As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PRIME] PAX Prime 2012 Forum Badges

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Kropotkin,

Just wanted to say the badge looks awesome again this year. i was wondering how you'd top last years pip-boy rear art, but this is just fantastic.

• Options
    ep3ep3 Registered User regular
    I am a newbie, what is the Pre-Pax gaming night?

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    ep3 wrote: »

I could be wrong, but I think this is something Kroptkin runs on the Thursday night in the Sheraton lobby for those wanting to get their table-top on before PAX itself.

• Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular

In the lobby/Bar area of the Sheraton, many PAX-ers gather to play board/card/etc. Games the night before PAX. I looked in last year on my way through the WSCC area to somewhere else, it looked pretty fun.

• Options
    VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    We are staying at the Sheraton and will be in the lobby for some tabletop action!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • Options
    VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I participate and I am with "Versuserik" so I too will be in to lobby for tabletop action and would love to have my name n the back.

Versuskid on
    Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
  • Options
    BombClancyBombClancy Sugar Lady Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I am new here and looking forward to participating in the unofficial pax events.
    I am a ferry ride away from the event, so cookies are something I can help with, easily.
    Edit: If I can get in, the Magical Mystery Tour and pre pax dinner are two I would love to do.

BombClancy on
    what do you call a pile of kittens? A meoooowntain!
    itweet
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Baka Al wrote: »

I could be wrong, but I think this is something Kroptkin runs on the Thursday night in the Sheraton lobby for those wanting to get their table-top on before PAX itself.

I do not run the Pre-PAX gaming night, I simply attend it. It is just a group of PAX attendees who decide to play some board games in the lobby of the Sheraton on Thursday night.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Baka Al wrote: »

I do not run the Pre-PAX gaming night, I simply attend it. It is just a group of PAX attendees who decide to play some board games in the lobby of the Sheraton on Thursday night.

It's a really good way to play new games. We got in on a game of Resistance at PAX East this year and my husband became hooked. I think we played it 5 or 6 times. Also if you have a game you love, bring it with you.

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    This is a new design for the front of the badge. I've added some colour, but not much, and toned down the film grain. Let me know what you think.
    PAX_Prime_2012_PA_Forum_Badge_Front_V3.jpg

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Overall I approve. It looks awesome If I wanted to be incredibly picky (and why not, I'm a silly goose like that sometimes) I might up the grain just a bit more (somewhere between the two). If I wanted to be super picky I'd say add wrinkles instead of grain.
    But if you chose niether of those I'd still be impressed ;).

Edit: Corrected typo, fixed tone.

tsrblke on
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I must not be as picky as @tsrblke cause I think it looks great. That said, I can barely draw a stick man to save my life, so I can't exactly complain.

I love the added color and would be proud to wear this!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    Fenrisfang wrote: »
    I must not be as picky as @tsrblke cause I think it looks great. That said, I can barely draw a stick man to save my life, so I can't exactly complain.

I love the added color and would be proud to wear this!

Hey now, I did say those would be over the top, call them "Stretch goals" if you will! I think it looks great as is. Just figure I'd throw in some critique to move from "AWESOME" to "EPIC"

• Options
    SageheartSageheart Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    The new front design looks amazing!

Tickets + Flight + Hotel = SEE YOU AT PAX 2012!
    Pre-PAX Dinner | Tri-Wizard Drinking Tournament | Post-PAX Party
    2012 Prime Buttoneer (Main | Bonus)
    Ravenclaw Death Eaters, Head Boy - Ravenclaw DE is on Twitter and Facebook!
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Once again, fantastic work Kropotkin. :D

UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    This is a new design for the front of the badge. I've added some colour, but not much, and toned down the film grain. Let me know what you think.
    I think it looks awesome!

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular

As always amazing, I can't wait to get my hands on this years.

• Options
    Tar3820Tar3820 The One and Only Sunnyvale, CARegistered User regular
    ZOMG YAY!

PRIME 2012: 3-day Pass [X] Hotel [X] Plane Tickets [X] Buttons [X] VacationTime [X]
    !Ravenclaw Deatheaters, represent!
  • Options
    AtratyysAtratyys Registered User regular

Looks great, starting to get really pumped for PAX again!

CA CAW! 2013 Ravenclaw: Order of the Phoenix

AsyXe.jpgpCwR3.jpg
  • Options
    Rhea_starstormRhea_starstorm Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Looks awesome.....im sorry if someone has already suggested thi but I think turimg the horse into a unicorn/pegasus would look even cooler

• Options
    Also noob forum question. How do you order/get your hands on one.of these shiny badges? :)

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Looks awesome.....im sorry if someone has already suggested thi but I think turimg the horse into a unicorn/pegasus would look even cooler

The horse was specifically chosen due to the first pax prank, Bad Horsing. There's a thread bouncing around somewhere that talks about the forum crest design. It's been in use for 4 paxen now.
    Also noob forum question. How do you order/get your hands on one.of these shiny badges? :)

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23068464#Comment_23068464

• Options
    Sweet....I want to try and do the ppd and triwizard tourney.....Im staying at the Sheridan so Ill try to swing by game night and make sure to look for the awesome British guy

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Menolly07 wrote: »
    Should be a secret hand shake to get forum badges. It should involve a butt wiggle and the words "All Hail Kropotkin"

OMG, I'm so going to do this. Especially knowing Kropotkin's ... er... conservative nature.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    He's a sweety! Last time I had all the answers to the questions ready and no-one asked me then cos they knew who I was:(

For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
  • Options
    I love the secert hand shake idea ;)

• Options
    AylaviereAylaviere Overlord Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular

Ok so this is just my opinion - this looks fantastic and I love it - however I feel like if there's going to be colour it should be blue, the red makes it feel like PAX East. I'm not sure how good that would look though.

Either way, I'm getting my hands on one of these!

East 2015: Hostel/Hotel [✓] Time Off [✓] 3 Day Pass [✓] Pokecrawl [ ]
  • Options
    Aylaviere wrote: »

Ok so this is just my opinion - this looks fantastic and I love it - however I feel like if there's going to be colour it should be blue, the red makes it feel like PAX East. I'm not sure how good that would look though.

The shield itself has both red and blue to represent both pax east and pax prime together, but the pax prime logo and blue color are in the badge background to represent pax prime for this specific badge. The forumers logo was designed 4 paxen ago and has become the defacto centerpiece for the forumer badges in place of more general penny arcade logos.

You can see all the past designs here and its usage will become more clear:
    http://wiki.paxcommunity.net/paxwiki/Forum_Badge

• Options
    zerzhul wrote: »

The shield itself has both red and blue to represent both pax east and pax prime together, but the pax prime logo and blue color are in the badge background to represent pax prime for this specific badge. The forumers logo was designed 4 paxen ago and has become the defacto centerpiece for the forumer badges in place of more general penny arcade logos.

Gotcha. It just looks grey to me and the only thing that stands out is the red.

• Options

Yeah, I agree that the red is far more pronounced than the blue.

• Options

It's meant to be a faded effect to reflect the the fact that it's from the 1800's. If you prefer I can revert it back to the 21st century colour version.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options

It's meant to be a faded effect to reflect the the fact that it's from the 1800's. If you prefer I can revert it back to the 21st century colour version.

I dunno, I personally like the faded look, but it may help to add a bit more "blue" to the "blue" while maintaining the fade (it does look a bit like grey right now.) Alternatively I could adjust my monitor?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    i do like the faded look, but originally i wasn't aware that it was blue. i thought it was grey and red.

but i honestly think it looks good! so whatever makes the designer's life easier!

• Options

I personally like it as-is, but I know the relation to the underlying image. I say do what you like :)

• Options
    I do not see the blue...but I am a fan of old things and so either way I love it and can't wait to get my hands on one :)

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I it just looks grey to me as well. >.>

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Looked grey to me as well. I agree with @tsrblke on this one...maybe add a bit more "blue" to the mix.

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • Options
    ep3ep3 Registered User regular
    I vote for the old look, but either way is amazing.

• Options
    Honestly, I have no preference either way it's just what came to mind when I saw it, sorry if I've made things difficult!

• Options
    SaldekSaldek Registered User regular
    Love the faded look. Really looking forward to getting one of these! Maybe add just a little more blue in there.

https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Saldek
    DS Friend Code - 5300-9697-9935
This discussion has been closed.