As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Just Cause 2: This game is still awesome

• IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I downloaded the version of that mod that storm requested where the items didn't all unlock at once and they were 10% of the regular price instead of free and I noticed that the DLC I bought is still the normal price in the black market. Is the DLC also free like the other stuff in the black market in the other mod? If so what file do I need to transfer over so I don't overwrite or replace anything else?

Like it says in the readme, there are two entries for each DLC item. One is the original full price and the other is 10% of the cost. It was the only way I could make it work correctly.

IdolNinja on
  • L Ron HowardL Ron Howard The duck MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I wish in the next version they fix the bug where you can run out of enemies.
    I love to play with the "tons of enemies" mod, but after killing a bunch, no more enemies respawn, and I must save and reload the game if I want to keep killing.
    It does make assaulting a base a lot easier though.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    So I downloaded the version of that mod that storm requested where the items didn't all unlock at once and they were 10% of the regular price instead of free and I noticed that the DLC I bought is still the normal price in the black market. Is the DLC also free like the other stuff in the black market in the other mod? If so what file do I need to transfer over so I don't overwrite or replace anything else?

Like it says in the readme, there are two entries for each DLC item. One is the original full price and the other is 10% of the cost. It was the only way I could make it work correctly.

Ok, I must have missed them. I found them at the bottom.

Steam: offday
  • TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Finally have this game and I'm having a blast with it, just as expected. Does anything affect the enemy or other NPC artificial intelligence? Would turning the difficulty from normal to high help, or does it just make enemies tougher, more damaging, and in greater numbers?
    Overall it is good, but wouldn't mind some smarter AI, if possible.

steam_sig.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    AFAIK the difficulty just changes how hard the enemies are to kill and how much damage they deal.

• TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the reply and info, that's what I had figured.

steam_sig.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    anyone else keep accidentally pronouncing Cause as in Because?

edited May 2012
    To be fair, that's the real name of the game.

Why am I car surfing and shooting out the tires of random cars and tossing the odd grenade behind me?

JUST 'CUZ!

Orca on
  • Angel177Angel177 Registered User regular
    If anyone was looking to pick this up, It's on sale on PSN.

Just Cause 2 Ultimate Edition

This Avalanche Studios title places you in the fictional Pacific island of Panau, giving you an open-world adventure experience you’re sure to remember. This Ultimate Edition includes new weapons and vehicles for you to enjoy.
    $20.99 ($14.69 for PlayStation Plus Members!)

6103544412_a48002080a.jpg
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    the pronunciations are different?

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Aw shit yeah, thank God I topped my PSN wallet up lots!

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I still fire this up every now and then just to engage in random acts of mayhem and helicopter-hijacking.

And I just remembered the PS3 version has the youtube video uploading! REJOICE!

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Echo I find your avatar horribly disturbing.

Just wanted to say that.

edited June 2012
    Somebody pinch me because I think I'm dreaming the bestest most wonderful dream:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtOwWoOiggc

IdolNinja on
    Yeah I gotta go change my pants.

• tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    I did one stronghold mission for the Reapers. What do I do now to keep advancing?

steam_sig.png
  • EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So would this game for Xbox 360 have a whole bunch of DLC?

I've been seriously considering getting it, but I don't want to have to shell out another $20 for more content.

tsmvengy wrote: »
    I did one stronghold mission for the Reapers. What do I do now to keep advancing?

Everything. Whatever the hell you want. Just go nuts. Do any mission for any faction, it doesn't matter in the least. They don't cancel one annother out. Basically, have fun.

Big Isy wrote: »

Everything. Whatever the hell you want. Just go nuts. Do any mission for any faction, it doesn't matter in the least. They don't cancel one annother out. Basically, have fun.

^This.

Also, causing chaos unlocks more missions. Blow shit up and have fun.

oh god
    oh god
    oh god

UHHHHHHHH

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    IdolNinja wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »

^This.

Also, causing chaos unlocks more missions. Blow shit up and have fun.

And you'll unlock agency missions (the ones that advance the plot) far quicker than what you'd expect, especially if you just keep on doing all the faction missions. Also, there are some amazingly fun faction missions, so keep on doing those.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Over two years ago we set out to turn Just Cause 2 into a multiplayer game. During the course of the two months we spent working on JC2-MP, we were met with many obstacles - which at the time felt impossible to conquer. For the last month we've been working in secret to achieve those goals, with great success. Over the coming months, our aim is to polish the current build to a state that can be released to the public. Contrary to popular conspiracies, we were not shut down by Avalanche Studios. Nor did we intentionally delete our source code to inhibit further growth. The source at the time was extremely unstable and volatile. However this time around, we have squashed all obstacles encountered thus far.
    HOLY POO-BALLS! How in the hell did they manage to get peds/on-foot player characters to synch? Even people within Avalanche Studios were saying it simply couldn't be done. :o
    This is the most awesome surprise ever. :D

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    So would this game for Xbox 360 have a whole bunch of DLC?

I've been seriously considering getting it, but I don't want to have to shell out another $20 for more content.
    Yes. But some of the weapon packs = crazy-super-fun-times. I'd just get the Black Market packs and the monster truck, all you need really.
    Shouldn't be more than $5 altogether IIRC. :)

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    God I hope that MP mod will be easy to set up and get games going. Nothing makes me sadder than when some awesome mod is released but it requires eldritch knowledge and arcane trickery to get running.

JtgVX0H.png
    Given they're turning a singleplayer game into a multiplayer one...don't count on it being easy. :P

edited July 2012
    Oh man oh man oh man! Video from the spur of the moment JC2MP beta test this morning! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpvEKhKovQA

EDIT:
    Some juicy info from Woet (one of the jc2mp devs) in the text chat from that video:
    * JC2MP servers can support 150 players
    * Linux servers confirmed
    * Scripting capabilities
    * DLC is a server side parameter to either disable or require that clients own it

Also, from what it sounded like, you simply run the client and enter the server address. Easy peasy.

IdolNinja on
  • MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    If they managed to get some form of different selectable multiplayer skins working, this would be even more amazing.

On its own, holy shit. Good times, they are coming.

MrVyngaard on
    "now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
    Scripting? 150 players! Oh yes! This could be even more fun than GTA-SA/MP was/is at it's craziest best. <3:D

edited July 2012
    Prepare yourselves. The JC2MP devs just tweeted the following:

jc2mpdev wrote:

I have a subliminal message for you all - Listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc2miLlPr0Q

Ready to go....? Ready to go... READY TO GO???!!!! Could it actually be...

EDIT:
    Aww... damn. Looks like "ready to go" meant another public beta test.

jc2mpdev wrote:
    I hope you're "Ready To Go" with another public test starting right now! Here is the download
    http://t.co/zLA7RsDA

I am playing now with a bunch of other people! Come join! It is seriously awesome!

F4E44CAA8CA9AD4C8AF34283168C2842CD4E939C
    8113571795445751FC9345D7B1D9B8506147CFD8
    23CDAE94DA1296A0178D9609C33C88BF24B7386A

IdolNinja on
  • ZeroczZerocz Space Cowboy In SpaceRegistered User regular
    So what's different in the MP mod? In some of the videos it looked like there were no NPC spawns.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Cause as in because - Just Coz
    Cause as in 'a good cause ' - Just Caws

Orca wrote: »
    Given they're turning a singleplayer game into a multiplayer one...don't count on it being easy. :P

It was done with GTA San Andreas if I recall, and I don't think that mod was too hard to get working.

• MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Cause as in because - Just Coz
    Cause as in 'a good cause ' - Just Caws

cause - /kôz/
    be·cause - /biˈkôz/

I'm being pedantic, of course. I'm pretty sure we all know what you mean.

I was playing JC2 on my 360 the other day for the first time in a year or so, because I had company over and I thought they'd be entertained by the ridiculousness of it. My nephew slapped my 360 over on its side while I was playing, and now the disc has a perfect Fuck You ring around it and is unreadable. :(

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Will the collectibles, destructibles, assassination targets, races and purchasing work like in singleplayer? That's probably an entirely different story, but more or less the meat of free roam.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I can't get the public test to download :(

wish I had the game installed now. Oh and Blackbird no blackmarket stuff.

Dhalphir wrote: »
    Orca wrote: »

It was done with GTA San Andreas if I recall, and I don't think that mod was too hard to get working.

It was incredibly easy to setup and took only a couple of minutes. I simply had to rename my dropzone folder and copy 2 other files to archives_win32. Then start the client and plugin the server address and go.

There are no npc spawns, no collectibles, no mission, and no black market in MP. You're definitely busy enough dealing with all the other insane Ricos running around where that doesn't really matter. All vehicles spawn in the world and lots of them have mounted guns. Destroying military targets shows a % increase in control, but no areas can actually be completed since the upgrade containers are all missing (yet oddly the markers and radar work for them.)

• DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular
    I've only just realised that Just Cause 2 is practically State Sponsored Terrorism: The Game.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    From that video up the page it looks like they compensate for not being able to call in vehicles by having agency picks at spawn points in the world. That skyscraper plaza had a Wildchild and whatever the fast car is just sitting there and after he blew one up it respawned again a second later, so that's nice.

s7Imn5J.png