As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MSPA: toda reads Scott Pilgrim

• ZapRatZapRat Mage of Mind A place apartRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Berk wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that Anti

at least you know when you move out you'll be able to grow it back no problem

yeah

thanks

too scared to leave.

Are you planning on going to college? Perhaps you could convince your parents to send you to one where you are far enough away that you need to have lodging somewhere other than home.

If they won't send you to college, getting a job is essential to gaining your freedom. You'll get to leave home eventually, so let that chance at freedom motivate you to do your best at school or work.

As for hiring those with long hair, the agency I work for hired a man with long hair a few years back, and people were shocked when he cut his hair for a more conventional look; nobody seemed to mind that he had long hair at the time of his hiring.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    I like short hair on ladies.

broken image link
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    yeah those pictures someone posted in the beauty thread of short-haired ladies got my motor runnin i was like daaaaaaaaamn

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    i went to college for a year and nearly flunked out because of my anxiety and depression stemming from being transgender. i had no close friends at college, and i rarely left the dorms because of my anxiety. i missed class a lot.

they pretty much footed the bill and i feel like shit about that but i did manage to get some credits even though i'll have to retake some certain classes. i have to get a job this summer, hopefully returning to the library i worked at part time when I was in high school.

as for the hair, my parents don't care about other people at other jobs being able to have long hair.

i went to college for a year and nearly flunked out because of my anxiety and depression stemming from being transgender. i had no close friends at college, and i rarely left the dorms because of my anxiety. i missed class a lot.

they pretty much footed the bill and i feel like shit about that but i did manage to get some credits even though i'll have to retake some certain classes. i have to get a job this summer, hopefully returning to the library i worked at part time when I was in high school.

as for the hair, my parents don't care about other people at other jobs being able to have long hair.

What were you studying? Is it something you could resume at night school once you get that library job?

One thing I've noticed about having friends is that when I'm feeling isolated, sometimes its because I don't realize that people like me more than I think they do; in high school, I regarded myself as a bit of a loner; I was surprised when my brother, who is very outgoing, told me that he wished that he could be as popular as me. He didn't seem to realize that he was pretty popular himself.

There are several people here who have never met you that are willing to stand up for you so you are certainly not without friends.

While I have never faced transgender issues or having a hostile dad, I have let myself get into moods where I felt profoundly Isolated and lonely. I just had to push those feelings aside and look for solutions, even if the solution is simply being able to survive without having whatever emotional need that goes wanting remaining unfulfilled.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    I'm sorry Anti. Hugs <3<3

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    That sucks Anti I am sorry, I hope things work out.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Sorry to hear Anti, but I really think the short hair looks nice on you. I had ultra super short hair for awhile.

Taya several years ago:
    Sun-1.jpg

I liked having short hair but eventually grew it out again. Embrace the short hair for now and you can grow it out later.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    lookin good a few years ago, taya

BahamutZERO.gif
    Taya wrote: »
    Sorry to hear Anti, but I really think the short hair looks nice on you. I had ultra super short hair for awhile.

Taya several years ago:
    Sun-1.jpg

I liked having short hair but eventually grew it out again. Embrace the short hair for now and you can grow it out later.
    Those eyes, those eyebrows, those lips, all look familiar somehow,

Please forgive me Taya:
    kXfQJ.jpg

CYDUJ.jpg
    My secret...

i knew taya was evil

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    ZapRat wrote: »

Taya several years ago:
    Sun-1.jpg

Please forgive me Taya:
    kXfQJ.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    she still does not hold a candle to the hussmaster's endless rolling hills of lips

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I know I'm just anonymous internet guy, but *hugs* Anti

• SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular

Taya several years ago:
    Sun-1.jpg

Please forgive me Taya:
    kXfQJ.jpg

dear god

xet8c.gif

Sal wrote: »

Taya several years ago:
    Sun-1.jpg

Please forgive me Taya:
    kXfQJ.jpg

dear god
    I wonder if this somehow relates to Taya's uncanny update sense.

CYDUJ.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Berk wrote: »

this art owns

needs to be on this page as well

partystuck

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    Taya has connections with Betty Crocker Corp

xet8c.gif

N-no guys you are way off

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    taya once hired her ex boyfriend to assault her chief ice skating competitor

• SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    Today in Homestuck
    May 7

2009: 5 pages. John examines the RED PACKAGE. He goes to pick up the razor from the wall, but instead ends up putting the implement in his sylladex and bonking himself on the head with the package. Picking up the package again, he sends a CAKE right into McConaughey's face. He then picks up some shards of glass off the floor, which expels his copy of WISE GUY and a CAKE out the window, to join the PDA down below.

2010: No update.

2011: No update.

I wonder if there is a date, after the comic started, on which there has never been an update

maybe like the day after christmas or something

There's actually one coming up in the near future, but I'm sure there's more.

Today on More Info Than Anyone Asked For:

Days with no updates in any year before 4/13/12: 04/08, 04/11, 04/12, 05/10, 05/29, 07/21, 09/12, 10/08, 10/10, 12/26

Days not updated in any year: 10
    Days updated in one year: 75
    Days updated in two years: 157
    Days updated in all three years: 123

Day with most updates: 07/08, with a whopping 57!

• ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    I want more information.

I demand it.

• MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    i went to college for a year and nearly flunked out because of my anxiety and depression. i had no close friends at college, and i rarely left the dorms because of my anxiety. i missed class a lot.

same,

ducklett.gif
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Thats a good art
    Equius chatting with Dirk and Jake about Strong Men

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Today in Homestuck
    May 8

2009: 3 pages. Shenanigans over with, the razor and package are at the front of the queue and he uses the razor to open the package. Inside is a STUFFED BUNNY. According to the attached note of authenticity, it is the very same bunny held hostage and (later) given as a gift by Nicolas Cage's character to his daughter in the movie CON AIR. He then notices both the Beta and something else on his computer need attention.

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Smasher wrote: »
    Seriously wrote: »
    Today in Homestuck
    May 7

2009: 5 pages. John examines the RED PACKAGE. He goes to pick up the razor from the wall, but instead ends up putting the implement in his sylladex and bonking himself on the head with the package. Picking up the package again, he sends a CAKE right into McConaughey's face. He then picks up some shards of glass off the floor, which expels his copy of WISE GUY and a CAKE out the window, to join the PDA down below.

I wonder if there is a date, after the comic started, on which there has never been an update

maybe like the day after christmas or something

There's actually one coming up in the near future, but I'm sure there's more.

Today on More Info Than Anyone Asked For:

Days with no updates in any year before 4/13/12: 04/08, 04/11, 04/12, 05/10, 05/29, 07/21, 09/12, 10/08, 10/10, 12/26

Days not updated in any year: 10
    Days updated in one year: 75
    Days updated in two years: 157
    Days updated in all three years: 123

Day with most updates: 07/08, with a whopping 57!

Do you have a script for figuring this out? I hadn't gotten around to it yet. I recall some folks had taken up that effort in the past, but I have forgotten exactly who did (so I apologize if one of them was you).

• Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Am I late to the Anti hug party?
    And by the way Anti you're pretty cute with shortish hair.

Blugh. Appreciate the sentiment but disagree.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Damn it, there's nothing on this page or the last that will let me bust out my new toy.

( •_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH

or alternately

⌐■-■

⌐■-■

⌐■-■

⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
    deal w/ it

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    like the first one better

wY6K6Jb.gif
    Oh goshhhhh

<3

• PersonfacePersonface HAIL GAY SATANRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Angered Gynoid Valkyrie Antimatter wants to battle!

Personface on
    So

Many

Hearts

Gonna be the prettiest gynoid when I'm out of jail

ohhhh I just figured out the etymology of android and gynoid
    I feel silly for not realizing that sooner

BahamutZERO.gif
  • SnerkySnerky call me trick the c is silentRegistered User regular
    After watching Ghost in the Shell I don't feel like I can use gynoid in day-to-day conversation
    Damn you animeeeeeeee

EYDHoqw.png
    Major 8->

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Here for a Anti, although I won't join in on the father hate. Nothing good comes from such resentment.

Just good feelings and wavelengths here

VRXwDW7.png
This discussion has been closed.