As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Transformers- IDW Reboot Zone

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    no

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    No regrets

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Great series. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Just wish I liked Rodimus at all. Always grated on my nerves.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    I love the teasers IDW gives out. Although I already decided to continue getting all of both ongoing series.

Yesssss I really love Pipes design. Can't wait to see him in action.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Great series. Looking forward to Wednesday.

Just wish I liked Rodimus at all. Always grated on my nerves.

Maybe I'm reading the series wrong...

But I suspect we're not supposed to like Rodimus.

IKknkhU.gif
    Rodimus is a horrendous fuckup that is risking lives, while thinking he's doing the right thing.

but he means well? He genuinely wants to save Cybertron I think, he just wants to prove himself as a hero too. there's definitely an obvious selfish part to his actions.

It's pretty awesome that no one actually seems to believe he's right, just on the Lost Light for their own reasons. I do want to see what's up with Drift, if he genuinely believes in Rodimus. He definitely believes in the Knights, but I wonder if he's just manipulating Rodimus for his own ends. He writes Roddy's speeches and keeps supporting Rodimus no matter what, spinning things as positive.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Oh I meant just in general. Not exclusively within this series.

Rodimus is annoying.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

Very cool read, good find Anti.

I wouldn't mind entire books just taking place in the bar. :D

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular

Very cool read, good find Anti.

I wouldn't mind entire books just taking place in the bar. :D

You mean Frank Miller's Wolverine run?

huntresssig.jpg
    God, that bar is great.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    3 and four issues into each book, and from someone who has only read Last Stand of the Wreckers I think More than Meets the Eye is the better book, as it seems to be doing more world building despite not taking place on Cybertron. Last issue was hella heavy on dialogue but it kind of works.

TexiKen wrote: »
    3 and four issues into each book, and from someone who has only read Last Stand of the Wreckers I think More than Meets the Eye is the better book, as it seems to be doing more world building despite not taking place on Cybertron. Last issue was hella heavy on dialogue but it kind of works.

I have the same bot book history and feel the same way about MtMtE being the superior of the two books thus far. More fun, better setup for the characters, funnier, etc. Not that I don't enjoy Bumblebee&Co but they seem to be setting up for a much more complex setting, whereas MtMtE is a little more foot loose and fancy free.

MTMTE is definitely my preferred book of the two, but Robots in Disguise is still doing good things.

SPEAKING OF!
    http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=46208
    Looks really damn good!

Fuck

Fuck

Fuck
    Sunstorm: dead. Bombshell: dead. The five remaining constructions: dead.

Prowl thinks there's a decepticon conspiracy, and as far as he cares, cybertron belongs to the autobots.

Comixology is having a half off Transformers sale, anything worthwhile at that price?

linkity link

@TexiKen

only get Transformers #22 and #23, those are the issues for Chaos Theory which James Roberts wrote

those issues have tons of setup for MTMTE

the rest is Mike Costa penned garbage

Roger dodger!

Man, I wish I posted that same question earlier. Went and bought the entire series just to have...

Oh well, it is entertaining so far. I started reading from the first one and am now on issue 10 or so. Love how Swindle just said that Hot Rod is referred to as Rodimus Prime.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    @TexiKen

only get Transformers #22 and #23, those are the issues for Chaos Theory which James Roberts wrote

those issues have tons of setup for MTMTE

the rest is Mike Costa penned garbage

Death of Optimus Prime is good stuff too, if you don't have it.

Betsuni wrote: »
    Man, I wish I posted that same question earlier. Went and bought the entire series just to have...
    aw dang
    i wish i could've said something earlier, i had no idea about the sale

• MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    Yeah I feel stupid asking but ... with Comixology, is it only available to read on smart devices? Or is there some simple program to read this on my PC? Adobe?

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
    you should be able to use it in browser on PC
    https://transformers.comixology.com/#/issue/9646/Transformers-Spotlight-Shockwave
    for example

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    Fuck

Fuck

Fuck
    Sunstorm: dead. Bombshell: dead. The five remaining constructions: dead.

Prowl thinks there's a decepticon conspiracy, and as far as he cares, cybertron belongs to the autobots.

Damn, I need to get in on this stuff.

I love the idea of these guys living in a period of generally-sustained peace being unable to hold their shit together because of becoming too reliant on the Autobot/Decepticon conflicts dictating their actions for them.

Maybe this'll be my first iPad series.

RID is very good

I'd say that MTMTE is better, but I do prefer the tone. It's a fun action book with some horror in it, it's like a grown-up Animated that explores space.

Ok I got home and realized I only read up through Vol 4. Finished off the first series and it was ok. The next one... Yeah... making me really think that this was not a good idea to just buy all of the sale ones just to have. The second series makes me remember that horrible G2 series they brought out.

But I will make it through the entire lot just to say I read them. Even if it kills me.

oosik_betsuni.png
    OH SHIT IMAGES FROM THE IDW PANEL [at BotCon]
    MTMTE
    1335648811_IMG_2713.JPG
    1335648811_IMG_2723.JPG
    1335648811_IMG_2694.JPG
    1335648811_IMG_2722.JPG
    RID
    1335648975_IMG_2712.JPG
    1335648975_IMG_2695.JPG
    1335648975_IMG_2696.JPG

MTMTE AND RID ANNUALS
    1335649389_IMG_2710.JPG
    and news that July is
    Decepticon and Dinobot
    month

I'MMA SHARK
    1335764775_alt_mode.jpg
    I'MMA SHARK
    1335764775_front.jpg
    SUCK MY DIIIIIIIIIIIICK
    1335764775_Back.jpg
    I'MMA SHARK

edited May 2012
    Antimatter on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Well, this is annoying. I purchased MTMTE #4 on the IDW/Comixology app, but it won't download. Any ideas?

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Well, this is annoying. I purchased MTMTE #4 on the IDW/Comixology app, but it won't download. Any ideas?

on what platform? and either way best to either contact them on twitter @cmxlgy_support or email support@comixology.com and they'll help you out.

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »

on what platform? and either way best to either contact them on twitter @cmxlgy_support or email support@comixology.com and they'll help you out.

iPad 2.

And thanks for the Twitter/email addresses.

• mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    I had the same thing happen to me. I emailed them and they took care of it pretty quickly.

Solicits for August
    More Than Meets The Eye #8
    (W) James Roberts (A) Alex Milne (CA) Alex Milne, Nick Roche
    DINOBOT MONTH! Three years ago, Grimlock disappeared from his prison cell on Garrus 9. Where did he go? What happened to him? One thing's for certain: the leader of the Dinobots is back-and he's itching to settle some scores!

Robots In Disguise #8
    (W) John Barber (A) Andrew Griffith (CA) Casey Coller, Andrew Griffith
    DINOBOT MONTH! Guess who's back on Cybertron? SLAG, SLUDGE, SNARL, and SWOOP-and they're as mad as ever! IRONHIDE leads them deep into the Cybertronian wilderness searching for lost AUTOBOTS... but what they find might be the greatest danger of all!

More Than Meets The Eye Annual #1
    (W) James Roberts (A) Jimbo Salgado, Guido Guidi (CA) Tim Seeley, Alex Milne
    THE ORIGIN OF THE KNIGHTS OF CYBERTRON! Rodimus and the crew of the Lost Light finally reach Crystal City, home to the mysterious Circle of Light. But what they find waiting for them is going to change everything-and not necessarily for the better!

Solicits for August
    More Than Meets The Eye #8
    (W) James Roberts (A) Alex Milne (CA) Alex Milne, Nick Roche
    DINOBOT MONTH! Three years ago, Grimlock disappeared from his prison cell on Garrus 9. Where did he go? What happened to him? One thing's for certain: the leader of the Dinobots is back-and he's itching to settle some scores!

Robots In Disguise #8
    (W) John Barber (A) Andrew Griffith (CA) Casey Coller, Andrew Griffith
    DINOBOT MONTH! Guess who's back on Cybertron? SLAG, SLUDGE, SNARL, and SWOOP-and they're as mad as ever! IRONHIDE leads them deep into the Cybertronian wilderness searching for lost AUTOBOTS... but what they find might be the greatest danger of all!

More Than Meets The Eye Annual #1
    (W) James Roberts (A) Jimbo Salgado, Guido Guidi (CA) Tim Seeley, Alex Milne
    THE ORIGIN OF THE KNIGHTS OF CYBERTRON! Rodimus and the crew of the Lost Light finally reach Crystal City, home to the mysterious Circle of Light. But what they find waiting for them is going to change everything-and not necessarily for the better!

If all else fails, turning 31 in August will be cushioned by the fact I get 3 great Transformers books.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/an-early-look-at-transformers-more-than-meets-the-eye-5
    Preview for MTMTE #5. Roberts completely blindsided me with the twist in the opening pages, holy shit.

Okay.

Who here reading the thread didn't buy this last issue?

I need to know so I can yell at you because this is, without hyperbole, possibly the best written single issue of Transformers.

....ten thousand pages?