As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a triple turtle [chat]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    Thanks, Ludious.

I'll always be there with youtube videos that are literal interpretations of posts.

I'm not the hero you need, but I'm the hero you deserve.

• Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    Everything makes me happy

You guys being me is so wonderful

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    @organichu thanks for the reply. I think I am gonna try out the trial run at Belcher's gym.

Did Chu recommend you doing BJJ? Because if he didn't you totally should. He probably did, so I will merely back him up on his statement.
    Do it.

• Options
    I really enjoy Kevin Smith's podcasts. Also Joe Rogan's.

But it's weird because in both cases, 9 times out of 10, it's just them talking to their friends. So it's kinda like lurking on a forum and getting familiar with everyone, but never talking back. So there's this creepy voyeurism that kinda goes on with podcasts.

For example, when I first started posting on the PA forums years and years ago, it was mainly G&T [chat]. When that imploded, I went dark. I spent quite a while just reading D&D [chat]. When I started posting in it, I had to be careful not to act overly familiar with people because they didn't know who the fuck I was in the slightest.

So there's this uncomfortableness to putting yourself out there in a way that someone can know you (to a degree) and you not know them. I honestly think this is a new plight. Even for a celebrity. Because Jay Leno interviews aren't THEM. A lot of time these little podcasts are.

So there's my little bit of musing for the morning.

cocks dicks lol

It is very interesting because I feel like I know gabe and tycho on a deeply personal level

but they have no fucking clue who I am

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Everything makes me happy

You guys being me is so wonderful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RqWpWtY9vU

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    polar bears are the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC26JK9nk-8

skip to 2:14

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Campy wrote: »
    @organichu thanks for the reply. I think I am gonna try out the trial run at Belcher's gym.

Did Chu recommend you doing BJJ? Because if he didn't you totally should. He probably did, so I will merely back him up on his statement.
    Do it.

I am. my only concern is cost. I have a feeling it's gonna be $$$$

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    polar bears are the fiercest killers in the animal kingdom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC26JK9nk-8

skip to 2:14

they still look so damn goofy

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Ha. That DayZ mod pushed ArmA2 into the third spot on Steam's top seller list.

It's amazing to me that no one has made this game until now

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Polar Bears are Uncle Toms livin in a white man's fur

• Options
    blow job jitsu

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    dang, it sounds like the worst design engineer is going to be picking up my tasks. Sorry, NASA!

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I used to take Muay Thai at an awesome hole in the wall place in Cinci. Great group of people, not too expensive, no contract. Then I lost my job, my car died, and the economy tanked, and by the time I was able to consider classes again, the place was no longer open.

Since then, the only spot I've been able to find near me was all about a high-pressure sales pitch and yearly contract and all these extra fees and the guy was a total douchenozzle.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Ha. That DayZ mod pushed ArmA2 into the third spot on Steam's top seller list.

It's amazing to me that no one has made this game until now

Well it sort of existed as a turnbased browser thing.

But honestly the ArmA engine is the only large landscape huge multiplayer fps engine out there? I'm not aware of any others.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options

Do it.

All depends on the gym you go to. I lucked out and started at my place while they were still hurting for members a little. Now they're doing fine they've jacked up the price 150%, but all the people who were already members stay at the original price, woop woop!

Where abouts in the whole wide world are ye?

• Options
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    dang, it sounds like the worst design engineer is going to be picking up my tasks. Sorry, NASA!

We all have a lot of reasons to apologize to NASA.

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    blow job jitsu

Gives new meaning to the term "whacks on, whacks off".

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Happy Winky makes me Happy. :D

• Options
    yeah I have the luxury of reality on my side. I -can't- be talked into a contract because there is little to no chance I will be in this state for another 365 days. So if this gym turns out to be that way, they can eat a dick. But this is the dirty south. I have trouble believing they only have contract options because this is a state where people keep their savings in their mattress.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    What the hell, Apple. This is the Year of our Lord 2012.

1336434569843-H74PX2VP6I9P0DL8YZQL-500w.png

• Options

Do it.

All depends on the gym you go to. I lucked out and started at my place while they were still hurting for members a little. Now they're doing fine they've jacked up the price 150%, but all the people who were already members stay at the original price, woop woop!

Biloxi, MS

It's kinda like Uganda

only less murder but a shoddier infrastructure

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular

You best be restarting it.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    My boss has traveled a lot for the military. If you mention Biloxi, he'll start naming Middle Eastern hellholes that he'd rather live in.

• Options

Do it.

Biloxi, MS

It's kinda like Uganda

Equivalent numbers of people handing children guns

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I found the base place to work out in Biloxi was the Isle of Capri buffet. >.>
    And finish it up on the quarter slots.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    And Technology Review? We sold 353 subscriptions through the iPad. We never discovered how to avoid the necessity of designing both landscape and portrait versions of the magazine for the app. We wasted $124,000 on outsourced software development. We fought amongst ourselves, and people left the company. There was untold expense of spirit. I hated every moment of our experiment with apps, because it tried to impose something closed, old, and printlike on something open, new, and digital.

Last fall, we moved all the editorial in our apps, including the magazine, into a simple RSS feed in a river of news. We dumped the digital replica. Now we're redesigning Technologyreview.com, which we made entirely free for use, and we'll follow the Financial Times in using HTML5, so that a reader will see Web pages optimized for any device, whether a desktop or laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone. Then we'll kill our apps, too.

• Options

Do it.

Biloxi, MS

It's kinda like Uganda

The deep South is one of the places on my "do not visit and get drunk" list, because I'm sure I would end up in some sort of terribad situation.

Have you found many gyms around you? I think the US is probably the best place outside of Brazil for choice of gyms, but it looks like you're not near any large city centres.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

I was pretty dissapointed yesterday, installed some drivers that said I should restart before using them and they were in fact crippled until I restarted, which was frustrating because I couldn't figure out why things weren't working since they half-worked. I mean, even video drivers are easy enough to install without restarting and upgrading video drivers used to be the worst thing in the world. Well, except for updating raid drivers but you didn't ever really need to do that thank god.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    And Technology Review? We sold 353 subscriptions through the iPad. We never discovered how to avoid the necessity of designing both landscape and portrait versions of the magazine for the app. We wasted $124,000 on outsourced software development. We fought amongst ourselves, and people left the company. There was untold expense of spirit. I hated every moment of our experiment with apps, because it tried to impose something closed, old, and printlike on something open, new, and digital.

Last fall, we moved all the editorial in our apps, including the magazine, into a simple RSS feed in a river of news. We dumped the digital replica. Now we're redesigning Technologyreview.com, which we made entirely free for use, and we'll follow the Financial Times in using HTML5, so that a reader will see Web pages optimized for any device, whether a desktop or laptop computer, a tablet, or a smart phone. Then we'll kill our apps, too.

More power to them. Device-aware responsive design is the way to go. Fuck device-specific apps for this kind of stuff.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    I was pretty dissapointed yesterday, installed some drivers that said I should restart before using them and they were in fact crippled until I restarted, which was frustrating because I couldn't figure out why things weren't working since they half-worked. I mean, even video drivers are easy enough to install without restarting and upgrading video drivers used to be the worst thing in the world. Well, except for updating raid drivers but you didn't ever really need to do that thank god.

Yeah, it's so damn annoying when an installer says you have to restart, because that's how it always has been and the "Ask to restart?" option is on by default when people configure the installers.

If I recompiled the kernel I'd see the point, but 98% of apps never need to restart to "finish installing".

• Options
    edited May 2012

Do it.

Biloxi, MS

It's kinda like Uganda

The deep South is one of the places on my "do not visit and get drunk" list, because I'm sure I would end up in some sort of terribad situation.

Have you found many gyms around you? I think the US is probably the best place outside of Brazil for choice of gyms, but it looks like you're not near any large city centres.

Well I guess Alan Belcher is kind of a big deal in MMA and he is based out of Biloxi and has a big gym which is where I'm going to try first. They have a 3 sessions + 1 private lesson + outfit for $60 deal

Ludious on
  • Options

More power to them. Device-aware responsive design is the way to go. Fuck device-specific apps for this kind of stuff.

Seriously. So many "apps" are just "hey guys, we spent $Texas formatting our web page for your Blackberry! Web 2.0! Synergy!"

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

It's true, replicating web functionality in apps was a really stupid trend that should die. There was a very unfortunate mixture of everyone trying to jump on the app bandwagon and nobody supporting the standards for web based applications (flash) in the mobile world. Fortunately we got html 5 out of the mess.

twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Do android / IOS devices allow you to (easily) place a bookmark to a webpage as an icon?

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    SanderJK wrote: »
    Do android / IOS devices allow you to (easily) place a bookmark to a webpage as an icon?

I know android does, it's basically the exact same process as you would use to place a shortcut to an application but when it asks for what you want a shortcut to you hit bookmark instead of application.

EDIT: I'm on froyo which is really old at this point, so there may be a better way to handle this now.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited May 2012

in iOS you can just poke "Add to home screen" in the options menu for a page.

edit: actually, I should just do that for the forum bookmarks page.

Echo on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Well, on Ice Cream Sandwich you have the option of syncing chrome bookmarks to your phone assuming you have your google account synced to your phone... but to add a new bookmark it's just Menu Button > Save to bookmarks

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Back from the states.

Just a brief highlight is that it took 32 hours to get from Stockholm to MN. The flight from JFK to Chicago took 8 hours instead of 2,5. Stormcloud hanging around over O'Hare, late departure and landing to refuel in Indiana after circling O'Hare unsuccessfully for about an hour. Refueling took over 3 hours to complete, because over 20 planes did the exact same thing as us. All that time we spent sitting buckled and not moving around at all, in a tiny aircraft.

Obviously missed connection to MN so had to spend the night at O'Hare. They set up temporary beds inside the gate area WHICH WAS AN AMAZING THING BECAUSE YOU HAD TO GO OUTSIDE OF IT TO PICK UP YOUR CHECKED IN BAGGAGE!! All checkpoints were closed and so a couple of hundred people, us included, slept on the fucking stone floor outside while being able to see all the EMPTY beds inside the secure area.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Really good trip though but fuck American Airlines.

PSN: Honkalot
This discussion has been closed.