As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Armoured Core: Project [Phalla]ntasma (mini) - End - Village Victory

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Can't fault you for that (yet), self preservation and what not. Majestic Goat

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Majestic Goat

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    While looking back for the EQ info, I found this. Interesting
    Sheep early, sheep often is all I can say.

I do not see much coming out so far, so I'll go with my old standby, 2nd and 3rd vote on the two wagons.

One game I was a vig, I think. On day one I look at the second and third place voters on the two wagons. On the same day I vigged one and revealed my role to the other. Got one mafia with my kill and ended up revealing to the seer.

Since then I like to look at early/middle voters, normally saying something like this would change behavior but it keeps happening.

If I see a pattern it is better to go with that but without one all I have are old, poorly working tricks.

As for supporting Assuran, I was just saying out loud the kind of analysis of missions I have been doing privately, we do not really know how they work so the more we discuss this the better.

I'll go find a better vote target, but for now, revenge vote! [color=redMajestic Goat[/color]

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    :(

Majestic Goat

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    Okay so what would killing spoit get the mafia. He was likely to be guarded (him or smoove) and if another villager jumped in the rankings they would probably play right along with smoove's tune.

This would put SLyM and segatai as the primary mafia suspects from an arena point of view, if you think ORCA is trying to grab the top arena spot.

SeGaTaI just dropped into 5th place and is both immune to the arena vig and can challenge for the top spot.

It would be a gutsy move and indicate they have at least 2 players remaining.

As for the vote record nothing really stands out to me. Almost all the votes have been on villagers and we basically lost two days so far.

I am going to drop my vote on [color=redSLyM[/color] then.

• Options
    I hate vanilla. I do not even eat it with Neapolitan ice cream. Seriously why don't they just put mint n there instead? Mint goes so much better with chocolate.

SLyM

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Majestic Goat

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    You do realize that if I don't vig literally exactly who smoove tells me to I die, regardless of if I'm mafia or not, right?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hey guys, what's for dinner? I'm having pancakes! See you after narration probably. May the odds be ever in our favor!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I dont like this goat vote anymore.

Way too easy :S

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    It depends if you think there are 2 or 3 mafia left ...and it's friday.

• Options
    Egos has been blipping my radar for ages.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    Yeah Im not sure about Egos.

I think he was the one who told me in Tijuana that he gets quiet when he is mafia and he seems pretty quiet this game.

Either that or he is loud as hell but the avatar change makes his posts harder to track :P

• Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    Egos has been blipping my radar for ages.

and you're shadowy as hell

• Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    Ok lessons learn here.
    Don't drink before voting.
    I guess this a good bye

• Options
    To do this officially
    Void
    SeGaTai

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

I think he was the one who told me in Tijuana that he gets quiet when he is mafia and he seems pretty quiet this game.

I was evil in Tijuana..so probably not. I think I told you more about my behavior during Munkus' game (the doomed voyage of the harbringer- I think?)

• Options
    Care to explain what I'm doing that's "shadowy as hell?"

• Options
    You're a non-presence. Pretty sure the same reason you are voting for me skipper ;-)

• Options
    So at the beginning of the game, when I was saying that the mafia was probably gonna try to tank omer science, when I was comparing my mission results to everyone else, that was being a "non-presence?"

The fact that pretty much everything else I've done since then has been in the arena and therefore easily seen by the entire playerbase, including being a publicly revealed vig, is being a "non-presence?"

• Options
    Please note that you're tied for last in the arena. Everything you're doing is private. You're the one being shadowy as hell.

• Options

The fact that pretty much everything else I've done since then has been in the arena and therefore easily seen by the entire playerbase, including being a publicly revealed vig, is being a "non-presence?"

haha hit a sore spot , huh?

Was talking purely about the thread. And I never said I wasn't shadowy.
    Egos wrote: »
    You're a non-presence. Pretty sure the same reason you are voting for me skipper ;-)

• Options
    Throw stones at me if you'd like to
    But I have to say: I enjoy Prometheus quite a lot.

• Options

Nobody is insulting you, don't worry Majestic.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

I was evil in Tijuana..so probably not. I think I told you more about my behavior during Munkus' game (the doomed voyage of the harbringer- I think?)
    Oh yeah.

The point being that that is totally a thing youve said and here we are.

So Egos I guess.

• Options
    I like the way you quote the half of my post that wasn't about me making posts, then say that you're arguing about me not making posts.

:P

• Options
    I like the way you quote the half of my post that wasn't about me making posts, then say that you're arguing about me not making posts.

:P

well that part was valid :)

• Options
    edited June 2012

Everyone who watched Prometheus said it sucked badly.
    So I'm going to disagree with them and branded heretics
    ;-)

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    I'm gonna go Cythraul , odd nobody mentions the two mafia voting for the same guy. More to make the point stand out.

• Options
    Aint care bout no alien movie.

But apparently there is a Wes Anderson movie with Bill Murry and Ed Norton and oh god I cant give my money away fast enough.

• Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    This day

IS DONE

• Options

;-)

you ever play a game with B:L , you should day 1 vote him (or whatever you feel is an appropriate punishment). All he does is go "PROMETHEUS SUX" in IRC.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

;-)

you ever play a game with B:L , you should day 1 vote him (or whatever you feel is an appropriate punishment). All he does is go "PROMETHEUS SUX" in IRC.

1) B:L is the weirdest guy. In a good way
    2) too many pancakes. I want to sleep/throw up
    3) I'm almost done with Farscape!
    4) I want to see prometheus and judge for myself
    5) srsly my stomach hurts

• Options
    AkimboLegs wrote: »
    This day

IS DONE

DEMOCRACY IS OVER

• Options
    edited June 2012

Will keep that in mind. Not going to kime next time then :P
    1) B:L is the weirdest guy. In a good way
    2) too many pancakes. I want to sleep/throw up
    3) I'm almost done with Farscape!
    4) I want to see prometheus and judge for myself
    5) srsly my stomach hurts

There are stupid stuff in the movie, but no movie is perfect right?

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    The Final Night

"Another one?" The Commissioner gave a weary sigh.

"Looks that way." The Messenger answered.

"You ever wonder... If there's a way out of this?" He queried his subordinate.

"Sir?"

The Commissioner leaned back in his chair and stroked his beard.

"The only memory I have of my great grandmother... Are the stories she used to tell me about Earth. Real earth, that is."

"Was she one of the last colonists?"

"Yes, she was. She was determined to help save the planet. Even when the Kojima pollution started, she wanted to stay."

"What changed her mind?"

The Commissioner reached for a picture frame and turned it to face the young man.

"She learned she was pregnant." The Commissioner paused. "She always said she had hoped to return - that maybe the pollution would go away, or the Government would do something about it. Never did though."

The Messenger remained quiet.

"Listen to this old man." The Commissioner gave a quiet chuckle. "Reminiscing about things he doesn't even understand."

"Maybe..." The Messenger began.

The Commissioner gave him a hard stare. "No, lad. If there's one thing I've learned in this life, you can't fight money." He gave another exhasperated sigh.

"What if you refused the order?"

"If only it was that simple. You don't think there aren't a thousand who would leap at the chance to take my place? Better that I choose a successor. Someone that might be able to carry on my will. Because I do believe one day.. One day we will have our sucess. It just isn't today."

The Commissioner turned to his computer, and looked at the flashing words

SANCTIONED TERMINATION

TARGET: RAVEN MEGA WANG LYNX MAJESTIC GOAT

and hit Enter.

--

"You ready?"

"Yup."

"Ok, go!"

Targetting reticles locked onto their two opponents, two RAVENs charged out from the undergrowth, catching their targets unawares.

With no time to react, Mega Wang was able to eviscerate his target - the Inactivus before its Lynx, Cythraul had time to react.

But that split second gave Bolt VanderHuge just enough time to avoid a fatal blow - instead seeing his leg stabilizer destroyed, causing him to slump to the ground

"Wh--what's going on?" Bedlam called out.

"Corporate scum, your time is up." Majestic Goat called back.

An eerie laugh echoed across the airwaves.

"You've taken my bait quite easily, ORCA. I would've thought you better than this."

"Who's there?"

A magenta RAVEN descended from above, behind the ORCA RAVENs.

"You're outnumbered, Kadomony, not much of a trap." Antilles called out.

"You think two little ORCA RAVENs can stand up to me?" Kadomony smirked. "As I recall, your friend Kaplar didn't last more than a few seconds."

"Don't push your luck. His sacrifice gave us the time we needed to escape that day, so that we might seek vengeance for him this day."

A laugh echoed across the intercom.

Red Leader flashed, and charged toward the magenta biped RAVEN, lancing out with his yellow blade. Almost. Geist flared his side-boosters to evade the attack, but as soon as he did, a salvo of missles rained on him from the sky. Unable to engate his boosters in time, the impact stunned him. Red Leader charged toward him again, and managed to pierce his primal armour and inflict a greivous wound across his core.

Geist charged backward, and leapt into the air.

"Not bad, Antilles. You've certainly improved since we were partners."

"I don't need your praise. And I go by TheRoadVirus now. Antilles is history."

Kadomony laughed again.

"Very well. It's the least I could do for an old friend."

A small pulse of light shot out of Geist and the RAVEN seemed to vanish.

"Where's he gone?" Majestic Goat called out.

"I don't... he's not on radar."

Suddenly, movement behind Majestic Goat. He tried to maneauver his Mega Wang but was too slow, as a yellow blade pierced through his Core, and vanished again.

"Ungh..."

"Are you ok?"

"No... I can't... Mega Wang won't move. I think this is it for me."

Geist reappeared in front of them.

"That's it? One attack? More and more disappointed with your choice of allies, Antilles."

"I'll show you... one attack." Majestic Goat called over the comm, as his core began to flare yellow.

"No-!" Kadomony yelled, as he raced backward to avoid the blast.

A familiar brilliant yellow flash encompassed the forest, including the wounded Bolt VanderHuge and the lynx Bedlam

"Close..." Kadomony called.

"You dodged it well, but..." TheRoadVirus called out. "You didn't look behind you."

Suddenly a massive impact slammed into Geist's back.

"What?!"

Another impact careened into him, sending the RAVEN crashing to the floor.

"This is the end for you, Kadomony. I thought this might be hard for me, but your death is something this world needs."

General Iroh raised his slug gun again, aiming it at Geist's core-coupling, when a bright yellow light flashed down from the sky enveloping General Iroh.

Geist stood up, and looked at the charred remains of the last of the ORCA RAVENs, as a faint voice called over his intercom.

"Lo, there do I see my father. Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the halls of the honored dead, where the brave may live...forever."

Geist walked over to the remains of General Iroh as he saw the lights in the cockpit die away.

ORCA have been eliminated!

The Pax Economica and her RAVEN army are victorious

• Options
    yayyyy

• Options
    Did I manage to save Omer Science?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Wow

Nice aim Smoove

• Options
    Did I manage to save Omer Science?

Technically Omer Science disbands right after the narration~

Also - I didn't include your arena kill because there's no reason to/it didn't FIT INTO MY STORY OK?