As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX PRIME 2012 - What are some of your favourite memories at PAX?

jev117jev117 Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster here...

Please share!: What are some of your favourite memories you've had at PAX?
What are you really looking forward to this year?
What is the best swag/prize you have ever gotten?

I've only attended PAX one year, and that was last year. I have to say I really enjoyed the Halo Fest VIP party.

On another note: as this is my second time going to PAX prime I have been reading countless threads where people kindly share their insights and suggestions for what do, what not to do and other tips and tricks in order to maximize my fun this year. I cannot count how many times people have suggested to check twitter feeds and forums for the best #swag give-aways. Which forums/twitter feeds are we talking about?

Just getting prepared... :)

zerzhul on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Many of the twitter feeds are listed in the twitter thread and the pax community wiki twitter page

• Options
    PSOCecilPSOCecil Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Favorite memory? The first year I went, which was... 2007, I think, while in line to get in on Friday, Gamespot had a camera crew to interview folks, looking for those who were 'brand new'. The guy then asked me and my friends what our favorite part of PAX so far was. Kind of a stupid question, we hadn't even gotten in yet! So, I held up the energy drink I got, Bawls, "This is pretty good. Seeing as how we haven't gotten in yet.". I think they still have the video somewhere on their servers..

This year? I'm hoping that the keynote is from someone I actually want to hear speak. Like Gabe Newell. That would be fantastic. Maybe a Valve-hosted panel. If Nintendo has the Wii-U there, that'd be neat, too. Expo Hall is usually my most anticipated area, after all..

Best swag? Borderlands 2 last year, by far. It was such a shock when they handed out little code things, and an even BIGGER shock when said code things were for the FULL GAME. I'd expected a download for the PAX demo when you got home, or something.

PSOCecil on
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Favorite memory for me. Last year was my first Pax Prime, first Pax period. After attending the Halo Universe voice actor panel I walked up to the table hoping to have a moment to talk to Jenifer(Cortana). But she'd already left. A girl beside me asked if anyone had a sharpie. Un think I passed her mine, and my badge fell on the table. She had been talking to Steve Downs, so when he turned to return my sharpie he signed my badge first!
    It was pretty awesome. Even better than that was at the Mass Effect3 demo line. i got in line at 10:05am on saturday, three hours later I got to the front of the line and Jennifer Hale was doing poster give aways and signings. We asked the Bioware line manager how long she'd be doing the signings. She said it would be done any minute. But she'd see if she could get Jennifer to stick around for our group in the line to get signatures. She did, and did photos too.

So my favorite piece of swag from Prime '11 is my HaloFest badge with both Steve Downs(Mater Chief) and Jennifer Hale(FemShep) signatures on it.
    I don't think anything could ever top that.

KellyShepard087 on
    - Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    hiddenllamahiddenllama SeattleRegistered User regular
    Best swag was standing in the Mass Effect 3 line and getting a Renegade badge that was given out at SDCC. The lady handed out her last/only 4 just before her boss came over and told her that she wasn't supposed to do that. Needless to say it's my favorite piece of swag.

• Options
    TheMisanthropeTheMisanthrope That's Mr. Misanthrope to you Registered User regular
    My favorite swag is a pink Ms. Splosion Man baby-t sized small (looks like its sized for babies too).

Considering that I'm not a shrinking violet, and most of the guys I date are not shrinking violets, this became the most ironic swag ever. Also, Twisted Pixel showed their first version of the Beard Engine video, which was kind of hot.

Also, the Cookie Brigade is pretty damned awesome, especially on Sunday when you're dead and you need more sustenance to keep you going. MMMM...cookies. Please bring money to donate to them. They're badass.

PAX Prime 2012: [X] Pass Purchased [X] Extra Charge Battery Packs for Phone, etc
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    I've only been to two PAXes (last Prime was my first), but my favorite moment so far was chatting up/sitting next to Kristen Perry from ANet while in line and in the room for/during the Gearbox panel at Prime '11. The conversation didn't stay on GW that long, turning to other random things and eventually her wanting to know what we (was with one of my good friends) did for a living. It was cool as hell talking to a developer candidly like that for well over an hour. Totally should've gotten a picture though :(

Best swag I've received was one of the Torchlight 2 totes from last Prime as well. The bag itself wasn't the best swag, but getting it signed by Max Schafer totally upped its "Freakin Awesome" value by over 9000.

Not sure what I'm most looking forward to yet. I'll probably have a better grasp of that closer to the show when more games get announced for late Fall, Winter. The tentative frontrunner will be Borderlands 2, but that will come out so quickly after PAX that I probably wouldn't so much be looking forward to it as much as it just being that much closer to the inevitability of me playing it.

• Options
    hyrulehero96hyrulehero96 The Hero of Rhyme Registered User regular
    this will be PAX #7 for me! Favorite memory is the omegathon 2010. Sitting in the top balcony at benaroya hall with all my friends watching that crane game was so much fun, we all got really into watching it, waiting for the coveted DTP!

This year im looking forward to the costumes! Im getting more and more into Cosplay and cant wait to see what people are going to be this year! Also hope nintendo will be bringing the Wii U, cant wait to get my hands on that bad boy!

Favorite Swag is either the Metroid prime trilogy shirt or the signed MC Frontalot poster! ...i still have tins full of those HAZE mints in my closet, they gave out sooooooo many of those things!

Slim, Relax, Fine Wine At The Qfc, On A Snowy Saturday Night

My Body Is always Reggie
  • Options
    Favorite memory for me. Last year was my first Pax Prime, first Pax period. After attending the Halo Universe voice actor panel I walked up to the table hoping to have a moment to talk to Jenifer(Cortana). But she'd already left. A girl beside me asked if anyone had a sharpie. Un think I passed her mine, and my badge fell on the table. She had been talking to Steve Downs, so when he turned to return my sharpie he signed my badge first.

Brilliant. I would kill for an autograph from Steve Downs.

• Options
    sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    favorite memory was meeting david jaffe or the paul and storm concert last year wit the giantbomb panel in 3rd

my favorite piece of swag was probably my quantum conumdrum hat though now that it is changing colors for some random reason probably going to go with the infamous fesitival of blood shirt or twisted metal mask

this year im looking forward to another amazing weekend with my friends and meeting new gamer friends in the process because everything I did at pax last year even waiting in line (street pass ftw ) was a total blast

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Doing Jaegerbombs with The Protomen at the Post PAX Party.

Fuck yeah.

EDIT: Actually, that's tied with me standing at the CS:GO booth watching some footage of the match in progress. When I saw that incorrect AR-15 animations were still being used I asked the dev that was standing a couple feet away "hey..you do know that AR-15's don't work that way right?" His expression of contained annoyance made me happy. ^_^

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    lizpiratelizpirate Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    All the demos for Rock Band 3 in 2010 were pretty freaking sweet. As far as swag goes, I've collected some sweet buttons over the years that I still get a kick out of. This year I'm really looking forward to trying out Quantum Conundrum.

EDIT: Also, from last year, I loved losing my husband and then finding him at one of the booths absolutely tickled over the overclocked processor being cooled by dry ice. The look of joy on his face was hilarious. It was his first time going that year and seeing that just warmed my heart.

lizpirate on
  • Options
    GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    Last year was the first time I brought my daughters along, they were 7 and 9 at the time. Watching them be totally blown away by everything was awesome. The topper was them getting to meet Paul and Storm and JoCo. We have pictures of them with their fake 'staches on meeting them, it was the best day of their lives they said, these are kids who have traveled the world but that was the best day ever! They were totally nerding out and got JoCo to apologize for Creepy Doll which still makes my youngest cry as soon as it starts.

Swag wise, meh, not a whole lot. I've gotten a lot of t-shirts along the way, those go to the kids for sleep shirts.

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • Options
    AlaendilAlaendil Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Last year while waiting for lunch I got to chat with Wil Wheaton and Felicia Day for 5+ minutes and recommend video games and booths to go see. It was kind of surreal for me, but really cool.
    Otherwise, it would be the Acquisitions Inc D&D game. Hilarious, especially with the bards singing (Paul & Storm).

• Options
    jev117 wrote: »
    Favorite memory for me. Last year was my first Pax Prime, first Pax period. After attending the Halo Universe voice actor panel I walked up to the table hoping to have a moment to talk to Jenifer(Cortana). But she'd already left. A girl beside me asked if anyone had a sharpie. Un think I passed her mine, and my badge fell on the table. She had been talking to Steve Downs, so when he turned to return my sharpie he signed my badge first.

haha, I'll be sure to hide my badge from you then. :p

I'm carrying it to every Pax now. It stays right there on my lanyard, sigs facing out. It's a badge of eternal bragging rights.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options

haha, I'll be sure to hide my badge from you then. :p

I'm carrying it to every Pax now. It stays right there on my lanyard, sigs facing out. It's a badge of eternal bragging rights.

It was pretty awesome to hear from the voice actors. Although, I really wish that they could have had more time for questions.

I was about 3 people away from asking a question... :(

Oh well, they compensated for that by handing out those awesome VIP passes.

• Options
    Last year was the first time I brought my daughters along, they were 7 and 9 at the time. Watching them be totally blown away by everything was awesome. The topper was them getting to meet Paul and Storm and JoCo. We have pictures of them with their fake 'staches on meeting them, it was the best day of their lives they said, these are kids who have traveled the world but that was the best day ever! They were totally nerding out and got JoCo to apologize for Creepy Doll which still makes my youngest cry as soon as it starts.

Swag wise, meh, not a whole lot. I've gotten a lot of t-shirts along the way, those go to the kids for sleep shirts.

kudos to you for being an awesome parent. Must have been amazing for your daughters! :D

• Options
    RoraDawnRoraDawn Registered User new member
    well last year was my first PAX, but for me, it was meeting PikminLink at the Nintendo booth :D

• Options
    shdwcastershdwcaster South DakotaRegistered User regular
    Hard to pick a favorite memory, but probably Scott Kurtz's first evening panel a couple years ago in the Unicorn Theatre. That, or the collectively awesome and silly competition that was last year's BYOC popsicle stick bridge competition.

Best swag? Definitely the Intel i7 960 processor that came home from BYOC with me last year, and which is now the heart of the first PC I've built for myself in over 10 years.

• Options
    CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    Every moment I can manage to remember was awesome. I can't really pick any one thing.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Sunday evening, after close of my first PAX, I was driving with my BF on my way back to the house, and realized that I was suddenly lonely. Like something was missing. That's when I realized how much I love PAX, and how deeply it affects the people who attend. It's not 'just' a convention.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    best Pax moment so far ? I would have to say was 2 years ago ??? Epic Mickey was on display kinda, but the huge line for was Disney artist sketches ... waited 3 hrs to have Sorcerer Mickey drawn in colour. Oh, and getting to meet Jerry at 2 different Pax's while cruising around the event was awesome as well.

• Options
    That's when I realized how much I love PAX, and how deeply it affects the people who attend. It's not 'just' a convention.
    This! So this!!!
    I get the strangest looks when I tell people it not 'just' a convention, its so much more.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    skwisgaar Skwigelfskwisgaar Skwigelf Registered User regular
    My best memories are scattered over the years. I will always love my first PAX...2006 in Bellevue. The Maydenbauer Center was way too small, but that was okay. I missed the concerts, but I still loved it. Saw Wil Wheaton's PAX 2007 keynote, which was beautiful. 2008 was the first year I brought friends to the show. They loved it. 2009 was the worst PAX ever, because I got sick (not with H1Nerd1. It was a short sickness, but I missed the final day, including the last round of the Omegathon...sigh...). 2010 was great. Somebody mentioned the crane game? Hell yes. I also had a practically-religious experience during that year's The Protomen concert. 2011 was pretty great. I played a lot of Steve Jackson games, because a good friend of mine works for that company. I introduced a lot of people to Munchkin in the lines. It was rad. I anticipate PAX 2012 to be weird for me. I will have very few friends attending with me. I will still enjoy myself, most likely. Just a different fun. I can't wait!

Max sig size: 500x80px or 4 lines of text
    "Let me be the first to tell you you look like shit".
    DJFenderStradt.png
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    Last year was my first PAX. I honestly thought I'd never get to go when it started in '04 because I live halfway across the country and I had a 2 year-old at the time. But last year we (me and the 8 year-old him) went. We met and delivered cookies to the awesome Cookie Brigade folks. I got to play with my son in his first-ever D&D game. I made new friends in BYOC. It's said so often around here that it's cliche, but my favorite memory is all the people we interacted with. We played Munchkin in the Sheraton lobby the night before, and we played Cthulhu Dice on the sidewalk outside the Cheesecake Factory after it ended Sunday evening. In between was wave after wave of cool people just wanting to play.

The best swag is far more specific. We were packing out of BYOC Sunday evening, and I stopped to watch the Omegathon final on the big screen. Next thing I know, the Boy walks up with two of the PAX tourney medals! I guess they had these as spares or someone hadn't claimed them or something, but The Boy did his cute kid act and scammed them out of one of the Enforcers. I started to go over to him, to see if Boy had just lifted them, and he smiled and waved me off, saying it was okay, they were extra.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    edited May 2012
    @skwisgaarSkwigelf
    I go with my friends every Pax, but I really only hang out with them post show, if I leave the convention center long enough to do dinner or drinks. :)
    I am almost always by myself on the expo hall floor or the after hour stations/events. I never get bored or lonely. I'm always having a great time and meeting more and more new friends. Don't worry about lonesomeness. If you want, you can follow my twitter and we can try and meet up/hang out.

KellyShepard087 on

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    The whole thing was my favourite. My first PAX was Prime last year. The TWDT was awesome. The Post PAX Party was amazing. Being able to get autographs and hugs from all the Protomen members was so amazing words could not describe how I felt.

I think the main thing that made my experience so awesome was the people. Everyone was super friendly. I didn't meet anyone who was rude to me, mean to me, or laughed at me when I joined a table of Munchkin and had never even played a table top game before (save for the basics like Monopoly and Life). I made several friends from PAX and I hope I can see them again and make even more friends this time around.

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    kudos to you for being an awesome parent. Must have been amazing for your daughters! :D

Thanks! It was, they have their signed badges up in their rooms. They're both super excited to come back this year!

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Data Center Operations Systems Engineer Silicon Valley, CARegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    My favorite moments were everything: meeting new people, parties, playing new releases, and tournament gaming are just some of the highlights!!

Dakinggamer87 on
    My Game Collection
    Dakinggamer's Paradise

PAX Prime 2015 - hotel room [] 4 day badge [√]
  • Options
    kaokao Community Manager San FranciscoRegistered User new member
    Favorite memory at PAX (random): I found a one day pass in the trash and pulled it out (don't ask). Later on, I overheard a mom saying goodbye to her son and husband as they were about to enter the convention hall. I offered her the badge so she could join them and she accepted. In hindsight I know I could have totally ruined a father-son day, but who knows, it could have been an amazing day for the family.

What are you really looking forward to this year? Intro to D&D. My partner has always wanted to learn D&D and we keep missing the sessions - Not this year!

What is the best swag/prize you have ever gotten? Intel had a really awesome illuminating pen that had 3 different modes of light patterns. It really was THAT amazing.

• Options
    RandomAtomRandomAtom Registered User regular
    I really liked when I got the 3-day pass hours before it sold out.

EAST 2014 Ticket[X] Hotel [X] Transport [ ] Plan [ ]
    Find me on Steam.
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    There was that one time I hit Tycho's baby.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    InitialdorInitialdor Seattle's Carl Registered User regular
    Each Minibosses concert! I have loved video game music since the 2600’s Pitfall 2, and to me, the NES, SNES, and Genesis represent its golden age. I went to my first PAX in ’06 exclusively to see the Minibosses, and what I found were people just as tacky and nerdy as myself throughout the whole convention! (Just talking to random people at PAX ’06 was a very fond memory.) But the Minibosses are the ultimate expression of hard rock and Nintendo; technically accurate, superb musicianship, and brutal to boot! (Don’t get me wrong; Powerglove and CarboHydroM both rock it out real hard too, but they’ve never played a PAX Prime.)

In ’07, I was headbanging so much that some dude walked up to me, handed me a small fridge magnet that said “Nerd!” on it, and said “You sir are hard core!” That shit was awesome!... maybe that was ’08. PAX ’09 was a no-show for them; Metroid Metal rocks, but I got to have my Minibosses! I was the headbanging Carl in the third row at Benaroya Hall in 2010, and I was in the pit at the Paramount last year. Every year, I strain my neck and scramble my brain to their set... and it’s worth it! \m/

2018 West: Badges [x] TWDT [Rclaw TT] Cosplay: Still bald. Still single. Still lovin' it!
    "Fantasy football still counts as fantasy." -DnD Greg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Being at the concert at the very first PAX when the Minibosses played was really, really cool. When they were doing the Metroid medley and people busted out their cell phones and GBAs and started waving them like lighters, it was something pretty magical.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    kao wrote: »
    Favorite memory at PAX (random): I found a one day pass in the trash and pulled it out (don't ask). Later on, I overheard a mom saying goodbye to her son and husband as they were about to enter the convention hall. I offered her the badge so she could join them and she accepted. In hindsight I know I could have totally ruined a father-son day, but who knows, it could have been an amazing day for the family.

What are you really looking forward to this year? Intro to D&D. My partner has always wanted to learn D&D and we keep missing the sessions - Not this year!

What is the best swag/prize you have ever gotten? Intel had a really awesome illuminating pen that had 3 different modes of light patterns. It really was THAT amazing.

Thats awesome how you found that one day pass.
    That kinda touched my heart.

• Options
    millislimmillislim Black Sheep Sacramento, CARegistered User regular
    Best memory was either last year or the one before. I did a mascot style cosplay of Gabe. I went to the Comic drawing panel and hung back after it was over to avoid crowds. As I was leaving I ran into Gabe and Tycho AND their wives and children! The kids thought it was super cool and gave me hugs. Even Khoo wanted a pic!

[X] Pax tix
    [X] Train tix
    [_] Finish Vivi costume
    [X] Anxiously wait
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That's when I realized how much I love PAX, and how deeply it affects the people who attend. It's not 'just' a convention.
    This! So this!!!
    I get the strangest looks when I tell people it not 'just' a convention, its so much more.

You know, it's interesting because I have never been to a PAX before and yet just by the forums I get this feeling that it is not "just" a convention. I was a little nervous coming into this as I was never the one that read the comic, watched the show, etc (this was always my husband) but I can see now that if I just jump in with both feet and meet the people and get involved...I will be back for years to come. Even now, I don't think I will be able to look at other conventions the same again.

I am totally excited to spend the next 109 days catching up on what I've missed and to join in on this amazing adventure to make many memories of my own.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    This! So this!!!
    You know, it's interesting because I have never been to a PAX before and yet just by the forums I get this feeling that it is not "just" a convention. I was a little nervous coming into this as I was never the one that read the comic, watched the show, etc (this was always my husband) but I can see now that if I just jump in with both feet and meet the people and get involved...I will be back for years to come. Even now, I don't think I will be able to look at other conventions the same again.

I am totally excited to spend the next 109 days catching up on what I've missed and to join in on this amazing adventure to make many memories of my own.

I was the same way when my boyfriend told me about this back in '07. I knew absolutely nothing about PA or any of the previous PAXes, but he really wanted to go see Wil Wheaton's key note and all was all "Wil Wheaton!? Seattle!? Let's go! ...But what's Penny Arcade?"

36 hours later (I had work!) I was all caught up with the comics and news they had up to that point. Never looked back since. It was not until the '08 PAX that I found this little growing group of rag-tag doers where I found my new non-Disney-geek home.

The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    arwen_doll16_LOTRarwen_doll16_LOTR Commander Registered User regular
    This year will be my third PAX Prime.

Looking forward to: Getting to meet up with the rest of the Mass Effect costume group and hanging out.

Best swag and best memory: This is a toss up. It is between a dungeons and dragons shirt that Chris Perkins gave me after I was a silly goose and walked up to him in the dnd play area (I didn't realize it was him from the back!) I asked him where he got it, he turned around and said only employees got em and smiled and gave me his from his bag. He said I needed to wear it as often as I could so that I could be a walking advertisement and to show that girls play more than people think.

Or, a Halo Reach poster I got from Sage after they ran out, he pulled one from a magic poster tube that Martin O'Donnell had on his backpack after a panel. They all just stood around chatting with my boyfriend and I and a few others and signed my Halo bag.

I should go.
    534159_4247466298641_1660805487_n.jpg
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    This! So this!!!

I was the same way when my boyfriend told me about this back in '07. I knew absolutely nothing about PA or any of the previous PAXes, but he really wanted to go see Wil Wheaton's key note and all was all "Wil Wheaton!? Seattle!? Let's go! ...But what's Penny Arcade?"

36 hours later (I had work!) I was all caught up with the comics and news they had up to that point. Never looked back since. It was not until the '08 PAX that I found this little growing group of rag-tag doers where I found my new non-Disney-geek home.

Wait...you're a Disney geek!?! Me too! Will have to meet up so I can see where I will be in the years to come with a Disney/PAX mix in my brain. lol! (and to trade buttons)

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    Initialdor wrote: »
    Each Minibosses concert! I have loved video game music since the 2600’s Pitfall 2, and to me, the NES, SNES, and Genesis represent its golden age. I went to my first PAX in ’06 exclusively to see the Minibosses, and what I found were people just as tacky and nerdy as myself throughout the whole convention! (Just talking to random people at PAX ’06 was a very fond memory.) But the Minibosses are the ultimate expression of hard rock and Nintendo; technically accurate, superb musicianship, and brutal to boot! (Don’t get me wrong; Powerglove and CarboHydroM both rock it out real hard too, but they’ve never played a PAX Prime.)

In ’07, I was headbanging so much that some dude walked up to me, handed me a small fridge magnet that said “Nerd!” on it, and said “You sir are hard core!” That shit was awesome!... maybe that was ’08. PAX ’09 was a no-show for them; Metroid Metal rocks, but I got to have my Minibosses! I was the headbanging Carl in the third row at Benaroya Hall in 2010, and I was in the pit at the Paramount last year. Every year, I strain my neck and scramble my brain to their set... and it’s worth it! \m/
    i was so pissed i didnt get footage of you head banging as carl last year

I AM THE VAMPIRE
This discussion has been closed.