As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Glossolalia] Resonance Memorial Thread

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Squall wrote: »
    thor is pretty good if you ignore every single scene that takes place on earth

i'm sorry but thor smashing the coffee cup was the height of comedy

and coulson and loki were great

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I saw avengers in IMAX 3D. Definitely looks good in that

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Coulson and the Hulk are the stars of this show, let me make clear.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I really liked Thor's tone. It was really fun and kind of goofy. But I needed that after all the other superhero movies.

Also, the spiderman trailer makes the new movie look great, too.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Thor is my least favorite of the Marvel movies (Ang Lee Hulk doesn't count because I refuse to acknowledge its existence).

There were some good moments, but most of the dialogue was pretty weak.

And the romance subplot was incredibly shallow and forced. Even for an action movie romance.

IKknkhU.gif
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I like ang lee hulk

if only for Nick Nolte

haven't actually seen the newer one

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Ed Norton Hulk was pretty good.

If I had to rank the Marvel films, I'd probably go Iron Man > Captain America > Iron Man 2 > Norton Hulk > Thor.

I'll probably see The Avengers when my dad gets back from his business trip, because both he and my mom want to check it out.

Though if I'm honest, my mom's pretty much going just to see more Downey Jr. as Iron Man.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    pretty sure i've seen them all other than thor

i always come away feeling like there's something sort of... off about them

like i feel like i should enjoy them more than i do

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    you should

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    yeah i mean

i don't hate 'em or anything

they're fairly entertaining

but it's just like... something never quite "clicks" for me

i can't really pinpoint what the issue is

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    So got some excellent news from school telling me that I have a bit more time to finish this one important paper and the opportunity to raise my grade for the one shitty class to something that's manageable.

I can still salvage this school year.

• VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    Dux that fucking rules man! I'm so happy for you!

• DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Dux that fucking rules man! I'm so happy for you!

Yeah, takes a load off, funnily enough.

Thanks!

Dux on
  • alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    That is the best news, Dux

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    attention

i hate packing

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    packing and unpacking is actually pretty nice

it's the maintenance of the living space I don't care for

0BnD8l3.gif
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    do as I do and don't maintain your living space

ain't nothing better then standing water

and the rats keep me company

let me clarify

i hate packing a three-level five bedroom house

• alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    I could go my entire life without moving again. If I had my little way, I would live using only enough stuff that would fill a large suitcase.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    I just want to sit here

in this chair

and brood over every negative thought and let them cycle until they consume me

until I get tired and then I can go to bed wake up go to school start the cycle again

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2012
    I haven't really been posting a lot in here lately because I've just sorta felt uncomfortable about bitching about my problems in here as of late

which is weird since this is really the only place I could bitch without my ex or bryar seeing

but shit has been really really not great to be honest

and that sucks because pre-spring break I was like the happiest I had been in a long fucking time

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    I always feel like this comes off really weak in the form of internet posts but...I am sad that you are sad.

breakups happen

I just wish...well I can't really explain all of it now but later maybe I dunno

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    fuck, Toms

that's a huge letdown after all the buzz and joy you had

:(

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
    Wait, this is the long distance girl? Well shit dude. I thought that was daisies and rainbows. Fuck. I'm really sorry man.

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    [Yasteb (+48ish)]
    [Science Group] Teless sighs wistfully. "Oh, it worked." His fingers skip across a display at his side, and a holographic image flares to life behind him - a picture of Teless and his carbosilicate girlfriend in some sort of convention hall, surrounded by people in strange clothes (even by City standards). She's wearing a short blonde wig, with a "Green Earth" t-shirt on, a messenger bag on her hip, and a very fake rifle in her hands. He's in some sort of survivalist get-up, with his face all bandaged up and his eyes hidden behind goggles.

He stares at it a bit before snapping back to the conversation at hand. "Oh, it's nothing big. You're a friend, so I won't charge you my hourly." He spins in his seat and kicks off of the wall, rolling over to another display. Flipping it around, he pulls up a picture of bronze-skinned, black-eyed woman in a black toga, crouched on a small disc, claw-like hand raised to strike. It takes both of you a moment to realize it's plastic.

"Artemis of the PANTHEON. Discontinued basically the minute it was shipped. I want it. I want it bad, and, Chrissi, you gotta give it to me." He flicks the image over to Christina's tablet and wheels himself back to his desk. "I'll get started on the search now, no worries, but keep an eye out, alright?"

[Haze Group] Jtlkrek lets out a faint yelp as Werne's hand pushes her against the wall, and glares at him as the wight reaches for his horn.

[78%/60%] [79%/55%] Between the sudden rush of air from Speed's acceleration, and the sickly, painful noise that issues from Werne's horn, the beasts seem more confused than afraid.

[Lemit]
    The thugs look at each other blankly. Finally, Rings steps forward. "So, what, you're in charge now? Just like that? Why the fuck we oughta listen to you?"

[Karsif]
    Clyde [7%/35%] snatches the cravat away from Lorenzo's frozen body, cleanly shattering the thing's neck in the processes. As his fingers close around the smeared, silken fabric, its pink is rapidly replaced by Clyde's own blue.

[Iddil]
    The man reaches up to his lapel and taps it twice. "Can't say as I do. Can't say as I know who you are, either."

[Fregdup]
    Balls cascade over the ragged stone ledge as the team slips down into the tomb below, the rustle-and-squeak of plastic against plastic echoing dimly in the dark passages. Safety lamp and lighter casting sharp shadows that run like blood through the million tiny dips and crevices of the ancient carvings.

Kain, Samedi, and Inquisit inspect the walls while Dean watches the dark that lingers down the hallway to either side of them.

[9%/HIDDEN] Kain, remarkably, is the first to piece it together - the carvings, he realizes, are not simple decoration. They are a story. A tale flowing, left to right, along the walls. A young man, thrown into the Haze. Returns a victor, with the skins of beasts on his back. He is given something (hard to tell what it is. Some sort of light? A torch?) by a chief elder. The young man takes it, and kills the chief elder. The young man becomes a king.

[64%/HIDDEN] [80%/HIDDEN] Samedi and Inquisit find themselves off-put, unbalanced, by the... presence of this place. Samedi can feel the shadows crawl across his back, whispering to him, just out of range of his hearing.

[6%/20%] Dean hears the movement first. The rumble of stone, the rattle of steel, and the shuff-shuff of plastic. Something stirs in the black beyond the lights, down the hallway to their right. The balls stir around their feet.

[RSNC][Asteroid Field] Yan 0
    [Dancing Hummingbird (Space) (Sound)][Sprightly][Seductive]
    [i: Harmonic Mind Gi, Skimpy Neon Outfit (equipped), Fighting Rods, Breather and Goggles]

Yan looks up at the ceiling, at Sophia's voice.. It was entirely preposterous. Utterly silly, and, quite frankly, irresponsible. It was disrespectful, and completely, unwavering insane.

It was beautiful.

She calls out to the others, letting the power trail out toward them along with Sokudo's knowledge of sound. <Gin Mei, Boku, other Vek, I - we need your focus. On Sokudo, now.> Her free hand reaches down, and pulls her fighting rod from its place on the floor decks away, spinning it around beneath her fingers. <Boku, get to a computer console and light it up, you're on keyboard. Vek, follow Sokudo's lead - we need bass. Gin Mei, find something to drum on and try to keep the time.>

She reaches up and places a hand on Sokudo's shoulder, running his finger up his neck, grabbing his chin and pulling his gaze down to meet hers. She lets the Resonance flow through them, opens her implants up to channel, amplify the energy.

"This is it, Sokudo," she says, smiling up at him. "This is the big show. We've got the whole band together, we've got the equipment all set up, and we've got the whole universe as our audience."

She presses her forehead to his, and her eyes go bright. "Let's rock this bitch."

• DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    [Daliah] [Δ Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [ ] [ ]
    25/25 6/10 2/19 7/11 0/0 0/0 1/10 3/16 0/0 0/0 1/1 Auto: On
    [Circus Acrobat][Elegant] [Catlike Reflexes] [Illusion Magic]
    i: Wooden Staff, Circus Silks, Domino Mask, [Desert Hood]

"Because we are paying you. Your boss is gone, if you wish to follow him. I understand if you have... misplaced loyalties. Feel free to leave." Daliah purses her lips, and scans the room. They better be worth the effort.

Miss me? Find me on:

[Irmin Kross] [Team S Iddil μ] A: [ ] [ ] [ ]
    23/25 6/6 0/3 0/10 0/0 0/10 0/0 0/0 0/0 0/0 Auto: On
    [Monk][Iron Will][Tough Hide] [Fleshshifter]
    i: Ragged Jeans, HEXcomm

Irmin casts a hard eye at the man. "Look, we're hear about your angel dust pushing into turf you don't need to be in. Now, we can talk and this will all go easy. Or, you can bring out whatever you're calling henchmen and we'll do this quickly."

xI8QS1g.jpg?1
    [Lemit]
    "And where's this pay, exactly? We ain't take back-end." A weedly thug at the far end of the group raises his hand, but Rings quickly spins on him. "Yette, that is not what it means and you know that!"

Yette lowers his hand.

Also, instead of doing my homework (like I should've been) I was seriously looking for the perfect song for Yan's post.

I never found it.

Daliah holds a finger to her lips. "Shhhh." She flips open her Hexcom.

[cassandra

can you get the account for these people

standard rate for their operation]

Miss me? Find me on:

Hey looks like something magical is happening

[Lemit]
    They are thugs, Ms. Daliah, they have no standard rate.

A beep a few seconds later.

So I just dropped a thousand into each of their accounts. I'm sure you'll find a way to repay me later.

• MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    [Zee] [Δ Lemit] A: [Cassandra] [] [] []
    25/25 4/5 0/0 5/5 9/10 0/00/0 0/0 0/0 5/5 0/0 Auto: On
    [Coordinator] [Numb] [Trustworthy] [-]
    i: Casual Clothing

Zee looks skeptical about this whole business but is content to just kinda hang out until he can get caught back up on current events.

Heehee

xI8QS1g.jpg?1

I am sure I will

thank you

Daliah snaps her phone shut. "Check your accounts. It is a sample of your future profits."

Miss me? Find me on:

edited May 2012
    [Lemit]
    Rings and the others flip out their phones and check their accounts suspiciously. Rings rolls his jaw and narrows his eyes. "Alright. Good trick. So, you just want us on business as usual? Raiding the black market passes?"

DE?AD on
    just spent three hours being yelled at by my mom and grandfather about the selfishness of my feeling bad these last two weeks

I haven't had the right attitude

so to fix that, they scream at me

at one point I was trying to squeeze past my grandfather standing in the doorway between me and my sister and I was shouting so he took that as a que to throw me into the wall and slam a foot into my groin. he later said that from his point of view, I was "out of control".

I love my family

I love my fucking life

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
    edited May 2012
    :|

E: I hate these smilies. I am not being sarcastic, I am expressing a dumbfounded amazement at the sheer ignorant rage of people like the folks you talk about Tommy.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.