As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Achievement Unlocked] II - Co-Op achievements without online can eat a dick

• WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    You are an achievement machine donuts. I don't even have 1/5 of the patience for getting achievements that you do (unless it's something that I really really want).

lol, I have limits too. Achievements that require ludicrous amounts of playtime (like Seriously 2.0 and 3.0) I wouldn't bother with.

I did Seriously 2.0. Maybe a week of grinding the final level? Don't regret it at all. Twitch.

@vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Willeth wrote: »
    You are an achievement machine donuts. I don't even have 1/5 of the patience for getting achievements that you do (unless it's something that I really really want).

lol, I have limits too. Achievements that require ludicrous amounts of playtime (like Seriously 2.0 and 3.0) I wouldn't bother with.

I did Seriously 2.0. Maybe a week of grinding the final level? Don't regret it at all. Twitch.

Yea... not going to happen since I think at most I have 2000 - 3000 kills? More than a week of grinding, lol. :P

Although, being that I'm at 730/1,750 for gears and there's a lot of horde mode achievements that I don't have I may attempt to get it if I go back and play GoW 2 again. Seriously 3.0 on the other hand I can't see myself bothering with on any terms.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    You can get Seriously 2.0 from scratch in about 15 to 20 hours of farming kills. It's not that bad really. Just don't try to get it in one sitting!

• KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    1000/1300 on Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

I quite enjoyed this one, although there were several points where I devolved into swearing because a lot of enemies seemed to be able to spam auto-targeting attacks at you making the dodge roll less effective than I would have liked. Still, once I mastered the art of starting a fight with Meteor and instantly following it up with a Lightning Storm, my troubles mostly evaporated... as did all my enemies. :lol:

One thing I did like was the ability to re-spec your character at will. Takes a lot of pressure off of having to get your stats/abilities right the first time. This way, you can experiment to find what works without locking yourself into an ineffective build.

As for the DLC's, I don't think I'll get them unless I spot them going cheap at some point in future.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    The DLCs are pretty substantial, but some of the secret achievements are missable so I'd look up a guide before playing them, lest you have to reload an earlier save/start a completely new game.

1000/1000 on Prototype 2.

I did enjoy getting this one. There was very little in the way of grinding to do, which let me concentrate on causing a lot of mayhem, destruction and general carnage. :mrgreen:

A fun game to play and a pretty easy 1000/1000. I heartily recommend it.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So I dipped my toe into the waters of GTAIV multiplayer... Griefers and Rage Quitters, eh? Thanks, Rockstar.

Good times ahead.

Also, I know think of Ticket to Ride as Ticket to Fail. How else to explain a game where I win one out of every dozen games. Maybe.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Finished Witcher 2 for a bunch of achievements: Friendly game for some gamerscore I can tell you now! Really enjoyed the entire game from start to finish. Looks like the remaining achievements aren't too difficult as well, so I shall definitely spend some time and get the rest of them. Only really hard achievement in that game is probably finishing it on Dark difficulty, which can be quite brutal in places.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    Also, I know think of Ticket to Ride as Ticket to Fail.
    I'll take credit for that.

So I dipped my toe into the waters of GTAIV multiplayer... Griefers and Rage Quitters, eh? Thanks, Rockstar.

Good times ahead.

Also, I know think of Ticket to Ride as Ticket to Fail. How else to explain a game where I win one out of every dozen games. Maybe.

tbh, I'm surprised that you can even find MP games in GTAIV after all this time...

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    it's still one of the most played games on XBL
    plus it helps the multiplayer is balls crazy

Hmm. Maybe I'll start working toward getting Auf Weider again after all?

Just got the 1000 on Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2.

Not much to say about it to be honest. It's fun enough for all that the story, enemy variety and location variety are practically non-existent. I got the platinum on the PS3 an age ago and when I saw the Xbox 360 version going for about £10 a couple of months ago, I figured I'd grab it and add another completed Xbox game to my collection.

MGRSig2.jpg
    edited May 2012
    man, you're making me feel bad. I've been playing Beyond Good and Evil HD and Mass Effect 3 all this time. I think I'm still in my post 100k gamerscore limbo.

tastydonuts on
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    I've actually gotten worse since I passed 100k. Sometimes I'll take a bathroom break from playing a 360 game, and take my windows phone with me.

edited May 2012
    man, you're making me feel bad. I've been playing Beyond Good and Evil HD and Mass Effect 3 all this time. I think I'm still in my post 100k gamerscore limbo.

As long as you're having fun playing them, that's all that matters.

To be honest, the reason I'm doing well on the achievement side of things is because I have a relatively hefty stack of games that I know I can get the 1000 on. For some it's because I've done some research and for others it's because I got the platinum for them on the PS3 before I mothballed it.

I've been pretty good in hitting that stack of late, and with a bit of luck, I should hopefully be able to keep my momentum going.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    edited May 2012
    Just got 1000/1000 on X-Men: Destiny.

It was a very short game, which was probably a good thing given how half-arsed everything about it was. Definitely the least impressive super-hero game I've played. There was some fun to be had, but if I weren't so easy to please, I would definitely have felt ripped off at having paid £15 for it.

Kitsuna on
    MGRSig2.jpg
    Really? I heard it was okay.

I've been playing XIII-2 this weekend.

edited May 2012
    I heard it was fun but easy and short and so yes when the hell is it dropping in price it's still $60 around here for some ungodly reason.

Anyway I'm up to 49950 achievement points and I've decided I'll finish up Insanity in Mass Effect 3 to push me over the edge. I've been putting off the last couple achievements of that off, and it's enough meta-motivation to get me to do it. Then I've kind of been eying a couple games I almost finished up completely, although they're kind of multiplayer-related...

DarkPrimus on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    i was playing house of the dead 4 on the ps3 just now, and it motivated me to look up the trophy list for house of the dead overkill since i just got that in the mail a little while ago. apparently getting all the trophies in that game would take an estimated 100 hours. in a light gun game. i cant even fathom it.

Really? I heard it was okay.

I've been playing XIII-2 this weekend.

The story was okay, but the combat mechanics were really clunky. It always felt as though I was fighting the game in order to get the results I wanted. There was more than one point in one of the boss fights where my character actually turned around 180 degrees without warning to target a health crate. If the boss hadn't been in a defensive posture at that point, it would've left me wide open.

There was also some horrendous slowdown in places, which given how simple the graphics were was pretty unforgivable. Add in some awkward forced camera angles in some places and the end result is a game that feels as though it was rushed out of the door.

Don't get me wrong, there was fun to be had, but it was nowhere near the levels I've gotten from any of the other superhero games I've played.

Anyway, how are you finding FFXIII-2?

MGRSig2.jpg
  • BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    I'm here all week and looking to bust out some achivements, I also have every game for 360, let me know what you need, I'm looking to get some left 4 dead 1 and 2 expert maps myselfs.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    You have EVERY game for 360?! My god do you have a lot of games!

I am totally trying to find people to play Trenched with :( Can't find anyone sadly.

It is weird that the X-men game still hasn't dropped in retail price yet.

I like FXIII-2, the soundtrack is pretty interesting and the combat is nice. The simpler crystarium is good. Story is time travel.

I am totally trying to find people to play Trenched with :( Can't find anyone sadly.

I'll pick up trenched tomorrow, but I'm on uk time, also there no uk/USA trench issues is there? What with the different names and all

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |

I'll pick up trenched tomorrow, but I'm on uk time, also there no uk/USA trench issues is there? What with the different names and all

Make sure to get the Martian Bear DLC as well. The game is fantastic. My gamertag is Aegeri. I am actually Australian (not American), so my time schedule isn't too bad and it's been renamed to Trenched everywhere (IIRC).

I thought it was renamed to Iron Brigade everywhere.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    I thought it was renamed to Iron Brigade everywhere.

One or the other. Probably to Iron Brigade. I haven't played it in a while because it's the kind of game that IMO really does need other people to feel very fun.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I need help with the RDR achievements on PS3. Actually that's a lie, I just want to play RDR with other people. I've never tried it and it sounds like a blast.

Big Isy wrote: »
    I need help with the RDR achievements on PS3. Actually that's a lie, I just want to play RDR with other people. I've never tried it and it sounds like a blast.

RDR multiplayer looked like it would be a ton of fun, but you need all the DLC and its more kind of "hang out" make your own fun kinda game, play a little pool here, ride over here, kill a gang, play some horseshoes, its kinda like a really, really shit MMO.

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I was thinking more go nuts and kill everyone not in our posse but sure, those other things are possible.

edited May 2012
    RDR multiplayer achievements were actually some of the stuff I was eying at coordinating here, since wandering around and shooting bad guy gangs would make up a lot of it. Some of the achievements, like winning four games in a row or whatever sound kind of painful though.

DarkPrimus on
    yea, some of the DLC achievements are really arg... looking at you, Liars and Cheaters pack.

Ok I'm here and I've got money to spend, iron brigade RDR? Somebody friend request me

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    You get all the RDR DLC in a $20 bundle, which is $10 less than you'd have to spend normally - and of course if you wait for the stuff to go on sale, that would go on sale too.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    yea, some of the DLC achievements are really arg... looking at you, Liars and Cheaters pack.

Rockstar has a...problem...with their multiplayer in general. It really just kind of comes down to dumb luck whether or not you get a group of people that are worth playing with, let alone deal with whatever it is you need to do. And that's not really talking about finding people to help you get achievements. Just a general thing.

It really should be fun, but it turns into work all too quickly.

edited May 2012
    So I have iron brigade and I'm online for the next hour I also have red dead, but only the undead nightmare DLc

BritishDavid on
    CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    1000/1250 on Tomb Raider: Legend

Easier than I remembered it being from when I played through it on the PS2 way back when. I thought the time trials were going to give me problems, but I ended up clearing all of them first time, most of them with plenty of time left to spare.

All in all, a pleasant trip down memory lane.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • symbolsorsymbolsor Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    1000/1000 on Forza 2

After being worn out on it for a couple months I returned, finished up the Exhibition mode and got the rest of the achievements. It would have been such a grind without boosting the online stuff. I don't know about finishing the rest of the series like that, getting all the achievements, maybe years down the road I will.

Also, totally forgot, 200/200 in Beyond Good and Evil. Man that's an awesome game, definitely was worth playing through the second time.

symbolsor on
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Even though I have a million other things to play right now, used one of my spare rental slots on Saw for a quick 1000g.

Wasn't expecting much, but turns out it's a surprisingly decent survival horror/puzzle game with a great atmosphere.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal