality but is only 1920x1080 which I would consider the absolute minimum for really pretty.

this HP monitor is nice too. It's 24" but it runs at 1920x1200 which is a bit nicer to look at. It's also much more expensive and comes in a few quid over your budget.

Assuming you have the graphics card to back it up (basically anything within the last two years) I think the HP would be the go.

You should definitely poke your head into Moe's and get some second opinions

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    whenever I try to connect to my home wi-fi network on my Droid, it just fails to connect aftering hanging on "obtain IP address..." for a while without giving me a chance to enter the password or anything

does anyone know what exactly the problem is?

@Nerdgasmic I encounter that problem all the time at work. Try changing the encryption algorithms in your router from AES to TKIP, maybe lower the encryption itself to WPA.

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Blake T wrote: »
    Huh you are right.

Usually @smart hero would have come in and saved the day by now

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    whenever I try to connect to my home wi-fi network on my Droid, it just fails to connect aftering hanging on "obtain IP address..." for a while without giving me a chance to enter the password or anything

does anyone know what exactly the problem is?

@Nerdgasmic I encounter that problem all the time at work. Try changing the encryption algorithms in your router from AES to TKIP, maybe lower the encryption itself to WPA.

I managed to fix it just be telling the phone to "forget" the network and then re-adding it with the WEP key

thanks, though

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Huh you are right.

Usually @smart hero would have come in and saved the day by now

I was sleeping in!

I use Picup, uploads stuff straight to imgur.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/picup/id354101378

Thanks mate, perfect!

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials, by the way

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Around 300-400 euro. 26" or thereabouts and really pretty!
    Ok Dave, this Asus monitor is 27" and is good quality but is only 1920x1080 which I would consider the absolute minimum for really pretty.

this HP monitor is nice too. It's 24" but it runs at 1920x1200 which is a bit nicer to look at. It's also much more expensive and comes in a few quid over your budget.

Assuming you have the graphics card to back it up (basically anything within the last two years) I think the HP would be the go.

You should definitely poke your head into Moe's and get some second opinions

I can probably go a bit higher just not sure my card could handle some of the fancier monitors.

I've a GTS 450.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
    The way I see it, you could get a 1920x1080 monitor and a new graphics card and see the biggest improvement or you could get a spanking great monitor at 1920x1200. You would have to deal with lowered details but the games would definitely be playable until you had the money for a new card.

First option is cheaper and will give you the biggest improvement sooner, second allows you to have a better visual experience in the long term

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    I have the money I'm just trying not to spend too much as I don't have much income right now!

1920x1080 monitor and this gigabyte 560ti 448 core video card will do the trick. If that is a bit too rich for you, you could easily cut back on the card to a regular 560ti, 560 or an AMD 6870

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That is a beast mode card, and even comes with a copy of Battlefield 3.

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    I really need to figure out why bf3 started running like shit.

or just buy a brand new card with money I ain't have.

Radeon hd 4870. Was awesome for a while but it is showing its age

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I have a 560 Ti.

Having a little software problem with invisible geometry sometimes still though.

Can't figure it out, everything is installed right.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    could be bad drivers.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
    I've installed and reinstalled them repeatedly.

Even a totally clean install with driversweeper.

I dunno, I reinstalled Direct X and it happens a lot less now.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    My guesses would be drivers, temperature, card seating, and PC gaming, not necessarily in that order.

edited May 2012
    T4CT wrote: »
    http://notpod.com/ - this is the program you need to use to get your phone to show up in iTunes

http://androidforums.com/android-media/139655-how-sync-itunes-android.html - this is a guide you should read on how to make it work.

@t4ct and whoever else might help

I finally got around to setting this up, but it seems like the guide is a little out of date. for starters, I can't find the Itunes option in the "Synchronize pattern" field shown here, which is apparently essential to getting things to work right :

Snip6.jpg

so, how do I add the Itunes option to Synchronize pattern

EDIT: never mind, I got it to work

Nerdgasmic on
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    YOvgz3G4

Success?

It would appear not

Is it in your public folder?

read this as "pubic" folder

got really confused

• TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »

Ever since the patch a few months ago, my shit crashes every 5 minutes. Good patch, guys!

sig.png
    Tossrock wrote: »
    Artreus wrote: »

Ever since the patch a few months ago, my shit crashes every 5 minutes. Good patch, guys!

And here I thought it was my machine after reinstalling. I literally got about five minutes into any match and the the thing completely crashed.

1920x1080 monitor and this gigabyte 560ti 448 core video card will do the trick. If that is a bit too rich for you, you could easily cut back on the card to a regular 560ti, 560 or an AMD 6870

Alright so if I want to get a new graphics card, monitor and RAM what'd work best off this site www.overclockers.co.uk

I can probably go upto 1k in pounds.

Alright so if I want to get a new graphics card, monitor and RAM what'd work best off this site www.overclockers.co.uk

oh yeh my mobo is a P7H55-M LE as I think that matters.

Oh I'm just about to hit the sack and only just saw this. if nobody has answered by then I'll put together something

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    does having 3g/4g enabled and using more data consume more battery than if, for example, you just have your phone on and aren't using it

So active versus passive 3G connection?

Yes, active is going to use more battery life.

okay, thank you

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    does having 3g/4g enabled and using more data consume more battery than if, for example, you just have your phone on and aren't using it

yeah

most phones will put their antennas into sleep mode if they're not in use

mind you, aside from some early LTE phones, battery drain from signal usage is nothing compared to battery drain from screen usage

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012

A thousand pounds?

Video card: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-092-GI

Monitor: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-165-SA&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

RAM: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MY-328-CS&groupid=701&catid=8&subcat=1516

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    479 pounds for a 680? That is fucking highway robbery, they're 499 dollars in America.

sig.png
    One day you should have a peek at how much shit costs in Australia...

How difficult is it to install a new processor?

Not really.

Just remember to buy new thermal paste.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Not difficult at all, really.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    One day you should have a peek at how much shit costs in Australia...

Does importing from Asia work out cheaper for this stuff?

It can be kinda scary at first to change a CPU but just remmber to follow the instructions and not touch the bottom.

And yeah, sometimes new CPUs come with thermal paste on the heat sink in the box, but it's good to have some extra and some rubbing alcohol in case you mis-seat the heat sink at first.

• T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I used to just listen to the Tested podcast for my mobile podcast fix

which I still do because they're hilarious but lately they do less tech talk

so I just started listening to the Verge Mobile Podcast

if you are as weirdly obsessive about phones as me it's actually pretty interesting to listen to.

I THINK I HAVE POSTED THIS ALREADY BUT I AM DOING IT AGAIN BECAUSE THIS DAMN FORUM HAS DECIDED THIS IS A PERMANENT DRAFT FOR THIS THREAD AND I WANT IT OUT OF MY QUICK REPLY BOX.

This discussion has been closed.