As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I actually really enjoyed AvX 3.

It's the first issue where I understood and could accept all the motivations, and where everyone seemed in character and the dialogue wasn't totally choppy.

Good on ya, Brubaker. Maybe some day you will move more into the general Marvel U.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    It's comics by committee, seemingly designed solely for maximum marketability.
    That's damning.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Munch wrote: »
    It's comics by committee, seemingly designed solely for maximum marketability.
    That's damning.
    sounds like it's the Batman of comic events.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

brubaker ‏ @brubaker

Thanks to @jasonaaron and @BRIANMBENDIS for letting me do the first issue of AvX that doesn't have 100 people on every page. Seriously.

Gaslight on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    So has Nova made an appearance since his brief entrance at the start of AvX?

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Nope, he's in a coma or something

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Cosmic Coma

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Anyone want to take bets as to the big bad is going to be revealed as? Because you know everyone at the end is going to put aside their differences in the face of a common enemy.

My money is on Sublime.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    AvX#3 looks uber good on an iphone retina screen.

Better than this big HP 2159m monitor.

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »
    Anyone want to take bets as to the big bad is going to be revealed as? Because you know everyone at the end is going to put aside their differences in the face of a common enemy.

My money is on Sublime.

If it was just Aaron writing it, I think he could make it work as Sublime. But with all the other writers on there, I'm going with Ultron.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Except we know Age of Ultron is a separate thing

so I am betting they are keeping the two divided. Having one event lead directly into the next event only works in Cosmic Land

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Except we know Age of Ultron is a separate thing

so I am betting they are keeping the two divided. Having one event lead directly into the next event only works in Cosmic Land

Ah, I wasn't aware that they were being kept seperate. I really don't pay that much attention to the news and speculation side of comics anymore.

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    cshadow42 wrote: »

My money is on Sublime.

Why? Why do we "Know" that. They didn't in Civil War.

Quire.jpg
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    From Bendis himself this seems to all but confirm Bendis is writing something cosmic in a few months, and it looks like the big bad in Avengers Assemble will be a movie-timed villain:
    Thanos

TexiKen on
    squeeeeee

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    TexiKen wrote: »
    From Bendis himself this seems to all but confirm Bendis is writing something cosmic in a few months, and it looks like the big bad in Avengers Assemble will be a movie-timed villain:
    Thanos

Well Bendis loves his obscure characters, and can't get too much more obscure then the Guardians/ cosmic people (for the general comic reader anyway).

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    If he messes up Cosmo....

Thanos

*sigh* I wonder how much of the awesome cosmic Marvel stuff from the past 10 years will be completely ignored and disregarded by Bendis.

Regarding the spoiler:
    At least this means we'll probably get Nova Prime and Star Lord back sooner.

Avengers Assemble #3:

Aww snap!

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Avengers Assemble #3:

Aww snap!

Spoilers please.

As a side note, New Avengers 26 was SO DAMN GOOD.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Avengers Assemble #3:

Aww snap!

Spoilers please.

Qz3AN.jpg

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    convenient timing on that.

• AutomaticzenAutomaticzen Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Avengers Assemble #3:

Aww snap!

Spoilers please.

Seriously. So awesome.

http://www.usgamer.net/
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/
    I write about video games and stuff. It is fun. Sometimes.
    Say what you will about Marvel but at least they know to strike the iron while it's hot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bane as the focus in Snyder's Batman book after the Owl's thing is over just to avoid the debacle over what happened when the Dark Knight came out.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    that was RIP that was running then right? and Heart of Hush in detective? I loved both. I can see how RIP would not have been the best to bring in a movie audience though.

Yeah I wasn't talking about the overall quality of RIP, just how bad it was for potential new readers.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Yeah, Morrison "killed" Batman just as the biggest movie ever (at the time) was coming out. Which is funny since he became a huge deal and earned a nice chunk of money because Arkham Asylum came out at alongside the 1989 Batman.

I would expect that there is more coordination this time.

edited May 2012
    Well they did just have a Bane centric story in The Dark Knight book, which should have it's collection out by then? Nevermind, that collection is due in October.

UltimateInferno on

Well they did just have a Bane centric story in The Dark Knight book, which should have it's collection out by then? Nevermind, that collection is due in October.

Never read it but I heard that story was awful.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Uggggh

• MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    So does the fight in AvX3 count as a win for the Avengers?

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
    In Scarlet Spider #5 it said Daisy Johnson is director of Shield, did this happen in Battle Scars? That just seems even more confusing with how she looks like Maria Hill plus big gloves.

In Scarlet Spider #5 it said Daisy Johnson is director of Shield, did this happen in Battle Scars? That just seems even more confusing with how she looks like Maria Hill plus big gloves.

It kinda happened at the end of Secret Warriors if I recall.

Secret Warriors.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Avengers Academy question
    Did Sebastian Shaw read the file on himself Hope gave him in the last issue of Gen Hope?

huntresssig.jpg
    edited May 2012
    Arivia wrote: »
    Avengers Academy question
    Did Sebastian Shaw read the file on himself Hope gave him in the last issue of Gen Hope?
    Yes, I think they mention it in Academy.

Automaticzen on
    The Free Comic Book Day Avengers story, Age of Ultron .1... is this a reprint of an annual or a story I missed somewhere from the main Avengers series? I think it works pretty well as an Avengers intro and as a FCBD book, but it clearly takes place prior to Fear Itself.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Hensler wrote: »
    The Free Comic Book Day Avengers story, Age of Ultron .1... is this a reprint of an annual or a story I missed somewhere from the main Avengers series? I think it works pretty well as an Avengers intro and as a FCBD book, but it clearly takes place prior to Fear Itself.
    It's a reprint of Avengers 12.1, which pretty much everyone considers the best issue out of Bendis' Avengers run.

CYpGAPn.png
    Deadpool kills the Marvel Universe in August by Cullen Bunn. 4 issue mini every week in August.

Two things come to mind when I read that (it's supposed to be a grittier Deadpool too):

-Maberry did such a good job on his Punisher and Wolverine vs. the MU stories, where Wade was a sidekick (and Doomwar), he couldn't do this one? The guy's Deadpool is fantastic.
    -Cullen Bunn, supernova

This discussion has been closed.