As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HULK SMASH PUNY BOX OFFICE RECORDS!

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Iron Man was a super fun movie.

When someone tries to do a "fun" batman movie you get Batman and Robin.

What about The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight was super-fun

Oh yeah, sure...
    Hey remember that scene where Harvey gets half his face burned off and his girl friend, who Bruce Wayne is in love with, gets blown up?

Popcorn moment, that.

Good times.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »

the dark knight was a really serious movie that was fun to watch

iron man was a movie that was just havin a hoot with iron man

I think that's the character though

Iron Man is just a more fun character. Bruce Wayne broods. Tony Stark actually acts like a billionaire. I think Iron Man 1 is probably about as serious as Iron Man film could get.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Hell, Ultimate Galactus Trilogy for example. Seems somewhat similar to certain Mass Effect enemy!
    Yeah when I was explaining the Ultimate Universe to Pharezon

and I got to Gah Lak Tus

I was just like WAIT WHEN DID THIS COME OUT OH GOD

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    Think about this shit. Your Garrus would be Captain America. Dum Dum Dugan would be all jealous and shit

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    who'd be the crazy lady that's racist against superheroes that I leave with a giant bomb?

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options

Iron Man is just a more fun character. Bruce Wayne broods. Tony Stark actually acts like a billionaire. I think Iron Man 1 is probably about as serious as Iron Man film could get.
    Nope.

Iron Man wasn't the snarky, comical playboy we know until Iron Man

he was still rich and liked sleeping around, but he had none of the personality

the only story pre-movie that is similar to RDJ Stark is Extremis, which itself had an influence on the film

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Let's Beat The Shit Out of A Populated City

Or a avengers game that blatantly rips off mass effect, where you're gathering dudes as nick or maria hill

Would feel different than Mass Effect, since your party would totally outclass you, one way or another.

I mean, Fury's cool, but the whole game would consist of being taken down a peg by Stark at every opportunity.

except you're nick fury and that means you know about the time stark jerked off on a dog in third grade

Basically. And Shepard surrounded himself with people that can do shit he cannot do all the time. Hell, really ME2 was like forming The Ultimates. Just take that idea to its logical conclusion. Helicarrier? You know how many dope possibilities exist there?

Technically, yes, as everyone that has ever lived (and some furniture) is a better dancer than Shepard.

But when it comes to smashing faces, she's the best there is at what she does.

Fury's a badass, but his skillset is more command oriented. He's not even the best baseline human combatant in SHIELD's employ for the films. (That'd be Barton or Romanova)

It wouldn't be playing Shepard. It'd be playing Hackett.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I want a Hackett fleet battle simulator stat

• Options
    Look I mean like comic fury

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    as long as I can have frank castle in my cargo hold, i'm good

See! TLB knows!

I wouldn't do ultimate galactus, though

Probably Kree/Skrull War

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Take prototype, make it multiplayer with superheroes.

• Options
    Do what you need to do, video game industry. If Obsidian is gonna make some garbage South Park game you can cater to my irrational whims

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Guess who isn't seeing avengers until next weekend now because their mom is sick and has work to do

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Nope.

the only story pre-movie that is similar to RDJ Stark is Extremis, which itself had an influence on the film

But that doesn't conflict with his character, right?

I feel like having Bruce Wayne actually have fun with his wealth would just feel wrong

That's why I loved how in Batman Begins he asked Alfred what he should be doing, to which he responded "Date supermodels, drive expensive cars, and buy things that can't be bought." In the next scene he got out of his sports car with a model on each arm and proceeded to buy a hotel that wasn't for sale. Like a checklist, because the man doesn't know how to truly have fun in his life.

And when I said "Dark Knight was fun," I don't think that "fun" necessarily equates to bright lights, one liners and light drama. I think dark films can be just as much fun to watch.

• Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    On the first end credits scene
    I've just remembered that the infinity gauntlet was one of the thingies Odin had in his vault in 'Thor'. If Thanos is coming to Earth then what do you think the odds are that the gauntlet shows up?

• Options

Nope.

But that doesn't conflict with his character, right?

I feel like having Bruce Wayne actually have fun with his wealth would just feel wrong

That's why I loved how in Batman Begins he asked Alfred what he should be doing, to which he responded "Date supermodels, drive expensive cars, and buy things that can't be bought." In the next scene he got out of his sports car with a model on each arm and proceeded to buy a hotel that wasn't for sale. Like a checklist, because the man doesn't know how to truly have fun in his life.

And when I said "Dark Knight was fun," I don't think that "fun" necessarily equates to bright lights, one liners and light drama. I think dark films can be just as much fun to watch.
    There is a difference between Batman being Tony Stark and Batman still having fun

there are loads of great Batman stories where Bruce enjoys himself as Batman, experimenting with new tech and trying things out

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I've just remembered that the infinity gauntlet was one of the thingies Odin had in his vault in 'Thor'. If Thanos is coming to Earth then what do you think the odds are that the gauntlet shows up?

This is precisely what I am hoping for.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

I've been thinking about this a bunch.
    I love the shit out of the infinity gauntlet series, and it's possible they could bring it in, but there's so fucking much involved in the original Infinity Gauntlet arc that would be so fucking hard to deal with. Silver Surfer. Warlock, Strange, The Celestials. Not having the rights to include the Fantastic Four, necessarily. The fact that it was basically resolved with a "wish it never happened" deus ex machina at the end. It would be fucking amazing, but they'd have a shitload of work to do to set it up.

Whatever they do, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the next movie revolve around the uncomfortableness of having a huge group of superheroes in New York and how the council was basically super pissed at Fury for disobeying orders, misinformation getting out like we saw at the end of this movie about who was really responsible and some of the Avengers and other super heroes becoming a bit more disfavorable in the public eye, leading up to the third movie being all about the Civil War arc.

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Hell, Ultimate Galactus Trilogy for example. Seems somewhat similar to certain Mass Effect enemy!
    Yeah when I was explaining the Ultimate Universe to Pharezon

and I got to Gah Lak Tus

I was just like WAIT WHEN DID THIS COME OUT OH GOD

God the art in the final act of that was so fucking atrocious I vomited every time I turned the page.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Take prototype, make it multiplayer with superheroes.

or take a game that is fun

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    the thing you need to realize is that batman is essentially a child pretending to be what he thinks an adult is, and iron man is an adult acting the way you'd think a child would

and both, to some degree, are coping mechanisms

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

So do I, come to think.

Hmm.

Think Cap would work better for the lead in a ME style game.

If you play as Fury, his "knowing all the secrets" bit would be limited by gameplay considerations. You'd know what he knows, and vice versa. No mystery.

Play as someone lower on the ladder, and he can pull things out without feeling like cheating.

• Options

I love the shit out of the infinity gauntlet series, and it's possible they could bring it in, but there's so fucking much involved in the original Infinity Gauntlet arc that would be so fucking hard to deal with. Silver Surfer. Warlock, Strange, The Celestials. Not having the rights to include the Fantastic Four, necessarily. The fact that it was basically resolved with a "wish it never happened" deus ex machina at the end. It would be fucking amazing, but they'd have a shitload of work to do to set it up.

Whatever they do, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the next movie revolve around the uncomfortableness of having a huge group of superheroes in New York and how the council was basically super pissed at Fury for disobeying orders, misinformation getting out like we saw at the end of this movie about who was really responsible and some of the Avengers and other super heroes becoming a bit more disfavorable in the public eye, leading up to the third movie being all about the Civil War arc.
    Well
    the chances of them straight up adapting the Infinity Gauntlet are pretty slim.

I mean, they could definitely do a story similar to it, but there is no way in hell they are gonna do a wholesale job with it.

But it is really looking like Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy are going to be two of the pre-Avengers 2 movies, which should definitely help build up the cosmic side of things.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

So do I, come to think.

Datapad

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod

Well

I mean, they could definitely do a story similar to it, but there is no way in hell they are gonna do a wholesale job with it.

But it is really looking like Dr. Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy are going to be two of the pre-Avengers 2 movies, which should definitely help build up the cosmic side of things.
    yeah, I wouldn't expect them to do a straight up adaptation of it, but it'd be a pain in the dick to do a decent job of dealing with the Infinity Gauntlet without a lot of involvement with Strange/Warlock and the Celestials. Hopefully they can pull that off with the Dr Strange movie, which I really hope will be awesome as hell, because it really deserves it. He's an underappreciated character that usually got some pretty bum deals in terms of story arcs that got way too confusing or weird. He's got a lot of potential, and I'd fucking love to see a version of The Watcher done well on the big screen. I don't know why, but I've always liked the idea of The Watcher.

8406wWN.png
  • Options

Well

yeah, I wouldn't expect them to do a straight up adaptation of it, but it'd be a pain in the dick to do a decent job of dealing with the Infinity Gauntlet without a lot of involvement with Strange/Warlock and the Celestials. Hopefully they can pull that off with the Dr Strange movie, which I really hope will be awesome as hell, because it really deserves it. He's an underappreciated character that usually got some pretty bum deals in terms of story arcs that got way too confusing or weird. He's got a lot of potential, and I'd fucking love to see a version of The Watcher done well on the big screen. I don't know why, but I've always liked the idea of The Watcher.
    I honestly have no idea if
    The Watcher is tied up with the F4 rights.

Dude showed up there first and has been present in a lot of their stories.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Yeah, I agree. I still hope it can happen though :)

• Options
    Do not ruin my idea! I'm so close to getting off you have no idea!

Man I like Rank's idea, but a big part of this was suspension of disbelief actually working and the intricacies of the films working together through those easter eggs. I doubt its going to get overly complicated. To my surprise, for all the special effects and fight scenes, nothing seems overstated. It wasn't especially an intellectual affair, but who gives a shit. It delivered as advertised. Kids were happy, I was happy, that guy in Abed Batman costume for the Batman trailer was happy

• Options
    Yeah they managed to make it feel intricate if you paid attention to the little things in the previous films, but still explain enough of it that Avengers is fully capable of standing alone

which they will definitely need to keep doing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular

Well

Pretty much this. And honestly I'd much rather they tell their own story with Thanos than adapt the Infinity Gauntlet exactly. Like I'm sure it may be used in whatever story they end up with but I don't think we'll be seeing the same events happen.

• Options
    Actually yeah, on the subject of easter eggs and clues seeded by Marvel
    So far I've seen references to Ant Man, Black Panther, Union Jack, Namor, The Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom. Have I missed anything? I suck at noticing stuff.

• Options
    Also, as theater crabby as I get if you got mad at kids during this movie break your own jaw

• Options
    So far I've seen references to Ant Man, Black Panther, Union Jack, Namor, The Mandarin and Fin Fang Foom. Have I missed anything? I suck at noticing stuff.
    Whoa there
    Where are the Ant-Man, Black Panther, Union Jack, Namor and Foom references?

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I hear Amadeus Cho was one of the civvies interviewed at the end.

• Options
    i'm just hoping to see
    more of maria hill coming into her role. I know colbie has a six movie deal, and there should be enough appearances where she goes from random shield agent to queen bitch of civiil war. I have no complaints with her avengers stuff as turning her into comics maria hill without the relative amount of exposure to supers would've been dumb.

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Also, as theater crabby as I get if you got mad at kids during this movie break your own jaw
    Second time I saw it, in the scene where Thor tries to attack Cap and gets rebounded, a little boy that couldn't have been more than three or four years old was like "Nice try, Thor!" and everyone was like "D'awwwww"

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular

Well

Honestly, given the fact that Guardians and Strange are shaping up to be the next Marvel tentpoles, and based on their previous strategy for post-credits scenes, I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled another Thor and had Thanos be the big bad in one of them (presumably Guardians, since what they need in a villain is someone truly monolithic to highlight the desperation involved in assembling the team), and then have him come back all Guantlet'd up in Avengers 2.

• Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Are there any screencaps of
    Thanos? Like even shitty cam ones. I wanna stare at him.

• Options
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    tumblr_m3egdclrsC1qk9ysmo1_400.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Seriously, don't click this unless you're ready for a massive spoiler

This discussion has been closed.