As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Majora's [Phalla]: Game over. Link, Them victory.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    Looking forward to this here phalla, while I sit in my car waiting to go to a job interview.

If I land this job, I'm taking you all out for ice cream.

No waffle cones, though. Sorry.
    WINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN GOIGOGOGOGO

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Looking forward to this here phalla, while I sit in my car waiting to go to a job interview.

Good luck! You have my axe

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    [
    If you don't give role-blocks (Or something with a similar effect or power-level) then calling a kill as a vig gets pretty simple and formulaic.

EDIT and Feckless covered this!

There are some other ways to reduce the power of vig-called kills aside from just mafia roleblocks. Allowing whoever kills the vig to inherit his kill makes publicly revealing a lot more risky. Additionally, there's no rule saying that the narration has to confirm who (mafia or vig) killed each player. Especially if this is noted in the OP, it would force more confirmation of the vig/allow for some mafia shenanigans.

Going back to mafia roleblocks, there's two major scenarios I'd see them as important: In faction games where you may want to stop someone from taking an action without killing them and in game that allow self-targeted actions. Depending on the exact nature of a ability, roleblocking is one of the few way the mafia has to kill a self-targeting guard.

The kill-steal way you suggested is way more powerful than a roleblock.

The other way is kind of fun. I experimented with it a little in my BoF game by not giving direct alignments of each kill. Usually they are sort of obvious based on the characters, but can add little bits of interest.

Going the entire way might be too extreme, though, since the village is already a little starved for information.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular

but daaaaaad

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    AND YOU HAVE MY AXE!

• Options
    did I do that right?

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...

And you have my bow.

(Edit: there's a rule, you can't just jump to axe. you have to start at sword, and somebody has to take the fall offer their bow before the awesome third guy says axe.)

You're not the boss of me! And I was just offering some body spray to help with self-confidence

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    The kill-steal way you suggested is way more powerful than a roleblock.

For sure, but it DEFINITELY discourages the vig from revealing too early :)
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    The other way is kind of fun. I experimented with it a little in my BoF game by not giving direct alignments of each kill. Usually they are sort of obvious based on the characters, but can add little bits of interest.

Going the entire way might be too extreme, though, since the village is already a little starved for information.

Yeah, I think it would be more effective with more ways/factions killing each other. I've actually been toying around with a mini where only the alignment of the victims would be revealed, not the killers, so this has been on my mind lately (yes, I have way too much time on my hands right at the moment). The narration idea actually came out of the idea of changing around how vigging and guarding could work. So I was really interested at all the points people are making on this (and roleblocking).

• Options
    I spend so much time thinking of different phalla setups, and then realize later that they are either 1) terrible or 2) glorious, but I'd never be able to pull them off in the manner that they deserve

• Options
    I spend so much time thinking of different phalla setups, and then realize later that they are either 1) terrible or 2) glorious, but I'd never be able to pull them off in the manner that they deserve

Wait, what ideas do you have that are glorious but you'd never be able to pull them off?

You should PM me...

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

Wait, what ideas do you have that are glorious but you'd never be able to pull them off?

You should PM me...

I'll keep a PM thread open and just fire them off when I think of them in the future. I had them written down, but lost the book :(
    Stupid analog data systems.

• Options
    I have an awesome idea for a mini where the mafia get no kills.

Let that one sink in for a bit.

• Options
    I'm not sure if my work firewall is blocking something, but that's a huge blank post, mang.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if my work firewall is blocking something, but that's a huge blank post, mang.

the game is AFOOT

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

Sucks to be you!

(it's just a video of the "dawn of the first day" intro)

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

the game is AFOOT

Ahead Watson! The criminal is close at hand!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    YO TEKTITES

You know it's advantageous that we all find each other. I'm not sure how many varieties of us there are, but I'm willing to put myself out there to get us all hooked up right away. Holla at me, and tell me why you want to be BFFs with other tekites, let's get this shit ROLLIN'

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Excellent Day 0-I like where this is going. I mean not like like it, I'm not trying to sacrifice dames or nothing

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    I'll be hosting an official vote spreadsheet and will be updating it as often as I can. You will all be able to view it through this link, but will not have edit privileges.

PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU NOTICE AN ERROR. This is going to be what I use to determine vote winners.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmDsO5EObBN9dFFGZW00ck92OUh5V0pWMUxUSnU2WUE

• Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Excellent Day 0-I like where this is going. I mean not like like it, I'm not trying to sacrifice dames or nothing

SeGaTai

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Jackisreal, don't think I haven't forgotten the fact you vigged your own Seer in the Vampire game.

I remember, yes, I remember.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    stever777 for failing to inform me that he was the last unconverted Rac1 Protein in MrT's prototype phalla.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options

the game is AFOOT

Diana has put away her bosom. Apollo has lifted his skirt. The day has been launched.
    kuzzik_role_models.jpg

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That is an oddly unvisible way to start day 1!

It also says 11 pm Tues so are you guys sure it has started?

Retaba on
  • Options
    Maybe each role PM has a body part in it somewhere. And you have to vote off enough village to make your potato guy, and they have to vote off enough mafia to make their potato guy. make it like a 50/50 faction game?

• Options
    Maybe each role PM has a body part in it somewhere. And you have to vote off enough village to make your potato guy, and they have to vote off enough mafia to make their potato guy. make it like a 50/50 faction game?

What madness do you speak of?

• Options
    To be clear, Day 1 has started. I will change the header.

In my head, that was the best intro ever. Damn nostalgia.

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »

What madness do you speak of?

You bastard

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »
    That is an oddly unvisible way to start day 1!

It also says 11 pm Tues so are you guys sure it has started?

Other people voted and I hate feeling left out. I figured the spreadsheet being posted was the go ahead, but I may just be an awful person.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    it was a pretty good opener

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed I'm not mafias, I'd have enjoyed myself way too much with theming the proboards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yjh2BnTTBs

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I don't know where it is from, but I'm sure if I was old and stuff it would of been great! But maybe just add "Day 1 has started" somewhere :P

Do you want us to include you in our PM?

Retaba on
  • Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    I'm disappointed I'm not mafias, I'd have enjoyed myself way too much with theming the proboards:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yjh2BnTTBs

likely story.

• Options
    sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    Stever Baidol reminded me...

Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • Options
    it is from majora's mask, god!

• Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    Malkor for PHA/LLA inactivity

• Options
    Alegis wrote: »
    Malkor for PHA/LLA inactivity

OH YEAH

I had forgotten who it was

malkor

• Options
    Is gaslight in this?

oh, there he is.

Hey Gaslight!

• Options
    Ketbra we havn't voted for each other in a very long time!