Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

A [chat] Unlike Any Other

1818284868798

Posts

  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Its funny how manyof those county names were reused in the NY/NJ area

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    You can't not do Krugman. He's a Nobel Laureate, for chrissakes!

    real talk: that's some pretty devalued stock these days.

  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    who mentioned old chub scotch ale in this thread

    i brought like 12 of those to a party

    they were good!

    I've tried a couple scotch ales... I can't remember what the bottled on is, but a local beergarden type establishment has one called Dirty Bastard on draft and it's quite good

  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    england-county-map.gif

    I can;t believe how little I know about where the English counties are. I thought Essex was to the west of London. Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire and Hampshire are actually three different counties?

    Gray weather, bland food, muted fashions.

    You look at a map of the continental US and it's full of color and life and cheer. You look at a map of England and it's brown and miserable.

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Even our political county-ship maps are full of color like purples and oranges and such.

  • descdesc Registered User regular
    oh chu

    and @desc

    I got into the butcher's box group : D

    @skippydumptruck fancy!

  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    england-county-map.gif

    I can;t believe how little I know about where the English counties are. I thought Essex was to the west of London. Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire and Hampshire are actually three different counties?

    Gray weather, bland food, muted fashions.

    You look at a map of the continental US and it's full of color and life and cheer. You look at a map of England and it's brown and miserable.

    I think the color gradient on that map is supposed to represent how similar or dissimilar each county is to Wales / Scotland. Example: Durham is more scottish than Northumberland.

  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    spool32 wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    You can't not do Krugman. He's a Nobel Laureate, for chrissakes!

    real talk: that's some pretty devalued stock these days.

    Without even getting into the "Association with Obama -> Bad" premise: Krugman was awarded the prize in economics, not the peace prize. The former is generally applied as a "you did something good!", while the latter is sometimes used to say "the world is watching; please don't fuck this up".

    TL DR on
    eokNV.jpg
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    http://www.y outube.com/watch?v=Cd-sLasEQgs

    This is hilarious except the part where I think he starts reading other people's lines.

    edit: ahh nevermind, he's reading it as "Fiona"

    Thor was excellent.

    That was excellent.

    You're all excellent

  • MimMim Registered User regular
    My last final ever (hopefully) is at 3:30.

    I NEED GOOD LUCK WISHES, PEOPLE. I NEED TO GRADUATE.

    boobpoke.jpg FREE HENROID
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Mim wrote: »
    My last final ever (hopefully) is at 3:30.

    I NEED GOOD LUCK WISHES, PEOPLE. I NEED TO GRADUATE.

    My two best friends just graduated. One from grad school, even.

    If they can do it, you're a shoe-in.

    Tamin on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck bridge and scrunnel Registered User regular
    oh dang

    one of my coworkers got fired

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo When life gives you lemons... ...eat your delicious lemonsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    emnmnme wrote: »

    Gray weather, bland food, muted fashions.

    You look at a map of the continental US and it's full of color and life and cheer. You look at a map of England and it's brown and miserable.

    Here's a colourful one. Happy?

    Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    fuck yasser! fuck the nobel!

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    My last final ever (hopefully) is at 3:30.

    I NEED GOOD LUCK WISHES, PEOPLE. I NEED TO GRADUATE.

    Why do you need people to wish you good luck? You know the material and you're going to pass so wishing for something I already know is going to happen is dumb.

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

    Gray weather, bland food, muted fashions.

    You look at a map of the continental US and it's full of color and life and cheer. You look at a map of England and it's brown and miserable.

    Here's a colourful one. Happy?

    BROKEN LINK

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    oh dang

    one of my coworkers got fired

    what'd this playboy do

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • wazillawazilla Registered User regular
    oh dang

    one of my coworkers got fired

    I'm sure you're not next.

  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    nobel

    more like

    nobelma

    Per3th.jpg
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo When life gives you lemons... ...eat your delicious lemonsRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

    Gray weather, bland food, muted fashions.

    You look at a map of the continental US and it's full of color and life and cheer. You look at a map of England and it's brown and miserable.

    Here's a colourful one. Happy?

    BROKEN LINK
    Pah, I was rehosting but you were just too quick for me.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck bridge and scrunnel Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    oh dang

    one of my coworkers got fired

    what'd this playboy do

    dunno

    think he was just not good at his job

    *surfs the forums, receives promotions*

  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    ascension is getting to be more fun now that i kind of know what is going on

    919UOwT.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    spool32 wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    You can't not do Krugman. He's a Nobel Laureate, for chrissakes!

    real talk: that's some pretty devalued stock these days.

    Without even getting into the "Association with Obama -> Bad" premise: Krugman was awarded the prize in economics, not the peace prize. The former is generally applied as a "you did something good!", while the latter is sometimes used to say "the world is watching; please don't fuck this up".

    Liberals can only win things because the media loves them

  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck bridge and scrunnel Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    ascension is getting to be more fun now that i kind of know what is going on

    why aren't we playing

  • ThomamelasThomamelas “Three films a day, three books a week and records of great music would be enough to make me happy to the day I die.” Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    england-county-map.gif

    I can;t believe how little I know about where the English counties are. I thought Essex was to the west of London. Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire and Hampshire are actually three different counties?

    I bet you don't even know the color of the boat house at Hereford.

  • emnmnmeemnmnme Heard about this on conservative radio:Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

    Gray weather, bland food, muted fashions.

    You look at a map of the continental US and it's full of color and life and cheer. You look at a map of England and it's brown and miserable.

    Here's a colourful one. Happy?

    BROKEN LINK
    Pah, I was rehosting but you were just too quick for me.

    That's a right jolly map.

    easybossfight_zps4752c132.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    while i'm sure paul krugman is a cool dude- i don't know, i'm too busy eating candy to pay attention to how the world works- this seems unsettlingly like submission to credentials. you can't tell a dude 'you're not allowed to think this dude's bullshit, some smart people think he is also smart'

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    wait, people at skippy's office are getting shitcanned?

    *texts skippy dozens of bestiality photos*

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • GooeyGooey Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    ascension is getting to be more fun now that i kind of know what is going on

    why aren't we playing

    probably because i still lose to easy computers

    919UOwT.png
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    wait, people at skippy's office are getting shitcanned?

    *texts skippy dozens of bestiality photos*

    yif

  • TL DRTL DR Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    while i'm sure paul krugman is a cool dude- i don't know, i'm too busy eating candy to pay attention to how the world works- this seems unsettlingly like submission to credentials. you can't tell a dude 'you're not allowed to think this dude's bullshit, some smart people think he is also smart'

    What post are you referring to?

    Because if it was my "you can't not do Krugman" one, that was entirely about blowjobs and not at all about credibility.

    eokNV.jpg
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    "He has a nobel therefore he is correct"
    "nobel is not a sign of correctness, or virtue btw"
    "All true nobels indicate correctness!"

  • OrganichuOrganichu Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    while i'm sure paul krugman is a cool dude- i don't know, i'm too busy eating candy to pay attention to how the world works- this seems unsettlingly like submission to credentials. you can't tell a dude 'you're not allowed to think this dude's bullshit, some smart people think he is also smart'

    What post are you referring to?

    Because if it was my "you can't not do Krugman" one, that was entirely about blowjobs and not at all about credibility.

    sure it wasn't, you hemp loving pot smoking wire stone crafting jam band listening organic vegetable growing yoga loving meditation advocating leftie communist

    XMSODhjrer45.gif
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck bridge and scrunnel Registered User regular
    wazilla wrote: »
    oh dang

    one of my coworkers got fired

    I'm sure you're not next.

    I'm sure I'm not either

    my boss is like, tell your wife to hold off on that baby for as long as possible

  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    "He has a nobel therefore he is correct"
    "nobel is not a sign of correctness, or virtue btw"
    "All true nobels indicate correctness!"

    Have I missed a quote tree, because I don't think anyone has said this.

    They have said that there's a difference in how people get econ vs peace nobels.

    Frankly I don't care about his nobel prize and I don't think he's always right, but he's one of the people I read when I want to understand what's going on in The Economy.

    Lh96QHG.png
  • MimMim Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    My last final ever (hopefully) is at 3:30.

    I NEED GOOD LUCK WISHES, PEOPLE. I NEED TO GRADUATE.

    Why do you need people to wish you good luck? You know the material and you're going to pass so wishing for something I already know is going to happen is dumb.

    I'm a nervous wreck and I'm second guessing all that I know. Ahhhhh!


    so stop stalling and give me your blessingsssss.

    boobpoke.jpg FREE HENROID
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Harrisonburg, VARegistered User regular
    Well, it's more like "He has a [non-peace] Nobel, therefore there's good reason to believe he's an authority in his field".

  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo When life gives you lemons... ...eat your delicious lemonsRegistered User regular
    bwd6p.jpg

    This is excellent.

    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    That is a fantastic mug.

    Lh96QHG.png
This discussion has been closed.