As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

webcomics or some bullshit i dunno

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Rolo wrote: »
    <!--
    var linebreak = "<br />";
    document.write(linebreak);

for(y = 2000; y < 2012; y++){
    for(m = 01; m < 12; m++){
    for(d = 01; d < 31; d++{
    	document.write("[img]http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/" + y + m + d + ".gif[/img]");
    }
    }
    }

this doesn't actually work because any leading 0s will be omitted

I'm sure there's an actually competent programming person here though that could fully weaponize LICD

and then we will die

It'd be easy enough. Just have to use strings instead of integers when building the m and d values. At the start of the inner loop, assign new vars using the values of m and d. Then check to see if m and d are less than 10; if so prepend a zero to the respective strings.

So:
    for(m = 1; m < 12; m++){
    for(d = 1; d < 31; d++){
    var m_str = m;
    var d_str = d;
    if (m < 10) {m_str = '0' + m_str;}
    if (d < 10) {d_str = '0' + m_str;}
    	document.write("[img]http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/" + y + m_str + d_str + ".gif[/img]");
    }
    }
    }

That should work - the quotes around the zeroes should make JS treat m_str and d_str as strings. If not you can always explicitly convert them using String().

... Is this what Oppenheimer felt like?

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Berk wrote: »

don't feel bad about loving budgies

i never feel bad about that

thatsme.jpg

look at this

this fuckin picture look at this shit aaaaaaa

and that file name IT'S THE PERFECT PICTURE

which one is he

• Options
    balerbowerbalerbower Registered User regular
    i don't know, kinda on gabe's side on this issue

sure i hate things that are misogynistic or trivialize rape and shit, but really fuck people who dictate what things should or should not be created

policing any culture at all, despite how fucking repulsive they can be, is something that ultimately has fascistic undertones

• Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    the framed butte

also this was BOTP'd

Squall on
  • Options
    <!--
    var linebreak = "<br />";

for(m = 01; m < 12; m++){
    for(d = 01; d < 31; d++{
    	document.write("[img]http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/" + y + m + d + ".gif[/img]");
    }
    }
    }

this doesn't actually work because any leading 0s will be omitted

I'm sure there's an actually competent programming person here though that could fully weaponize LICD

and then we will die

It'd be easy enough. Just have to use strings instead of integers when building the m and d values. At the start of the inner loop, assign new vars using the values of m and d. Then check to see if m and d are less than 10; if so prepend a zero to the respective strings.

So:
    for(m = 1; m < 12; m++){
    for(d = 1; d < 31; d++){
    var m_str = m;
    var d_str = d;
    if (m < 10) {m_str = '0' + m_str;}
    if (d < 10) {d_str = '0' + m_str;}
    	document.write("[img]http://cdn.leasticoulddo.com/comics/" + y + m_str + d_str + ".gif[/img]");
    }
    }
    }

That should work - the quotes around the zeroes should make JS treat m_str and d_str as strings. If not you can always explicitly convert them using String().

... Is this what Oppenheimer felt like?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular

don't feel bad about loving budgies

i never feel bad about that

thatsme.jpg

look at this

this fuckin picture look at this shit aaaaaaa

and that file name IT'S THE PERFECT PICTURE

im both of those boids please admire my willowy plume and handsome scottish consort

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    balerbower wrote: »

sure i hate things that are misogynistic or trivialize rape and shit, but really fuck people who dictate what things should or should not be created

policing any culture at all, despite how fucking repulsive they can be, is something that ultimately has fascistic undertones

you're wrong

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular

people arent saying 'no one talk about rape ever' people are saying 'a rape boardgame is an awful idea why would you publicly support it'

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    good grief Mike

take a moment and ask your wife why everyone is angry at you if you don't have the basic empathy to understand it

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Berk, what are their names?

• Options
    good grief Mike

take a moment and ask your wife why everyone is angry at you if you don't have the basic empathy to understand it

like i keep saying

he'd be a terrible figurehead for a bunch of privileged assholes if he wasn't one himself

• Options
    edited May 2012
    okay

edit: to buttlord

balerbower on
  • Options
    BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugin_and_munin

sig-1.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Oh ok found it for some reason skimmed past it??

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    huggin' and muggin'

berks favourite activities

Brolo on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular

That's fantastic

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    tumblr_m44s9sRpbF1qgj04oo1_500.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options

Ooh, cool! Thank you!

• Options

it's not a matter of policing it or censoring it

it's admonishing the people doing it for being grade-A assholes because it's some hurtful, hateful shit

• Options

people arent saying 'no one talk about rape ever' people are saying 'a rape boardgame is an awful idea why would you publicly support it'

yeah i'll admit this is a really peculiar way to make a stand on anti-censorship

pretty dumb actually and why wouldn't he expect controversy

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edit

Wait, did Neil Gaiman ever contribute to a webcomic?

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    Good to bring this kinda shit up so us non twitterers are kept in the loop. Ain't no idea about why Gabe thinks this is a battle that needs to be fought.

• Options
    tumblr_m44s9sRpbF1qgj04oo1_500.png

Thats near me!

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular

it's not a matter of policing it or censoring it

it's admonishing the people doing it for being grade-A assholes because it's some hurtful, hateful shit

is the "criticising bad things is CENSORSHIP" argument gonna come up over and over in here now? because i wanna get it out of the way because it's dumb and reductionist and worthless.

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    liiya they're going to visit your flowershop so sonny can buy a nice arrangement for that selkie girl

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    liiya they're going to visit your flowershop so sonny can buy a nice arrangement for that selkie girl

They'll have to travel an hour and half to get to me... but yay!

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular

Can't wait to see what happens

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    well i thought gabe was making his stand based on kickstarter cancelling the project funding which i guess in one aspect could be considered censorship

but upon further thinking, kickstarter is its own private company and it doesn't have to endorse certain products if it finds them unsuitable, especially in terms of representation

balerbower on
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Good to bring this kinda shit up so us non twitterers are kept in the loop. Ain't no idea about why Gabe thinks this is a battle that needs to be fought.

like the shitheads he represents gabe is obsessed with the idea of being free to say whatever you want without consequences (unless it offends his straight white male sensibilities in which case you're the devil)

and with that i'm going to shut up because i'm pretty sure i could Get In Trouble for this

Buttlord on
  • Options
    well i thought gabe was making his stand based on kickstarter cancelling the project funding which i guess in one aspect could be considered censorship

but upon further thinking, kickstarter is its own private company and it doesn't have to endorse certain products if it finds them unsuitable, especially in terms of representation

that was how it started, then people asked what the hell why are you publicly supporting a game where the punchline is "rape" and now here we are

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I think, and I am obviously a Krahulik expert, that he's spent so much time around awful fucking nerds that negative feedback feels like proof he's doing something right, no matter the source or subject matter

I dunno

he's stopped tweeting so maybe he's thinking about it

• Options
    last time this debate came up i was like fifteen or something and i was all about being able to make rape jokes

basically, if you're down with stuff like that, grow up and learn some more words

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    calling anything censorship that does not actually involve the government making a thing illegal is asinine

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I knew that durn kickstarter would be nothin but trouble

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options

yeah y'all can stop stompin on my balls now

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

1) no

2) fuck you

3) go to step 1

• Options
    SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited May 2012

Ding ding ding. Nobody's arguing for literal, legal censorship here. But just because you're free to make a rape-themed game or to support said game doesn't mean it's a good idea, or that people shouldn't call you out on it (or, in Kickstarter's case, opt not to do business with you).

Edit: Alright, yeah, enough people have piled on at this point. Probably time to stop typing for a little while.

Supraluminal on
  • Options
    edited May 2012

yeah y'all can stop stompin on my balls now

this isn't why people are yelling at gabe though

it's his continued defense of it when people want to know why one of the founders of an empire, because that's what PA is at this point, is publically throwing support behind a card game that's literally about rape

20WdO.jpg

Buttlord on
  • Options
    i am mighty proud of this forum for overwhelmingly not being down with rape jokes, because a few years back, that's practically what se++ was all about

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Daddy Two-CoatsDaddy Two-Coats Registered User regular

1) no

2) fuck you

3) go to step 1

Hey, this? This helps even less.

This discussion has been closed.