As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a triple turtle [chat]

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    f6Fw0.gif

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    @organichu thanks for the reply. I think I am gonna try out the trial run at Belcher's gym.

Did Chu recommend you doing BJJ? Because if he didn't you totally should. He probably did, so I will merely back him up on his statement.
    Do it.

Belcher apparently made a really douchey speech at the end of his last fight but I don't know the details of it. He is a pretty good fighter though. Doesn't necessarily mean his gym is good for students but anyhoo.

I haven't watched the fight yet (main card got spoilt by my friend, grrr) so don't know about any douchiness, but Belcher is world class so I expect his gym will be too, at least in terms of equipment anyways. Also, Ludious should join if only to get a look at that terrible tattoo up close and personal.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Nexus and nerd, you are like the Bad Opinion Twins today.

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    no eddy

NO

HOW DID YOU KNOW THE TRUUUUUUTHHHHHHHHHH

obF2Wuw.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Nexus and nerd, you are like the Bad Opinion Twins today.

Why don't you explain it to me using 45 pages of chat logs

Bad Opinion Twin powers, activate!
    Shape of: a grognard!
    Form of: a bucket of lonely tears!

• SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    That XKCD can be sung to the tune of a certain opera but I don't know which one. ReBoot also parodied it with the musical at the end called Everything is Alphanumeric.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Homestuck is the only piece of western art that I would say is comparable to the best animes

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    fuck man

maybe I will go work from home

I feel like I'm going to barf

fuck man

poor skippybrain

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    to be honest skippy if you feeling super ill and you can get work from home permission why stick it out at work

obF2Wuw.png
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Ugh.

Friend and colleague is really trying to push me into being involved in a business he's trying to set up.

Going to be so hard to navigate this without lots of hurt feelings and resentment.

... Sarks, the opera is The Pirates of Penzance.

Are you feeling OK?

Gilbert & Sullivan's Pirates of Penance

It even says G&S on like, the second line

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    XKCD isn't a comic many people would accuse of being anti-intellectual and I don't think yesterday's comic is anti education really. As someone who's been like "man I don't know if I'm interested in any major or any job" I can relate.

wandering on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    fuck man

:i

Poor skippy

P.s. I think I understand ascension but now I want to buy the real game argh

Xkcd could certainly be accused of being lazy and pandering, though

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    There isn't a job that exists for me. Unless someone will pay me to read obscure 20th century literature and sit around writing obscure poems. And play Dungeons and Dragons. And sing bad punk songs alone in my room.

• DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    The assumption, the graduating et al, or the wager?

Well I AM a white person!

I keed, I just don't like when the forums are slow.

@Dynagrip

Muay Thai is srs bizness. Just push your elbow back in their face! It's just kinda how it works!

It was BJJ, so I was on my back and he was the instructor and my size or bigger so I was pretty much trapped. It was not a successful sales pitch of a session. Also, the place followed the Houston BJJ gym tradition of having no AC so the mats were covered in sweat, as were your classmates. Fucking disgusting. Lack of air conditioning doesn't build character. It grows ringworm and staph infections.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    There isn't a job that exists for me. Unless someone will pay me to read obscure 20th century literature and sit around writing obscure poems. And play Dungeons and Dragons. And sing bad punk songs alone in my room.

Can you start Wednesday?

work makes me so sad

need to find brain damaged millionaire supermodel or kill parents

obF2Wuw.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Set up a webcam. Some sick fuck out there has a fetish for it.

work makes me so sad

need to find brain damaged millionaire supermodel or kill parents

You need to find an alternate dimension where cute internet pictures are currency

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Tamin wrote: »

Can you start Wednesday?

What's the pay like? Benefits?

Deebaser wrote: »

Set up a webcam. Some sick fuck out there has a fetish for it.

I respect people who have dedicated YouTube channels, because I could never do that.

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    I so hate interesting people.

yGxvf.png
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

I challenge you to produce any syllable-perfect patter following "Modern Major-general", on any topic, and then come back here and discuss why it proves you're lazy.

:bz

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Eddy wrote: »
    The assumption, the graduating et al, or the wager?

Well I AM a white person!

I keed, I just don't like when the forums are slow.

@Dynagrip

Muay Thai is srs bizness. Just push your elbow back in their face! It's just kinda how it works!

It was BJJ, so I was on my back and he was the instructor and my size or bigger so I was pretty much trapped. It was not a successful sales pitch of a session. Also, the place followed the Houston BJJ gym tradition of having no AC so the mats were covered in sweat, as were your classmates. Fucking disgusting. Lack of air conditioning doesn't build character. It grows ringworm and staph infections.

Wait, why would you build any building in Houston without AC? That's just fucking madness.

Currently listening to our crazy receptionist discuss the various phases of Justin Beiber and when he started to "lost it".

This is my life.

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    so uh

i never really played diablo 2 because i'm a weirdo? but i should probably buy diablo 3 i think.

poo
    You should play Diablo 3. If I had a computer capable of running that shit, I would be doing that.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    there is no end of people on THE INTERNET who despise xkcd's politics but can't articulate why and rage a lot

aRkpc.gif
    She's saying Bieber is over the hill?

i havent even bought d3

not sure i can even be bothered

i played the beta and was kind of like... oh

obF2Wuw.png
    edited May 2012
    wandering wrote: »
    XKCD isn't a comic many people would accuse of being anti-intellectual and I don't think the comic is anti education really. As someone who's been like "man I don't know if I'm interested in any major or any job" I can relate.

I suppose the ostensible meaning is in the student explaining to his advisor why he can't pick a major. And of course it's presented in a tongue-in-cheek / ironic tone, for convenient defense of message. But in giving the common polemics as to why xyz majors are shit, such as an english degree being for naive dreamers, it seems to carry a more destructive message that education in certain fields doesn't have equal worth (yes, he pokes fun at Comp Sci and Physics as well, but having to slog through dense code or become an engineer doesn't seem as bad of an indictment as being the sexless unperson that is the philosophy major). Of course there are empirical differences in remuneration and future salary growth, etcetera. But all education, and everything that it entails, is still invaluable on a stratum more meaningful than money.

I felt it was presented in an overall pessimistic tone, and that it made a joke that is analogous to a racism joke about how every race is awful, but then proceeded to "equate" stuff like "blue people are awful because they have to go to a white collar job and have terrible sex" with "green people are awful because they can't count and are criminals".

Eddy on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    typin up my employee development plan

type type type

919UOwT.png
    spool32 wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

I challenge you to produce any syllable-perfect patter following "Modern Major-general", on any topic, and then come back here and discuss why it proves you're lazy.

:bz

Yes, I am sure it is very difficult to match different words to a tune

ronya wrote: »
    there is no end of people on THE INTERNET who despise xkcd's politics but can't articulate why and rage a lot

Does xkcd have politics? I thought it was just faceless stick figures making geology jokes and stuff.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    syndalis wrote: »
    Welcome back, Deebs!

We missed ya! How was your beachside adventure?

@Syndalis

Thank you sir.
    It was pretty boss. I was actually posting on my phone from the balcony.

Stoked to be back though. I traded in my pool view for a view of the Red Clitoris Statue.

Cant wait for SleepNoMore

Deebaser on
  • skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    fuck man

:i

Poor skippy

P.s. I think I understand ascension but now I want to buy the real game argh

you just need some sweet sweet practice

I'm not sure what the optimal strategy is

I can beat the harder version of the AI like 1/3 of the time

desc wrote: »
    She's saying Bieber is over the hill?

Yes. Or that his music isn't as "fresh" as it used to be.

This discussion has been closed.