As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ambitions Thread

123457»

• ArgusArgus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shorty wrote: »
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    Any ambitions I have are merely vehicles for my final goal of being able to spend all day doing whatever the fuck I please.

You know I was thinking of a way to word what was going through my head and you pretty much nailed it right there.

I have a talent for laying things on the line.

You mean you have a talent for furthering your final goal of doing whatever the fuck you please by laying things on the line.

Argus on
    pasigsizedu5.jpg
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    you know, sometimes you feel like you're so far away from the place you want to be, the place you've been trying to get to for so long

like you're slowly drifting away and the work you've done is becoming less and less relevant by the hour

and then there are the times when you check the results of your uni work and find out you fucking aced it and realise you've now finished all your coursework in a masters degree and maybe you're closer than you've ever been before

oh man those times are great i can tell you now

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    back at work today.

I'm still not a monkey.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Where are you going?

When were you planning on telling me about this little excursion?!

I fell asleep. Anyway
    I am going to work for Concordia Language Villages.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • EtelmikEtelmik Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I used to want to be a writer. Probably novels.

Now, I work from home.

My future ambition is to be a freelance writer and only have at home work so I can go anywhere anytime when needed, and also so I can still do 8 hour sessions of video game playing. I have a good shot at getting there.

Etelmik on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    The more I think about it, the more I think I could probably become a half-way decent author if I ever gave it a shot.

I really want a job where I can work from a home office, take care of a couple awesome kids and have a nice house with a big gaming room where I can work on cool hobbies and stuff, with a couple arcade cabinets and a pinball machine or two.

Like, that's pretty much what I've been working toward for the past ten years.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I need enough money to support my classic car buying/restoring hobby. Any other ambition that I might have is secondary to this.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    man it kind of annoys me when people are all 'i always wanted to be a writer some day and i probably still will in between doing all these other things'

if you want to do it, do it properly. it's not that hard but it means writing a lot and going to workshops all the time and using great resources like the one in this very forum that everyone seems to ignore

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • concreteconcrete Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've found that I'm a lot more creative and get more done if I can have at least 4 hours of gaming in the mix each day. When I'm off work, of course. Though I also sometimes suffer from Oh-I'm-tired-of-recording-this-shit-I'm-gonna-play-some-CS-for-a-bit-oh shit-CS-is-boring-I-want-to-write-something-more-syndrome. Back and forth all day not getting shit done.

concrete on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i wanted to be a paleontologist at one point too

Scratch up another one for wanting to be a palaeontologists in childhood. That guy from Jurassic park was my first childhood idol, so bad ass.

Nowadays hell if I know. The middle class lifestyle with a job I enjoy and some free time would keep me contented.

Leitner on
  • Eastern GlowEastern Glow Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm thinking about going to grad school for Library Science someday.

I think being a librarian would be an extremely awesome job.

Eastern Glow on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Liberry.

It's pronounced Liberry.

Scrumtrulescent on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "you'll notice I no longer say Liberry or Tomorry"

#pipe on
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    God we're all just a bunch of librarian wannabes

Meissnerd on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The only Library I'd work in is a video library.

#pipe on
  • ZoltanisZoltanis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    "Dewey, you fool! Your decimal system has played right into my hands!"

Thanks a lot for dooming us to slave rule under the brain people librarians.

Zoltanis on