As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    How much is a burger at five guys?

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Five Guys depends on who is running it. The whole franchise thing. The one I go too my burger is always hot and fresh. They have fresh grilled onions. I like the fries and it has good ice tea. If I just grab a single patty with cheese and toppings it is like 5 bucks for an good fresh burger.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Inquisitor wrote: »

a cheeseburger and an order of fries and a drink here is about 11 bucks. Which is even with like Chilis or Applebees or even Outback (ONLY FOR THE BURGER meal and a drink)

Ludious on
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    So is this like, a real game that I can play? Because I will play it.

Yeah its a side event at UFGT8

Also the order of fries are huge. My family, 3 people, can split one and have left overs. It is basically, here is a cup of fries, and a second cup in your bag.

u7stthr17eud.png

Online menu says a cheeseburger(2 patties) is 5.99.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    tube is just getting dark now

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    What you want to do is go to Five Guys for the fries and then somewhere else for the burger.

Ludious wrote: »

a cheeseburger and an order of fries and a drink here is about 11 bucks. Which is even with like Chilis or Applebees or even Outback (ONLY FOR THE BURGER meal and a drink)

That's really expensive for a fast food burger, In-n-Out is like $6.50 or so for the combo. If I am paying $11 for a burger I feel like I might as well go all out and go to a nice burger place, probably end up spending $15 for the meal but get an absolutely orgasmic burger. $11 straddles some weird middle line between fast food and pure bliss.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

Hmm?

That's really expensive for a fast food burger, In-n-Out is like $6.50 or so for the combo. If I am paying $11 for a burger I feel like I might as well go all out and go to a nice burger place, probably end up spending $15 for the meal but get an absolutely orgasmic burger. $11 straddles some weird middle line between fast food and pure bliss.

Burgers range from 4 bucks to 5.99. The fries are like double orders and they are home fries and fucking delicious. It isn't really fast food, it is the weird place between fast food and sit down.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    _J_ wrote: »

Hmm?
    http://www.own3d.tv/Tubect

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Direct from my Five Guys Online Order Page:
    Order Contents
    1xCheeseburger$5.79
    [ edit | remove ]
    All the Way
    1xRegular Fries$2.89
    [ edit | remove ]
    1xRegular Drink$2.09
    [ edit | remove ]

SUB TOTAL
    $10.77

TAX
    $0.75

TOTAL
    $11.52

Outback Order Page:
    Outback Steakhouse 2 Items

Check Out

Cancel Order

Continue to make your selections from the menu page or press the 'Check Out' button above.

Coca-Cola $1.79
    Delete
    Edit

NEW! Aged Cheddar Bacon Burger $8.99
    Delete
    Edit

Medium: Warm Pink Center/Touch of Red
    Aussie Fries
    No Add-on Soup or Salad, Thank You (click Add to Order to proceed)
    No Add-On Mates, Thank You (click Add to Order to proceed)

Subtotal $10.78
    Tax * $0.75
    Total $11.53

whew a whole penny extra for sitting there and being served.

Add in the tip to the second Lud. Also if I am by myself I don't get fries. They give way too many fries. Way too many for one man.

Actually I don't buy normal's(Its a double patty). That is way too much as well. Especially with all the toppings.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kagera wrote: »
    So a five guys has opened here.

What is worth eating there?

nothing.
    It's so overrated.

diaf

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
    Five Guys has a tip jar too?

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Add in the tip to the second Lud. Also if I am by myself I don't get fries. They give way too many fries. Way too many for one man.

Actually I don't buy normal's(Its a double patty). That is way too much as well. Especially with all the toppings.

i get fries with my burger when i'm alone
    because i am not a girly man and can eat more potatoes in one sitting than the entire country of ireland

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    Five Guys has a tip jar too?

Mine doesn't.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Five guys burgers are so much better than Outback burgers, which are objectively, provably, and repeatably terrible.

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Five Guys is way better than fast food. A combo at Wendy's is like $8 and it's still less food and not as good. I don't see the price difference to be that crazy. I am not going to cry over 2-3 dollars.

And yeah, no table service so there is no tip.

And date with girl set up, of course this is happening when I already have concrete plans to leave the country.

Of course.

Oh well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Cat Corra is just terrible.

When it comes to Food Televsion women need to get OUT of the kitchen.

I see tip jars.

They are optional, just like every other tip jar is.

sit down tips are optional too though so I don't get the argument

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    ronya wrote: »
    In which we precipitate the formation of a singularity:
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Don't try to out pedant me.

You need to be a better pedant.

I thought about wading into that thread, but it is frustrating to see people trying to contort oversimplified or erroneous definitions around concepts that usually take people a good couple of years of undergraduate study to wrap their heads around.

That goes for both sides, to some degree, but I'm thinking particularly of J's insistence on treating electrons as individual objects, rather than as a convenient shorthand for mathematical abstractions of effect.

$8 for a combo at Wendy's? Well now I'm not sad at all that there are none in my area.

• GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    five guys is dee lish

so is smash burger

and shake shack

man i love ham burgers

919UOwT.png
    Tube is giving up the secrets of the mods.

u7stthr17eud.png

This post makes satan jealous.

No they aren't. Seriously? Tips at a restaurant contribute to their shitty pay. Unless people in a fast food restaurant make less than minimum wage then the tipping is totally different.

Did Five Guys like run over and then shit on your dog or something. You have a fit whenever we mention it.

Unless this is a "troll".

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Hmm?
    http://www.own3d.tv/Tubect

Is that Tube Tube?

Gooey wrote: »
    five guys is dee lish

so is smash burger

and shake shack

man i love ham burgers

I had Shake Shack in DC. I was unimpressed. It was actually pretty bad. Smash burger isn't that bad. I like five guys more just for the fries if anything.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I'm happy I live in civilized california where you are not allowed to pay waiters less than minimum wage.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    lol tipping

Mazzyx wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    five guys is dee lish

so is smash burger

and shake shack

man i love ham burgers

I had Shake Shack in DC. I was unimpressed. It was actually pretty bad. Smash burger isn't that bad. I like five guys more just for the fries if anything.

actually I've heard all the shake shacks outside of NYC are not good

i had shake shack every sunday for lunch when i was living in nyc and it was awesome every time so /shrug

919UOwT.png
    Now Tube is ranting about cicadas. I think his brain is broken.

u7stthr17eud.png
    Sarksus wrote: »

No they aren't. Seriously? Tips at a restaurant contribute to their shitty pay. Unless people in a fast food restaurant make less than minimum wage then the tipping is totally different.

Did Five Guys like run over and then shit on your dog or something. You have a fit whenever we mention it.

Unless this is a "troll".

It is a beautiful faux troll that is rapidly approaching the limits of poe's law.

wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is also really good

919UOwT.png
    I'm not trolling and I'm not having a fit. Kags asked for opinions on Five Guys. I gave mine. There was some incredulity at my claim that sit downs are the same price as five guys. I posted proof. Tipping was brought up. I said my Five Guys has a tip jar so there's effectively no difference from my perspective. If there is a tip jar, I tip. MS has some of the worst employee protections ever so hell those kids might very well depend on those tips just as well so I don't take any chances. But yes, as shitty as it is, tips -are- always optional technically speaking.

But no I don't HATE Five Guys at all. I just am always amazed at the mysticism surrounding a mediocre burger shop that is a bit overpriced.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    1336351517696041.jpg

This discussion has been closed.