As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PRIME] 2012 Challenge Coins - Sold Out

• JamieODJamieOD Dublin, IrelandRegistered User regular
    Got the invoice and paid it. Thanks again.

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    It occurs to me that this time around, in relation to time before pax, some people may be getting their coins in hand before we started planning the last coin.

7B14287.png
  • karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    Nope, the last PAX coin design was submitted around Christmas to the first supplier. The problem there was that the first supplier dropped out after a month.

"In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Haven't received the new invoice yet, but the credit cards a-ready.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2012
    How long do we have to pay for the coin(s)?

I ask because I am tight in the wallet right now, and may not be able to pay for a month or so.

The invoice has a due date on it. Discussing it is probably "PM @SkeleVader " material.

zerzhul on
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    karmacappa wrote: »
    Nope, the last PAX coin design was submitted around Christmas to the first supplier. The problem there was that the first supplier dropped out after a month.

I think he is talking about the last Prime coin.

Also, if you have a situation and you need more time to pay make sure to contact me. If you receive your invoice and you miss your due date without letting me know then your coin(s) will go to the next person on the standby list.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I just got an E-mail from Eric at PCC telling me that the factory now says they can not add the reeded edges because the finish would be ruined.

So the coins will have a smooth edge in this first batch and I will have them in a week or so.

Since the likelihood of a second batch is very high we need to make a decision on whether or not to put the reeded edge on the second batch.

Personally, I think we should stick with the smooth edge so all the coins are the same, but I understand some people will feel strongly about the reeded edge so let me know your opinion.

IhtGIyi.png
    It's an unfortunate mistake, but mistakes can happen. I don't think it's a major design element that's worth changing at this point.

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The coin looks amazing, but I agree with @zerzhul, not worth changing at this point. I know my name is in for the first batch, but just thought I'd give my opinion. Thanks again @SkeleVader for a great job. Will be sending my payment along today!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
  • adias.angeladias.angel Tech-Savvy Wife Kalamazoo, MIRegistered User regular
    SkeleVader wrote: »
    I just got an E-mail from Eric at PCC telling me that the factory now says they can not add the reeded edges because the finish would be ruined.

So the coins will have a smooth edge in this first batch and I will have them in a week or so.

Since the likelihood of a second batch is very high we need to make a decision on whether or not to put the reeded edge on the second batch.

Personally, I think we should stick with the smooth edge so all the coins are the same, but I understand some people will feel strongly about the reeded edge so let me know your opinion.

This is mostly just me being curious, did we use a different factory and/or finish than we did for PAX East?

Prime '12, '13, '14, '15, '19 .. East '12
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    If I end up having to miss the show will I be able to have them shipped if I went with pick-up? Or would that be better to work out with a handler closer to the date?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    If I end up having to miss the show will I be able to have them shipped if I went with pick-up? Or would that be better to work out with a handler closer to the date?
    I am sure we would be able to work something out.

This is mostly just me being curious, did we use a different factory and/or finish than we did for PAX East?

We are using the same company as the last East coin, but we have a different finish. I am not sure about the factory.

IhtGIyi.png
    edited May 2012

We are using the same company as the last East coin, but we have a different finish. I am not sure about the factory.

Just me double checking, if we wanted to do the reeded edges for the second run, it would have a different finish? Would it still look similar? (Thinking about ordering two more, hehe.)

adias.angel on
    edited May 2012

Just me double checking, if we wanted to do the reeded edges for the second run, it would have a different finish? Would it still look similar? (Thinking about ordering two more, hehe.)

If it happened it would still have the exact same finish. The problem is the the reeded edge needs to be put on before the final finish is applied. Thats why we can't get it on the first run of coins. They are already done.

But unless a large amount of people speak up we will just make the second run have smooth edges as well. It is a very minor design element that would create a logistical headache making sure people got the style of edging they wanted.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
  • ep3ep3 Registered User regular
    It would be kind of cool if the 2nd printing had the reeded edge. It would differentiate the two printings slightly. It might sell more coins on the second wave.

ep3 wrote: »
    It might sell more coins on the second wave.

Unless it's helping to get a 2nd wave done, I don't think that's a concern as this isn't for-profit.

• DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As one on the standby list, I say leave it smooth. It's unfortunate that it happened, but it's better to have all the coins the same.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
    zerzhul wrote: »
    It might sell more coins on the second wave.

Unless it's helping to get a 2nd wave done, I don't think that's a concern as this isn't for-profit.

That is what I meant, it is obvious by the low price this isn't for profit. I for one may be interested in buying the different coin or trading another person for the 2 nd wave edition. Just a crazy thought, but never underestimate the completist mentality.

• VersuskidVersuskid Maui, HIRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    The initial 200 coins are now all gone.

You may continue to submit your order to the form, but you will now be on the standby list. If there is enough demand we will do another run later.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-rVrTTGXXpYI/T6ht6LQK6qI/AAAAAAAAPqM/eemDHFTaLpI/s500/thisisbullshit.gif

I need one

Tehe I know that there is going to probably be another round but still

Versuskid on
    Prime 2014 Status: .[ ] Pass(es) .[ ] Hotel .[ ] Plane Tickets .Waiting Patiently [NEVER!!]
    Challenge Coin [ ]. Custom Dice [ ]. Forumer Pin [ ]. On Forumer Badge [ ]
    Attendee: Prime '12, '13
  • DaisyDaisy Registered User regular
    Got my invoice and paid it! Thanks again for donig this, the finished product looks great! Can't wait to pick it up!

I have finished sending all the invoices for the people on the first 200 coin list.

If you don't receive your invoice please PM or E-mail me.

IhtGIyi.png
  • slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Invoice received and paid!

I say keep any subsequent runs the same style.

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Zoroark173Zoroark173 Registered User regular
    I say keep it the same for all of them. Just my 2 cents. The only good thing about having different edges, is like how @ep3 said that they could have tradeability. But I think that it would be better to just keep them all the same for consistency.

• VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    How close are you to having enough peeps on the standby list?

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
    Right now there are only about 70 coins spoken for on the stand by list, but not everyone has paid for their coin on the first run. If someone doesn't pay by their due date (one week after I sent their invoice) and they don't contact me telling me they need more time, then those on the stand by list will start getting invoices.

IhtGIyi.png
  • BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    I paid on We Pay, since I can't remember if I'd already sent you the check or not. If you do get a check from me, just do whatever with it.

I really gotta organize my paperwork pile some day.

• bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    Payment sent :)

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
    Does anybody have images of the previous year's coins for Pax Prime?

Does anybody have images of the previous year's coins for Pax Prime?

Links to the previous threads are in the OP, images are in those threads.

• AractorAractor Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm on the waitlist for the second batch of coins, and it sounds like it would be easier all around to just leave the edge smooth.

Thanks SkeleVader for handling everything, I can't wait to get my hands on my 2nd PAX Prime coin. :D

Attended: Prime 2011, Prime 2012, Prime 13, Prime 2014
    Enforced: West 2015, West 2016
    76561197962492129.png
  • Kwisatz HaderachKwisatz Haderach Registered User regular
    Just bumped up the waiting list by 5 coins (always good to have spares).

My two cents, I wouldn't mind seeing the second run have the reeded edge, gives us latecomers another reason to be sociable at PAX and seek out first-run owners with extras for trades :D But I understand feasibility is key, and will stand by my order regardless of the final edge outcome.

Twitter: @Quintonious (new, infrequently post)
    PSN: Quintonious
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    Except I'd bet most of the first run people only purchased the coins the actually needed and not extras for trade. :)

why are you smelling it?
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    shuddup and take my money!

*Throws money at monitor*

Invoice paid!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    edited June 2012
    I got the coins in the mail this weekend and they are absolutely amazing.
    mu8iu9.jpg

I will start sending them out to the people that wanted them shipped sometime this week.

As it stands right now there were only 4 people that did not pay for their coins or contacted me to let me know they would be late. So there will be 6 coins moving to the stand by list. I'll send out an invoice to the people on the stand-by list that will get these coins.

SkeleVader on
    IhtGIyi.png
    I got the coins in the mail this weekend and they are absolutely amazing.
    mu8iu9.jpg

I will start sending them out to the people that wanted them shipped sometime this week.

As it stands right now there were only 4 people that did not pay for their coins or contacted me to let me know they would be late. So there will be 6 coins moving to the stand by list. I'll send out an invoice to the people on the stand-by list that will get these coins.

Happy Monday to all of us! Can't wait to get ours!

• FenrisfangFenrisfang Edmonton, AB, CanadaRegistered User regular
    PAX needs to get here NOW! I want mine. Looks awesome!

PAX Tickets: check!
    Hotel Booked: check!
    Sitter for the kids: check!
    Excitement level rising: check, check and triple check!
    For all those on the stand by list:
    I am going to start collecting money for the next order.
    We are sitting at about 100 coins right now, but I am going to just order 200 more coins so that as people find this over the next few months they won't have to wait to pay.

IhtGIyi.png
  • VersuserikVersuserik (E) Versuserik Maui HawaiiRegistered User regular
    Nice- I am invoiced and paid! I'm not sure if you can see it but- this here is my happy face!

PAX PRIME 2015 Status:
    [♦ ] 4 Day Passes
    [♦ ] Hotel
    [ ] Plane Tickets
    [♦]Working my ass off to pay for all this shit.
  • skylatronskylatron Registered User regular
    Invoice for 2 coins received and paid. Thank you! =D

edited June 2012
    @SkeleVader: Can you let us know when you finish shipping the first batch? I want to make sure I keep my eyes open for them. My husband has an AWFUL habit of throwing the mail into a pile and not telling me. ;-)

adias.angel on
This discussion has been closed.