As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Aldo wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Man, *fuck* that fire djinn boss at the end of...

...crap, forget the name of the mission, it's the Nightfall one where you've gotta bust through that Vabbi vault/hidden city thing.

Blew through everything up to it in the mission, pull it...

...and I insta-wipe.

Fire djinns and those fire hounds have big-ass AoE skills that easily wipe out your party in 2 seconds if they are grouped together. The trick is to make sure your Spirit spam is located *outside* the group, the heroes you can individually flag are located *outside* the group and you stay *outside* the rest of the group and away from your spirit spam. It also helps a lot if you bring 2 Mesmers (Gwen from start of EotN and the chubby guy from Vabbi) to shut down their long inductions (2 seconds on a Meteor, for example). Flag your heroes away if they stick in AoE and you should be fine.

I've got Gwen, I don't think I'm far enough in the storyline to get the other one though. (Unless I missed a quest for him.) Assuming I get him soon, since he's been popping up in cinematics a lot.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    Recruitment
    To recruit Norgu before completing Nightfall, first select Goren during Brains or Brawn and then complete The Role of a Lifetime.
    If you select Norgu as the Brains, then you cannot recruit him until after completing Nightfall by taking Gain Norgu while in the Throne of Secrets.

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
    edited May 2012
    Recruitment
    To recruit Norgu before completing Nightfall, first select Goren during Brains or Brawn and then complete The Role of a Lifetime.
    If you select Norgu as the Brains, then you cannot recruit him until after completing Nightfall by taking Gain Norgu while in the Throne of Secrets.

Just looked the quest up.
    Preceded by Dasha Vestibule or Dzagonur Bastion

AKA: The mission I'm on. <_< Can't do the other one instead since it requires the Master of Whispers.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Surviving the fire djinn is all about having good interrupts and a competent AoE healing build on at least one healer. Try to pull them up the stairs individually, focus fire one using ctrl-click targeting if you pull more than one, and try to have a few interrupts on your henchies. Since you have to bring Margrid the Sly on that one anyway, rangers have a good selection of interrupts, so stick one on her and bring Gwen (with some interrupts) along too.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    Re-did Gwen's abilities into a anti-caster build, and ended up getting through it. Even though I double-pulled fire & sapphire boss. <_<

persona4celestia.jpg
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    yea, kormab or korshek, whatever his name is, is a bastard. having a prot rit out of the way with shelter up pre-fight will help a lot. or if you can tank him a bit where he only hits you and micro protective spirit on yourself.

at least you got through. the panic/e-surge domination builds pretty much never leave my party. sometimes i run with 2.

Yeah, that's why i want the extra Rit from WoC, i want Panic+E-Surge+Ineptitude/SharedBurden :)

• XagarXagar Registered User regular
    Pain Inverter/Extinguish/Breath of the Great Dwarf, used at the proper time, make it quite simple as well.

• EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Why is Legendary Survivor's requirement so stupidly high? It's not even a case of being difficult to acquire now, just stupidly long. I'm at a million experience right now at the Gates of Madness. It's too bad I was in the wrong place at the start and lost my triple experience bonus.
    Part of it being long is what makes it hard. The longer you're stuck doing it, the more likely you'll take a stupid risk or do something dumb and lose it all.
    Or you could just do it safely via hard mode EoTN book turnins. That's what my wife's doing.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Entriech wrote: »
    Why is Legendary Survivor's requirement so stupidly high? It's not even a case of being difficult to acquire now, just stupidly long. I'm at a million experience right now at the Gates of Madness. It's too bad I was in the wrong place at the start and lost my triple experience bonus.
    Part of it being long is what makes it hard. The longer you're stuck doing it, the more likely you'll take a stupid risk or do something dumb and lose it all.
    Or you could just do it safely via hard mode EoTN book turnins. That's what my wife's doing.

How many does it take?

What is this I don't even.
  • Stryker43Stryker43 Registered User regular

Or do a couple day's worth of Kilroy Stonekin's Punch-Out Extravaganza! on HM.

camo_sig2.png
    XBL/PSN/Origin/NNID: StrykerFL GuildWars/GW2: Anton Firemaker FFRK: erNA
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

How many does it take?

Thats assuming you do hm mission storybooks and that its all you use.

• amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Stryker43 wrote: »

Or do a couple day's worth of Kilroy Stonekin's Punch-Out Extravaganza! on HM.
    That's dumb. You AFK the Gate of Madness Titan spawn. Speaking of which, I just finished doing that.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    Geod wrote: »

How many does it take?

Thats assuming you do hm mission storybooks and that its all you use.

Holy crap that is way more HM missions than I have any interest in doing.

• SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    Whelp, I hit 30/50 tonight after about a month and a half. I passed along some stuff like unintentional did for me, as I don't really have any intention of logging in any time in the near future. The game can be fun, but the learning curve is pretty severe and there are some aspects of the game that are the some of the most frustrating experiences I've had in gaming. The game was worth the price of admission on its own merits, but I am ready to welcome GW2 with open arms.

steam_sig.png
    Since Spamadan is not helping me, anyone got two Mysterious Armor Pieces and two Ancient Armor Remnants they want to sell?

steam_sig.png
    Don't have those but have 5 Primeval Armor Remnants if you want.

• Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    God damn fuck mysterious armor.

That place is broken as fuck. I got 3 on my third run, then after 4 hours of nonstop play there I got nothing. Next day got 1 in 2 games, then none for 4 hours.

Then NONE for 3-4 hours a day for 2 more days.

I was getting far in it too. Like 150-200 points. Thats pretty damn good.

Im convinced its programmed to only give you 4 per char then say FUCK YOU forever.

No I am not bitter.

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    It is.

There is a whole lot of anti-farming code designed to stop people non-stop farming for those kinds of items.

Usually if you get a few then stop, then come back a few days later you can maybe get a couple more.

You looking for hard plat for that, or are you interested in sweets/booze/party?

Cobalt60 wrote: »
    It is.

There is a whole lot of anti-farming code designed to stop people non-stop farming for those kinds of items.

Usually if you get a few then stop, then come back a few days later you can maybe get a couple more.

The mechanics aren't entirely known, but yeah, there's absolutely a drastic, hard reduction in drop rates after your first few.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    25 HoM. Moving on up.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Kai_San wrote: »
    God damn fuck mysterious armor.

That place is broken as fuck. I got 3 on my third run, then after 4 hours of nonstop play there I got nothing. Next day got 1 in 2 games, then none for 4 hours.

Then NONE for 3-4 hours a day for 2 more days.

I was getting far in it too. Like 150-200 points. Thats pretty damn good.

Im convinced its programmed to only give you 4 per char then say FUCK YOU forever.

No I am not bitter.

As people have pointed out, you're the victim of the anti-farming code (and also some pretty shitty luck, in my experience you get 4 fairly quickly, then the 5th one takes another couple runs, then it really tails off).

With that in mind, it's a better idea to get to 3, maybe 4 pieces, then go farm some money to pay for the last 2 or so. That way you don't waste whole days worth of gameplay running the same challenge over and over. I think mysterious pieces go for 12-15k or so? You can farm that up in an hour.

Superdupe on
    steam_sig.png
    And thats what I did. However you dont see them for sale very often, if at all. It took me 2 more days to find it for sale.

edited May 2012
    How much for four of those then? I really prefer the non-primeval armor arts for Morgahn, Margrid, Goren, and Razah, but the availability of the others seems to be non-existent. After these I'll only need to pick up a Black Widow and I'll be set on the Fellowship monument.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    @amnesiasoft i also have some primeval armor i would sell you below spamadan price.

My character's name is Corporal Tanto. I'll be on later tonight.

steam_sig.png
  • OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    2 purchases to be made...1 set of Vabbian Armor, and 1 Destroyer weapon, for 30 HoM points.

Time to sell some crap!

If anyone here needs an Oppressor weapon, Royal Gifts, or zkeys, let me know.

Ormuss on
    Ormuss, link your HoM. I have to imagine there's easier points to be had than buying both Vabbian and Destroyer. You're talking about a huge chunk of cash there.

edited May 2012
    Ormuss, link your HoM. I have to imagine there's easier points to be had than buying both Vabbian and Destroyer. You're talking about a huge chunk of cash there.

There are CHEAPER points, but I'm going for quick & easy at this point. I'm pretty sure if I liquidate most of the stuff I'm sitting on I'll have more than enough. Hell, I could buy the Destroyer weapon outright even now, and I have about half the gems I need for a Vabbian set already.

Still, take a look, I welcome any advice: http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/?#page=main&amp;details=gdBAA8////DAAQgAAgHAAAAAAABAAAAAQEEIQAAAAAA

Ormuss on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Yeah, from what you've done, you either want the PvP title or a few more armours/weapons. I totally understand not wanting to deal with the PvP title, since zkeys either involve a large cash expenditure or a lengthy time investment (I went through the same process myself.)

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    edited May 2012
    Hmm. 10 pets would be cheaper than a destroyer, maybe, but then you'd have to be in Spamadan for awhile.

So, yeah. I guess you're right.

Also, for some reason I was thinking "tormentor" not destroyer.

Darkewolfe on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Torment is an investment of time or money.

23-25e for an armbrace or 2-3 full runs on HM (probably 3-5 on NM).

@Ormuss - zkeys I will purchase, though I will likely hold off on direct purchase of war supplies or oppressor weapons.

Also, DIAMONDS.

• SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    REG Rysk wrote: »

@Ormuss - zkeys I will purchase, though I will likely hold off on direct purchase of war supplies or oppressor weapons.

Also, DIAMONDS.

It doesn't look like you got a kurzick/luxon armour, that should alone put you at 29 points and can be had for probably around 50+75 something plat (excluding non-amberchunk/jadeite material costs).

SquiddyBiscuit on
    steam_sig.png
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Also, DIAMONDS.

It doesn't look like you got a kurzick/luxon armour, that should alone put you at 29 points and can be had for probably around 50+75 something plat (excluding non-amberchunk/jadeite material costs).

It's another 60 to craft it, I think, plus some amount of money for the other materials.

Searching ArgosSoft for the Primeval prices, it seems to be 15k ... so 10k for PA people? If @amnesiasoft is still interested or hasn't done a deal with Feldorn. Otherwise i'll just sell them on Spamadan.

My issue with Kurzick/Luxon armor remains that I'd have to level another character through Factions to get it, since my main is a dervish.

I agree that the total cost of it is probably cheaper than the Vabbian, but it's definitely more time.

Im doing it in leu of my main dervish, and also to get a main rit for the farming of mad lewt.

There are places to farm for drops for Saph/Ruby solo as a rit that I plan to abuse.

i hear farming geodes from the rain beetles and salvaging with and expert kit is a decent way to try and get rubies. never done it myself, just what i've heard.

thats what im doing. And I have those inscriptions for increased salvage to do it with.