As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Google Wave] OPEN TO ALL: invites no longer necessary!

1242526272830»

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    templewulf wrote: »
    DeathPrawn wrote: »
    templewulf wrote: »
    I'm still using it for project collaboration. For instance, when setting up a repository, I document my set up process so that others can see if I make mistakes. I also post links to research, and because you can edit it, I cross out the links when we decide they aren't useful.

I'm actually pretty unhappy that this is going out. Back to google docs, I guess?

A wiki?

I'd considered that, but I like the email contact style approach with Wave. I don't want to set up a separate wiki for each contact list. Though our team is small enough that it probably wouldn't matter.

It is open source. Maybe someone else will set up a public server, or you could set up your own/company's.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    agoaj wrote: »
    It is open source.

Kind of sort of. Parts of it are, other parts are not. There's a lot of fragments, and not very much of the web GUI, as far as I can tell.

The PyGoWave implementation looks like the easiest way to get something reasonably close to Wave running. Their blog says they'll be implementing the web GUI in SproutCore, which bodes well for having (a) a slick UI (Apple uses this for their iPhone-related web-apps) and (b) visible progress.

Frem on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Frem wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    It is open source.

Kind of sort of. Parts of it are, other parts are not. There's a lot of fragments, and not very much of the web GUI, as far as I can tell.

The PyGoWave implementation looks like the easiest way to get something reasonably close to Wave running. Their blog says they'll be implementing the web GUI in SproutCore, which bodes well for having (a) a slick UI (Apple uses this for their iPhone-related web-apps) and (b) visible progress.

I think Google have their own unique language for running webapps on their servers, it's supposedly a bit esoteric and uniquely designed to run on their massive server farms so I doubt we may see a full source release of wave. Unless google also releases the interpreter for their language.

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Apologies for the necro post but I got an email yesterday from Rizzoma.com, which seems to be the Opensource Wave inheritor. It looks like they've imported a bunch of waves from Google Wave too, hence the email I got notifying me of such

http://rizzoma.com/#for-google-wave-users

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Wave had a lot of promise, it's a shame it failed so horribly.

G+ will go the same way, which is a shame, since it's better than Facebook, IMO.