As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    I saw Avengers two days ago and I am still geeking out about it. I find myself lost in thought about it. Squees of delight are silenced only by the little dignity I have in my body.

this is what The Cabin in the Woods did for me. Avengers, not so much. What the hell, man. I'm in a world where I've liked two projects that whedon was involved in, back to back.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    ronya wrote: »
    jesus christ I'm not a physicist, where are all the physicists, get into that thread

Physicists are too busy getting funding from universities

:rotate:

Yesssssss

Twist the blade!

• Options
    Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Alright, I'm off to Avenge some things.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    the funny thing is that all that funding comes from arts student tuition, at least in north america

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    You two are describing A UFC VIDEOGAME!

the problem is that real life fighting looks stupid as hell

silly cartoon fighting with lasers and jumpkicks is way better

ClayFighter-SculptorsCutUsnap0000.jpg

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    clayfighter was terrible, i believe

i don't really remember

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    evil M, I think you've answered this before, but are you at all interested in Persona 4 Arena

i haven't looked into it very deeply, but a) it looks like a marvel-style long combos, high damage output game, which is not my cup of tea, and b) i never played persona games since they look like they have a lot of weeaboo high school dating sim shit that is absolutely intolerable

so no

there are some people in the SE++ fighting game thread who are interested though
    ah, okay

I have almost no idea about the nuances of fighting games, but I have never been able to really grasp the combo stuff. I will probably rent it, though

also, the weaboo high school dating sim stuff is not nearly as bad as it sounds.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    I saw Avengers two days ago and I am still geeking out about it. I find myself lost in thought about it. Squees of delight are silenced only by the little dignity I have in my body.

this is what The Cabin in the Woods did for me. Avengers, not so much. What the hell, man. I'm in a world where I've liked two projects that whedon was involved in, back to back.

He's still Whedon. Never let him fool you. And you can totally tell in Avengers.
    Killing Coulson, really? The agent full of childlike wonder and joy? Such a Whedon move.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    persona 4 is amazing

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

He's still Whedon. Never let him fool you. And you can totally tell in Avengers.
    Killing Coulson, really? The agent full of childlike wonder and joy? Such a Whedon move.

No no if it was truly 100% Whedon controlled... Avengers spoilerish.
    He would of killed Pepper. Instead we got her in the shortest shorts ever. Damn..so short.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Isn't Persona the video game series that promotes youth suicide?

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    the funny thing is that all that funding comes from arts student tuition, at least in north america

In my college I think it's a relatively even split with regards to where tuition comes from (There are more arts students but science degrees cost significantly more) however most funding at a masters/phd level comes from external bodies so that doesn't really matter.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    ...yes

yes it is

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Fuck links.

Fuck 'em.

• Options
    Mazzyx wrote: »

He would of killed Pepper. Instead we got her in the shortest shorts ever. Damn..so short.

Oh I'm sure he went to the suits and was like
    Which girlfriend can I kill? And they were like....we'll give you Coulson.

• Options
    My friends are playing 'hardcore' pokemon. You are only allowed to catch the first pokemon you find in an area (if you kill it you are screwed for that area). If a pokemon dies it is dead forever, now allowed to res it. No items outside of combat. Some other situplations.

I worry about my friends.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    ...yes

yes it is

just persona 3, though

persona 2 actually has, like, almost no high school stuff as far as I know, most of the PCs are, like, college students and adults with actual jobs and so on

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    My friends are playing 'hardcore' pokemon. You are only allowed to catch the first pokemon you find in an area (if you kill it you are screwed for that area). If a pokemon dies it is dead forever, now allowed to res it. No items outside of combat. Some other situplations.

Doesn't that go against the whole motto of the game?

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

I absolutely loved the Avengers but
    Killing Coulson was totally in keeping with Whedon's MO. Coulson was absolutely the Wash of the movie (and also completely expendable due to being a movie-exclusive character).

• Options

Going to make this worse...
    Coulson's actor is rumored to be signed for the just announced Nick Fury movie. Also rumors and statements lead us to believe he will also be in Iron Man 3.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular

Sounds like animal cruelty to me

• Options

as you should. These are the same people that play no-upgrades metroid and castelvania and megaman

I.E. idiots

• Options
    Winky wrote: »

I absolutely loved the Avengers but
    Killing Coulson was totally in keeping with Whedon's MO. Coulson was absolutely the Wash of the movie (and also completely expendable due to being a movie-exclusive character).

More Avengers stuff...
    He has shown up in a few comics now. I guess he is suppose to show up in on of the Ultimate comics this year as an Agent of SHIELD.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012

Coulson's actor is rumored to be signed for the just announced Nick Fury movie. Also rumors and statements lead us to believe he will also be in Iron Man 3.

Oh?
    It's gonna all be in Flashbacks. Mazzy my heart can't handle it. I have to believe he's dead. Because if I start believing he's not and he is, it will break me.

Ludious on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular

Yeah, strictly speaking
    apart from the line "He's gone", there's not much definitive evidence that Coulson did die. Bad shape, certainly, but some expensive and timely medical intervention could work wonders in the comic world.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    That's just Pokemon Souls.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    So a five guys has opened here.

What is worth eating there?

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »

The fries.

• Options

nothing.
    It's so overrated.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

Five Guys sells hamburgers, fries, hot dogs, and some sandwiches.

It's not really a place where you peruse the menu.

• Options
    Also in the Marvel thread about the Avengers...
    One of the theories is he will be back as Vision. I don't buy it but it is possible.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Yeah, strictly speaking
    apart from the line "He's gone", there's not much definitive evidence that Coulson did die. Bad shape, certainly, but some expensive and timely medical intervention could work wonders in the comic world.
    Cyborg with alien technology built into him? :o

• Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That's just Pokemon Souls.

a pokemon game with, like, dark souls style combat and exploration would be amazing

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular

Yeah, strictly speaking
    It's also very fitting with the whole "bloody trading cards" manipulation that Fury was doing.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    I want to watch The Head.

yGxvf.png
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    In which we precipitate the formation of a singularity:
    poshniallo wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    Don't try to out pedant me.

You need to be a better pedant.

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I thought it was a place with in n out levels of awesome oh well

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Well I hope you guys are right.
    Needless to say Coulson is one of my favorite characters and my heart broke when that dagger went through his.

• Options

Some people say its amazing, never eaten there myself. I imagine whatever type of burger you usually like will be a solid choice there.

• Options
    edited May 2012

Some people love it, to be fair. I think that's it's overpriced for a burger that is on-par with Sit down restaurant burger prices without the tableside service. But pricing and quality YMMV

Ludious on
This discussion has been closed.