As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] of Cables: Persephone's Kiss [Cycle End: Recovery]

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Does me posting count? It totally should.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    It probably should.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    Sorry no cats here

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I think its funny that people are willing to give information from their roles to help someone with his VC, but are unwilling to do a simple thing like post a cat.

This whole VEER wincon thing has been very interesting for a number of reasons. Player response to some of them is very eye-opening.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I think its funny that people are willing to give information from their roles to help someone with his VC, but are unwilling to do a simple thing like post a cat.

This whole VEER wincon thing has been very interesting for a number of reasons. Player response to some of them is very eye-opening.

I refused both.

Initially, at least...

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    Well then Saber, I am glad I wiped out REG, I would have tried to take you out tonight as well.

Your group has done nothing but take information and try to control the village in both worlds.

No matter what pretty words you paint your actions are those of controllers not mere information brokers.

It has been that way from DAY 1 when you contacted me and nothing has changed.

I have never had any reason to trust any of you and your continued efforts to get villagers killed in the Real and control the Veer will doom the village.

I have railed in games against confirmed network heads, demanding villagers think for themselves and not blindly trust. The fact that I am doing so against people with NOTHING confirmed about them and I am being constantly met with hostility rather then reason has only made me trust your motives much less.

You are a threat to me, my faction and the Real village as a whole. Because you have made yourselves that threat.

If you have not talked to TRV yet, he will try to get you kill, mark my words.

TheRoadVirus TheRoadVirus

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Who what the hell, I am operating on little sleep sorry, I meant Saberovereasy in that last part.

Saberovereasy Saberovereasy

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    What's the vote count?

Steam profile
  • Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Real: T_A-11
    Kime-3
    jdarksun, SaberOverEasy-1

Veer: Void Slayer- 7
    Kime- 4
    T_A, SaberOverEasy, Cayrus-1

That T_A vote in the veer is invalid @Cayrus.

• Options
    I really want to vote for Saber out of spite for this morning (:p), but I'm worried about shenanigans that throw random people into first place....

Dilemmas....

Steam profile
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Does that mean you DON'T want to go to prom Void Slayer????

I'm sorry your experience with us was so poor. We've been upfront, honest and have helped plenty of people connect with factions and achieve their win conditions.

I assisted TRV in his in condition last night. I would have been happy to help you do the same.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    kime

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    As it sits after that vote, the vote manip in play in the veer would tie Void Slayer and Kime. @tastypastry has yet to veer vote.

• Options
    Well, I would rather not have my vote manipulated so I guess I'll join a wagon.

The_Anonymous Kime

Sorry kime, self preservation and all that.

• Options
    Well, I would rather not have my vote manipulated so I guess I'll join a wagon.

The_Anonymous Kime

Sorry kime, self preservation and all that.

Still tied =p.

• Options
    Here, I'll help put this to rest Void Slayer

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Well then Saber, I am glad I wiped out REG, I would have tried to take you out tonight as well.

Your group has done nothing but take information and try to control the village in both worlds.

No matter what pretty words you paint your actions are those of controllers not mere information brokers.

It has been that way from DAY 1 when you contacted me and nothing has changed.

I have never had any reason to trust any of you and your continued efforts to get villagers killed in the Real and control the Veer will doom the village.

I have railed in games against confirmed network heads, demanding villagers think for themselves and not blindly trust. The fact that I am doing so against people with NOTHING confirmed about them and I am being constantly met with hostility rather then reason has only made me trust your motives much less.

You are a threat to me, my faction and the Real village as a whole. Because you have made yourselves that threat.

If you have not talked to TRV yet, he will try to get you kill, mark my words.

TheRoadVirus TheRoadVirus

I was 120% confused for a minute hahaha. Thanks for not wanting to kill me!... yet!

• Options
    tastypastrytastypastry Can somebody please remove these cutleries from my knees?Registered User regular
    I have been summoned! I will vote for void slayer

kime, because he scares me!

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    who's tastypastry?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Langly's lady friend if I remember correctly.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Don't think I've even seen a post from him/her/it.

E - friend of Langly - trouble!

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    stever777 wrote: »
    Don't think I've even seen a post from him/her/it.

E - friend of Langly - trouble!

Much less scheming and infinitely more attractive from what I've heard. Considering how dashing Langly is that is saying something.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I am greatly amused by this turn of events.

No reason not to vote kime, so I will do just that. Even if only because screw you Inactivus

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Tasty is my wife, yes

• Options
    Also I am leaving it to you veer people to sort out your mess with the information brokers, good luck, you'll need it.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Democracy has concluded.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I have to say, despite any sinister intentions people feel they have or that they actually may have, the brokers did help me win last night, so I thank them for that.

• Options
    Cycle Four

It was raining.

It shouldn't have been. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. But it was raining. Sheval caught it on his hand, stuck his tongue out. It was rain. At the same time, it was not rain, because it could not have been. There wasn't a cloud in the sky. It was a simulation, a hallucination, and a lie.

But all around him people were looking to the sky.

“It's like...we're all dreaming, but sharing the same mind,” he said slowly to himself.

“Or perhaps there is no dream,” a woman whispered to him. Her voice crackled. She stepped in front of him, walking backwards and spreading her arms as fabric floated away into the sky.

“But it's not real,” he stammered.

“When does it become real?” she whispered into his ear, walking further away. Closing his eyes and rubbing his face, Sheval saw so much at once. A man hiding under the floorboards. Hunters searching for an illusion. Naively, a death already assured, surrounded by the same. An imagined woman for a man who should know better.

And

Even with 16 separate monitors, the light in the room was comically low. Minh Ha Des had given up most of her hacking out of fear, but recent events had suggested that perhaps it was time to use all one's skills regardless of one's fears. If she happened to know a way inside the IZANAMI mainframe, well...this seemed like a fortuitous time to investigate.

She was not certain what she was going to find. She imagined that there would be a certain degree of information to sift through. What she had not expected was what she saw.

“There can't be only one vote,” she muttered under her breath. “There's no way only one person voted.”

Manually, she attempted to re-enter her vote. It appeared on the screen, blinked twice, promptly went red and then vanished.

“That's impossible,” she muttered again, beginning to fish through the database.

It took several minutes for her to realize the problem. “There's only 22 names in here,” she whispered.

The robot broke down the door.

“I don't understand what's going on,” Sheval gasped, standing in the doorway as she died.

“Perhaps not,” the woman mused, “But what if you tried?”

“This is...this is too ethereal,” he groaned, holding his head and leaning back against the wall. “This is...abstraction, and imagery. I need something solid, something real.”

“You already know what's happening,” the woman said, “What's going to happen. Just process it.”

“I DON'T know that!” Sheval shouted. He opened his eyes. In front of him a foreigner held a bag over a bodyguard's head. The plastic pulled into his mouth as he tried to breathe, wrestling with the foreigner's arms in an attempt to free himself. If he could just...if he could just....if he could just...

“You do,” the woman smiled, “You're the host.”

Jus Soli clutched his gut instinctively. He hadn't expected it to hurt this much. He knew that the code was tactile, knew that it was meant to cause pain to those it hit...but god damn. God damn. His attacker was gone, at least, leaving behind only the echoing mockery of the booming, infernal VOTE.

Unfortunately, he couldn't use that to ease his pain. This was how it ended then. He didn't have a body waiting for him on the other side anymore. Alone and cold, in a fictional world, he passed.

Henry Miller stepped through nothing to grab his shoulders. “Hold on,” he said, “I'm trying to help you.

“Buddy,” Jus Soli groaned, “It's too late for me.”

Rubbish,” Henry grunted, leaning him against a wall and inspecting his body carefully. “Never too late. Can't be too late. You haven't disconnected yet.

“No, listen,” Jus winced. His palm produced a memory. “Take this.”

Aarun Duat hung up his coat.

“Mr. Duat?” a dark voice asked. “Please, sit down.” Aarun turned. The cyborg was already pointing a gun at him. No time to reach his pistol. “Only getting older, Aarun.”

Aarun sat down at the table. The cyborg smiled at him, her teeth ominously sharpened. “I know you,” he said with a dry throat. “You're with Phallen.”

“Very well done, Aarun,” she said mockingly, “You watch the news.”

“You're that freak that they pardoned two years ago. Should have known that Phallen was up to no good if they were going to-”

“That's enough, dear.” The cyborg reached under the table, keeping the gun pointed at him. He knew she was watching him as she did. He couldn't run. She pulled a bottle of beer up, popping off the cap and taking a deep drink. “Is this shit from Landing?” she asked. “Fucking terrible.” Her metallic fingers drummed against the table. “You've been doing business with some iiiinteresting people, Aarun.”

“Is that what this is about?” Aarun said frantically. The likelihood of death gave him an unprecedented boldness. “Killing anyone who might be involved with Phallen's leak? Pointless revenge? Everyone knows you can make Persephone in Veer equipment now and everyone knows you made it that way on purpose! You can't-”

She shot him. Aarun and his chair fell backwards. Desperately he tried to push himself back before he could realize he'd been shot, but she rose and advanced on him before he could get anywhere.

“Don't be ridiculous, you can't make Persephone in our tech,” she sighed. “We make it in you.”

She shot him again.

Henry stared at Jus Soli. “You have to live,” he said definitively after a few seconds. “You have to get out there and tell everyone this.

“Too late, buddy,” Jus Soli smiled wryly. Already his form was becoming fractaled.

It can't be too hard, come on, you can tell your allies everything, we'll come back and-

“Buddy,” Jus stopped him, “Buddy. What am I gonna tell them?” His signal went dark. “Whooo dooooo youuuuu thiiiiiiink hiiiiiiiiiit meeeeeeeee-”

I am thirsting. I am learning. I am eternal and hungry and I know what there is to know. I am searching and hungering and I WILL GROW. I consume and I learn. I grow.

I

cats.

They are adorable.

Real:
    Jdarksun – Minh Ha Des – Assassinated????
    stever777 – Jake Friday – Suffocated

Veer:
    Void Slayer – big bounce – Infection
    Capfalcon – Jus Soli – Error37/Disconnected/Desynched/Everything and the sink
    SlyM – nyannyannyan:3 – 00000000000000000000000000

Declassified
    Capfalcon – Aarun DuatJus Soli (White Night)
    jdarksun – Minh Ha DesGlukk Cactuseater (Warcraft 6)

The average amount of Persephone in an adult human is growing, according to recent news reports.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    All correspondence with IZANAMI should be concluded. If you believe you should have received some information and did not, please inform your nearest representative.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    VOTE IMMUNITY OUT THE ASS

• Options
    So, T_A obviously the votes from you don't automatically go to 2nd place and the vote manip doesn't work the same as the one in the Veer. Of course, it does appear the votes can only be transferred to someone with at least one vote. TRV was the only one not to vote for yourself or Kime. Interesting? I certainly think so.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Ok

Look

This is getting old. All I want to do is accomplish one of my wincons in this game. My VEER wincon was shut down because some silly goose decided to disconnect a perfectly non-threatening service. Now, I have been prevented from distributing my drugs for two straight nights. The first was because capfalcon used his power to force me to give him drugs on night two, then he died. Then last night, someone roleblocked me.

WHY?!

Just let me get rid of these damn drugs so I can accomplish my wincon. I'm batting 33% right now and at this rate I won't be able to get rid of these drugs and win.

come on people

ObiFett on
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    WELP

SOME FUCKER WASTED HIS KILL.

I DON'T KNOW HOW CLEARLY I COULD HAVE SAID I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE VEER AS LONG AS PEOPLE POST CATS

APPARENTLY THE INFORMATION BROKERS ARE JUST A BIT TOO WILLING TO KILL ANYONE WHO DOESN'T GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT IMMEDIATELY.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Wait, what did I supposedly do now?

• Options

Either through no fault of your own or purposefully allowed T_A a target for him vote manip other than Kime.

• Options
    Anialos wrote: »
    So, T_A obviously the votes from you don't automatically go to 2nd place and the vote manip doesn't work the same as the one in the Veer. Of course, it does appear the votes can only be transferred to someone with at least one vote. TRV was the only one not to vote for yourself or Kime. Interesting? I certainly think so.
    What are you even talking about. I'm vote immune, vote trickles down to kime. kime is vote immune, vote trickles down to jdark. jdark isn't vote immune, he dies. Unless the vote count says otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

• Options

Either through no fault of your own or purposefully allowed T_A a target for him vote manip other than Kime.

I threw a joke vote at jdarksun because he voted for me earlier today. That's seriously all. I dont have much info to go by, so a joke vote seemed like a good enough reason to me

• Options
    What are you even talking about. I'm vote immune, vote trickles down to kime. kime is vote immune, vote trickles down to jdark. jdark isn't vote immune, he dies. Unless the vote count says otherwise, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

Wait, two vote immune people? Sunuvabitch.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    secretly the information brokers are facebook!

• Options
    The wording I got in my clarification never mentioned second place, just that the vote trickles. So kime being vote immune is the most likely explanation.