As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Super Summer Slugfest Slamdown: Movies & More!

1979899100101103»

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »
    Bendis' interview over at Newsarama paints a different story, it sounds like. Here.

Specifically talking about the show's season 2 renewal:
    "We're doing really good in the ratings, and everyone's really happy," he said of the show's success. "I couldn't be more happy to hear that."

Obviously Bendis isn't going to say anything negative about the show, so if you lend credence to the earlier comments then Bendis' words won't change your mind.

In any case, does anyone know when we'll actually see the ratings figures for this program?

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    And, frankly, I don't see why you'd deliberately tailor your product to alienate a large portion of your (embarrassingly old) fan base.

What's the the advantage of making a show that's only for kids? Has Dini been doing it wrong this entire time? Has Pixar?

Robos A Go Go on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Because Loeb.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Thing is that you can make a show "for kids" and still be good, Brave and the Bold being a prime example.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Or pretty much any of DC's shows in the 90s/early 2000s.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Arryn wrote: »
    Bendis' interview over at Newsarama paints a different story, it sounds like. Here.

Specifically talking about the show's season 2 renewal:
    "We're doing really good in the ratings, and everyone's really happy," he said of the show's success. "I couldn't be more happy to hear that."

Obviously Bendis isn't going to say anything negative about the show, so if you lend credence to the earlier comments then Bendis' words won't change your mind.

In any case, does anyone know when we'll actually see the ratings figures for this program?

It's basically the network's choice if we ever do. Non-broadcast,non-prime time PeopleMeter results are not made public by Nielsen.

huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Or Young Justice!

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Or Young Justice!

Young Justice is a great looking show, but it's production cycle has been a mess. Marvel could stick with in-house examples and make shows in the vein of EMH and be good.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Was the Bendis written USM episode any good?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Was the Bendis written USM episode any good?

Comes out tomorrow I believe.

Also, regarding that Newsarama interview, this part bugs me;
    "I've had a couple of these people coming up to me on Facebook," Bendis said. "I don't know what to say — 'You know, you're watching Disney XD.' It's not on Showtime. I want you to like it too, but like it in the context of what it's for. It's for kids. We're thinking of them while we write it."

That's just such a fucking cop out. He's basically pretending you have to do one or the other, which shows like Avatar and Batman TAS show otherwise. Hell, for whatever fault's the 90's Spiderman cartoon had, it's still more mature than this show.

And then the whole "you're watching Disney XD" crack. I bet if you said the same thing about comic books, he wouldn't care for it.

Just finished seeing Superman vs. Elite. Now, I'm not the biggest DC/Superman fun, so take my comments with a grain of salt, but I thought that this is the best Superman movie, and probably the best of their new animated movie ones.

Like Chris Sim's review said, one of the nicest thing about it is that it expands a bit more on the single issue comic is based on. For the most part, there's really no changes, but you just seem more interactions with Louis/The Elite. There is a small change to the final battle in that
    The last bit of it takes place on Earth.

Also, I think the movie does a better job than the comic showing a
    Scary Superman. Even knowing what happens, I was like 'damn' when Supes goes all crazy.

The animation/fight scenes are really well done too. I still don't care for the character designs, especially that of Manchester Black and Superman, but the animation itself is really fluid and the fight scenes actually have a nice little impact to them.

Voice acting is good too. I think because Superman doesn't have the definite voice actor that Batman has, it's less noticeable when they get someone new. I was honestly surprised that Tim Daly wasn't voicing him, whoever they got sounds a lot like him.

noir_blood on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Voice acting is good too. I think because Superman doesn't have the definite voice actor that Batman has, it's less noticeable when they get someone new. I was honestly surprised that Tim Daly wasn't voicing him, whoever they got sounds a lot like him.

The dude voicing him was George Newbern, who did Superman in the Justice League shows because Tim Daly wasn't available.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    I really dug Superman vs the Elite. I'll probably watch it again sometime soon, which I rarely do with those movies (I think I've only really done it for All Star Superman and Red Hood).

But I also rewatched Justice League Doom and that one... is still bad.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    If this is getting good word of mouth, I'll have to check it out then. I'm surprised about the animation being good, it just looked so off.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »

The dude voicing him was George Newbern, who did Superman in the Justice League shows because Tim Daly wasn't available.

Ah, no wonder he sounded so familiar.

TexiKen wrote: »
    If this is getting good word of mouth, I'll have to check it out then. I'm surprised about the animation being good, it just looked so off.

Yeah, I think that's what I was most surprised about. Again, the character designs are the best, though strangely enough the two worst are Manchester and Supes, but the action/animation totally makes up for them.

I also really ended up liking the Hat, even though he seems ripped off an anime.

• ryvenryven Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    George Newbern and Tim Daly sound soooooooo similar its crazy lol

ryven on
This discussion has been closed.