As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Borderlands: OLD THREAD Who's gettin' off the bus?

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    if you keep sweeping your crosshairs over the target he'll it it more than once

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • The Fourth EstateThe Fourth Estate Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Ninten wrote: »
    I do! Lil' dude is funny

I also have been playing DLC3 and it makes me wonder why the fast travel system hasn't been implemented there. I don't mind vehicles, but the maps are HUGE :/

I think everyine that has played is has wondered that. When you have a mission of getting back to town and the fastest way is to quit out and go back into the game there is something wrong.

Determination to make the vehicles work and give players reason to use them.

Not a total success.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    So, I am finally giving BL the playime it deserves, afte rit sat on my machine for a year with a depressing '1 hour played' next to it.
    I've managed to work my way up to New Haven, and digressed slightly to do the Island of Doctor Ned - which was fun, though I never want to see Zombies and/or Defilers ever again.

However, I'm wondering: Should I go back to New Haven now, and carry on with the main questline - or go on a tour of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx? The Armory looks fun, but (presumably) is meant to be played after you finish off the main questline?

First of all, Yay!

Second, Knoxx doesn't scale. PT1 Knoxx starts at 35 and PT2 at 50. So you will very likely get your ass handed to you if you only have main game to New Haven plus Zed under your belt.

My son and I were playing split screen and decided to tackle Knoxx's Armory. I'm level 23, he's level 19. That was not even close to fun or fair.

Backed out and are running the clap trap DLC. Much Better.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Binary SquidBinary Squid We all make choices Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    if you keep sweeping your crosshairs over the target he'll it it more than once

Yeah, but only if there's multiple targets. Otherwise Bloodwing will just circle. They really should have given Bloodwing the ability to pass through objects on the return flight, though. As is, Mord needs to be looking at an enemy for Bloodwing to attack, and since he's the most fragile character, that's not a good strategy considering how short the Bloodwing attack range is.

I get that they didn't want it to be fire and forget while Mord ducks behind cover, but if you take cover while Bloodwing's out, there's a good chance it's getting tangled up on the way back which makes your Action Skill useless for however long it takes to dissapear. As the guy who needs to duck behind cover the most, that would really help make things way less frustrating for people playing.

Determination to make the vehicles work and give players reason to use them.

Not a total success.

Definitely. It's not that bad for me because I like the vehicles and the driving, but a couple of fast transit stations at the maps farthest away from T-Bone Junction would have made things alot easier and it would still give players a reason to drive.

Other than that's though, it's a great DLC. I do kind of wish that some of the Knox enemies made it into Moxxies Arena though. A Devastator wave or any of the new Lance troops would be so damn awesome. Or even waves from Ned's Island with Zombies and Tankensteins and shit.

Binary Squid on
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Have we heard anything about a version of the game that comes in that awesome box? I must preorder it!

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    what is this cover of which you speak

i don't think it exists in borderlands

i don't take cover

i take the screaming souls of my enemies

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2012
    If I need protection from incoming fire while I reload I will simply stand out of line of sight over on the far side of the giant pile of corpses.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    best use of the bird i found toward the end was to leave the target count at one or two to keep it up from dicking around too much, max out daze and the sniper rifle shot cooldown, and use it as a quick stun then pair it up with a high rate of fire sniper like the penetrator

daze, shoot, daze, shoot, etc.

• RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Anyone up for playing this game co-op? I've been getting playing it here and there and really enjoying it. I feel I would enjoy it much more with friends. Much like I did Diablo 2.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ryadic/home - My steam homepage.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    Still can't find anything about a listing for the Ultimate Loot Chest edition.

• OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    So I'm finally digging into the DLC of this game, started with Knoxx, and as warned , the travel is killing me. Are the others as extreme as Knoxx, or is there less of it? I'm starting to hit burnout, but the Dr. Ned just sounded so extremely fun and everything but the travel is so good that I'm hesitant to abandon it altogether.

So I'm finally digging into the DLC of this game, started with Knoxx, and as warned , the travel is killing me. Are the others as extreme as Knoxx, or is there less of it? I'm starting to hit burnout, but the Dr. Ned just sounded so extremely fun and everything but the travel is so good that I'm hesitant to abandon it altogether.
    Dr. Ned is fine for getting around in. It's tiny.

• GBX_AdamFGBX_AdamF Registered User regular

We haven't released full details yet. But they should be coming very soon. Keep your eyes peeled :)

PR & Marketing Manager @ Gearbox Software
    Gearbox Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
    Personal Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PezRadar
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    GBX_AdamF wrote: »

We haven't released full details yet. But they should be coming very soon. Keep your eyes peeled :)

Have my babies Gearbox. . . well you know, after we find an appropriate surrogate mother.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.

Thank you for the response.

• GBX_AdamFGBX_AdamF Registered User regular
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=137308

Some new gameplay walkthroughs and previews. Shocked no one has posted about it but figured I'd share :)

PR & Marketing Manager @ Gearbox Software
    Gearbox Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/GearboxSoftware
    Personal Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/PezRadar
    shit looks good, loving the crazy gun names and gun designs

watching demo players is like pulling teeth, though. they always find the worst people. :P

also i can't wait to min-max this game, the guns (i'm sure they're beginning guns) all seem to fire pretty slowly

RxI0N.png
    AdamF, you really need to have Curly haired boy demo your game. It will impress people a lot better. :P

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Is the personal item, like the book Maya has equipped, just a replacement for the class mod or something different?

AdamF, you really need to have Curly haired boy demo your game. It will impress people a lot better. :P

i wouldn't be opposed to it. :P

RxI0N.png
  • mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=137308

Some new gameplay walkthroughs and previews. Shocked no one has posted about it but figured I'd share :)

GUNZERKER DELIVERS.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    These previews are great; but ya'll shouldn't have announced the unmade mechromancer because fuck that's all I want, ever.

I have no idea what it will actually end up being, but if anything like the name implies I will need no other classes and it is going to be painful to play the game knowing its coming.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

I want to make mechs do thriller

it is kind of vexing that they're dropping another character down the road

mostly because i'm gonna wanna play it again with the new class when it comes out and so is everyone else? so how are we gonna deal with that

i don't want to roll with all the same dude

if i can even get a group going at that point

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

Even to this day people still have their favorite BL character and who they think is "best".

I doubt people will just play through the game once and then stop till the new class comes out and then all roll that.

I mean, sure some will for sure; but pet classes aren't for everyone.

On the other hand, consider it for a minute, everyone playing mechromancers. As impracticable as it was, playing a game in D2 of a ton of skelemancers was a freaking blast.

Let us lay waste to Pandora with our legion of zombiebots.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

yeah i'm sure it'll even out eventually

but right around when the new character comes out? surely you're gonna wanna try it out

you can use my paypal to fund a non mechromancer playmate.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    it is kind of vexing that they're dropping another character down the road

mostly because i'm gonna wanna play it again with the new class when it comes out and so is everyone else? so how are we gonna deal with that

i don't want to roll with all the same dude

if i can even get a group going at that point

Well at that point The game will have been out for like four months. Enough time that the jerks will move on to Halo Magnum or whatever and only people interested in Grinding for loot will be around.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Collector Editions (!) Details:

http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/875/33/

Gimme dat chest!

All that's missing is my OST.

Man of the Waves on
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Holy. Shit.

Replica loot chest.

REPLICA LOOT CHEST.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Dear Gearbox,

All I want is that chest, and a copy of the game. Here is all of the moneys.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    My God. It's BEAUTIFUL!

Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
    I am loathe to give Gamestop money or reward exclusive preorder bonus behavior, but I'm having a hard time resisting the creature dome and rocket launcher...

hmm i do really love that loot chest but some stuff in it is a little meh. monster chart seems amazing, cloth map = :^: , but field notes/postcards/authenticity cert/bobblehead don't do anything for me

i might just get the steam version and buy the claptrap figurine on amazon

RxI0N.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I found a nice Borderlands easter egg in Diablo 3 in Act 2
    Their is a brutally powerful gold monster in a desert area that killed me like five times named Nine Toads - Terror of the Borderlands

I had to explain it to my party :D

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    re: chest. Is it plastic or metal? Does it just open like a regular box, or does it does it have the cool inside layers like in the game?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Really want that chest. Gonna have to pay a lot of money for it. Better go grind out some cash by.. killing wildlife, I guess.

forumsig.png
    Cantido wrote: »
    Their is a brutally powerful gold monster in a desert area that killed me like five times named Nine Toads - Terror of the Borderlands

How many balls does it have?

:^:

RxI0N.png
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I was just about to ask that!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.