As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Disgaea 4 (and Asagi) hit common sense with massive damage [US Summer 2011!]

1282930313234»

• Options
    chris: waffle kingchris: waffle king whiskey-fueled crank Osaka's OverbellyRegistered User regular
    In D3, murdering you allies grants you a special ending!

i wanna say D4 is the only one without this.

steam_sig.png
    時計仕掛けの子の丸々太った磁器の顔に表情は無いが、転がりながら、口がカチッと開閉して、腕が上下に動い た。

ージョン・タインズ、作家
    ー無名狂師、翻訳者 (俺)
    Wanna watch a gaijin butcher monsters and the Japanese Language all at once? Sure you do, and now you can!
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Don't know if anyone's as big a procrastinator as me, but Disgaea 4's LE is $35 at Amazon now. Factor in the $10 discount they gave me for botching VLR's release, and I'm finally jumping on it.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Its ok, I'm still on chapter 2.

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Also, the DLC will be 50% off on Nov 20th.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    rb7mP.jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    I am pumped for that game. And that cover art is fantastic. <3

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    No secret dudes to pick out from the crowd this time though. Nice to see Angels back, no sign of majins or androids returning, but there's another loli so y'know, yay if you're into that kinda thing.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    Can't wait. That announcement finally got me to play Disgaea 1, and I'm about halfway through now and loving it.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Also, the DLC will be 50% off on Nov 20th.

For Disgaea 4? I really want the DLC but what if they pull that bundle bullshit like they did with Disgaea 3 (by which I mean they had content exclusive to the DLC bundle).

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Ok I have not been keeping track lately. What exactly is this I am looking at?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    It's a direct sequel to Disgaea 1, called Disgaea D2. Back to Laharl as the main character and whatnot.

• Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    So if I have never played a Disgaea game before, where would a good place to start be?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    You want to start early in the series if you want the full experience.

It's hard to go back to the older games because of all the improvements to the systems.

• Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Wait, this is a Disgaea sequel?

Well played NIS, well played.

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oh heck yeah! Now I can't wait.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    It's a direct sequel to Disgaea 1, called Disgaea D2. Back to Laharl as the main character and whatnot.

This is very helpful.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    arcath wrote: »
    So if I have never played a Disgaea game before, where would a good place to start be?

Get Disgaea 1. Either the PS2 (Hour of Darkness) or PSP (Afternoon of Darkness) version will suffice. There's also a DS version, called Disgaea DS, which is inferior to the other platform options... but better than nothing, if it's all you've got available. I haven't played Disgaea 4 yet, but consensus seems to be that D1 still has the best story of the ones that've been released, and despite improvements to the game each of them are very much the same type of SRPG without too much variation.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    astronautcowboy3astronautcowboy3 Registered User regular
    I'll be waiting for it to go portable.

The JRPG Club: Video game reviews, vocabulary lists and other resources for Japanese learners.
    PSN: astronautcowboy 3DS: 5343-8146-1833
    I have Sega, Nintendo and Xbox games and systems for sale. Please help me buy diapers.
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    arcath wrote: »

Get Disgaea 1. Either the PS2 (Hour of Darkness) or PSP (Afternoon of Darkness) version will suffice. There's also a DS version, called Disgaea DS, which is inferior to the other platform options... but better than nothing, if it's all you've got available. I haven't played Disgaea 4 yet, but consensus seems to be that D1 still has the best story of the ones that've been released, and despite improvements to the game each of them are very much the same type of SRPG without too much variation.

Ok thanks. Ill swing by all the used games places today on lunch and see if I can find Afternoon of Darkness. I dont think I can go back and honestly enjoy a ps2 game.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    I replay Saturn games regularly, PS2 ones are just fine.

wVEsyIc.png