As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    I think it's just a placeholder format for the transitional season. Had to do something to stretch things out over 18 months.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Ok, thats what I figured, but it seems like a cool way to determine your champs etc, but wouldn't work in a reasl season.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Scotland breaks up their league like that, do they not?

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Kind of: they do a triple round-robin with the full league, then split the table in half and do single round-robin within each half.

Also, in book news, a fifth club has been booted from the book: Salernitana of Italy. This is due to them going belly-up, reforming as Salerno Calcio in the fifth tier and me barely caring about them in the first place.

Bye bye, artist formerly known as Salernitana. You should know that your writeup struggled to say anything about you in an actual soccer context and thus your removal takes absolutely nothing from the book. In fact, it probably adds to it. You would be missed if I had actually said anything of substance about you beyond you being convenient to Pompeii.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    only a yellow

• Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    I don't think Chelsea could of really played any worse today, I really should of relized they didn't give a shit about this game and picked liverpool but oh well.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Yep. Still, Chelsea's scrubs aren't your average scrubs. Should have done better.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    Kicking racists in the balls is something I think we can all approve of.

:so_raven:
  • Options
    576464244.jpg?key=860929&Expires=1336596362&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=FiqtJ-vZ3fFdQ-q2j6ZB0pybFHt4B8jfwFCGHe0pg6BT0GHiwji-Rws3LNmUGQkF5wO7JyXtcWspNOl-LM0yVyOS5BVxX8slvaxRdc1F5rFxVo9Wi2ZQdOjRTHWhcj1jamgN9ZyY0yfw3di6Nfaq2xXhooIp0wTfCkHY9h0knHk_

• Options
    Atletico Madtid just beat Bilbao 3 - 0 in the Europa final... so many disappointed neutrals.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Voyageurs Cup semi final news:

TFC up 2-0 on the Impact (2-0 aggregate) in the 70th minute. They've been down to 10 men for a while, and the entire second half has been a defensive action - they're playing the famous 8-0-1 formation. If Montreal can get one, I think they'll be able to get more pretty easily.

Later tonight Whitecaps host FC Edmonton (Vancouver have 2-0 lead from the the first leg). I think the Eddies could have given Montreal or Toronto a challenge; it's too bad they had to face the 'Caps.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Seattle grinding matches out. Rested some guys, two goals off the bench from Montero, another clean sheet for the rookie keeper, 2-0 road win. 7-1-1. Little dicier from backline tonight but still only three goals conceded on the year, including a PK and an Olympico in windy Chicago.

Feels good man.

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Dicier? Seattle's back line was astounding. DC only had one real chance, and it was double-saved by Meredith.

I just wish that Eddie Johnson would stop falling on the ground every forty seconds.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Makershot wrote: »
    Dicier? Seattle's back line was astounding. DC only had one real chance, and it was double-saved by Meredith.

I just wish that Eddie Johnson would stop falling on the ground every forty seconds.
    It was pretty ugly in the 1st half, Castillo burned Scott a number of times. If he'd actually looked to pass rather than shoot into the side netting coulda been worse. Second half was better.

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    DC didn't play tonight

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    it was dallas... our mid/backlines looked way worse without Alonso on the field, but we got the result

currently in a 3-way-tie for first place in the west at 22 points; with one game in hand against SJ and two games in hand against RSL. makes this weekend's matchup against Salt Lake HUGE.

• Options
    Yeah, FC not DC. Damn fingers.

Also I realized that FC Dallas doesn't have a sponsor on their jersey. This is a strange concept to me.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Makershot wrote: »
    Yeah, FC not DC. Damn fingers.

Also I realized that FC Dallas doesn't have a sponsor on their jersey. This is a strange concept to me.

I think Southampton did this last season to celebrate 125 years or something. And their kit looked really great.

edit: Yep.

qtHVz.jpg

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    It kind of looks odd to me that, even absent a sponsor, the team logo is still just this tiny little thing in the corner. American uniforms tend to like to have some kind of thing blaring across the front of the jersey- the logo, the team name or location, a jersey number, something.

Again, compare Dallas and Southampton. 'FC Dallas' blares across the front of their jersey (as is the case with any unsponsored MLS club). Southampton just has the little emblem.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Might be a cultural thing, I'd find having a big badge in the middle of the shirt really weird.

Our sponsor is the local government so we have the name of the town in the middle of the shirt, that's nice though I guess.

815165 on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    It kind of looks odd to me that, even absent a sponsor, the team logo is still just this tiny little thing in the corner. American uniforms tend to like to have some kind of thing blaring across the front of the jersey- the logo, the team name or location, a jersey number, something.

Again, compare Dallas and Southampton. 'FC Dallas' blares across the front of their jersey (as is the case with any unsponsored MLS club). Southampton just has the little emblem.

It kind of goes with calling it a badge. Like a police badge, it's small and over or near the heart.

And it leave a massive amount of room for the sponsor logo.

Anyway, it's usually the kit itself that is more memorable than the team logo. For all the similarities, even without markings you'll never confuse say, Man U with Arsenal. Lower clubs tend to change more often simply to generate revenue. But at the top, they tend to stay the same longer and only add a third stripe for cash generation.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    While we're on the subject of kits.

NyJ2M.jpg

Notice the redesigned, and in my opinion much better, crest.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    What kit maker is that?

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Warrior... I've never heard of them before.

Apparently they do a lot of Lacrosse and Hockey gear?

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    That is one classy-looking jersey. I'm a big fan of collars.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
  • Options
    I can't wait to see him move to Europe...

• Options
    that pool jersey looks awful to me

• Options
    Pardew named Manager of the Year. Anyone want to argue that he doesn't deserve it?

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    don't mean to be insensitive but this is getting kind of ridiculous now

Liverpool kit launch sparks anger among Hillsborough families

• Options
    ManU's new kit is... plaid

11148C1583CB4F21B33C3EA17D7B321F.ashx?h=359&la=ar-SA&w=240&rgn=0,65,600,962

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I was using google to check the spelling of the word 'gingham', before using it to describe the shirt. But the 2nd result on google for gingham, after the wikipedia page for gingham, is that shirt.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    815165 wrote: »
    don't mean to be insensitive but this is getting kind of ridiculous now

Liverpool kit launch sparks anger among Hillsborough families

The club have never had any dealing with the HJC, I'm not sure why they'd expect consultation now. And they say themselves that they have no issue with the changes made to the crest or kit.
    It's unfortunate that the club has taken this stance with the HJC, they do great work in trying to raise awareness of what actually happened that day, as do the HFSG.
    However, this seems like national news media blowing out of proportion something that's essentially a local issue.

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Basically someone forgot to CC the entire group.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NP6DXoNKITc

This was the first thing I thought of, too

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    Montreal v LA. Need to see if I can find it on TV. LA are my guys but I really want to see Montreal do well. Game is sold out.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    60k at an otherwise meaningless MLS game... impressive.

The German Cup final is on right now, and it's fantastic... Dortmund really taking it to Bayern, 4 - 1.

• Options
    And that's it...

Dortmund 5 - 2 Bayern

Dortmund first double in their 103 year history... nice!

Kagawa was amazing, as was Lewandowski (hat-trick), but the Bayern back-line was an absolute shambles.

This discussion has been closed.