As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

VF5 Final Showdown June 6th, Everyone In This Thread Is Buying It [FIGHTING GAMES]

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I really enjoyed watching KOF on stream.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Watching the Seasons Beating SFxT top 8. Apparently I have been playing the game completely wrong.
    jabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjabjab

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    @Knob, when you're doing the dp.C xx rdp.b loops, are you using the shortcuts? I think I might try replacing dp with its shortcut but leaving the rdp motion alone. Is that what you're doing?

i do full motions, but if you do go shortcut you're right in leaving the rdp alone since it makes rdp+b xx orochinagi way easier

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    anyone feel like playing marvel/sfxt tonight?

7yh4xczljsym.png
    And all there is to getting that loop is just muscle memory. Turn on infinite hd, walk to the corner and do as many reps as you can over and over. The hard part for me was getting used to going fast then slow then fast then slow. The pauses in between rdp+b and dp+c threw me off so much more than the speed of canceling dp+c to rdp+b

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I'll play in two hours

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    I'll play in two hours

i too

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    would anyone like to partake in some pc streets tonight

I think I'm already set for the night, sorry bros

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Next Curleh Mustache is set for June 30th at Super Arcade in SoCal.

awe yes

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Next Curleh Mustache is set for June 30th at Super Arcade in SoCal.

awe yes

i'll be there.

i won't be on anything approaching the vicinity of the continent of the country of the state of the county of the town of the competitive level.

but i'm gonna go, because how do you not

lfYVHTd.png
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I can't get enough of Zak Bennett's team.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    edited May 2012
    And holy shit the grand finals match was crazy.
    Marvel is all about huge momentum swings, I guess. Even going back to winners' finals - Marlin went up 2-0, then Champ won three straight to knock him into losers. Then Marlin goes 3-0 to reset, then Champ starts 2-0, then Marlin makes a sick ass comeback in game three to start another 3-0 run to take it all, ending with that sick perfect.

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    And all there is to getting that loop is just muscle memory. Turn on infinite hd, walk to the corner and do as many reps as you can over and over. The hard part for me was getting used to going fast then slow then fast then slow. The pauses in between rdp+b and dp+c threw me off so much more than the speed of canceling dp+c to rdp+b

Yeah right now I can do dp.C xx rdp.b xx orochinagi....

and can't do anything after.

Its a start though!

Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    My character ADD in KOF continues to dominate who I put on point but lately I haven't been switching out of Athena/Iori in the back. Something about PSYCHO BAALLLL just keeps bringin' me back.

Landing a command grab in the corner and doing like 3 psycho ball juggles is the best

just peer over my shoulder at the guy next to me like :|

PSYCHO BALLLL PSYCHO BALLL PSYCHO BALLL

Walt wrote: »
    My character ADD in KOF continues to dominate who I put on point but lately I haven't been switching out of Athena/Iori in the back. Something about PSYCHO BAALLLL just keeps bringin' me back.

Landing a command grab in the corner and doing like 3 psycho ball juggles is the best

Masta CJ was doing that athena shit to lots of people at the tournament I went to last weekend.

He was doing it with Athena on point though. I think thats really where she belongs.

Flocker had a mean Athena too.

Characters I hate:

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »

Masta CJ was doing that athena shit to lots of people at the tournament I went to last weekend.

He was doing it with Athena on point though. I think thats really where she belongs.

Flocker had a mean Athena too.

I'm on the fence about putting Athena on point, I think having access to her DM and EX DM makes a huge different in terms of how scary she is overall, but on the other hand your opponent having to limit their meter usage in the first round makes zoning with Athena a lot more effective since it messes with people's meter strategy to need to burn it so early.

Last night I was putting Clark on point and then running Athena/Iori and the synergy was really nice. I never liked Clark's inefficient big damage combos and unless they put a zoning character on point he really doesn't need the meter anyways.

• SivrajSivraj Registered User regular
    I have to say Blackbeard, it's really fun playing you.

I feel like we're pretty close in skill level so the matches can go either way at a moment's notice. Regardless of how bad/good either of us are doing.

XBL - Degami | Steam - Degami | Battle.net - Degami #1837 | PSN - Degojin
    Wimble wrote: »

This is good but it was funnier when Ryan Hart ringed HIMSELF out after landing a combo.

Real strong, facetious.

I like the clip one more because I've seen accidental ring outs before but something planned like that is rad

4SMZq.jpg
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Any one around and wanna play some marvel or ae?

icGJy2C.png
    So I bit the bullet and decided to pick up Soul Calibur V.

Who does the most damage in a single combo in this game?

Characters I hate:

i dunno shit about sc5

but from the handful of top 8s ive seen, the best strategy seems to be 'pick nightmare, win game, act like a dick'

Characters I hate:

I believe astaroth also does a buttload of damage, but I, too, dunno shit about sc5 or how viable he actually is in this one

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    play mitsurugi

lfYVHTd.png

there is not a force known in modern science that could get me to go within 45 miles of fucking butte montana

there is not a force known in modern science that could get me to go within 45 miles of fucking butte montana

Why do they not have Marvel? Do they not play Marvel in Montana?

Look, butte is a place that fun, decency, common sense, and nice smells go to die. Asking why they do anything is like asking a turd to dance

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Even though EVO's giving BB the finger, James Xie's taken up the mantle:

www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14155-BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-Extend-at-EVO2k12

Hopefully someone streams it or something.

wVEsyIc.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14155-BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-Extend-at-EVO2k12

@nogs

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    Look, butte is a place that fun, decency, common sense, and nice smells go to die. Asking why they do anything is like asking a turd to dance

Sounds like Wong would fit right in.

Hiyoooooo.

Did you mean: marn

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh god I went online in UMvC3 and I forgot that I don't know how to play Marvel call the police

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
    they got 5 retweets including clakeyd and mike ross

lfYVHTd.png
    edited May 2012
    gonna hop on to play marvel for a bit if anyone wants in

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

@nogs

As if he plays BB.

wVEsyIc.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Thatsthejoke.avi

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    stigsmells.sniff

4SMZq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.