As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game of Assholes, Season 2! The night is dark and full of spoilers

• LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Wait, wait...

real spoiler
    Do the dragons get stolen in the books? I have no recollection of this happening

book 2/later on in season 2:
    No, they don't. On the other hand, this is definitely going to make the burning of the House of the Undying way more badass, I think.

Ladai on
    ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Comradebot wrote: »
    Also, the actress playing Ygritte looks super cute. I think I officially have a crush.

Oh hey I'm not the only one

• JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Comradebot wrote: »
    Also, the actress playing Ygritte looks super cute. I think I officially have a crush.

Oh hey I'm not the only one

Keep your Ygritte. Don't get me wrong - she is cute as a button.

But me? I'll take deadly Osha. I don't know what was hotter - when she derobed, or when she slit that dude's throat. Probably the second one.

On a more serious note, I think that was an odd change to make. Like, it doesn't really change anything for me, but weird that they made Osha have to fuck Theon in order to get her freedom, as opposed to feeling more betrayed by her being giving weapons and such.

But the changes to the Bran story line intrigue, yet worry me.

Book 2:
    I mean, having Rickon along, and still no Meera/Jorjen (forget how to spell that kid's name)...I don't know. I guess you can just straight up substitute Osha and Rickon for the crannogs. The changes are starting to pile up though, so it'll continue to be interesting I guess.

Same goes for the Dany changes. I guess it makes it so we get to the House of the Undying faster, so that's fine. I'm just a little worried. But realistically, I just want her to get to Astapor already.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    All the Theon bits were amazingly well done tonight, incredible atmosphere. Same with pretty much everything else. This is a perfect show. And I guess we will be seeing Ramsay Bolton before the end of the season.

Heisenberg on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Seeing BadonkaTonks get naked is totally going to change the way I watch Harry Potter.

• jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    The joffrey scenes in this episode were amazing.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    JustTee wrote: »
    I think that was an odd change to make. Like, it doesn't really change anything for me, but weird that they made Osha have to fuck Theon in order to get her freedom, as opposed to feeling more betrayed by her being giving weapons and such.

Had there been any other nudity/sex in the episode?

If not, there's the reason for the change.

HBO got quotas to fill you know.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    JustTee wrote: »
    I think that was an odd change to make. Like, it doesn't really change anything for me, but weird that they made Osha have to fuck Theon in order to get her freedom, as opposed to feeling more betrayed by her being giving weapons and such.

Had there been any other nudity/sex in the episode?

If not, there's the reason for the change.

HBO got quotas to fill you know.

Well, it's not like she didn't try for getting a spear first. Once that didn't work she moved on to plan B, and it's also nicely foreshadowed by their scene back in season 1. Osha totally knows what Theon's weak spot it (well, one of them anyway), and she purposefully uses it against him. Actually really against the Ironmen in general, after all that reaving and raping back-patting the sailors were doing over the last couple of episode, Osha gives the guard a bit or ironic justice

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I love Jaqen H'ghar.
    "A girl can not tell a man when exactly he must do a thing. A man can not make a thing happen before its time."
    Arya: "But he's going to tell Tywin, he's getting away. It has to be now!"
    *raised Eyebrow+Sigh*
    Like killing an armed man without being detected, within a very limited timeframe, is just a minor inconvenience.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    That was a good episode; Just when I thought I couldn't love Tyrion any more. 8->

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    I love Jaqen H'ghar.
    "A girl can not tell a man when exactly he must do a thing. A man can not make a thing happen before its time."
    Arya: "But he's going to tell Tywin, he's getting away. It has to be now!"
    *raised Eyebrow+Sigh*
    Like killing an armed man without being detected, within a very limited timeframe, is just a minor inconvenience.

Yeah I'm liking him more and more, as well.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I think my favorite costumes are the silent sisters'

I never imagined them having outfits that were that flamboyant when I read the books, but they look really good and distinctive

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Tywin + Arya scenes continue to be amazing.

SwissLion on
    ImWcN1I.png?3
    edited May 2012
    It's impossible to pick which scenes I liked best so I'll just say I liked Dany's the least, because she's stupid. Everything else is golden, especially Tyrion or Arya/Jaqen/Tywin scenes. The Iceland footage is jawdropping, too.
    Jaqen sighing and then the Lannister guy dropping dead as soon as he gets to Tywin made me laugh pretty hard.

Heisenberg on
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if being murdered by someone you're violently opressing is ironic

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Dany's story is just boring to me, "Gimme this, I deserve that, wahh wahh wahh". I loved the Spice King, basically telling her to fuck off

Assuming direct control O-O
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    OH MAN
    Theon taking several swings to chop off the head, and then having to kick it off like a not-quite split log. Brutal.

• JustTeeJustTee Registered User regular
    Legba wrote: »
    OH MAN
    Theon taking several swings to chop off the head, and then having to kick it off like a not-quite split log. Brutal.

I was wondering if they were going to keep this little bit of savagery from the books. It was tough to read, and I was impressed by how they kept that tidbit without making it *too* gruesome. Really nice touch overall.

Diagnosed with AML on 6/1/12. Read about it: www.effleukemia.com
    I'd completely forgotten about it from the books, and literally went "holy shit" when it happened.

• SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Episode Seven Promo for anyone who hasn't seen it

Spooch on
    Assuming direct control O-O
    edited May 2012
    Okay, this is what bugs me about the show: When it's up close and personal, like with
    the beheading or the attempted rape

it's fantastic.

But when it needs just a bit more scale than it has budget for, it can look downright comical.
    Having the King and party strolling through the city rather than riding makes the city feel tiny. I mean this is the king. And the high septon being torn apart limb by limb by a dozen people standing on their own... Eh.

Legba on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    oh, that scene is in last night's episode?

oh man

• SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    Okay, this is what bugs me about the show: When it's up close and personal, like with
    the beheading or the attempted rape

it's fantastic.

But when it needs just a bit more scale than it has budget for, it can look downright comical.
    Having the King and party strolling through the city rather than riding makes the city feel tiny. I mean this is the king. And the high septon being torn apart limb by limb by a dozen people standing on their own... Eh.
    I always read that sequence as taking place in some very narrow streets, and though them walking did seem strange I feel that otherwise they did a pretty good job of making that crowd imposing and chaotic.

ImWcN1I.png?3
  • RocketScienceRocketScience Registered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

I haven't read the books so I don't know if they really go into describing what people wear but...

Ha, if they cut out all the descriptions of people's clothing and armour the books would be about half as long.

Yeah you know what? I think Theon might be my favourite character in the show.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I like him a fair bit better in the show that is for sure

The actor is doing a damn good job.

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Person who I like approximately 100 times more in show than in book: Tywin

• FugaFuga Registered User regular
    this is stupid this show is stupid

Would you care to elucidate?

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Person who I like approximately 100 times more in show than in book: Tywin

Tywin is becoming dangerously sympathetic. I am not at all prepared to feel bad for that dude, but it seems like it might happen.

Hobnail on
    Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    The show is doing an excellent job at making him a person, rather than the efficient, brutal bastard that he is in the books. But even in the books, you gotta respect Tywin.

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    Would you care to elucidate?

No thanks, I already ate.

• SliderSlider Registered User regular
    Good episode. I was very pleased.

I want more.

Yes joff and gang walking instead of being on horses was so awkward and strange.

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Honestly wanted Tower of Joy filmed more than anything. Ah well.

Joke'll be on HBO if it becomes crucial later on!
    (Probably not.)

wVEsyIc.png
    Could they possibly do a one-off Roberts Rebellion episode at some point to fill in the backstory? It would have needed a load of explanation to make Ned's flashback make sense. Not that it not making sense at the time really matters.

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Has this show had even one flashback? If we're already halfway through season two and there's been no flashbacks I imagine that it's a stylistic choice. A stylistic choice I kind of agree with.

I'm betting if the Tower of Joy is ever touched on it will only be someone talking about it, probably while having sex with Ros.

edited May 2012
    Season 3 is all flashbacks to people having sex with Ros.

Prolegomena on
  • LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    Spin off series called Ros' Place.

You see she opens the damnedest little brothel in King's Landing. Hijinks ensue.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg