As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40k] 6th Edition Incoming. Hide your women and children!

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    sigh
    Is it really that hard? you can create it on one side and leave it dry on the other you can also create a bowl so it hides the joint

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I'll be honest, I do actually kinda like Tau. I think if I were to collect another army it would be Tau. Just want to finish my 'nids collecting first, which wont be anytime soon.

I wish they looked a bit more varied though, they seem a bit... Boring in their visual appearance sometimes.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I really like Tau, if only because they add a bit of variety. I just wish more people played them.

I do

at home

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    So, another rumour about where the Tyranid Harpy went.
    Harpy was designed as a dual kit, but i havent seen the final version. It was supposed to make a ground based unit as well.
    It doesnt make sense because of that to be a "flyers" kit release. Plus they have additional finecast characters done and the new redesign of one unit i still cant reveal.

Come on Cerebore.

-Loki- on
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Redesign of one unit huh

Please be Raveners. Or the Pyrovore maybe. Or my precious carnifex.

EDIT: I am jumping to conclusions here that it was to be a rules redesign, but that's probably not it, heh.

Anzekay on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I can't really think of any Nid unit that particularly needs a redesign, the nid models are some of the nicest I think. I suppose Biovores are the only ones that spring to mind as kinda bad looking?

And Warriors haven't had a new kit in quite a while, but they look good anyway...

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Hive guard are a recent investment for them so I doubt they'd do it, but plastic hive guard would be amazing. Dudes like to pose like each other 24/7...

E26cO.jpg
    Well I know they and many other companies are trying to get away from metal so plastic/resin hive guard might not be a dream

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I suppose they could do a Hive/Tyrant Guard dual kit.

I mean they're basically the exact same model with different arms.

• Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    Just a question in general: How would an Imperial Guard, Tau, or similar army that depends on ranged weaponry contend with Necron lists that have Solar Pulses. It's just disturbing that an item can shut down the first two turns of shooting with no effort on the part of the Necron Player.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    Just a question in general: How would an Imperial Guard, Tau, or similar army that depends on ranged weaponry contend with Necron lists that have Solar Pulses. It's just disturbing that an item can shut down the first two turns of shooting with no effort on the part of the Necron Player.

Well GK have the plasma syphon as a Tau and Necron player how much do you think that effect me in games.

• mr_michmr_mich Mmmmagic. MDRegistered User regular
    Question to those who have ordered custom dice from Chessex...are their prices for the whole lot? Or how many of each die you're ordering? I.e. if I want something with a skull on the 6, do I get the 50-dice price if I order 25 skulls and 25 hammers? Or would it have to be 50 skulls?

• OgotaiOgotai Registered User regular
    Tau get blacksun filters on stuff like broadsides, so that pretty much negates the nightfighting. Guard, well I never had to fight necrons. Imagin it would depend on the list. I have 6 chimeras that are moving forward in my lists, as they have short range shooting them them, ant ahve searchlights, so anything they spot is going to get hammered. Barrage stuff can still fire too, if more inaccurate, and manticores can shread warriors. Vendettas/valkeries have searchlights too, so you can scout right up near them to spot them for the rest of the army.

• SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    If BA and Necrons are actually restricted allies options, I will probably stop playing 40k.

I'll second that.

Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I find Valks/vendettas are good spotters against necrons. They can fly up close with scout, spot light an important target, then the rest of your army has no trouble blasting it from range.

website_header.jpg
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Wait wait wait

Why would BA and Necrons be a thing

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I know I'm a few posts late, but it was cinqo de mayo so let it go.

These new rumors have to be shit. The mechanics rumors seem pretty flawed. We've all seen how well WHFB got adopted when they added in all that stuff (hint: not well), now they want to do the same thing to their only profitable game system? That seems bad from every perspective.

The fluff rumors are just fucking stupid. Why would the highly racist imperium protect the Tau? The entire background for humanity thus far suggests that if the Tau were immune to Chaos the humans would be putting them in concentration camps and cutting them apart by the thousands trying to figure out why. Not sending chapters of marines to protect them.

Never mind the fact that there is a motto which binds the entirety of man together in the grim dark future.

"Abhor the witch. Suffer not the heretic. Purge the Xeno." Or something like that. Each chapter is different but it's ingrained into them.

In short. This rumor is wrong, and who ever thought it up should be purged.

Anon the Felon on
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    Matrias wrote: »
    The Space Wolves-Orks-Drinking-Binge Alliance is going to be even more awkward.

Why would you ever ally with orks when you can just build an army of Thunderwolves and Railguns....

holy shit

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Wait wait wait

See that image of the Necrons and Blood Angels throwing out the brofist over dead Tyranids?

Yeah someone wrote that.

Not some sad internet fanfic writer, either.

It's in the BA codex, apparently. That's some real shit.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I call bullshit on the allies rules because they TOOK ALLIES AWAY FROM ME! AHHHHH!

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Nax wrote: »
    The Space Wolves-Orks-Drinking-Binge Alliance is going to be even more awkward.

Why would you ever ally with orks when you can just build an army of Thunderwolves and Railguns....

holy shit

ya....

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'd be inclined to believe the allies rumour because it is a solution to GW's problem. And by problem, I mean "How do we sell even more models?"

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    I'd like to point out how amazingly this all fits in with my thread title.

That is all

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Mystery.ShadowMystery.Shadow Registered User regular
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Wait wait wait

See that image of the Necrons and Blood Angels throwing out the brofist over dead Tyranids?

Yeah someone wrote that.

Not some sad internet fanfic writer, either.

It's in the BA codex, apparently. That's some real shit.

206656_md-bloodangelsbrofistfistbumphumorhumourmatwardnecrons.jpg?w=645&h=516

It's also in the Necron Codex as well.

WARNING! MMO Addiction can Prevent Long-Term Employment, a Meaningful Relationship, and Financial Independence. When's the Next Raid?

I Spent 90% of my Money on Women and Warhammer. The Rest I Wasted.
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    because mat ward that's why

also fuck you, that's why

SJ on
    BA were fighting some Necrons. Battling it out and killing each other like you'd expect. Tyranid's show up. BA and Necrons look at the new threat and say to themselves, "Well fuck.... That is a much bigger threat!" so they each individually start fighting the Tyranids. The Tyranids are defeated. The Necron leader was one of the ones that still adheres to the old ways and the rules of honourable combat, etc. The Blood Angels realized that they sustained heavy, heavy losses, and they could not continue the fight against the Necrons with the reduced troop strength, so each side let the other go on its way.

The internet interprets that as them being best buds now.

That doesn't sound as bad as the internet says.

mmhmm

At the same time I still think the Inquisition should destroy the sons of Sanguinius and Russ, since they're heretics.

you forgot about the part where the blood angels didn't want to fight against their honorable allies

Well, the thing is this: The Inquisition can't really do shit to the Adeptus Astartes. The Astartes tolerate them because they respect the fact that the Emperor left the High Lords in charge, and the High Lords trust the Inquisition. As soon as the Inquisition step on the toes of the Astartes and don't back down, the Astartes will wipe them out.

They went after the Wolves and the Wolves destroyed their fleet. They backed off. I have zero doubt in my mind that if they had sent another fleet, Grimnar would have gone on a full scale offensive. I also have no doubt that it could have caused another civil war. This is why the only thing I hope is true from that rumors list is the fact that the Astartes are finally going to stop putting up with Terra's shit.

I think that was mostly an Administratum not Inquisitorial fleet

The Inquisition has had chapters killed off before

Yesyesyes kill all space wolves. They're SORCERORS!

I'm reading Void Hunter right now and it is awesome

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    SJ wrote: »
    I'm reading Void Hunter right now and it is awesome

Word. It's such a good book.

edited May 2012
    Well, it was the Ecclesiarchy, sorry. I feel like my point still stands, though. Same principle

EDIT: And the Inquisition has had chapters destroyed for some pretty serious reasons that were supported by the Astartes that had to enact the killing. Turning on the Space Wolves, though? The Blood Angels? No other chapter in the Imperium would willingly even attempt that. That is the main point I was trying to make, I guess. Law is just spouting crazy talk :P

I'd like to read that reaction though... Some crazy fucking High Lord declaring war on the Wolves.... then Dante, Calgar, and Tu'Shan show up and they're all, "Wait, what? No."

Nax on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Wasn't even really the ecclesiarchy by that point. I mean sure it was led by a cardinal, but he'd basically made himself generalissimo of his own little republic by duping a bunch of worlds into thinking the Vandire thing had ripped the whole imperium apart and uniting under him was their only hope of salvation. So he actually ended up with something more like the Imperial Army from the days of the Heresy under his command. Except for the Space Marine contingent of course.
    Then the fool decided to throw the whole lot at the second most secure fortress in the imperium after Holy Terra itself and, naturally, got his butt kicked.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Celestial Lions.

This discussion has been closed.