As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Heroes - Volume 1: Origins

• Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    naporeon wrote: »
    In case you're wondering, "Carl With a K" is "Nameless Informant".

I revealed that earlier, but I'm not sure if I was clear.

How the fuck do all these people know this stuff already?

Last game we found out that <3 was the Vigilante pretty early on because he just told St. when asked.

People will just fish around for information via PM's, and sometimes they end up with way, way more info than you get just from reading the thread.
    And last game, I found out the the Guardian wasn't in contact with Tossrock when Tossrock himself told me, and using that and other pieces of information, I was able to find a Pillow Friend as well.

Information is not hard to find.

I'm actually curious as to how you made the logical leap to either Bogey or me being a special

the wook on
  • Options
    naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tossrock wrote: »
    And last game, I found out the the Guardian wasn't in contact with Tossrock when Tossrock himself told me, and using that and other pieces of information, I was able to find a Pillow Friend as well.

:roll:

You assumed, nap, and you got lucky. I asked you if you were the guardian, and that was it. This was also very early in day two, so there was plenty of time for the guardian to have contacted me.
    Oh man, Tossrock.

You really think that I didn't have any other reason to think that you weren't going to be guarded?

That's...well, it's naive.

And kind of cute.

And also indicative of a failure to grasp the mechanics of this game.

naporeon on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !Retract vote against nucsh
    !Vote again naporean

i don't really know why im the source of all this information that I didn't say that 2 people apparently both had the same story for

but nap seems to be the real problem with it

the Haitian probably got to you.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fizban wrote: »
    the wook wrote: »
    hahaha

what's the votecount? are there enough people with more than 1 vote so we can avoid a huge tie?

I'll only post something like this in the first couple rounds because there are so many people voting. After that, you homps will have to deal with just the numbers.

What I believe to be the current votes!
    Tossrock - 12 votes
    1. Akimbolegs
    2. Green
    3. DasHanselHM
    4. PotU
    5. Naporeon
    6. Karl
    7. Nucsh
    8. scarlet ave.
    9. real_pochacco
    10. Nogs
    11. Dislexic
    12. Osvik

Naporeon - 12 votes
    1. Drez
    2. VulnoX
    3. Ardor
    4. Tossrock
    5. Munkus
    6. Dogbone33
    7. Sara Lynn
    8. Six
    9. Johnham
    10. vagabondmonk
    11. Quetzi
    12. Kovak

Nucsh - 1 votes
    1. SeafoodSoup

Drez - 1 vote
    1. Javen

JohnHam - 1 vote
    1. bsjezz

Green - 1 vote
    1. Wook

Qorzm - 1 vote
    1. Zoolander

Please let me know if you are not on there, or if your current vote is incorrectly listed.
    Okay, a couple people voted/changed votes while I was doing this. I'm pretty sure it is right now :?

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Last game we found out that <3 was the Vigilante pretty early on because he just told St. when asked.

People will just fish around for information via PM's, and sometimes they end up with way, way more info than you get just from reading the thread.

I'm actually curious as to how you made the logical leap to either Bogey or me being a special

the wook - 7 letters

special - 7 letters

Kovak on
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aww shit, first round ending tonight?

Fembot on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tossrock wrote: »

:roll:

You assumed, nap, and you got lucky. I asked you if you were the guardian, and that was it. This was also very early in day two, so there was plenty of time for the guardian to have contacted me.
    Oh man, Tossrock.

You really think that I didn't have any other reason to think that you weren't going to be guarded?

That's...well, it's naive.

And kind of cute.

And also indicative of a failure to grasp the mechanics of this game.

What, did you know Hylianbunny's work schedule ahead of time? Because unless you did I'm pretty sure everything you had to go on was an assumption.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I !vote for Naporeon

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Naporeon, why are you being an asshole
    I mean
    This is a little out of hand, is it not

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

the wook - 7 letters

special - 7 letters

Oh God, not again.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

the wook - 7 letters

special - 7 letters

touché

the wook on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    I !vote for Naporeon
    I am so very shocked.

naporeon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

the wook - 7 letters

special - 7 letters

7 letters, 8 characters. 9 people in the core group of the Brady Bunch.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    does anyone else think keeping nap 1 vote above toss is a good idea? I mean, it will prove a lot the way i see it.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    guys, please, even when postulating, can you try be careful with the spoilers? Nogs, I'm looking at a particular point in your post. I'm watching through the show to try and make sure I don't have anything spoiled for me, but it is a lot of TV to watch, and I don't want to have to either speed through it far quicker than I'd like or skip posts that might have otherwise useful information, just because I didn't want to risk having important parts spoiled.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Nogs wrote: »
    does anyone else think keeping nap 1 vote above toss is a good idea? I mean, it will prove a lot the way i see it.

Yeah, it won't help, you know.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    guys, please, even when postulating, can you try be careful with the spoilers? Nogs, I'm looking at a particular point in your post. I'm watching through the show to try and make sure I don't have anything spoiled for me, but it is a lot of TV to watch, and I don't want to have to either speed through it far quicker than I'd like or skip posts that might have otherwise useful information, just because I didn't want to risk having important parts spoiled.

okay dude, I'll try. but in all seriousness. it is a phalla about heroes. i mean...really.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just finished reading through the thread.

Nap, you've secretly called me a terrible player, but I'm publically calling you a terrible person.

!Vote nap

You and your drama can GTFO.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    PotU wrote: »

itll prove nap is a good guy, though i suppose that just means he'll be offed by sylar or the company next round. though if he is killed, than we know that all that shit was probably fake. which leaves us back at square one.

okay fine, so maybe you are right.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    what up guys sorry I'm late

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    I !vote for Naporeon
    I am so very shocked.

You've been practically begging people to vote for you so, uh... yeah?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bendery wrote: »

Dramarama-ding-dong

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sorry I took your number Bendery :cry:

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    This is nothing against him as a person, I just want to cover some bases on the offchance that the first round mob vote goes nuts.

I !vote for Green to be arrested. Cooch Rats.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Sorry I took your number Bendery :cry:

naw it's cool.

I have to go out tonight, so I won't be able to review any posts and make any conclusions.

So I won't be voting this evening.

Night folks

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

itll prove nap is a good guy, though i suppose that just means he'll be offed by sylar or the company next round. though if he is killed, than we know that all that shit was probably fake. which leaves us back at square one.

No, see, if Nap really is the guy he says he is you need to keep him 4 votes above toss.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    AkimboLegs wrote: »

okay dude, I'll try. but in all seriousness. it is a phalla about heroes. i mean...really.

I appreciate the effort. I knew what I was getting into, and I figured I'd have to stomach a little of it, which is ok. But I also think that a lot of it can sort of be left out (or at least put in spoiler tags) in most of it. I mean, you could say you think that someone might be something, but simply not give a reason for it. At the very least it keeps me wondering, rather than having the answer already :P

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    word up. i'll try and keep it all on the DL for now.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

hah

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

No, see, if Nap really is the guy he says he is you need to keep him 4 votes above toss.

No, because if we keep him one above, then we can see whether or not he is who he says he is by who dies to the votes. Or rather if he's been in contact with whom he says he is.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I think he's saying that Nap will use his 4 votes to cause Toss to have more votes, thereby proving that Nap is a good guy special, as he was able to overturn the deficit by himself.
    However, it doesn't really, because maybe he just knows that someone has that power, or maybe a member of The Company has it... etc

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

well i guess any votes 1-4 above toss would be fine right? I mean, if he is 1 vote above toss, than his 4 votes will make toss 3 votes above him and toss will get arrested. same if nap is 2 or 3 above toss in the beginning. If he is 4 votes above toss, they will just tie.

unless we want a tie.

what happens in a tie? random dude right?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

hah

;P

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

well i guess any votes 1-4 above toss would be fine right? I mean, if he is 1 vote above toss, than his 4 votes will make toss 3 votes above him and toss will get arrested. same if nap is 2 or 3 above toss in the beginning. If he is 4 votes above toss, they will just tie.

unless we want a tie.

what happens in a tie? random dude right?

In the other Phallas both guys would die, don't know how it's handled here.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    In the event of a tie Quetzi dies.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Why is everyone voting for Nap and Toss?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fizban wrote: »
    In the event of a tie Quetzi dies.

i think i can get behind this.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Actually I like this idea.

If he can get Toss killed in his stead and we find out Toss is a bad guy, that'll do wonders for his story, and we can start looking at those other guys. If Toss isn't, Nap probably is.

But I think Naporeon's ahead in the vote now, so I'm not voting for him right now.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    Why is everyone voting for Nap and Toss?

where is a 'god damn it wiggin' picture when you need one?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    To clarify, I am not doing this to prove that I am who I say I am.

That will be proven when I die.

I am doing it to test whether the information I have received is true.

naporeon on
This discussion has been closed.