Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Cheapo Mic Stand?

SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as DohaerisRegistered User, ClubPA regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So I am now doing a podcast and using my Rock Band USB mic as my podcasting mic. It works surprisingly well audio quality wise, but moving around while holding it is fairly audible, so I'd like to grab a cheapo mic stand. However, amazon mic stands are a giant enigma to me. There's stuff like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0053CTVP0/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_g267_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=11CGTJWQ57FKP557PF77&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846 which is in a great price range, but I am unclear if it has everything included that I need. Basically, I just need to make sure it bends down so I can put it close enough to my head to pick up words, and also hold my actual mic. Suggestions?

3DS: 2509-1593-4994
Steam Profile
PSN ID: Dohaeris210
Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210