As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    PraetorPraetor [Redacted]Registered User regular
    *whispers* random...

Join the dark side, you know you want to.

3DS FC: 3067-6095-3603
  • Options
    narwhalnarwhal monodon monoceros Registered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    dear diary

i think that next ladder season I'm going to start fresh laddering on KR. I played on there last night, and I don't know if its that my current ISP has better routing to Korea than my old one at the old house did, but I actually get better latency there using wireless internet as I do now, than I did before on DSL.

NA latency is pretty rubbish for me, honestly - even when not streaming, micro is basically not worth it.
    SEA latency is relatively excellent (though still nothing compared to someone playing on NA _from_ NA, you fucking bastards), but there is fuck-all players playing on that server

KR latency is decent, ranks somewhere between NA and SEA, there is a good-sized population, and I have the account ready to go. The only downside is how unbelievably all-in they all play, but I can learn to beat that. A glass or two of wine beforehand helps.

Now I just have to decide if I want to be Terran or Protoss. A week ago, Terran for sure. But I've been watching Protoss streamers again lately and it got me excited all over again. so conflicted.

You know what the right decision is dhal. Search your heart you know it to be true.

Narwhal#1834
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    narwhal wrote: »
    dear diary

i think that next ladder season I'm going to start fresh laddering on KR. I played on there last night, and I don't know if its that my current ISP has better routing to Korea than my old one at the old house did, but I actually get better latency there using wireless internet as I do now, than I did before on DSL.

NA latency is pretty rubbish for me, honestly - even when not streaming, micro is basically not worth it.
    SEA latency is relatively excellent (though still nothing compared to someone playing on NA _from_ NA, you fucking bastards), but there is fuck-all players playing on that server

KR latency is decent, ranks somewhere between NA and SEA, there is a good-sized population, and I have the account ready to go. The only downside is how unbelievably all-in they all play, but I can learn to beat that. A glass or two of wine beforehand helps.

Now I just have to decide if I want to be Terran or Protoss. A week ago, Terran for sure. But I've been watching Protoss streamers again lately and it got me excited all over again. so conflicted.

You know what the right decision is dhal. Search your heart you know it to be true.

Clearly the answer is to play Zerg on EU.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    hopefully by the time HOTS comes out i'll be able to actually play this again without crippling wrist pain :(

i know how dhal feels about getting excited to play protoss again

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

you should probably play protoss, you'll never be the best terran around here anyway

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    fatalspoonsfatalspoons Registered User regular
    kambing + mass reapers = hilariousness. He was accused of cheating. It was great.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    sleeping bag

oh god

so much for having clean non-threatening dreams tonight

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    The worst thing about the sleeping bag thing is that I am still not sure what he was trying to imply

I have climbed headfirst into one. It was just like diving under bedsheets.

• Options
    beat a top 8 masters protoss woooooo

he even went fast 3 base w/ templar. I did this thing where I dropped in his main and then attacked his third. weird wild stuff.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Anzekay wrote: »
    The worst thing about the sleeping bag thing is that I am still not sure what he was trying to imply

I have climbed headfirst into one. It was just like diving under bedsheets.

Maybe if you imagine it's 98 degrees outside, and some fat sweaty guy had been using it all day mere moments before you decided to climb in.

Oh God, I may have gone too far. I even scared myself. No sleep for me either Mig.

fatalspoons on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    some fat sweaty guy had been using it all day

i hope you mean the sleeping bag

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    kambing + mass reapers = hilariousness. He was accused of cheating. It was great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSoVyCczUU

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Oh God. I hate the sound of my own voice. I sound much better in my head.

• Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    Everyone thinks they sound better in their head.

• Options
    mEEksa wrote: »

In my head I sound like Sean Connery.

• Options
    it's something about the vibration of the inner ear that makes your voice sound different to you when you say it? something like that

the first time i heard my own voice i never wanted to talk again, i sound like a fourteen-year-old

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    huh, I have three different voices I use and after listening to myself recorded, only one of them sounds different to how I expected.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    Well aren't you special.

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    mEEksa wrote: »

I had a friend who had literally never heard his speech played back to him until about age 17, and he got really upset about how terrible he thought he sounded and took elocution lessons because of it.

It was pretty funny.

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Normally its your natural voice that sounds the most different in your head to what it really sounds like.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    fuck

so what i hear when listening to my voice recorded is what everyone else hears all the time?

• Options
    815165 wrote: »
    fuck

so what i hear when listening to my voice recorded is what everyone else hears all the time?

Pretty much.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    i'm pretty sure someone has been being overly nice to me because they think i'm disabled then

that's not a good feeling guys

• Options
    this tvt was sort of okay 20 minutes ago

when it was at 20 minutes

• Options
    I payed for a code S/A ticket, but I don't get to watch all of code A?

ok.

• Options
    jaziek wrote: »
    I payed for a code S/A ticket, but I don't get to watch all of code A?

ok.

that doesnt sound right.

• Options
    Well code A is on now, but I can't watch it because I bought the GSL light pass or whatever its called.

It was my understanding that this let you watch all of code S and code A live, and have access to the VODs, but not the GSTL, or any extra tourneys, and no mobile app or any other extras.

• Options
    Well code A is on now, but I can't watch it because I bought the GSL light pass or whatever its called.

It was my understanding that this let you watch all of code S and code A live, and have access to the VODs, but not the GSTL, or any extra tourneys, and no mobile app or any other extras.

light pass doesn't get you code A access anymore

• Options
    why..... why would they do that?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    This has been poorly explained by them.

basically, the premium ticket used to permit you to run dual streams from GomTV. They used to run two Code A matches at a time side by side, with free users only seeing one and premium being able to watch either or both.

They no longer run the simultaneous matches - the second stream has been moved to 13:00pm KST on weekdays. It is still considered to be a "Dual Stream" for ticketing purposes, however, and as such isn't available to Light or non-ticket holders.

I don't think this makes a lot of sense on face value, and I also think that, looked at from this angle, it looks unfair.

EDIT

light pass doesn't get you code A access anymore

Yes, it does, but only the normal time Code A matches, not the extra ones which previously used to be broadcast at the same time as the others, but which are now moved forward so that premium users can watch one, then the other, rather than having to split their attention and bandwidth.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I <3 DRG but I don't think this match is hype enough to lose sleep over

maybe im just bitter over this whole code A thing
    (i am)

• Options
    edited May 2012
    there is no way DRG vs Ace is worth staying up to watch.

If you want to see a Protoss get crushed by a Zerg, you can watch Stephano stream anytime.

edit: or me

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    redraptorredraptor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Hopefully OGN getting into the space brings out some better Korean foreigner tournament structures.

The original one giant GSL tournament format just feels like it would allow more underdog stories to blossom, as well as give foreigners deeper runs. Certainly there's issues with player prep time, and giving stability to players who should consistently be invited but man, the more your event can mimic March Madness the better.

They must have enough data to get around the seeding problems they had when they originally devised code A/S.

If things were on a very sharp 2 week team league, 2 week super tournament schedule I think my brain would be able to get into things a bit better. Tracking the wonkyness that are up&downs, qualifications and what not is pretty rough.

redraptor on
  • Options
    I think I like the idea of a giant tournament, but I also like the league system. I feel like OGN running a big OSL type league alongside the GSL would be the best outcome, but it might be too much for the players.

• Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Weird, my voice sounds like 40x sexier when played back to me.

In my head its nasal and whiny.

• Options
    Oh my god. That was the worst engagement of all time for ace.

• Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Ugh...Why does the idle banter used to fill games from Wolf annoy me SO much more than other casters?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    jjakji completely botches that 3 rax marine and pull all your SCVs attack, but LOL TERRAN so he's still fine.

I mean, I get that jjakji is just that much better than JYP. But it is frustrating to watch a terran go down to a total of 2 mining SCVs, fail his attack and then not be behind.

jaziek on
  • Options
    my voice sounds a lot less australian in my head.

• Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    So what happened to Ace and DRG?

This discussion has been closed.