As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends]: It's something to do when Diablo 3 is down.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to ask for a refund on some RP in the character of Gob from Arrested Development

My message is titled "I've made a huge mistake" and it starts with "Michael, you've gotta help me."

and that's about it

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    I'm trying to ask for a refund on some RP in the character of Gob from Arrested Development

My message is titled "I've made a huge mistake" and it starts with "Michael, you've gotta help me."

and that's about it

What are you refunding out of curiosity?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Riven + skin

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Riven + skin

GET OUT OF MY THREAD.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Draygo wrote: »

Recalculate with 30 more armor. Also you are assuming cs equivlancy and in my experience you can secure more cs if you go wriggles early. And deny the enemy carry cs. As soon as you finish your IE you are pretty much ahead perm.

Eh, the armor doesn't much matter except in direct trades. But once the IE comes out we aren't really in direct trade territory anymore, either the combat will be asymmetric or its a team fight. In a team fight we probably aren't going to be shooting each other and if its asymmetric then the question is more "why are you planning on being on the wrong side of an asymmetric fight so that you can run away easier". If we're in laning then by that point champion selection is likely to matter more in trades than items [unless one side has a massive advantage].

And i suppose i could assume that one AD carry was better than the other, but i don't think that is fair.

I will say this, the sustain on the wriggles is pretty nice[the procs give lifesteal too iirc] as is the ability to take jungle creeps. It has a lot of lane power in the middle point compared to dorans/vamp[because you can't keep buying them] and you don't have to sell it until far later in the game[both because its more useful later and because it only takes up one item slot]

But it does take a long time to get started and isn't as strong in the early laning when your opponent can stack dorans. I feel like its a good pickup if you get an early lane advantage but don't have time to go back until you're completing it. You can then use it to leverage objectives like dragon and be a bully in lane compared to your opponent who has to stack dorans. But if you have to go back before that, its better to get the dorans blades immediately. They delay your big items less and you need to buy them lest you let an early advantage snowball.
    As soon as you finish your IE you are pretty much ahead perm.

As soon as you finish your IE they have IE and Zeal which is a pretty big deal

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
    I am awful with her, feeding terribly

if anything I am doing you and her a service by not tarnishing her reputation any further

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Played trees against curse gaming and one of my teammates DCed like 10 times throughout the match. ;(

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Talith wrote: »
    Played trees against curse gaming and one of my teammates DCed like 10 times throughout the match. ;(

At least you got complimented by Crumbzz with your Pro Riven play.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    wriggles+doran's is a bully build. you build it then bully them out of lane because you have way more armor and health.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Finally got the chance to experience Fiora vs Vlad top lane. Was originally going to go Ryze but then Delph yelled at me that Fiora is a counter for Vlad.

Welp, he was right. Vlad ended the game with 1/3rd of his team's deaths. They also tried a swap with him and the Lulu mid who was getting ruined by Ziggs and that didn't work too well for them either.

I run alot more defensive masteries and runes than he does, went Boots, Vamp, Tear(!), Merc's, Manamune(!), Phage, Phantom Dancer

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »

Also you are assuming cs equivlancy
    As soon as you finish your IE you are pretty much ahead perm.

As soon as you finish your IE they have IE and Zeal which is a pretty big deal
    ding wrong.
    Jars wrote: »
    wriggles+doran's is a bully build. you build it then bully them out of lane because you have way more armor and health.

ding correct. Unless you failed to abuse wriggles (why wouldnt you) you can easily stop them from getting that zeal by denying them cs. And when you are ready to stop laning, killing their tower.

If I go wriggles and they dont, they might be a 420ish gold ahead into the hypercarry build, with that gap shortening as time goes on. And I probably was in lane longer, and I probably survived the first few fights to get more K/A. Snowball. The armor does matter, because I rarely leave laning when I go wriggles without the IE. Which means I am doing a lot of trades.

• SandarSandar Registered User new member
    So, i'm not quite sure where to put this, so I decided on the LoL Thread!

My girlfriend and I have recently moved to the Bloomington/Normal Illinois area, and are looking to meet some new people and generally get out and about.

We'll be at the Hayashi Japanese Restaurant (Located on South Veterans Parkway) on Friday the 11th at 6 PM. Any fellow LoL players or just PA members in general are more than welcome to join us!

There shall be sushi, drinks, and much talk of killing mans.

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    If I go wriggles and they dont, they might be a 420ish gold ahead into the hypercarry build, with that gap shortening as time goes on. And I probably was in lane longer, and I probably survived the first few fights to get more K/A. Snowball. The armor does matter, because I rarely leave laning when I go wriggles without the IE. Which means I am doing a lot of trades.

I tried it and it worked quite well, not sure if that is because my opponents were terrible, or because it was really strong. But it felt good, it made clearing the jungle after pushing waves easier and faster. Didn't get to do a lot of bullying because i was playing Ashe and had no support.

wbBv3fj.png
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    yeah I steal golems all the time when i go wriggles, that 50g adds up quickly. Typically if you have a support you are going to be able to push down the enemy tower by permapushing the lane so they have to cs under their tower. And you just poke it once in a while. Keep your ward out so you always know when you are going to get ganked so you can back up.

Also you are allowing your support to buy less wards, which means they can itemize a bit better, you are putting pressure on their tower which forces their jungle bottom more often, releiving your mid and top of the extra pressure. And because you got that ward out you are going to be able to avoid the gank, wasting the enemy junglers time.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »

I'd just like everyone to know that I play really well until shit hits the fan... you guys are the shit.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    yeah I steal golems all the time when i go wriggles, that 50g adds up quickly. Typically if you have a support you are going to be able to push down the enemy tower by permapushing the lane so they have to cs under their tower. And you just poke it once in a while. Keep your ward out so you always know when you are going to get ganked so you can back up.

Also you are allowing your support to buy less wards, which means they can itemize a bit better, you are putting pressure on their tower which forces their jungle bottom more often, releiving your mid and top of the extra pressure. And because you got that ward out you are going to be able to avoid the gank, wasting the enemy junglers time.
    I don't really like to do it, but if you have the Wriggles in bot your support only needs 1 ward at a time for coverage, since you get the other spot. It's pretty powerful. (Not counting times when you need to ward the bushes)

I usually just do double Doran's (or if I'm really ahead single+Vamp) and occasionally pick up a ward to try and help out the support

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    beat the server shutdown by 16 seconds

I've never won a game as Vayne

Sometimes I'm partly to blame, sometimes I'm not

But still, this is pretty sad

Give me Vayne tips so I can carry harder

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Step 1: focus on last hitting until you can kill every minion in the wave like a machine
    Step 2: carry like a fucking truck because your last hitting got you so much gold you outclass everyone else on account of being vayne with items

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Can Ezreal do this, Talith? Can Ezreal outclass everyone with items? 8->

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    Only when combined with a true display of skill.

Dancing Bagel
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Ezreal would if he weren't so busy roaming. The guy's an explorer, you expect him to be tied down to one lane?

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    so thoughts on the new guy?

i just bought him but one of the gentlemen in my queue spent about 40 seconds begging me to change characters and let him play Varus.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Can Ezreal do this, Talith? Can Ezreal outclass everyone with items? 8->

I think his mechanics / itemization reward being an anti-carry rather than a carry, personally. I can usually fuck up the enemy carry's last hits, if not kill them several times, and Ez works well at moderate gold values than traditional AD carries, so even if that costs me some gold relative to AFK farm fests, that's fine.

rre: Wriggle's discussion: It also helps with dragon control and counter jungling enemy blue, particularly on Ez. Stealing blue as Ez not only deprives their mid, but allows a withering barrage of harassment. It's doubly useful since it allows you to your use magic damage abilities more, so even if they try to itemize against your damage, they cannot.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Took Olaf into a botmatch to give him a spin.

Team runs around like headless chickens. Yell at me for not ganking when they've pushed all the way up to turrets. Lose the game.

Aww yeah.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    First impressions of Varus, having given him a quick go in a bot game;

His Q is an absurdly good poke. Absurdly good. It's long ranged, fast, and deals a decent chunk of damage. Great for nailing a fleeing enemy.

His W is a nice bit of added on-hit damage. The blight procs when using other spells didn't seem too noticeable, but an AP build might change that. The exception to this is against monsters - each blight stack does up to 360 damage to a monster, so three stacks are effectively a Cho ult. That's probably going to make Varus awesome when contesting objectives.

E didn't seem that great to me. The slow was nice, but that's about it.

His ult's a real disappointment. I was expecting something more like Ashe's ult, but it's a fairly low ranged skillshot that didn't seem to want to stun more than one person. In a real game it might be better, because bots aren't known for their team-fighting abilities. Still, it's got a fast cast time, so combined with Q you're really good at chasing down enemies.

The passive feels kind of risky. If you're doing badly in a fight, it's not going to help (obviously). But if you find yourself in a 2v1, and manage to take out one of them... well, the second one's going to go down a lot easier with a 40% attack speed buff.

Burnage on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Just gave him a spin. His ult really seems to be pretty darn effective. While it is short range it can really turn the tide of any chase.

Still not sure on how to level his skills the best. To be honest I haven't really noticed the passive too much but it seems like he's a character who would greatly benefit from some slowing items.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    At a glance r>q>w>e seems like a decent prio for laning, possibly leveling w over q if you can auto the enemy a lot.

E seems like a 1 point wonder for slow/more triggering blight stacks though.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    how do you even lose a botmatch i dont even know

@Varus: His Q has a 1.6 AD ratio. Not Bonus AD, just straight up fucking AD; that's gonna be nerfed as fuck eventually.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    how do you even lose a botmatch i dont even know

@Varus: His Q has a 1.6 AD ratio. Not Bonus AD, just straight up fucking AD; that's gonna be nerfed as fuck eventually.

It's possible! Even when I was duo queued with my buddy who's (unlike me) level 30 and has hunneds of wins, it's possible.

One person disconnects, one person is utterly useless, and the 3 champs left standing just can't kill the 5 quick-respawning buggers fast enough.

I forget who I was playing that game, but I think it was Sona, who I suppose I could've tried building mage to help put out enough damage, but I am dumb and didn't even think of that at the time.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    so thoughts on the new guy?

i just bought him but one of the gentlemen in my queue spent about 40 seconds begging me to change characters and let him play Varus.
    He's basically an Urgot variant.

Hit them with an aoe skillshot slow, then use that to land a powerful combo on them.

His ult's pretty meh unless you combine it with someone else's aoe root/slow, or the enemy team is in a bad position, or is just bad.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Mumu+Trundle can take on 5 bots and win the match, as long as one of them builds full tank and the other gets an offensive stacking item. Bruisers, tanks and AD carries are by far the best for uneven bot-matches.

• CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Mumu+Trundle can take on 5 bots and win the match, as long as one of them builds full tank and the other gets an offensive stacking item. Bruisers, tanks and AD carries are by far the best for uneven bot-matches.

My normal strategy for intermediate bots is to take Jax mid, get two or three kills there, take the tower, then farm all four corners of the jungle. Once I get Warmogs, I can mostly solo their entire team.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    why was I so stupid as to queue for ranked on the morning of a new champ release

first pick instalocks Varus, hasn't played him before

huntresssig.jpg
  • schussschuss Registered User regular

If you were bad with riven, you're probably not going to do much better with vayne, as they're both positioning focused champs. Good vaynes are always one tumble away from a condemn stun, and they use that whenever possible.

• ZyrxilZyrxil Registered User regular
    Eh, if the wikia values are correct, I don't see that Varus' Q is anything to fear in lane since it has a huge glowing red tell. It's also has pretty high mana costs so you can't use it much in lane, and a pretty high cooldown. I would really say R->W->E->Q, abusing his 25 extra range for Blight onhit damage and the fast animation speed of E to trigger the stacks- since E is continuous, you can AA even more to trigger more stacks as the other guy is running out..

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    If you do badly as Vayne even with decent farm, then it's basically your poor positioning or your team's poor positioning. She kills people incredibly fast but dies at the same speed, you can't let anyone get a lock on you really.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Zyrxil wrote: »
    Eh, if the wikia values are correct, I don't see that Varus' Q is anything to fear in lane since it has a huge glowing red tell.

You can fire it pretty much instantly.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Man, they should totally just let Corporate Mundo write all the press releases.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    schuss wrote: »

If you were bad with riven, you're probably not going to do much better with vayne, as they're both positioning focused champs. Good vaynes are always one tumble away from a condemn stun, and they use that whenever possible.
    schuss wrote: »

Oddly Riven still has yet to click with me but I have been destroying with Vayne. I think it is the melee vs range thing, not sure though still pretty new to the game. Funny that those are the only two champs I have bought.

Last night I was thinking for all the hate the LoL community gets, it is actually pretty damn good. Met lots of decent randoms that communicate well and plenty of GGs after matches conclude. Compared to something like Gears of War on xbox live this community is pretty great so far.

This discussion has been closed.