As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Prime] Girls' Meetup: Tickets on sale now

EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Tickets are on sale now. They will be on sale until August 27 11:59PM Pacific Time. Until this point you will be able to either transfer tickets or get a refund. I leave Tucson for Seattle August 28 and will have limited internet access, therefore there will be NO refunds after this point. You will be able to transfer tickets until August 30. If you could put your forum name into the purchase notes that would be greatly appreciated.

What: Welcome ladies to the third annual PAX Prime Women's Meetup. What is the women's meetup? You might ask. Well, it is a fantastic event where the ladies of PAX get together for brunch, morning cocktails and nerdy chatter Sunday morning at 10am.

Where: This year it will once again be held at the Diller Room, located mere blocks from the convention center. Rob, the owner is a fantastic host and the ladies who attended last year can confirm that the food and drinks were fantastic.

When: Sunday morning at 10:00am

Who: The girls of PAX. This is a very inclusive meetup and is open to all ages (sorry youngins, but you WILL NOT be partaking in the morning cocktails) and chromosome arrangement. Are you a girl who attends PAX? You are invited.

Why: Because this is an awesome way to expand your social network and meet some amazing like-minded women who are into the same nerderies as you, eat some good foodz, and drink some fantastic cocktails (as long as you are over 21).

How much: Tickets are $17+wepay charges and will include a buffet of tasty foods, and coffee, tea and juice. Drinks of the alcoholic variety will be extra and will be up to you to pay for. Wow Eep, you might say, that is rather pricy. Yes, this is more than you would pay for a cheap breakfast at IHop. However, we are getting the entire Diller Room to ourselves and there will be a nice buffet of very good food.

Also, I have written a little poem to all of the boys who will see this thread and feel the need to respond
Dear boys,

We know you think it's witty and arty
To say that you will crash our party.
However, of our patience this is a misuse
and just makes you look like a flaming asshole *coughs* I mean, silly goose.

We have considered our motives and have decided
that girl time should be encouraged and not derided.
It's not that we don't love you bunches
but we don't need testosterone with all of our lunches.

And yes, you are free to have a boys only mob
Just start your own thread, planning one isn't my job.
Ladies, I'm excited to meet you all, oh very
So let's have this party, be girly and make merry!

Attendees (Attendees who have paid are in bold)
MEEEE! I will be there!
agony42
akjak
alegria
appletart
arwen_doll16_LOTR
astillac
BaghdadBean
BombClancy
bucketsjen
CaptainTapole
courtneyj
Covet
DashD
dshiure
Enigmas
eStalker
Fenrisfang
geekyglamorous
Goddess
irikah
Jenny_Spaghetti
kemikal
LewieP's Mummy
Liger
Little Miss Rachel
Maledicte
Masquerade78
Menlolly07
PrincessCleo
ProjektSoul
punzie
Saldek
shortforstormtrouper
shufeltsr
shugarae
sleepygeckos
SwordMage
Tar3820
vespachica
vgc
Warpie
Zazum

FAQ
Can I come if I am under 21? Yes! This is an all ages event, despite us being a bunch of lushes. However, you will not be allowed to drink. Do not even try as we want to stay on good terms with the Diller Room.
Can I bring my child? Yes? However, there is not a children's ticket price nor is it an environment that I would call kid friendly in the least. It is definitely something I do not recommend for young children.
What happens if I can't come at the last minute? When tickets go on sale there will be information about the final date you can request refunds or transfers. I make that date as close to the start of PAX as humanly possible, but after that point you are just out of luck as I will not be checking my email and monitoring that kind of thing once PAX starts.

Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
Moe Fwacky on

• alegriaalegria Registered User regular
    YES. I'm coming again this year, and hopefully bringing at least one new guest. The place last year was lovely. :)

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
  • SwordMageSwordMage Registered User regular
    I fail to see the problem with this. *grin*

SwordMage, aka Willa
    ---
    twitter: SwordMage86
    XBL: SwordMagelet
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    In. Last year's venue was quite nice, would attend again!

akjak on
    Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Jenny_SpaghettiJenny_Spaghetti I am 3 ginger midgets in a trench coat. Calgary, CanadalandRegistered User regular
    MEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

• vespachicavespachica SeattleRegistered User regular
    I wasn't able to go last year due to Omeganaut status (too overwhelmed) plus hauling a 12 year old around. This year will be different, mostly due to normal PAX status and my kid will be 13. I'm in!

ufq9gj8383nh.png

• LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    Yay! I was looking for this! I'm coming to PAX again this year - one of the fortunate few who managed to get her tickets before the meltdown. Count me in, I'll be there!

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • shortforstormtroopershortforstormtrooper Pittsburgh, PARegistered User new member
    First-time PAX attendee, but count me in! I'm rooming with a few incredible lady-strangers, and will be sure to mention this to them.

• courtneyjcourtneyj Newcastle, WARegistered User regular
    I got scared and bailed on it last year. BUT NOT THIS YEAR MY FRIENDS.

• LigerLiger Registered User regular
    As usual if I'm not on duty, I'll be there!

5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    If there are bloody marys I am totally down.

• tardcoretardcore Registered User regular
    Can I come if I'm a dude? I will TOTALLY paint your nails and we can eat ice cream and watch romantic comedies and have pillow fights.

• irikahirikah Registered User regular
    Would love to -finally- attend, especially as the financial problems that plagued me last Prime have been dealt with.

Greatly looking forward to this, yay!

.life.laugh.love.
  • EruditeAphroditeEruditeAphrodite Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    tardcore wrote: »
    Can I come if I'm a dude? I will TOTALLY paint your nails and we can eat ice cream and watch romantic comedies and have pillow fights.

Ahhh, every year it has to be someone.

(from last year)

Dear boys,

EruditeAphrodite on
    Pretty Gamer - Your one-stop shop for female gamers and geeks. Written by women, for women. Because we all deserve to feel pretty.
    lizpirate wrote: »
    If there are bloody marys I am totally down.

The place we had it last year had THE most amazing bloody marys I have ever had. They were a true work of art.

• shufeltsrshufeltsr Registered User new member
    I want to come!

• CovetCovet Registered User regular
    Definitely in this year. If there's any way I can be of assistance for planning, let me know.

• PrincessCleoPrincessCleo Registered User regular
    YAY! I had fun last year and want to go again this year. We managed to snag our passes before the epic vendor meltdown last week so we're good to go.

• vgcvgc United StatesRegistered User regular
    Why not? I decided to be more social this year and I would love to meet all the ladies of PAX! Sounds like it was a fun time last year!

• geekyglamorousgeekyglamorous Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    This sounds promising! Break out the mimosas please and thank you.

• arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    I would like to come if It doesn't conflict with the mass effect meetup! I assume details are to come? :) I have never been so if there is any protocall let me know :)

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • CovetCovet Registered User regular
    I would like to come if It doesn't conflict with the mass effect meetup! I assume details are to come? :) I have never been so if there is any protocall let me know :)

Usually EruditeAphrodite will update the thread with the event details and a link to purchase tickets. Just keep an eye on this thread and you'll be all set!

Covet is spot on. I just wanted to get the date and time on everyone's calendar. I will post more information as I get it together. n.n

• astillacastillac Registered User regular
    You know I'm down for booze before noon. <3

• eStalkereStalker Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    i would love to go! i won't know anyone but if i'm drunk then WHO CARES???

• EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular
    The space last year was perfect. Food and drinks were super tasty.
    I'm in again and will likely be bringing at least the other two ladies I brought last year.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • EnigmasEnigmas Registered User regular

Ahhh, every year it has to be someone.

(from last year)

Dear boys,

This needs to go in the OP again, too. Silly boys.

3DS: 4871-3908-4971
    Hungry? The Cookie Brigade!
    PAX Prime 2013 Buttoneer! Main Design! And the Creeper is still waiting for you...

Slytherin House Elf for the Order of the Phoenix!
    Just because we're arrogant, doesn't mean we're (completely) evil.
  • Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    BOOZE!!!!!! I mean....... Girls' Meet-up....

Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    How big is the group for this usually? I'd kind of like to go, but I'm always so awkward around girls despite being one. I always feel like I'll end up offending someone. :c

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    kemikal wrote: »
    How big is the group for this usually? I'd kind of like to go, but I'm always so awkward around girls despite being one. I always feel like I'll end up offending someone. :c

The day you offend one of the female PAXians will be...most likely never. Not saying this on behalf of ALL girls--just the girls I know from here and the Twitters. It's difficult to offend someone...unless you come at them about their family, but that is so totally a different story. And to answer your actual question, I am not too sure how big it was last year since I went to a different brunch.

Anywho! I really want to do this, but I have been missing the Dim-Sum meet-up one as well for so long. I will contemplate on where to go until the time has come to finally choose.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.

I would expect at least 100 women at this meetup with the growth from past years. Also, most of the women who attend aren't "traditionally" girly. More like... filthy mouthed drunken sailors who make the boys look like they are heading to high tea.

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    This sounds like a blast. Would love to meet some of the ladies of PAX. I will have to make sure my hubby has something to do that morning without me.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I would expect at least 100 women at this meetup with the growth from past years. Also, most of the women who attend aren't "traditionally" girly. More like... filthy mouthed drunken sailors who make the boys look like they are heading to high tea.

This makes me feel better I guess. :P
    Plus I would really like to make some more girl friends, even if we don't always game together! I'm pretty lacking in that department aha....

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • bucketsjenbucketsjen Registered User new member
    This will be my first time at PAX, and I think this sounds like fun! Count me in.

• MaledicteMaledicte Registered User regular
    I will be there this year (first time to girls meetup, 3rd time to PAX prime) +1 PAX noob!

Tea, Earl Grey, hot.
    Wooo, Captain Tapole is coming!!!

• CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Apparently, my decision has been finalized since I have a request of my presence. Weird, but yay!!!

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • alegriaalegria Registered User regular

Yeah, what she said. As long as you're not directly insulting someone about their clothing, parents, pets, children, or personal habits, it's gonna be pretty hard to offend most of us. There tend to be some crafty discussions (last year I talked to someone about making lampwork glass beads, and the year before that I was near Liger and thus talked about chainmail), and a group of us was working on the PAX XP puzzle, and there was a discussion about writing, and one about booze, and a bunch of other stuff I'm sure. :) There's bound to be someone you'll enjoy talking to!

Rw4xnu6.png
    PAX Prime Attendee since 2006, BYOC Attendee 2008-2012, Buttoneer 2010-2014
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/alegria
    Apparently, my decision has been finalized since I have a request of my presence. Weird, but yay!!!

Totally misread your post! Sorry about that, but I'm glad you've decided to come here xxx

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    I wish I could go, I just know that Sunday is far to busy of a day for me :(

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • appletartappletart Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I'm in! :^: :rotate:

This discussion has been closed.