As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] League of Legends Regional Championships coming to PAX Prime!

thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Just got announced earlier today!
Here is the relavant LoL forum post: na.leagueoflegends.com/news/season-two-championship-october-13-los-angeles
Here is the relevant reddit post: reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/t1y4r/season_two_championship_october_13_los_angeles/
Here is a link to the youtube video: youtu.be/bdr6jAPkf04

So, first questions for the PAX organizers, Is this event going to be included in entry to PAX, or will we have to pay seperately?

Questions for PAX goers: Who are you looking to see play? Who are you looking forward to meeting?

Moe Fwacky on

• pyrandespyrandes Registered User new member
    sorta outta left field there, wasn't expecting LoL to have a major tourney like that (tho they have been a constant presence the past 3 PAX's i've been to). looking forward to checking this out if it is in the cards (no favorites tho, Im more an SC2 watcher) ;)

• ComplexityComplexity Registered User regular
    Personally, I'd like to meet Chaox, Dyrus, and Hotshot. I want to see TSM and CLG, both of which are undoubtedly going to be there. M5 would be pretty cool, but they're unfortunately not NA. It would be pretty cool if this year's LoL area was more impressive than the previous years. Also, more LoL swag :D

• thespiffyneostarthespiffyneostar Registered User regular
    Complexity wrote: »
    Also, more LoL swag :D

subtle...

• PatrickKanePatrickKane I'm a doctor Registered User regular
    Personally, I'd like to meet Chaox, Dyrus, and Hotshot. I want to see TSM and CLG, both of which are undoubtedly going to be there. M5 would be pretty cool, but they're unfortunately not NA. It would be pretty cool if this year's LoL area was more impressive than the previous years. Also, more LoL swag :D

Are you kidding? Last year LoL had such a mob scene at their area it was almost impossible to get through the area around em :P

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    So, first questions for the PAX organizers, Is this event going to be included in entry to PAX, or will we have to pay seperately?

Considering that as far as I know, nothing with the exception of BYOC has ever cost extra for attendance at PAX, I doubt that there will be an extra cost to attend this at PAX.

Also, I remember last year there were supposed to be a lot of SC2 matches goin down at PAX Prime with some of the better known players, but MLG was the same weekend so it never happened.

Stupid MLG

• ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    woah.

I might have to go to Prime now..

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Maybe this will replace HaloFest as the "connected" event? Or is that becoming an annual thing?

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
    polaris314 wrote: »
    Maybe this will replace HaloFest as the "connected" event? Or is that becoming an annual thing?

I believe HaloFest was just to celebrate Halo's 10th anniversary

polaris314 wrote: »

I'm hoping its SOMETHING like how they did HaloFest at last year's prime.

• AlaendilAlaendil Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    If they're going to take up a ton of space, it'd be great if they had their own area like WotC/Halo ... The lines for Dominion last year were insane :) (Also, a LoL badge like the Halo one would be amazing)

• ramen215ramen215 Registered User regular
    This is my "prime" reason for going :D cant wait!!! Sad part is is that I was only able to snag a Sunday pass so I hope the games last all three days, and that I get the chance to meet some of the pros :D

Track Record: ~Prime '12 Prime '13
  • BoomhahaBoomhaha Registered User new member
    SO PUMPED!

ramen215 wrote: »
    This is my "prime" reason for going :D cant wait!!! Sad part is is that I was only able to snag a Sunday pass so I hope the games last all three days, and that I get the chance to meet some of the pros :D

they did indee say that for those who didn't get a chance to buy tickets, that there would be opportunities to either attend or watch.
    This is according to Tryndamere's AMA on reddit.

• VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    Wow, five million dollar prize pool, holy cow. That's impressive!

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    Pine I swear every time I see your avatar and the word League I think this is the PPL thread.

cocowoushi wrote: »
    Pine I swear every time I see your avatar and the word League I think this is the PPL thread.

hahaha. subliminal marketing :)

Wow, five million dollar prize pool, holy cow. That's impressive!

that, however is the prize for winning the world champs in San Fran. not sure how much of that prize pool will be at PAX, but I'm betting 500 grand (maybe).

• ElektroDragonElektroDragon Registered User regular
    This League of Legends fad is the reason the tickets sold out so fast and the reason not even a LOCAL Seattle person who has been going to PAX since 2008 could get a pass. Enjoy your stupid MMO tug of war game.

I swear, they need to have a separate PAX for MMOs.

• S2000GanS2000Gan Spartan-Rogue Class, Red Squad Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Im a Seattle Local who's been going to PAX since 08 as well (before LoL started). Just so happens I really like it. I wont say im not betting the LoL finals being at PAX isn't a large reason why passes sold so fast but really... Don't hate on the MOBAs :(
    (btw LoL is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena "MOBA" not a MMO. LoL is 2 five person teams, hardly a Massively Multiplayer Online game.)

hnx2ZrU.jpg6jYGFlE.png
    edited May 2012
    ramen215 wrote: »

they did indee say that for those who didn't get a chance to buy tickets, that there would be opportunities to either attend or watch.
    This is according to Tryndamere's AMA on reddit.

do you mean to say I can watch the games without passes on friday and saturday? that would be amazing :D

edit: I read Tryndamere's comment on reddit, and i'm guessing you won't have much more info than what he said, so i'll just have to wait and see, unless you DO have more info :P

ramen215 on
  • ComplexityComplexity Registered User regular

This League of Legends fad is the reason the tickets sold out so fast and the reason not even a LOCAL Seattle person who has been going to PAX since 2008 could get a pass. Enjoy your stupid MMO tug of war game.

There's no blizzcon this year, sdcc sold out extremely fast, and thepopularity of pax is increasing. In the end, It's your fault that you didn't get a ticket.

There's no blizzcon this year, sdcc sold out extremely fast, and thepopularity of pax is increasing. In the end, It's your fault that you didn't get a ticket.
    Not to mention last year PAX Prime tickets sold out in about a week. These ones just went a lot faster.
    I think people are realizing how fun PAX is, regardless of LoL tournaments going on, or any other sorts of specials. More and more people are wanting to be a part of the community, and the way that they're most likely to show that is by attending conventions of every sort.

Especially considering how "bleh" the economy is; people love free stuff and other purchases that give a big bang for their buck. Thus conventions.

• rnaicarnaica Ninja Dino! Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    I first met Reginald from Team SoloMid at PAX Prime 2010. I met HotShotGG from Counter Logic Gaming at PAX East 2011 and BigFatJiji at PAX Prime 2011. It's going to be super exciting to see everyone together this year...PAX Prime 2012! I'm super excited. I hope you are too ^_^!

• Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I am so excited!! August 31st is my birthday :D

• hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    Sushi Hero wrote: »

Wow i couldn't think of a better birthday weekend!

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Sushi HeroSushi Hero Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Sushi Hero wrote: »

Wow i couldn't think of a better birthday weekend!

IKR :D

• dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    has anyone heard anything about this? is it first come first serve to watch? will there be tickets for it?

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
    Yea, I'd like some info too. Maybe a schedule so I can plan out my panels and expo time :D (also if anyone is willing to hang out with me so i can get some pictures with ppl because ill be in there alone :P)

• MetroidHunter05MetroidHunter05 Registered User new member
    ill be going as vandal gragas hope to see you all there

• dragon keeper xdragon keeper x Registered User regular
    no one has any info on this?

Max sig size: 500x80px <3 Moe
    sig_dragonx.jpg
  • RavenHuskyRavenHusky Registered User regular
    For anyone wondering, Sona is getting the next PAX skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lle2KWMZklA

tw787Xr.png

Schedule for the tourney is up! It actually starts on the 30th (Thursday) and all games are at 11 am and 2 pm each day for all 4 days. See you guys there :D

http://tournaments.leagueoflegends.com/s2-na-regionals/article/north-american-regionals-pax-prime-2012

edited August 2012
    So are they opening up the 6th floor tomorrow for the NA Regionals to be watched live or will we not be able to watch any of the matches until Friday after PAX opens?

PatrickKane on
    I think you just need any days badge to come in on thursday

This discussion has been closed.